8.5

1. Oct 7, 2014
    Id say so far this game is not bad like some think. Its so environmentally amazing. The sounds the scares, the characters, and the story is sticking to its roots. I can say the cut scenes are mehh and sometimes the voice wont match its lips but other than that im having tons of fun with the game.
  2. Oct 7, 2014
    As a fan of the original Alien, I found this entry to be incredibly immersive and true to the film, even inspirational in a way that HR Giger would have been extremely proud. This is certainly not a game for people with ADD or compulsive disorders (i.e. people who enjoy CoD, Halo and the like) and I can understand why they would feel disappointed. It's because they were expecting an FPSAs a fan of the original Alien, I found this entry to be incredibly immersive and true to the film, even inspirational in a way that HR Giger would have been extremely proud. This is certainly not a game for people with ADD or compulsive disorders (i.e. people who enjoy CoD, Halo and the like) and I can understand why they would feel disappointed. It's because they were expecting an FPS and move around too much, too fast and probably die incessantly as a consequence. For those of us that like to immerse ourself in a world, take a long Sunday drive, and take in the little details, this game is exactly what we've been looking for. And the fact that it does this while staying so true to Alien form is very impressive.

I've been gaming for many decades and I can honestly say that this game made me feel like it was 2003 and I was playing Metroid Prime for the first time. If you know what I'm talking about, tarry not and buy this game.

To Creative Assembly: A sincere thank you from the bottom of my heart. This masterpiece is a true work of art. Please remember those of us that love it when you contemplate a second.
  3. Oct 7, 2014
    Visually beautiful, creates a sense of actually being in the Nostromo due to all the fine detail. I would recommend this game to any alien fan. Player beware can be very hard!
  4. Oct 7, 2014
    So what can you say? Best Alien game ever? Most likely. Perfection? Not quite. Whilst the game marvels with its infectious ambience and hair raising AI, it never quite manages to escape the extra terrestrial clutches of being quite irritating. Whilst it's non-AAA qualities allow for a game which is far from intent upon chasing the buying masses, it's insistence upon overstating theSo what can you say? Best Alien game ever? Most likely. Perfection? Not quite. Whilst the game marvels with its infectious ambience and hair raising AI, it never quite manages to escape the extra terrestrial clutches of being quite irritating. Whilst it's non-AAA qualities allow for a game which is far from intent upon chasing the buying masses, it's insistence upon overstating the omnipotence of the Xenomorph, can leave you feeling like victory will (at times) fall upon little more than a lucky break.

The games pacing begins with aplomb, as you begin to question the presence of the chief villain far before its arrival and, at the same time, are lead into a perfect false sense of security as it finally appears to turn your nightmares into a living reality.

The following hours are spent with an understanding that thinking on your feet is a necessity, whilst scrunched eyes and screen-avoiding head turns are sure to be the only way to shun an alien AI which can be considered one of the most intelligent ever seen in a video game.

Of course, this is also one of the games chief problems. At times, the Alien AI is simply unstoppable. Were he to say jump, my only response would be to ask how high. And whilst a bevy of craft-able weaponry may seems like the perfect distraction for his hunting expertise, you can be left with the feeling that if the game wants you dead, there is very little you can do to prevent your inevitable demise
    But (and it is a big but), this is what makes Alien Isolation everything it claims to be. It really is the ultimate survival horror. Forget the overused simplicities of low ammo in a world of insurmountable odds. This is a isolated ship in which you are restricted in movement (thanks to a very well designed level structure), clouded in doubt (thanks to superb audio and nerve jangling flumes of steam), and fraught with fear (thanks to a single entity set upon pulling you limb from limb). Alien Isolation will keep you on edge, it will make you question your decision making and, above all else, will ensure that you are thoroughly immersed whilst doing it.

Reviewers have been fair in their opinions that the game drops off in the closing hours. By then, you have seen it all and done it all. A heavy dose of everything at once does little more than distract from what has (up to that point) been a battle of wits against singular foes. However, if you want an October of fear to lead you towards Halloween, Alien Isolation is arguably the best game to achieve that and one created to ensure that as you fall asleep at night, you will have sharp memories of the speed, power and terror of the mighty Xenomorph.
  5. Oct 7, 2014
    This is it. This is the game you've been waiting for.

If you're a big fan of the original Alien film, then this game will deliver. From the level design, art style, lighting, and retro electronics. This game screams authenticity when compared to the original film. As for the game play: It's absolutely terrifying at times. (Akin to that of Dead Space) The intensity of enemies nearby,
    This is it. This is the game you've been waiting for.

As for the game play: It's absolutely terrifying at times. (Akin to that of Dead Space) The intensity of enemies nearby, the internal struggle of "Do I make a run for it?" really makes the game a blast....Though on the other hand, where it's quiet. Where nothing happens, is equally as unsettling. This is where Alien: Isolation pulls through. The fact that you never feel safe in any situation.

Creative Assembly outdid themselves this time. Whilst it's not the game that people wanted in some aspects (You can't blast the Alien away with guns), it's the game that people definitely deserved considering the mess that was Aliens: Colonial Marines.
  6. Oct 7, 2014
    Survival horror that understands the importance of the concept of "flight or fight". Not always, mind you, but once you acquire the flame thrower you have the option to confront danger instead of just cowering underneath a table.

In terms of production, Isolation shines brightly. With a beautifully crafted world inspired by Ridley Scott's original masterpiece, and a truly exquisite use of sound design to help invoke fear, adrenaline, and isolation.

The only real problem with this game is how too unforgiven it can be at times. Yet, it reminds me of the Souls series where every fail inspires me to keep trying instead of making me want to stop. Isolation is a true AAA survival horror worthy of your time!
  7. Oct 7, 2014
    Delivers on its promises. Not the Alien"S" Game some people have hoped for, but definitly THE 1979 alien movie game adaptation fans will enjoy. If you ever wanted to experience the movie first hand... Look no further.

THE GOOD : + Amazing AI +Oppressing environment + Faithfull to the movie + Great attention to detail + Very scary + The survivor mode and Crew missions are enjoyable +

+ Enjoyable story (But predictable if you are a fan of the movies)
    + Its not Alien Colonial Marines :3

BAD :

- A bit too long, which breaks the pacing
    - The AI can be a bit unfair at times (Ex : Camping an exit or locker for 5 minutes)
    - The saving system (while adding an extra layer of stress, which is good) can be very frustrating at times as it forces you to start over.

Not the perfect Alien game, but a VERY good one. Best Alien game since AvP2.
  8. Oct 7, 2014
    So far this is the best looking game i own aside from battlefield 4, the lighting,ambient sounds and music really work well and give the game it's true character as well as a story that most may not get but will reveal in time with season pass.
    Aliens Colonial marines got a bad rap but as a real Alien fan it worked fine, just wasn't happy with gear box lies with E3 footage. This game has redeemed SEGA with the respect they deserve.
  9. Oct 7, 2014
    NICE TRY IGN......,,,but no.

As an individual who favours a good horror game over everything else, this is hands down an amazing thrill ride and worth your 60-70$. Creative assembly nailed it. Rarely am I ever immersed into a game on such an in depth level. Story, graphics, sounds, pacing all get 10-10.
  10. Oct 19, 2014
    Pure horror and thriller game. A masterpiece for alien lovers. Great graphics and story telling, outstanding sound effects and voice acting.Certainly a must-buy.
  11. Nov 4, 2014
    Alien Isolation, is absolutely amazing, it's stunning atmosphere and faithfulness is at it's finest. The unpredicable Alien which suits the game very well, kept frustration at bay and tension at the front door. The game isn't perfect ( Some annoying android sections; Backtracking) but it's what I've been craving from an Alien game. If you have the patience and courage, much love will be found.
  12. Nov 2, 2014
    This is truly one of the best games I've played this year. They nailed the atmosphere, and it's an intense experience, more so than any I can think of. It may not be the flawless game we all wanted for Alien, but it comes damn close, closer than anything before it. So, at this point, it's Alien Isolation, Shadow of Mordor, Infamous, Wolfenstein, and South Park on my top games of the yearThis is truly one of the best games I've played this year. They nailed the atmosphere, and it's an intense experience, more so than any I can think of. It may not be the flawless game we all wanted for Alien, but it comes damn close, closer than anything before it. So, at this point, it's Alien Isolation, Shadow of Mordor, Infamous, Wolfenstein, and South Park on my top games of the year list, just so you kind of know what kind of games I like. Expand
  13. Nov 16, 2014
    This game is so one of a kind. I gave me some frustration but it is a Diamond. Game spot and IGN should show some respect.
    The best Alien game so far, and one of the best survival horror game so far.
    Graphics, level design, and sound and atmosphere generally is so a masterpiece.
    A little clunky game play ( cant jump, cant go over obstacle, little too long )
    But all in all great expirience
  14. Nov 1, 2014
    I can only brave this game in small doses! This is the most intense, suspenseful, and terrifying game I've played.

