• Network: Netflix
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 20, 2020
4.1

1. Mar 24, 2020
    Letter for the King achieves the rare feat of feeling both too long and too short. Its very pretty and expensive looking, but its dumb, very, very dumb. The two teen (I think they are teens? once I passed 35 I lost the ability to determine how old people under 30 are) leads are...fine, I guess? I found them both to be utterly lacking in charisma and charm. It features a great cast ofLetter for the King achieves the rare feat of feeling both too long and too short. Its very pretty and expensive looking, but its dumb, very, very dumb. The two teen (I think they are teens? once I passed 35 I lost the ability to determine how old people under 30 are) leads are...fine, I guess? I found them both to be utterly lacking in charisma and charm. It features a great cast of character actors but the dialogue is so cliche and trite that they have very little to do. I am still unsure of what the bad guy was trying to accomplish, and its possible he may have even been the good guy? Anyways, its fine to watch if you just want to put something on while scrolling through the latest, soul crushing, corona virus news. Expand
  2. Apr 2, 2020
    It’s not a 10, but it also certainly isn’t a 2.7. This is a good series for these who like medieval Fantasy. True grade would be a 8.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 6 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Nick Allen
    Mar 23, 2020
    “The Letter for the King” is clearly aiming for the TV-PG audience who want their own “Game of Thrones” or even “Lord of the Rings,” and it's hobbled by that rating more than it should be. Any time there’s a threat of large danger, the outcome is predictable.
  2. Reviewed by: John Serba
    Mar 20, 2020
    The Letter for the King will scratch an itch or three for fantasy mavens although The Witcher seems prime to scratch harder.
  3. Reviewed by: Robyn Bahr
    Mar 20, 2020
    Despite showrunner Will Davies' best efforts to electrify the stakes with contemporary high-fantasy clichés ranging from sassy maidens to Shamanistic bloodlines, the story remains downright quaint and the climax laughably limp.