Universal Pictures | Release Date: February 28, 2020
6.9
Generally favorable reviews based on 241 Ratings
Watch Now
imthenoobMar 30, 2020
Moss does a great job but that doesn't make up for the fact that the movie is an utter bore. So many needless plot twists, Overly long runtime and the ending was so incredibly corny. I think the quickest way to improve this movie is to trimMoss does a great job but that doesn't make up for the fact that the movie is an utter bore. So many needless plot twists, Overly long runtime and the ending was so incredibly corny. I think the quickest way to improve this movie is to trim at least 20 minutes from the first hour. Quicken the pace a bit so people aren't twiddling their thumbs until something actually happens. Expand
DavidCameronApr 4, 2020
I watched this film with my 18 year old son who has down syndrome and he couldn't understand any of it so I find this film is very unfair and rude to people with severe learning disabilities. My 15 year old daughter also kept waving her buttI watched this film with my 18 year old son who has down syndrome and he couldn't understand any of it so I find this film is very unfair and rude to people with severe learning disabilities. My 15 year old daughter also kept waving her butt about at the theatre because this film encouraged her to behave like a filthy little prostitute.

You'll feel very unwelcome and insulted by this movie if you're a white skinned man who identifies as a black woman like I do. I felt the vile characters would rather make my face paper white rather than transform my skin to a lovely black colour. You can bring your alcoholic drug filled friends to see this film, you can bring your pet to see this film but whatever you do, DON'T bring your kids to see this highly offensive crap remake.
matthewmirlianiFeb 28, 2020
What starts off as a mostly competent thriller, descends into an absurd melodrama that has too many twists for its own good. The film borders on the ridiculous and isn’t even quite that terrifying - it’s simply an unnecessarily sad andWhat starts off as a mostly competent thriller, descends into an absurd melodrama that has too many twists for its own good. The film borders on the ridiculous and isn’t even quite that terrifying - it’s simply an unnecessarily sad and exhausting chore. The film had such promise - but with a thin script and weak characters, there’s truly nothing to see here. Expand
AcaciaMar 7, 2020
Two of js went to see this movie, and two of us enjoyed it. Elizabeth Moss is terrific as an abused wife who plans and executes her escape from her abusive husband. Just when she thinks her troubles are over, she finds out they are not.Two of js went to see this movie, and two of us enjoyed it. Elizabeth Moss is terrific as an abused wife who plans and executes her escape from her abusive husband. Just when she thinks her troubles are over, she finds out they are not. Loved the way things built up over the course of a tight timeframe. Of course, it is frustrating when no one will believe her. A couple of scenes where I had to cover my eyes. But, overall, great suspense, a talented leading lady and a good supporting cast. Very engrossing! Expand
agg8877Feb 28, 2020
My previous opinion was erased strangely, so here I am again. This movie does not need an invisible man since it is just one more analogy of the #metoo era. Everything was so predictable, that this was more a harassment drama than a horrorMy previous opinion was erased strangely, so here I am again. This movie does not need an invisible man since it is just one more analogy of the #metoo era. Everything was so predictable, that this was more a harassment drama than a horror movie. don't waste your money Expand
MeowsMar 29, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It was okay, had a few good moments. The woman in the movie is very unattractive and annoying as all get out. I love physiological thrillers, This isn't one. There was not one twist or anything. I thought it would have been good, had she had a split personality, or he was telling her the truth before he died. Something interesting, but nope. This is probably a really unpopular opinion, but I wanted her to lose or be wrong, who would stay there? No one, you'd run, hide. Extremely violent. Expand
Riddlebox2003Mar 11, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To be completely honest, after watching this movie, I am shocked to see a 7.1 from both the audience and critics, that rarely lines up, and usually, both aren't so horrendously wrong. I went in with low expectations from Blumhouse, after their last few movies they have felt like a shadow of who they used to be and this movie reflects that, loudly. The Invisible Man is one of the worst movies I have seen this year and I am an avid moviegoer who goes typically 3-5 times a month. Not only does it have multiple moments where it appears to be ending (sort of like the false endings in LoTR), but it just continuously drags on with so very little going on at damn near every point of the f***ing movie. I'd say the beginning of the movie was the most interesting part, but they never build or show their relationship, we have no way of knowing just how terrible Adrian really was to her. It seemed odd that they refused to show the abusive relationship, I mean, the movie is over 2 hours long, and there's next to nothing about their relationship. I think the movie possibly could have benefitted from showing how **** of a person Adrian actually was in their relationship. Instead, we get he-said-she-said type of **** that never amounts to much.