It recaptures the look and style of the first Alien movie flawlessly. The environments are fantastic as are the character models. But what really stands out is the sound effects and music...especially if danger is approaching. It feels great! For those looking for

For those looking for your typical first person shooter, this isn't it. I would instead, compare this games feel to that of Resident Evil 1. Survival horror, except in first person view...which is great! This game isn't meant for plowing through enemies with amazing aim...and unlimited rounds. It's hide and seek, as was the movie.

This game gets bonus points for not being your typical first person shooter, and instead opting to try something new! We need more games like this!
  15. Oct 20, 2014
    Reviewers like IGN could not be more wrong. If you enjoyed games like Amnesia and Outlast, you will enjoy this game. It is a fantastic horror game. For what it is trying to be (an Alien themed horror game) it is exactly what it should be. It's one of the best games I've played in the genre. I do agree with IGN that the story is stretched out a bit much, and that's why it's not a 10, butReviewers like IGN could not be more wrong. If you enjoyed games like Amnesia and Outlast, you will enjoy this game. It is a fantastic horror game. For what it is trying to be (an Alien themed horror game) it is exactly what it should be. It's one of the best games I've played in the genre. I do agree with IGN that the story is stretched out a bit much, and that's why it's not a 10, but it does so many things so very right. Expand
  16. Oct 22, 2014
    Excelente game, belos gráficos, um som impecável, uma boa história e uma jogabilidade muito boa, mas acho que deveria ter a possibilidade de matar o Alien, tive que parar de jogar algumas vezes, porque minhas mãos suavam. Tirando o game Alien X Predator, esse, com certeza foi o melhor jogo de Aliens que eu já joguei, e isso na versão de xbox360. Com certeza, vou adquiri-lo quando tiver aExcelente game, belos gráficos, um som impecável, uma boa história e uma jogabilidade muito boa, mas acho que deveria ter a possibilidade de matar o Alien, tive que parar de jogar algumas vezes, porque minhas mãos suavam. Tirando o game Alien X Predator, esse, com certeza foi o melhor jogo de Aliens que eu já joguei, e isso na versão de xbox360. Com certeza, vou adquiri-lo quando tiver a oportunidade de jogar nos videogames da nova geração! Expand
  17. Jun 2, 2017
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent was great. It invented the genre. Everything that attempted to emulate it felt trite to the extent that i gave up on the genre. I avoided Alien: Isolation for two and a half years for that reason. The middling reviews confirmed my expectations. After 2 and a half years It was cheap enough in stores to warrant a go (It was the only game on the shelf i hadn'tAmnesia: The Dark Descent was great. It invented the genre. Everything that attempted to emulate it felt trite to the extent that i gave up on the genre. I avoided Alien: Isolation for two and a half years for that reason. The middling reviews confirmed my expectations. After 2 and a half years It was cheap enough in stores to warrant a go (It was the only game on the shelf i hadn't played)

This game gave me the experience you expect from a new console. It felt like Tomb Raider or Resident Evil on PS1. Turok on N64 and Resident Evil 4 on Gamecube. It feels new and exciting. Its genuinely tense. The sound and art design are hollywood level. Beautifully presented. Remember when you bought games because they were unique and fun as opposed to having the quality of being an update or a sequel? This games a reminder of that and I'm so pissed that i allowed external influences to prevent me from playing this. The reviews are mixed because not everyone has the same experience. The a.i makes each playthrough unique. Well done sega. Games like this are the reason you invest in a games console.
  18. Oct 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I started Alien: Isolation, I noticed the painstaking detail of the Torrens spacecraft which truly does look like it comes straight out of Ridley Scott's Alien. The voice acting was good, the sounds are amazing and stay true to the film, and the graphics and visuals are absolutely stunning. The second the Torrens spacecraft arrives to Sevastopol Station (where you will spend most of the game in), something doesn't seem right. The ship looks damaged and there is someone trying to contact you for help. You then find yourself on the station alone, and then you start to get scared. I thought the Alien was going to kill me the second I stepped in the ship. And this is where we get to the A.I. that the Alien has. The A.I. of the Alien is very good although it may sometimes bug out but most of the time you cannot predict which way the Alien will go and that is what makes the Alien truly terrifying. But the Alien is not the only threat on the ship. The other threats are people and synthetic androids called "Working Joes." As soon as I saw these things chills ran down my spine because I remember how Ash relentlessly attacked Ellen Ripley in the 1979 Alien. And when they do attack they are a chore to kill. It takes several headshots with a gun to kill one of them and many, many hits with a crowbar to kill. But when you get more advanced weapons like the bolt gun, they are easier to kill. But if they outnumber you, you are screwed. The bad thing about this game is that the Alien gets "killed" by Amanda Ripley about halfway through the game and the other half is fighting working joes which was a bit dissapointing to me. But, Alien Isolation is a great Alien game that we've all been waiting for. Expand
  19. Nov 3, 2019
    One of the best horror games I played in a couple of years. It perfectly builds the tension without the use of annoying jump scares. The story is great tie-in for the original Alien movie and plays on Alien franchise tropes, sometimes subverting them. In terms of gameplay, the cat and mouse game with the titular alien is neatly done. It does not grow stale - the monster can surprise youOne of the best horror games I played in a couple of years. It perfectly builds the tension without the use of annoying jump scares. The story is great tie-in for the original Alien movie and plays on Alien franchise tropes, sometimes subverting them. In terms of gameplay, the cat and mouse game with the titular alien is neatly done. It does not grow stale - the monster can surprise you with new tricks as the story develops. Human and synthetic enemies offer a nice variance to the gameplay, and blasting those damn synths to smithereens with your bolt gun or luring the alien to kill a bunch of bandits is a great power fantasy moment. The game also handles backtracking nicely, and you actually feel good about knowing the layout of the station, because it gives you a big edge. Visuals and sound effects are amazing and contribute highly to the atmospheric experience. The music track contributes heavily to the tension and keeps you constantly on edge. I won't give the game a perfect 10 because I had some minor bugs, mostly when trying to enter ventilation ducts. All in all, I highly recommend this game for both Alien fans and horror game enthusiasts. Expand
  20. Jan 2, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've just beat the game a few days ago and actually needed few more to think this whole experience through.

Starting with the technical side I must say I was positively surprised with its performance on my not-so-new PC. I expected I'll have to lower settings but instead, I had native resolution at Ultra details level and the game was running smoothly majority of the time. The only time it didn't were cinematics for some reason, but that's fine with me. Even cranking up AA to max values worked almost well, apart from bigger input lag so I switched back to AA off. That's all my old PC though so let's leave that there. Sounds and music are fantastic - they fit the world and atmosphere so well you get a pounding heart just by the music changing, especially that you know it adjusts to what is going on around you. Graphics - fantastic!

Technical stuff aside, time for the real cherry on top of the cake.
    The Sevastopol station is so well designed it made me wonder how much time the crew spent on creating it. All the stuff laying lose around, like it was dropped in a rush and left behind, makes you really feel the station was alive and something went wrong at some stage. Attention to details and a feeling of the place being alive (at some point in the past) is simply astonishing. It's resemblance and Nostromo-like style has been presented in a fantastic way, it is so true to the original Nostromo you just can't ignore this game if you liked the original. Audio logs and computer notes of people living and working on the station help you immerse with their private lives, as well as add some background information as to what and when changed and how station's crew reacted differently to changing events.

And of course, the bad boy: the Alien. For the first time in a long, long time I've tried to survive against an enemy so deadly and menacing, I genuinely was scared with every step I made on the station knowing he's somewhere around. He does not follow routine paths. He is not stupid and easily distracted. He is an intelligent predator focused on finding and killing you. Give it no reason to be in your place and he will leave, but one false step, one loud move too much and he will be back, breathing down your neck. His patrol routes change, he seems to focus more on places he thinks you may be, be it you making a noise or sweating too much in that locker. He does random stuff like the one time he jumped into a vent when I thought it should be relatively safe to exit the locker, and even before I managed to make one step - he jumped back from the vent and - of course - killed me on spot. And that's just one of them (spoiler), the moment two start hunting you down the hell is up to a whole new level (end of spoiler). Noise-maker so that you can attract Alien away from your real position and sneak through? Wonderful idea? Well, the creature can fall for that but once he checks the device and discovers diversion, it starts to patrol the area much quicker cause it knows you're somewhere near.

The whole experience is very tense and scary, but in a positive manner. On Normal difficulty I played, the Alien was enough of a challenge to make the game challenging, yet not frustrating experience and I am easily getting angry with games. With this one? Not one time. It is well balanced.

Some things people point out as not so good:
    - saving system - I find it challenging yet not frustrating. It makes you think you're actions through before carrying them out, forces you to plan your approach, not just run around, tripping stuff, all-guns-blazing. I liked it.
    - Alien loud behavior - yes, it does a lot of noises while using vents but have you experienced the terrifying moment when you hide in a vent and he gets inside? He barely fits in and I can see why it may do so much noise. It also gives you a small chance against it but make no mistake: you need to crouch to remain silent and he is quicker than you sprinting anyway so I feel it's balanced.
    - Alien not walking on walls / ceiling: I think this could've been added, it would be so Alien-like! Yet I don't find this feature missing very disappointing.

