Season #: 2, 1
8.1

1. Lyn
    May 29, 2019
    The actors are great and Eve's style is superb. But I'm mildly surprised none of the critics noticed the lack of dramatic tension as the story morphed from "I'm outraged by this killer and want to catch her" to "I'm obsessed with this entrancing killer and want to be buddies with her and wow! Maybe become a killer, too!" There's much less tension, fewer thrills as this becomes more of aThe actors are great and Eve's style is superb. But I'm mildly surprised none of the critics noticed the lack of dramatic tension as the story morphed from "I'm outraged by this killer and want to catch her" to "I'm obsessed with this entrancing killer and want to be buddies with her and wow! Maybe become a killer, too!" There's much less tension, fewer thrills as this becomes more of a buddy movie. Expand
  2. Jun 25, 2019
    Season 1 was one of the best shows I have seen for years, an absolute instant classic. Sadly season 2 has been really baggy and a bit of a mess. Early episodes seemed pretty good, but by the middle it was sagging, with random incidents and a lack of coherent plot. It actually took us weeks to get round to the watching last few episodes, the magic had gone. Hoping it refinds its form.

1. Reviewed by: Judy Berman
    Apr 9, 2019
    [Phoebe Waller-Bridge's] handpicked replacement, Call the Midwife star Emerald Fennell, doesn’t seem to grok the characters on quite as profound a level. Happily, Fennell does know how to keep episodes fizzy, fast-paced and binge-friendly.
  2. Reviewed by: Kevin Fallon
    Apr 8, 2019
    Perfect is a strong word, but Killing Eve is a series that merits those. ... Everything that worked so well in season one is back in essentially the same form, and it’s working again.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Apr 5, 2019
    Because you're never quite sure what she'll do -- and how far she'll go -- the show has a genuine sense of menace, mixed with the disarming humor that comes from Villanelle rolling her eyes and throwing tantrums like a pouty teenager.