6.4

1. Feb 14, 2020
    Ignore the negative reviews here. They are from butthurt anti-Apple people who come into Apple TV+ shows expecting to be offended by Apple’s perceived wokeness. I think you guys need to learn from Ben Shapiro and stop wokescolding Apple.
  2. Feb 8, 2020
    I was not sure about a sitcom gaming show by ubisoft. Just finished the season and it's really good. Some cringe moments but i find the writing really good in general. They also talk about most of the subject we care about in the community. If you don't like the pilot and want to quit, just watch episode 5. BRILLIANT!
  3. Feb 9, 2020
    I loved it. The story structure is great. The characters are well developed. You for a second almost forget about Cricket. In the pantheon of shows that have come out from ASIP minds, this one has been my favorite (sorry AP.BIO I still love you) I'm an older gamer in my thirties, and I thought the plot was on point. Don't listen to the stupid trolls about PC culture. Does the show tackleI loved it. The story structure is great. The characters are well developed. You for a second almost forget about Cricket. In the pantheon of shows that have come out from ASIP minds, this one has been my favorite (sorry AP.BIO I still love you) I'm an older gamer in my thirties, and I thought the plot was on point. Don't listen to the stupid trolls about PC culture. Does the show tackle tackle women in gaming? Yes. They do it well, and its dumb to think a show wouldn't take on topical ideas. Expand
  4. Feb 8, 2020
    How is it possible that those guys are so triggered every time a series has more than 2 female Characters?
    This show is not "woke". The development team in this show has 2 female developers and the rest are all male. The show is far from being "woke". I sense a lot of Always Sunny in Philadelphia Vibes.
    Well, enough of that, i can really recommend it, it just feels like a mashup

Well, enough of that, i can really recommend it, it just feels like a mashup between Silicon Valley and Always Sunny. The characters are great and even if not everything is quite accurate about the game industry, most of it is authentic. I hope Apple+ will keep this series, its the first one i really liked on their Service.
  5. Feb 7, 2020
    Another great show from Rob McElhenney. The supporting cast is great and the writing is of course brilliant. A little confused about other's opinions: the show is a satire. It's not attacking the video game nerds so I don't know what they're talking about.
  6. Feb 7, 2020
    I really enjoyed it! Wasn't sure going into it what I'd think, but it really won me over. The first half of the season is a typical office comedy with a really fun to watch dynamic between the characters and a cool setting of video games. Then there's a really well done episode halfway through that is like a good mini-movie, very good quality. Kind of dramatic. Then everything after thatI really enjoyed it! Wasn't sure going into it what I'd think, but it really won me over. The first half of the season is a typical office comedy with a really fun to watch dynamic between the characters and a cool setting of video games. Then there's a really well done episode halfway through that is like a good mini-movie, very good quality. Kind of dramatic. Then everything after that point seems to be this great balance of comedy and emotion, and that's where the show really shines. It's a great first season and am looking forward to watching more! Expand
  7. Feb 7, 2020
    I loved it. Funny and pretty accurate to the Game Dev experience. I'm not sure what's so woke about it? It has female characters? Check it out.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 12 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Joel Keller
    Feb 7, 2020
    Not only is it funny, but it sets itself up from the first minute as the next great workplace comedy, one that even gamers will like.
  2. Reviewed by: Nick Schager
    Feb 7, 2020
    Mythic Quest often plays like a mild lark uninterested in pushing itself into truly gonzo territory. Once its protagonists’ quirks and hang-ups have been firmly established, the series is able to play off of those attributes to wittier ends. Yet even so, none of its central figures are distinctive enough to stand out from any number of like-minded comedy efforts.
  3. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    Feb 7, 2020
    Though the characters are ill-tempered, the show comprises generally good-natured tales of competing egos and angry compromises.