All in all, approach to the title seems thought through and well balanced and pieced together. There is no easy way out, not one thing giving you instant advantage over Alien. Even once you pick the flame thrower up, it doesn't make you safe, not one bit. Yes, you may repel the Alien if caught with your pants down, but once it runs away, it will be back quicker than it ran away - knowing you are somewhere in the area instantly affects creature's behavior, it becomes more determined, aggressive and unpredictable. Fantastic experience!

Only one question: where's the Queen and where did the eggs come from?
    Besides, is the ending a little hint for a sequel? If so, I'm buying pre-order blind.

To sum things up: this game is THE BEST Alien experience to date. Bravo! Standing ovation!
  21. Oct 12, 2016
    Gratísima sorpresa!!

Aún no me he acabado la historia principal, aunque creo que llevo 19 episodios completados. Los suficientes como para atreverme a decir cuatro palabras... Te gustasen o no las películas de Alien/Aliens, este videojuego captura la esencia de la obra de Ridley Scott ¡sino la supera! (quizás) El nivel de mimo puesto en este videojuego es enorme, y se necesita
    Gratísima sorpresa!!

El nivel de mimo puesto en este videojuego es enorme, y se necesita jugar para apreciarlo más que explicarlo.

Un detalle que me gusta mucho, y que contribuye mucho a la 'tensión' (survival horror) es que no hay autoguardado. En vez de eso en determinados puntos del mapa, hay una especie de 'teléfonos de emergencia' donde puedes manualmente salvar tu progreso (me recuerda a las máquinas de escribir de los Resident Evil, salvo por que no hay límites de salvado).

El juego está repleto de puzzles y mapas laberínticos de una estación espacial llamada Sevastopol (una especie de terminal aérea comercial -aeropuerto- con zonas residenciales e industriales etc) que tiene de todo. Digno de elogio ver la lógica y grandiosidad de dicho lugar
  22. Aug 16, 2017
    One of the best representatives of the horror genre with hide and seek. The plot tightens and does not let go until the last. A Alien is incredibly dangerous and a meeting with him usually ends with your death. Artificial intelligence of others is worked out to the smallest detail, and as a Alien absolutely freely moves along the space station together with you, and all this generates aOne of the best representatives of the horror genre with hide and seek. The plot tightens and does not let go until the last. A Alien is incredibly dangerous and a meeting with him usually ends with your death. Artificial intelligence of others is worked out to the smallest detail, and as a Alien absolutely freely moves along the space station together with you, and all this generates a lot of interesting events and situations. Expand
  23. Oct 11, 2016
    Pros: Atmosphere, sound, graphics, story, the Alien, weapons.
    Cons: Very long game; 20 hours to complete main story; pointless missions, and lots of backtracking.
  24. May 25, 2016
    Excellent game...even 18 months after release. It's worth picking up in a bundle with all the DLC. There is a bit of inconsitency in the cutscenes, but they add to the growing intensity of the game wonderfully. My only issue with the game is that it does end with a few loose ends. With a sequel still not certain (but not ruled out), here's hoping they find a way to tie up the loose ends.
  25. Aug 17, 2016
    I really liked the AI, visuals and whole story. It's really amazing and I think that I want more of it! It's a shame that DLCs are so small and you finishing them so quickly.
  26. Sep 28, 2018
    Alien: Isolation is a game that became a game of torture and dreadfulness (as you trying to stop a really hard to be killing machine from biting your frontal lobe all the way to the sensory strip [oh and it'll eat much more than your brain). It sparked up in 2014 and was played by many new and old Alien fans. I first saw game-play of this game back in 2015, but to me it just looked likeAlien: Isolation is a game that became a game of torture and dreadfulness (as you trying to stop a really hard to be killing machine from biting your frontal lobe all the way to the sensory strip [oh and it'll eat much more than your brain). It sparked up in 2014 and was played by many new and old Alien fans. I first saw game-play of this game back in 2015, but to me it just looked like some complex sci-fi game that wouldn't bestow any major threat. Boy was i wrong. Jump to spring 2018, and there I was buying the game with a bought $20 Steam gift card. The game's originally like $39.99 but I got it during the Alien:Isolation sale. I could have bought the DLC's that were also on sale but I didn't want to buy too much because I mainly bought the game to see if I would become intrigued. I wasn't into Alien, but I knew what the xenomorph was. The beginning of the game was something of a decent story. A ship of 5 sets out to find something they all seek, Amanda's being to get the nostromo flight recorder. On the way to retrieve the recorder, the people on board the 5 boarded ship (torrens) notice that the station (sevastopol) holding the recorder was damaged and so was the parking bay to park the torrens. Amanda, and two other comrades, Taylor, and Samuels head toward sevastopol in space but are separated onto the station after a huge explosion. Thus begins the game's true face of horror. The first few enemies are just standard humans and some small yet memorable run-ins with the alien and then robots, AND THEN come's the xenomorph's might of murder towards Amanda Ripley. That's what most of the rest of the game is:Amanda's attempt to find Samuels and Taylor while also attempting to escape the station as humans, droids (Working Joes), and above all the Xenomorph attempt to kill Ripley. But the people that made the AI and sound and feel production did the greatest at making the game a realistic horror. The fact that just one Alien can scare me so much makes so surprised and intrigued. The game even has throwbacks to the original Alien which I had to learn off of the internet. Thanks Internet! :)
    Also just a short little thing so you can see who hates who if you ever wonder.
    Enemy Survivors will fight against Working Joes, Allies, and the Xenomorph
    Allies will fight against Working Joes, Enemy Survivors, and the Xenomorph
    Working Joes will fight against Allies, and Enemy Survivors
    Xenomorph(s) will fight against Allies, and Enemy Survivors

***** S P O I L E R S*****

If you've never ever played or watched this game and you want to know what happens to each character, they all have pretty sad endings, but they're done so well that I always let them pass even though they're so sad.
  27. Oct 27, 2017
    If you want to be in an Alien Movie, this is the game for you.

Great graphics and superb asthetics (it captures flawlessly the looks of the movie). Superb atmosphere. Superb sound desing. Great gameplay. Good story. Great optimization.
  28. Jan 23, 2019
    Basically the best Alien game so far. An instant classic. You can notice the love for the franchise that people of Creative Assembly have on every detail across the game. Just play it now!
  29. Oct 26, 2019
    This game is soo good , even now 2019, I have a lot of fun playing this game. Words of respect and recognition for the studio that created this game. It's been a long time since I played such a great game. A game that to this day shines among the shoddy new productions that lack everything that makes the game great.
  30. Nov 18, 2019
    Alien game which we all waited for so long.
    One of the best survival/horror type of game I ever played.
    Very challenging with outstanding atmosphere and visuals.
  31. Nov 29, 2019
    This game is really amazing! I cannot believe it was not successful financially and won't be continued. One of the best I've ever played. The atmosphere if unbelievable!
  32. Jul 6, 2020
    Highly recommended, I have not been this scared while playing a game in a long time, it is definitely not for the faint of heart! For a game that came out in 2014, it looks visually stunning on the highest detail setting, which really helps with improving the atmosphere even further. It can get a bit frustrating at times when you have to repeat progress from the latest save point. IHighly recommended, I have not been this scared while playing a game in a long time, it is definitely not for the faint of heart! For a game that came out in 2014, it looks visually stunning on the highest detail setting, which really helps with improving the atmosphere even further. It can get a bit frustrating at times when you have to repeat progress from the latest save point. I decided to tune the difficulty down to medium after a while, which made it more enjoyable in this regard. I did not have a problem with the game length, it took me about 14 hours to finish with some optional content done, but not all. This might be a side effect of the medium difficulty. Also, I recommend giving the first two Alien movies a watch because it will make you appreciate all the little details in the game a lot more. Expand
  33. Jun 19, 2018
    Don't worry – it’s scary only until you quit :)
    . . . .
  34. Nov 24, 2019
    Playing this through for the first time now ... and I'm mighty impressed. The game looks stunning and faithfully captures the unmistakable look and style of Ridely Scott's seminal movie. The gameplay mechanics are simple but very thoughtfully designed and implemented. It's super slick! I can't recommend this enough to fans of sci-fi, horror and just damn good games.
  35. Mar 29, 2018
    Alien: isolation is one of the best game I ever played. Suggesting Creative Assembly in 2006 for doing this horror game was my great idea. They did magnificent job. If you want to compare it, you have to came back to Aliens vs Predator 2 from 2001. That was kind of scary too. I love the mechanics, graphics, but the very best here is atmosphere and terrifying monsters (even Angry Joes) orAlien: isolation is one of the best game I ever played. Suggesting Creative Assembly in 2006 for doing this horror game was my great idea. They did magnificent job. If you want to compare it, you have to came back to Aliens vs Predator 2 from 2001. That was kind of scary too. I love the mechanics, graphics, but the very best here is atmosphere and terrifying monsters (even Angry Joes) or rather one during the main part of the game. Play it on normal to survive. Hard is really hard. I would love to change only one thing, you cant hurt Alien, not talking about killing it. I do not understand it, but this is the only problem of the game. Next time, make something similar to AvP2 (2001) with much more possibilities and use the enviroment. I hope they will be given the opportunity to do this again! Creative Assembly you did not disappointed me! Thank you. Expand
  36. Jul 26, 2018
    Great game, visually extremely well done, with a scary atmosphere, and one of the best sound systems I ever experienced in a game. I played it on Linux, ported by Feral, and runs divinely.
    It just suffers from an important flaw: the save system must get revised. Sometimes you re-play the same subpart of a mission over and over and over, because you cannot progress until you got to the next save station. The game is so well done that it does not need to cheat by trying to raise the suspance just by preventing save games. Or it could do so more smartly, e.g. allowing save games more frequently with the time spent on a mission subpart.
  37. Aug 6, 2018
    This is a great game ! A must-buy if you love the survival horror genre. Great atmosphere, high tension, difficulty is challenging but not boring. The story is awesome and loyal to the original Alien fiction.
  38. Jan 23, 2016
    A well realised game adaptation of the original Alien film that does a good job at creating an atmosphere of desperation and vulnerability. The sound quality is impressive and the visuals look decent for the most part. Most players shouldn't run into any performance issues, and it doesn't take much to run this game at a smooth 60+ fps, which is a bonus.