Compared to the original's charm, it has nothing going for it. The twist is lame and illogical (also predictable), and large parts of the movie just do not add up. For instance, during her daring escape from the mental institute, no one is seeing the people get murdered? They all assume it is her and when she passes by the guard station, you can clearly see cameras, RECORDING EVERYWHERE (as a mental institution does), and yet nothing, no one is saying "Hey, there's a knife floating and she's either killing men with her mind, or her story is legit." Most of the big twists in the movie or the big shock moments also take place in a public setting, so you're telling me that no one in the restaurant saw a knife floating except for her and her sister? You're telling me they couldn't have shown footage in the restaurant of a floating knife??? Do you mean to tell me that the cops didn't go to check the footage? You're going to tell me they didn't see A F***ING KNIFE FLOATING??? Give me a break from reality, but not this big of a disconnect. Also, why does the little girl believe she hit her when she's clearly on the other side of the room? None of it adds up, the only suspense and disbelief comes from how laughably unbelievable the film is at moments.

Also, after she shoots and stabs the suit, how would it just blink and go in and out? That's literally not how it would work, once she disconnects/destroys a camera it would act more like a dead pixel that would be constant, it wouldn't make half of the suit blink, did no one explain how electric current and cameras work? Drab. The best way to describe this movie is by calling a drab, drag-fest that goes on for what feels like a f***ing eternity, my theater had people walking out or laughing during highly suspenseful and intelligent dialogue such as "He's invisible! It means you can't see him!!!" I mean, wow, so profound, thank you for defining the meaning of "invisible", I really needed help on that! I'm not sure how this movie has such high ratings, it was just plain-out bad and predictable at every point. Though the writing doesn't treat the audience as poorly as the writers did in The Dead Don't Die (where they explain the f***ing plot and 'hidden' meaning on multiple occasions), it still feels insulting when they introduce us to plot points that just make literally no sense, and that's the problem with The Invisible Man, it almost makes no sense from start to finish. I also feel like the twist where it was his brother was meant to make us think "Oh my God! What if it wasn't him!!!!" but, tbh, at that point, I was so f***ing checked out of the movie I was only thinking "Jesus f***ing Christ, it's going to keep going for another f***ing 40 minutes."
The_MagnificentMar 13, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Characters with literally zero background, a man in a suit who watched the Predator too many times (the suit even sounds like one), terrible writing and jumpscares putting me to sleep. Predictable af.