In most scenarios, the gameplay

In most scenarios, the gameplay revolves around playing hide and seek with a plethora of neat gadgets at your disposal. Rewiring systems and weapons also add an additional layer of variety and tactics to the mix. The Alien itself is an intimidating enemy and one that brings about a lot of tension and paranoia, but I feel that encounters should've been less frequent to really extend the anticipatory anxiety and suspense. I also think that the game is too generous with resources. More often than not, I was fully stocked on all my gadgets. Running out of ammunition, medkits and batteries turned out to be the least of my worries. In a sense, this lessens the 'survival' aspect of the game and the resultant tension associated with it.

The game is generally well paced as well. I was glad to see that the game was sometimes willing to give a break with the Alien for a moment and introduce segments more focused on storytelling and character interact6ions. There were even a couple missions that seemed to focus more on combating androids rather than stealth. While this might disappoint some players, I thought it was a nice change of pace from the standard hide and seek gameplay mechanics. The exception to this are the last few missions of the game where objectives became a bit repetitive and tedious, with much backtracking and padding of the game length. I think Alien Isolation would've benefited from being a little shorter as it did overstay its welcome somewhat.

Overall rating - 8.1/10
  39. Aug 24, 2021
    A Great game. Great atmosphere. Great Graphic. Great performance. Great gameplay. the story is good but the problem is the disappointing ending. the other problem is the length of the gameplay. It is too long. About 15 hours.
  40. Jan 21, 2015
    I'm a big fan of stealth going all the way back to Thief , Splinter Cell, Hitman, System Shock2, and my first game, Deus Ex. So AI is obviously going to be right my alley, and it is. It is also probably the most difficult stealth game to date, it will test your abilities to remain calm and push your patience levels to maximum. You are going to meet death many times!

Many of you are

Many of you are intrigued by the title, we all loved the movie, but gameplay is definitely love it or leave it. There is no in between, hence the negative reviews. Also you are pretty much forced into a 'no kill' run, which probably isn't going over well with the twitchy trigger fingers. Admittedly I would have preferred a no kill option I like to shoot stuff too, but I think developers were focused on suspense and it does work well. I'm still going to dock it a point for the reason, and walking( not running) grates on you after a while.

Overall, a stunning immersive experience. Graphics may look a little dated but it runs smooth, there is good detail, and very cool lighting effects.
  41. Dec 1, 2014
    This game is a fantastic single player game with a story line familiar, the Alien movie which captivates you to be excited to play on as it is quite long and entertaining. The game is moderately difficult in a unique way where it certainly requires more analysis and awareness in stealth methods of getting from point A to point B compared to the typical run and shoot method. There is aThis game is a fantastic single player game with a story line familiar, the Alien movie which captivates you to be excited to play on as it is quite long and entertaining. The game is moderately difficult in a unique way where it certainly requires more analysis and awareness in stealth methods of getting from point A to point B compared to the typical run and shoot method. There is a learning curve where growing some balls and moving onto the next objective is required. You may feel a bit tense or strung up during game play but that indicates a positive sign that you are entertained. Not playing at night times or giving yourself a few days to mentally stabilize yourself may occur.
    This game is long but not RPG long so its well with the $$$ and there is re-playability in terms of beating the game again just to see how better you do your second time around.

Graphics are also great/optimized. Does not seem to be taxing on system hardware when it runs. Sound quality is great, music cues perfectly during game play.
  42. Jan 7, 2015
    Alien Isolation is a beautiful and thrilling experience. The developers did a fantastic job at emulating Ridley Scott's original masterpiece film. This game is a survival horror not a FPS, and the use of different tools and environment interactions can make or break your survival! This game at times will be frustrating, unbelievably tense and will require you at times hit the TAB button toAlien Isolation is a beautiful and thrilling experience. The developers did a fantastic job at emulating Ridley Scott's original masterpiece film. This game is a survival horror not a FPS, and the use of different tools and environment interactions can make or break your survival! This game at times will be frustrating, unbelievably tense and will require you at times hit the TAB button to plan out your next move! Expand
  43. Apr 2, 2018
    An amazing game which is the true definition of "Survival Horror" by all means!
    An amazing game which is the true definition of "Survival Horror" by all means!
    First thing that strikes you right in your face is its terrifying atmosphere. Fear in this game is not just about jump scares or even Alien by itself. The sense of surviving with great help of amazing sound effects and great musics and its bizarre level design all together have created something like nightmare that gradually rises the fear level inside your mind until the atmosphere single-handedly scares you to the bones while there is no one even around! Now add immortal Alien and other enemies that they just want to kill you ... well, there is no rest in this game. Fear and exhaustion all the way through.
    The story line and gameplay are also amazing that even through the long gameplay time you don't feel bored.
    An unknown jewel if you ask me!
  44. Oct 9, 2015
    I'm not sure I can heap enough praise on this game - it is an absolute masterpiece.

From the outset it's obvious that the production standards are set at a lofty height. The art (both visual and audio), is fantastic, and are intimately faithful to the original Alien film. The atmosphere is crafted to perfection - no cheap jumpscares here. The constant threat of the Xeno produces a level of fear and tension I've never experienced in a game before.

If you're part of the ADD twitchy FPS generation, this game is not for you. Prepare to spend a lot of time crouch walking, scavenging for supplies, and hiding in lockers (!!). The story is not deeply engrossing, but the hark back to the Alien universe of old makes for a memorable experience. In an age where the multiplayer component of a game is often the core focus, Alien Isolation really nails the campaign.

From a mechanical standpoint, this game is well-built. I am playing at 2560x1080 with all settings maxed on a pretty old rig (Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, but with a newer Radeon R9 380 4GB). I get a near constant 60fps, which is stellar. I would say that the AA algorithms are not great, as there are still visible jaggies with settings maxed. I also encountered a few ♥♥♥♥ling bugs, but these were usually solved by reloading or restarting the game.

After the disappointment of Aliens: Colonial Marines, and AVP (2010), this game was barely on my radar. To say that I am pleasantly surprised by it would be the understatement of the century. I think Alien Isolation has earned a spot on my list of all-time favourite games. I highly recommend that you play this game...

You'll never look at a ceiling vent in the same way again...
  45. Mar 26, 2016
    A great game. Nothing else to say.. Okay, I will try to tell you more..

I'm not a fan of horror games as I'm not able to play such games. But this one caught my attention. The graphics is absolutely insane! The lightning looks great as well. It has one of the best game optimizations I've ever seen. Even on my old PC I was able to play it on ultra settings and it looked fantastic! How
    A great game. Nothing else to say.. Okay, I will try to tell you more..

How scary is it? Well, I alt+f4'd a few times. It is INDEED very scary. I couldn't play more than 2 hours per session as this game is very stressful. The sounds, the atmosphere, the Alien, the Androids and more! I also loved the retro style. The UI and computers in game this design.

Gameplay. Great... until the flamethrower part. I understand that at some point it'd be boring to hide all the time but flamethrower is too overpowered in my opinion and it ruined the other half of the game. You aren't afraid of the alien with such weapons, you can just scare it. But I loved other equipment such as noisemakers and EMP mines.

So, let's sum it up.

Is it scary? - Absolutely. - 10/10
    Gameplay - Gets a bit repetitive closer to the end - 7/10
    Environment - It looks like you're really in the Nostromo - 10/10
    Graphics - Beatiful - 10/10
    Sound - This is probably the scariest aspect of this game lol - 10/10
    TOTAL SCORE: 9/10
  46. Jul 3, 2016
    This is a well-crafted game taking place in a beautifully rendered space station - Sevastopol. The meticulously detailed graphics make you feel fully immersed, the atmosphere is tense and lonely, the soundtrack is superb. The complaints others have made are valid: the alien AI is not unpredictable but rather artificial, always staying at your side. The inability to do key binding madeThis is a well-crafted game taking place in a beautifully rendered space station - Sevastopol. The meticulously detailed graphics make you feel fully immersed, the atmosphere is tense and lonely, the soundtrack is superb. The complaints others have made are valid: the alien AI is not unpredictable but rather artificial, always staying at your side. The inability to do key binding made game-play awkward and frustrating due to failure to find the right keys under stressful situations: I know I want to move over there and do x-y-z NOW, but I'm hitting the wrong keys! Ooops DEAD!
    Still there are times when you can explore and loot, simply by keeping moving.
    I'm not a fan of survival horror, preferring to have the ability to bring heavy firepower on the enemy. Who wants to be helpless? The alien will cringe when you aim the flamethrower at it, but that cannot be used to maneuver about a room and back away toward your objective, as it always closes the distance even though it should know a blast of flame will be forthcoming. In a way the alien is stupid, preferring to stalk and attack you, rather than flee a proverbial burning building. I don't think marauding insects are even that stupid.
    Still the great elements outweigh the weaknesses of this game, making it highly recommended.
  47. Mar 7, 2016
    Well, this is a good game. When the game is on, this is terror in it's purest form, trying to hide from the alien knowing he's smelling you, trying to cut corners with him, hearing him slithering through the tunnels above or below you and not knowing when he will appear again just next to you... And it's not just the alien, the synthetic also going crazy at you slowly approaching towardsWell, this is a good game. When the game is on, this is terror in it's purest form, trying to hide from the alien knowing he's smelling you, trying to cut corners with him, hearing him slithering through the tunnels above or below you and not knowing when he will appear again just next to you... And it's not just the alien, the synthetic also going crazy at you slowly approaching towards you and following you all around, and then even the humans shooting you every time they have the chance to... it's really an experience that has to be lived, it's definetely recommended. The problem with the game and that makes it a bit boring sometimes is that those situations do not occur as often as they should. Between those situations there's a lot of walking/crouching pressing "E" on several things without really any thing happening, and there are way too many saving points, I think knowing that you can die any time when you haven't saved for a long time makes it even more thrilling, but before almost every "dangerous" situation you always get the chance to save game giving you the sensation that you are safe, something that should never happen in a survival horror. Expand
  48. Apr 12, 2016
    Es uno de los mejores juegos a los que e jugado en años me a recordado a el Alien Resurrection de la Play 1 ya que te mantiene continuamente con el miedo en el cuerpo, si te gusta Alien este juego te va a alucinar.
    PD: Juégalo a oscuras y con cascos.
  49. Jan 6, 2019
    This game has problems, like any other one, but back in 2014 the survival horror genre was lost in the wind, this came after P.T but it was in development long before. I really think this games deserves as much credit as pt gets. The horror in this game is present and the whole atmosphere SCREAMS (no pun intended) the first ridley scott movie. Maybe the Alien A.i is op at times and theThis game has problems, like any other one, but back in 2014 the survival horror genre was lost in the wind, this came after P.T but it was in development long before. I really think this games deserves as much credit as pt gets. The horror in this game is present and the whole atmosphere SCREAMS (no pun intended) the first ridley scott movie. Maybe the Alien A.i is op at times and the game feels padded towards the end but this is still to me one of the best in the genre. Expand
  50. Jul 12, 2016
    This game looks great, plays great and sounds great. It immerses you into the world. I played it on hard, which I usually don't do, but I had a good experience anyways. My only complaint is the length, but I was smart enough to play it in portions and not try to beat it in a few sittings. Still, talking economically, a longer game is just more for the buck, so why complain? By the way, itThis game looks great, plays great and sounds great. It immerses you into the world. I played it on hard, which I usually don't do, but I had a good experience anyways. My only complaint is the length, but I was smart enough to play it in portions and not try to beat it in a few sittings. Still, talking economically, a longer game is just more for the buck, so why complain? By the way, it will scare you and I still rememeber the first time the Alien got me. That just shows how scared I was... Expand
  51. May 23, 2018
    Thanks to this game, I gave the first film - ALIEN 1979 - a chance to make it to the top of my list. The game surprises me with its faithful staging, level design, and sound section. They highlight the moments in which the alien harasses us in any space, they are overwhelming! As for the script, it becomes long and repetitive, making the work of an errand boy after 2 hours of play. AI isThanks to this game, I gave the first film - ALIEN 1979 - a chance to make it to the top of my list. The game surprises me with its faithful staging, level design, and sound section. They highlight the moments in which the alien harasses us in any space, they are overwhelming! As for the script, it becomes long and repetitive, making the work of an errand boy after 2 hours of play. AI is sometimes unfair or random but does not hurt the experience much. Nothing that can't be solved with planning. Give it a try if you're a fan of the saga. Recommended! Expand
  52. Mar 17, 2017
    In my opinion. Game Of The Year 2014! :)

Pros: - In all gameplay areas is on a good level of quality (Stealth improving the feeling from games like Outlast, very subtle but tense action, the crafting system similar to games likes The Last of Us and the backtracking, wich is not boring at all). - The game lenght (19 missions = almost "26 hours in Survivor" mode) - You get some weapons
    In my opinion. Game Of The Year 2014! :)

Pros:
    - The game lenght (19 missions = almost "26 hours in Survivor" mode)
    - You get some weapons but you're not overpowered at all.
    - The distribution of enemies and kind of moments during the playthrough. You're always anticipating what's next to deal and getting your mind prepared for a different approach.
    - Is related to the Alien (1979) xeno-universe.
    - A very optimized in-house engine by the people of The Creative Assembly. Is not perfect but I think it makes a great role on all platforms (including last gen). In this PC version DOF, radiosity, ambient occlusion and SSS nice. Particles sprites and bakes looks really nice. Every room or moments deserves an screenshot.
    - The art, the layout they took from original Nostromo and the lighting and feeling of environments. Is not that oppened but is a little step from other too linear games.
    - Sound design, folley and the London Philharmonic Orchestra.
    - Related with the folley, the Alien AI is most of the time interesting and feels different each time.
    - The variety of mini puzzles
    - The scary door haha!
    - SPOILER: The Nest!
    - Amanda Ripley's voice acting
    - Play it with DualShock 4 was great. Most of the actions feels better like the DOF control with one trigger and watching on the corners.
    - And of course. The hardest mode. I almost go back to normal but finally I beat the game slowly. It's very rewarding.

Cons:
    - I wish we could see more NPC's and side quest during the game.
    - Some little pop-up assets between a final and a low poly mesh.
    - The in-house engine works great but Nostromo outside looks bad.
    - Some rigged characters looks robotic.
    - The FMV use in some parts of the game.
    - The face hugger death animation ¬¬ (the cheapest animation in 2014)
    - SPOILER: Samuels artificial life end's too soon :(
    - We have to wait for a second part ;)

Recommendations:
    - Use good headsets ;)
    - Use Dualshock 4 or an Xbox Controller (is not an FPS)
    - DON'T EVER RUN!
    - Learn to craft wisely...some items are not that usefull if you're in a humans / alien / working joe's area.
    - RUN! Against working joes if you get discovered use an EMP Mine or an Stunt Baston and just run! (I don't know how difficult is to kill one in normal but in the "Survival" is a pain the A*s).
    - Flares can be useful. And there's a lot of them.
    - Enjoy the tapes ;) (all of them!)
    - Enjoy the music boomboxes like you enjoyed the rest room in Resident Evil games haha!
    - Keep moving. AI (most of the time) don't let you be that passive.

Alien Isolation es a great game that we didn't expect after the fiasco of Colonial Marines. It's great that games like Amnesia, Outlast or others are creating a new tendence of survival or at least horror games. In my personal opinion Alien Isolation is really refreshing for the AAA consumers ;) A game that should 100% be played to all sci-fi lovers ;)
  53. Apr 7, 2017
    Super scary! A haunting atmosphere, fantastic sound and awesome graphics that will make you sit at the edge of your seat. Great alien AI makes the enemy unpredictable and the lack of a quick save system really get's your blood pumping as you desperately try to survive long enough to make it to the next save point. The game is really interesting from a psychological standpoint too - you seeSuper scary! A haunting atmosphere, fantastic sound and awesome graphics that will make you sit at the edge of your seat. Great alien AI makes the enemy unpredictable and the lack of a quick save system really get's your blood pumping as you desperately try to survive long enough to make it to the next save point. The game is really interesting from a psychological standpoint too - you see civilization decaying into chaos as the disaster gets more and more desperate, and all that's left is the survival instinct. An incredible immersive game! I highly recommend it. Expand
  54. May 27, 2017
    it a Very fun and Intense game, a masterpiece for alien lovers. Great graphics and story telling, outstanding sound effects and voice acting. a solid 9/10 for me
  55. May 22, 2020
    a masterpiece. Alien isolation is one the best games ever made and i hope we'll get a sequel someday
  56. Jul 20, 2018
    Alien: Isolation is the best adaptation of movie in videogame form ever made. It captures atmosphere and visuals of Ridley Scott's Alien perfectly. Retrofuturistic giant spaceship with gloomy corridors and labyrinth of vents, loose apex predator tracing your every step and heartless corporation that is even worse than Alien.