The beginning was somewhat decent but as soon as the invisible man popped up and his desire to have the baby which lead to zero suspense since he didn't want to hurt her anymore even though he beat her up pretty badly just a few minutes earlier. Yes, his plan changed to hurting her "loved ones" but the **** do I care. No background, no development, they didn't even explain who her friends are other than dropping the names. If you are one of those "turn your brain off" muppets and like lazy jumpscares, enjoy. But hey, not that there's anything wrong with that. Elizabeth Moss did a great job though.
OlivierPielMar 23, 2020
1 point for the decent opening scene. The rest is paint by numbers "à la Metoo", an activity I stopped enjoying after the age of 7. Indeed, everyone with half a brain can see the plot twists a mile ahead, which is ironically funny in a film1 point for the decent opening scene. The rest is paint by numbers "à la Metoo", an activity I stopped enjoying after the age of 7. Indeed, everyone with half a brain can see the plot twists a mile ahead, which is ironically funny in a film about "invisibility". Expand
Number6manFeb 28, 2020
Really disappointing. Had a nice idea, but the movie felt dry. Needed better directing.
derekjaypostMar 18, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Waste of my time and money. I wish I had my money back for this trash film. Expand
matisyahuMar 14, 2020
Because Leigh Whannell is on board, thought it would be different than the usual Blumhouse fluff, but was proven wrong. It's a film that really requires a suspension of disbelief right from the get go in order to enjoy some jumpscaresBecause Leigh Whannell is on board, thought it would be different than the usual Blumhouse fluff, but was proven wrong. It's a film that really requires a suspension of disbelief right from the get go in order to enjoy some jumpscares throughout. Essentially a ripoff of "Gaslight," "Hollow Man," and "Enough" in a premise right up front with massive holes. The CGI effects are terrible, as the killer looks like something more out of the 90s in the way he flashes around versus at least having equal quality to that as the aforementioned Hollow Man or even Terminator 2. So we are told he's some kind of genius optics scientist, meanwhile his appearance looks terrible by scientific standards. We are made to believe that the protagonist in the film has no friends, no family outside of her sister, and no alternative other than to stick within 15 miles of where the killer resides. One key plot point that is poorly explained is how there was no police-based death certificate or verification of his death in the way it is presented. Meanwhile, Cecilia is constantly around her police friend James, so something doesn't add up. Even as I type this, I realize how preposterous the whole movie was.

Look, like typical Blumhouse fare, if you're looking to bring your girlfriend/boyfriend for some jumpscares amidst over the top musical scoring (reminded me of something Tarantino would parody), this movie is for you. But even if the age of Harvey Weinstein, there is nothing compelling here storywise beyond that, and it's clear that Blumhouse is a profit shop trying to exploit the #MeToo era of sincere issues. The villain Adrian and his motives for violence are poorly developed, the story has gaping holes in logic, and you can only look at the protagonist uglied up and deranged looking for so many minutes before you say to yourself "I Get the Point." Really, an awful movie - the only reason I give it 2/10 instead of 1/10 is so people don't dismiss the review.
MoviesUghMar 21, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ugh. If you have braincells and would like to keep them, you should probably avoid this horrific disaster of a movie. Girl does the impossible to get away from crazy mofo, has a dingbat of a sister and isn’t even slightly concerned when a letter suddenly shows up to a house where she’s supposed to have been in hiding from the entire universe. Um ok....

Despite all this “Goldigger” decides she wants the cash and goes to collect...

This movie is soooo painful to watch. Do yourself a favor and skip it and read the original book instead. So much better.

20 minutes in, atrocious and fast forwarded to an awful ending.

Ugh
nutcrackrApr 5, 2020
Unfortunately one of the stupidest movies ever made. So the main character is alone and paranoid. She notices that the front door is now wide open, so what does she do? She walks outside for a stroll of course... Pop quiz time: If you wereUnfortunately one of the stupidest movies ever made. So the main character is alone and paranoid. She notices that the front door is now wide open, so what does she do? She walks outside for a stroll of course... Pop quiz time: If you were living in a house with your daughter, and believed that a guest staying in your house hit your daughter. Would you a) call the police b) tell the guest to leave immediately or c) leave your house and let the guest do whatever they want. If you choose c, you are the scriptwriter of The Invisible Man.

Oh and there's a bit where the main character (she's not good btw) gets evidence to prove beyond doubt that her claims are true. So she of course stashes it instead of take it with her.

Number one rule of Thrillers is that they should be smart. This is not.
froglegsApr 2, 2020
The writing is painfully bad, much of the dialogue makes no sense. Also the rich handsome guy obsessing over an average looking girl is not that plausible, poor casting choice.