The game itself can be split into two parts: first part that

The game itself can be split into two parts: first part that lasts approx. 8-10 hours and is absolutely brilliant, and the second one which is infinitely worse. I think 10 hours is the limit for a horror title overall, nothing can be scary for more than 10 hours) There are few good moments in those last several hours of the game, but overall they are completely uninteresting.

Still i think that amazing first part of Alien: Isolation is too good to skip that game.
  57. Apr 3, 2018
    Отлично! Лучшая игра в жанре "Хоррор" лично для меня. Надеюсь на продолжение, если появится, куплю обязательно!
  58. Mar 22, 2020
    хочется иногда вернуться и обосраться. жду продолжение
  59. Sep 12, 2018
    this game man... almost a masterpiece.

full of atmosphere and it is the closest thing to the 1979 classic "Alien" (video game or movie), the alien A.I is not your typical A.I that has a certain path he walks to and back, no. here he does whatever he wants and that creates such tension and immersion that is unmatched in the Horror video game genre. you feel helpless. gameplay is
    this game man... almost a masterpiece.

gameplay is unique cause you cannot Kill the Alien. only scare it off. so instead it relies heavily on stealth which is awesome

the Story is great, Voice acting is really top notch, now why is it "almost a masterpiece" you ask? it has 1 set back. pacing. midway through the game the focus shifts to something else (which i liked) but it drags a tiny bit with it.
  60. May 10, 2018
    В целом именно такого перезапуска и хотелось.
    Это оригинальная идея серии кинофильмов, в ней был скрыт смысл атмосферы, которая рассеялась в шутерах по Чужому.
    Есть претензии к некой заскриптованости ИИ, ведь обещали непредсказуемую тварь, но морф все равно напрягает и расслабится не дает. Покупка себя оправдала на все сто.
    В целом именно такого перезапуска и хотелось.
    Покупка себя оправдала на все сто.
  61. Aug 12, 2018
    Alien: Isolation is an extremely gripping and atmospheric game that also has a satisfying, solid story to back it up. The Alien franchise is a perfect franchise to make a survival horror game out of and Creative Assembly has shown that to be true. When compared to Aliens: Colonial Marines, this game is a true palate cleanser.
  62. Oct 27, 2019
    Очень хорошо визуально, великолепно в части звука, для фанатов фильмов - просто обняться и плакать от счастья. Технически работает идеально, сюжет - ожидаемый, но хороший. Чужой пугает, очень пугает. Загадки логичные, враги представляют опасность, про чужого вообще молчу. Обязательно к покупке всем. И хоть игра и не чистый хоррор, но за счет звука, свойств врагов - ночью играть не советую,Очень хорошо визуально, великолепно в части звука, для фанатов фильмов - просто обняться и плакать от счастья. Технически работает идеально, сюжет - ожидаемый, но хороший. Чужой пугает, очень пугает. Загадки логичные, враги представляют опасность, про чужого вообще молчу. Обязательно к покупке всем. И хоть игра и не чистый хоррор, но за счет звука, свойств врагов - ночью играть не советую, игра дико атмосферная, ужаса нагонит полные штаны Expand
  63. Apr 28, 2020
    GREAT GAME
    Just great....
    Everyone should try this game to have an unforgettable experience.
  64. Nov 25, 2018
    Here is a terror game that I´ve never seen before ! Great game and one of my favorites.
  65. Mar 12, 2020
    This game is really atmospheric. I liked the exciting and scary moments of this game. I played the main story and all DLCs of this game. I strongly advise it. 38hrs on record.
  66. Mar 24, 2020
    One of the best games in the "Alien" franchise. The atmosphere is great, music is fricking unnerving, story and gameplay are... WOW, but there were some glitches Also I found a glitch on Survivor Mode [Only on Xbox 360, yea I have two same games on the different platforms] that if you went to vent with escaping Xenomorph, it would kill you without death animation [It was LAGGY], butOne of the best games in the "Alien" franchise. The atmosphere is great, music is fricking unnerving, story and gameplay are... WOW, but there were some glitches Also I found a glitch on Survivor Mode [Only on Xbox 360, yea I have two same games on the different platforms] that if you went to vent with escaping Xenomorph, it would kill you without death animation [It was LAGGY], but instead of being dead, you still alive. Overall this is a great survival-horror game. Expand
  67. Jul 11, 2020
    Самая лучшая и жаль что последняя часть моей любимой вселенной. Очень качественно проработали сюжет, звук, освещение, геймлей вообще за гранью понимания как для игры 2014 года, смотрится просто офигительно даже в 2020 и это тот случай, когда графика игры будет наверное еще лет 20 хорошей. В этой игре про ксеноморфов идеально все, ну кроме моментов ,если вы не любите по стелсу проходить, аСамая лучшая и жаль что последняя часть моей любимой вселенной. Очень качественно проработали сюжет, звук, освещение, геймлей вообще за гранью понимания как для игры 2014 года, смотрится просто офигительно даже в 2020 и это тот случай, когда графика игры будет наверное еще лет 20 хорошей. В этой игре про ксеноморфов идеально все, ну кроме моментов ,если вы не любите по стелсу проходить, а игра отбирает у вас оружие, прошел и так и так, получил кучю эмоций, всем советую, а за скидку в 95% разработчикам спасибо, не что бы я без нее не купил, но это все равно очень приятно. Expand
  68. Apr 15, 2020
    Не помню игр страшнее. Готовьтесь отложить кирпичную фабрику. А еще все очень стильно оформлено.
  69. Feb 11, 2020
    Its such an amazing game on its own and for the fans of Alien even more. But it has a lot of backtracking and the android levels are meh.
  70. Apr 30, 2020
    Surprisingly well done survival horror game, very faithful to the source material and it stays very consistent, apart from some repetitive objectives midway through the journey, definitely recommended to alien fans and all horror game fans.
  71. Apr 8, 2020
    El mejor juego de la saga Alien que he jugado en mi vida. Una obra maestra imprescindible para los amantes de la saga.

- Graficamente se ve espectacular, la adaptación artística de las películas es increiblemente fiel y además, el juego funciona de maravilla incluso en sistemas poco potentes. Perfecto. - El apartado sonoro también es extraordinario, no solo es muy bueno, sino que

- El apartado sonoro también es extraordinario, no solo es muy bueno, sino que además conserva y adapta la banda sonora de las peliculas. Un trabajo Excelente.
    - La historia es realmente excelente, podría pasar perfectamente como un guíon de una película de Hollywood y funcionar como película canónica de la saga. Sus personajes son creibles y desarrollados, la trama y el desarrollo de la história te atrapa y es muy inmersiva. Perfecto.
    - La jugabilidad será el punto que quizá no guste a todo el mundo. Este juego es un Survival Horror, no un juego de acción y disparos. La jugabilidad esta basada en el sigilo y en pasar desapercibido de los enemigos, lo cual crea un elemento de tensión que le viene estupendo al juego. Para mi gusto es excelente.

Sin ninguna duda, Creative Assembly y Sega han hecho un trabajo excelente con este juego, ojalá saquen una secuela con el nivel de calidad que ha tenido esta entrega.
  72. Apr 20, 2020
    What can someone tell about this game?? It is absolutely FANTASTIC!!!! I play games from 7 years old....from C64,Amiga,Spectrum,Amstrad etc.....this is definitely the best game I have ever played!! The atmosphere, the suspence, the music, the graphics, the AI of the Alien, everything!!! And it a very long and satisfying game!!! Please Creative Assembly, bring on Alien Isolation 2!!!
  73. May 27, 2020
    awesome game- great game - amazing game - so scary - i bet u if u can play it with sounds
  74. Jul 24, 2020
    this is how an 'alien' game should be. Creative Assembly did a great job with this game. Hoping that they develop more 'Alien' game in the future.
  75. Oct 24, 2020
    This is definitely the scariest game i have ever played. The environment, the graphics, the sound effects, the lightening everything is done to perfection. The alien AI is absolutely mind blowing abeit unsettling. Being a fan of alien franchise it is such a joy to see how impeccably this game manages to capture the whole aesthetics of it. This is without a doubt one of the best horror gameThis is definitely the scariest game i have ever played. The environment, the graphics, the sound effects, the lightening everything is done to perfection. The alien AI is absolutely mind blowing abeit unsettling. Being a fan of alien franchise it is such a joy to see how impeccably this game manages to capture the whole aesthetics of it. This is without a doubt one of the best horror game ever made. Expand
  76. Oct 26, 2014
    Amazing. Never enjoyed a game as much just hiding in a locker doing my thing, looking at people's holiday snaps and post-it notes of things they never got to do. SO GOOD!
  77. Nov 8, 2014
    This game is not perfect, but it really, really brushes up against it. In some areas, it can be so frustrating that it makes you want to eat your own keyboard, the game is a touch long, and the tension really needs to have a little more juxtaposition with relaxed, safe spots to explore.

For the good: the game is scary as hell. Anyone who says it's easy, the alien is easily outsmarted, etc. is lying and just trying to be an obnoxious contrarian. Anyone who says the alien on two feet isn't immersive is also wrong. The alien is smart, it's omniscience as a constant threat from above or below even when it's not on the same floor creates a wonderful atmosphere, and it can be tricked into eating your fellow man when needed, or you can just sprint by the other suckers and the alien will just decide on the closer brains to munch. It walks with a sense of security. Sure, it makes sense for it to be sneaky when it wants to be, but that's precisely what it has, absolute control. It doesn't NEED to sneak around munching heads because it's an apex predator. It moves with purpose and is absolutely unnerving to watch thump along, not giving a damn about anything around it, held against slithering, meaningful motions when it's stalking someone. It's not full of jump scares and grotesquery like dead space (a game I do like), it's got this feeling of oppression weighing down on you, not knowing what action or sound is going to bring the xenomorph out.

The crafting is worked well into the game, giving you multiple options without overloading you with a bunch of items. This works out into giving you a resource pool with multiple outlets and letting you choose what you want to do with it, instead of giving you items themselves, forcing you to follow a certain method. This builds on the almost roguelike-nature of the gameplay.

There are only two bad points that REALLY slam the game down at times.

Firstly, the alien's AI is off at times. If it does decide to show up, and you happen to be in one of the hallway-type areas, you're going to be in for an obnoxious time. The alien doesn't patrol hallways well enough, it always sticks within a certain distance of you and never seems to pop back up into the vents. This leads to scenarios where you're hiding in a cupboard with your motion tracker up, and as the alien walks away, as soon as you hear it disappearing, you pop out only to see it having turned around and looking right out at your big stupid face. The best way to deal with it in hallway scenarios is to just nail the bugger with a molotov and make him piss off back to the vents for a few seconds.

Secondly, the save system is obnoxious as hell. It's a neat little idea, but the problem with no quicksaves is that it punishes exploration in areas where there aren't many save points. I had a recurring problem where I'd run out into a big new area and 5-10 minutes of exploring, sneaking past the alien, distracting him into enemies and watching with glee as he chomped their brains out, only to just get killed before finding the save station and having to redo the whole thing over. So the best method for the game is to just sprint from save point until you find the next save point, tanking deaths, until you know where it is, and THEN do a sneaky stealth attempt where you try to be clever. it's inorganic and retarded. Quicksaving would really solve all of the problems with the alien's occasionally dodgy AI and arbitrary punishment of time.

Overall, I'd give the game an 8.5 (rounding up to 9.) the two flaws and lack of easing off the tension knob (the game really turns it up to 11, breaks off the knob and then sets it on fire. I don't count it as a negative because it's really just a personal thing) lead to me getting just exhausted while playing after a few hours, instead of hitting the sweet spot of keeping me in the zone nonstop. I had fun with it, it's VERY replayable, even if you know the plot, the game will never play the same way twice, and you'll get more than your money's worth if you're a fan of horror or alien. It's definitely the best sci-fi horror game out there (and system shock doesn't count because you can fight back) so definitely give it a look.
  78. Oct 26, 2014
    Alien: Isolation is a true representation of Ridley Scott's masterpiece in video game form, but there are more then a few instances where this beautiful piece of nostalgia struggles to find its own path into the canon of the Alien franchise, the fact that the storyline mirrors the original in so many aspects of its storytelling feels a bit odd but still manages to present those moments inAlien: Isolation is a true representation of Ridley Scott's masterpiece in video game form, but there are more then a few instances where this beautiful piece of nostalgia struggles to find its own path into the canon of the Alien franchise, the fact that the storyline mirrors the original in so many aspects of its storytelling feels a bit odd but still manages to present those moments in a fun, more exciting way. Game play on the other hand is where the game truly stands out, smooth controls that mostly feel natural, the addition of mini-games that don't steer too far off the engaging and tense atmosphere and both Alien and android AI, when combined make for a unique survival horror experience. Expand
  79. Jan 22, 2022
    Truly a masterpiece. From storyline to fidelity to the first alien movie. I've never been a fan of stealth-type games, but this one blows me out of the water and made me play three times so far. Everything from audio to music, alien AI and mechanics feel really polished and triple-A.

Ps: don't trust IGN reviews.
  80. Jul 18, 2020
    A great survival horror. The atmosphere of the game is outstanding, and game play is challenging yet fun. Well worth playing for fans of atmospheric and haunting games. Only frustrating at times was the save system but you can get past that.
  81. Jun 28, 2021
    Amazing game. Isolation sits on the same high level as Survival horror greats such as Sillent Hill , Resident Evil and Fatal Frame..The Atmospere , progression, combat, everything is perfect as a modern survival horror. Even the highly sucsessful RE 7 and RE8 games borrowed heavily from the formula Alien Isolation invented.
  82. Nov 4, 2014
    An absolutely stunning game, visually and sound-wise. AI also features fantastic gameplay which is as different as it gets with the emphasis on being hunted (by some terrifying AI) rather than being the hunter. Unlike some players I found the length ideal... top game of 2014 IMHO :)
  83. Jul 17, 2015
    I played through STALKER relatively unscathed and horror movies/games in general don't really get to me, but this game is something else. I think it's mainly because you have bad weapons, few resources and you're better off avoiding fights. The atmosphere (graphics, sound, level design) is outstanding and it creates a tension I haven't seen in other games.
    The one thing I don't like are
    The one thing I don't like are the fixed save points. I know it's to increase the immersion, but I hate losing progress.

One tip: When you switch on the power, it opens doors for the alien to attack you. When you leave it off, the alien sneaks up behind you in the dark. Either way, you're screwed.

If you don't see any more reviews from me, I died from a heart attack playing this game.
  84. Dec 28, 2020
    I stopped playing Cyberbug 2077 and started playing Alien Isolation when i got it for free from Epic Games Store and i haven't stopped playing till now. This is how games should be, sega should give lessons to neoobs of how game making works. And I'm not even an Alien movies fan.
  85. Nov 3, 2020
    After several years in my library, I was brave enough to finished this game... lol. Had tried sometimes in the past but the slow pace and not being able to kill the creature (Dead Space fan here...lol) kept me away, I regret that now. But in 2020 with the all "lockdown thing" I decided to give it a try again end was not dissapointed. Being SO MUCH fan of 1978 movie I'm so glad aboutAfter several years in my library, I was brave enough to finished this game... lol. Had tried sometimes in the past but the slow pace and not being able to kill the creature (Dead Space fan here...lol) kept me away, I regret that now. But in 2020 with the all "lockdown thing" I decided to give it a try again end was not dissapointed. Being SO MUCH fan of 1978 movie I'm so glad about finishe it, and all love and detais that they put in this game. After all, something I want highlight, I'm a "hear guy", and sound design of this game is amazing and terrifing. Lighting effects is amazing as well. My opinion: Overall 8.8 Expand
  86. Oct 22, 2018
    +Superb use of the license
    +Excellent 'metroidvania' level design
    +Fantastic soundscape / use of licensed soundtrack
    +Great depth of content
    +Story is surprisingly well told for a licensed game
    -Much repetition found in puzzles
    -Alien 'ai' follows you too closely at times breaking the illusion (of it having free roam of a gigantic spacestation)
  87. Dec 21, 2014
    The game is at first look really amazing, but later there are some repeating situations, repeating sounds, repeating environments and places, where you can (even) get stuck for a very long time, so, the game is in the end boring and repeating. That is a pity, becausy the game could be really awsome. That is the reason, I rate it 7/10. Pity...
  88. Dec 16, 2014
    I have seen the movie many times (I even fired it up again the other day after playing this) and can say that Alien: Isolation almost perfectly captures the mood of that classic. So many of the details from the Nostromo are present on Sevastopol station, like the dipping birds, the cassette-playing boom boxes, the style of the rooms and bulkheads, the 70s era low tech look and feel toI have seen the movie many times (I even fired it up again the other day after playing this) and can say that Alien: Isolation almost perfectly captures the mood of that classic. So many of the details from the Nostromo are present on Sevastopol station, like the dipping birds, the cassette-playing boom boxes, the style of the rooms and bulkheads, the 70s era low tech look and feel to everything. You even get to visit the iconic alien derelict ship in the game via a flashback. Cool! But the most important thing it captures is the feeling of dread, the anticipation of death around every corner. The alien is terrifying, but you are most afraid when you don't even see it, just hear it stalking the halls or scuttling around in the air ducts.

Alien: Isolation features a simple but suspenseful story, fleshed out by logs, radio communications, and a few direct interactions with other survivors on the station. The length and pacing of the game is excellent, there is never a dull moment. The manual save system that I was worried about is actually implemented very well, and I like how they incorporated the save stations into the game world so organically.

Visually, the environments are wonderfully detailed, believably authentic, and sometimes spectacular. I was disappointed in the character animations, however, which looked more like something from five years ago, and the dialogue was not always synced up well with the mouth movements. I hope CA focuses on this more if they do a sequel.

My only real criticism of the gameplay is with the last thirty minutes or so. Without giving anything away, after a certain significant event happens to your character, the gameplay suddenly changes from a stealth/survival game to a consoley/XBox linear action game with cut scenes and a final scene that is a god-awful quick time event. For a game built on the dynamic of completing your objectives while using your wits and limited resources to avoid detection by the alien and other human and android enemies, to end with you mashing keys when prompted was a real letdown. This game would have earned a 10/10 if it had a worthy finish that had you utilize the skills that got you through the first 97 percent of it.
  89. Nov 12, 2014
    I just finished the game after 24 hours of playtime (according to steam). It's just great. It's the Alien game fans have always wanted. It IS a single player linear game so it won't keep you busy long, but it's an experience you'll compare horror games to for the rest of your life. I haven't tried the DLC yet. A few people say the AI sucks, but I was too absorbed in the experience toI just finished the game after 24 hours of playtime (according to steam). It's just great. It's the Alien game fans have always wanted. It IS a single player linear game so it won't keep you busy long, but it's an experience you'll compare horror games to for the rest of your life. I haven't tried the DLC yet. A few people say the AI sucks, but I was too absorbed in the experience to notice. Once I figured out how to hide in a locker correctly (meaning don't hold your breath or lean back until prompted) I ran out of complaints. Way to go Sega, don't lose the momentum. Expand
  90. Oct 20, 2014
    Absolutely a tremendously intriguing and engrossing game. It really brings you into the world of the Alien franchise. Excellent graphics and a really enticing gameplay. Level design is top notch. Pace of the game is also brilliant. I recommend this game big time.
  91. Oct 22, 2014
    Greatness survivor-horror for all times. This. THIS! await long time ago and game is f'n awesome. Not masterpiece, but great game in best tradition of "Alien" by Scott and Giger.
  92. Oct 29, 2014
    I'm playing this game on all max seetings at 1440P and all I can say is: "Wow." The setting, lighting and the sound! Oh, the sound! 7.1 headphones with this game cranked up and you'll never think of a survival game the same way again.

I'm definitely getting my money's worth taking the game slow and putting myself in Ripley's shoes. My only criticism is that I was very misled by the

My only criticism is that I was very misled by the difficulty descriptions. They pretty much state that hard mode is the way it was meant to be played. Really it just breaks the immersion due to how often you'll die over and over. It's almost as if the Alien has inserted a radio-beacon probe straight up Ripley's ass leading to sometimes just absurd instances of the Alien magically coming across the map to the most random locker in the most secure room you could find just to face rape you 10 times over unless you just say screw it and run for the exit.

Otherwise... fun =)
  93. Oct 19, 2014
    I love it. This game is probably the most tense game I have ever played (Minus outlast). This game follows Amanda Ripley on a quest to discover the fate of her mother, Ellen Ripley. The game takes a while to finally introduce the Alien, but when it shows up, you are in for a treat. The alien AI is absolutely amazing. You have NO idea where the alien will show up, and when, making youI love it. This game is probably the most tense game I have ever played (Minus outlast). This game follows Amanda Ripley on a quest to discover the fate of her mother, Ellen Ripley. The game takes a while to finally introduce the Alien, but when it shows up, you are in for a treat. The alien AI is absolutely amazing. You have NO idea where the alien will show up, and when, making you improvise and craft tools like noisemakers to distract the alien. The alien kills you immediately after it catches you, and the alien is faster than you, so one mess up and you are done for. The alien "OP" is what many people are whining about, how the game is too hard or unfair. BS. The game is designed to give you the feeling of dread, and if the game is too easy, it defeats the whole purpose. The graphics are top notch, everything made to exquisite detail. The only gripe I have is the characters we meet early, the girl we have to save. I could really care less, especially when a 8 foot murder machine wants my blood. Overall Alien Isolation is a 9/10. Expand
  94. Oct 29, 2014
    Best played in the dark. Alien Isolation is the first real game of the alien genre that captures all the fear and tension of the original movie. This is a stealth game and those hoping to run around shooting and reloading, this is not for you.Graphically it looks beautiful and the AI alien is cunning, devious and will send you running under tables or lockers for protection, although thisBest played in the dark. Alien Isolation is the first real game of the alien genre that captures all the fear and tension of the original movie. This is a stealth game and those hoping to run around shooting and reloading, this is not for you.Graphically it looks beautiful and the AI alien is cunning, devious and will send you running under tables or lockers for protection, although this will not always save you. Best for gamers with patience and not prone to rage upon having to redo an entire section of a particular level again. Expand
  95. Oct 30, 2014
    Most enjoyed game experience Iv had this year.
    I'd recommend playing with some good headphones in a dark room. I played this on a pc and it's nicely optimised. Story's pretty solid and kept me engaged. I had some odd glitches with the A.I which is why it got a 9 but only on odd occasions. Otherwise 10/10
  96. Nov 14, 2014
    Alien Isolation presents itself as a stealth horror, taking some of the best aspects from games like amnesia and building upon it.

Aesthetically the game is fantastic. I'm playing on SLI 780Ti and visuals are up there with what you'd expect from an AAA game. In relation to the atmosphere, it's fantastic. It builds up using great audio and lighting to present a real feeling of

In relation to the atmosphere, it's fantastic. It builds up using great audio and lighting to present a real feeling of terror and tense.

the fact that you're unable to kill the alien really enforces the play style. The creature is agile and incredibly fast. If you're seen, you know there's probably only a 1 in 10 chance you're going to survive. Despite this, you always try!

The only slight minor I would give the game is the Aliens navmesh... on a lot of occasions it felt like even though I hadn't been detected the Alien was simply 'hanging around'. However, this is a very minor concern.

Overall, fantastic experience and at 20hours+ was a great game.
  97. Nov 28, 2014
    It was a great horror! Impressive visuals, great Alien AI. Despite that how hard it is, it can be still enjoyable.
    Surprisingly this game wasn't too overpriced.
  98. Dec 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Any Alien fan should have this game! Beautifully designed, incorporating Rob Cobb's designs from the Nostomo into Sevastopol, it truly is a gorgeous game. But the setting is also scary: creaky, full of murderous androids and humans, falling apart, dead bodies and graffiti everywhere. Yet nothing is quite as terrifying as the Alien. Simply hearing the soon-to-be common sound of him coming out of the vent system nearby sets my heart rate soaring. There are so many tense and scary moments; you have to be dead careful and on your toes at all times, even on easy. And, even on easy, the Alien's A.I. will pick up on things (such as where you hide the most, it'll investigate where things come from if you throw enough distractions its way, etc). In fact, I'd call it 'not-so-easy' to be honest. The med-bay escape, trap, reactor area, and the ending are all full-throttle, palm sweating, teeth clenching, heart-racing, head-spinning sections which make this game my absolute favorite I've played so far. Congrats C.A. on such a wonderful game, I feel it will (as many critics also do) revitalize the now venerable series....who knows, maybe a sequel will be on the horizon? Cheers to a great game! Expand
  99. Dec 15, 2014
    Never has an alien game nailed the movies environment the game is visually beautifully mean just look at the level of detail they put into making the haunted environment, a mechanical master piece , the alien AI is challenging and the machanic that it elvolves through out the game is really impressive, the game is challenging, fun and the only problem I've had is the voice acting, the dlc,Never has an alien game nailed the movies environment the game is visually beautifully mean just look at the level of detail they put into making the haunted environment, a mechanical master piece , the alien AI is challenging and the machanic that it elvolves through out the game is really impressive, the game is challenging, fun and the only problem I've had is the voice acting, the dlc, some minor glitches but this game is worth the buy and don't you **** listen to ign the guy is a halo player and isn't used to challenges Expand
  100. Dec 22, 2014
    This is an excellent Alien game and a tribute to Ridley Scott's masterpiece. Being relentlessly hunted by the alien in Sebastopol is really scary and takes its toll. Saving system is great. Sound effects and really good actor voices add to the atmosphere. So, I would say that the game mechanics is close to perfect. Now, the writers really did not do a good job of following through theThis is an excellent Alien game and a tribute to Ridley Scott's masterpiece. Being relentlessly hunted by the alien in Sebastopol is really scary and takes its toll. Saving system is great. Sound effects and really good actor voices add to the atmosphere. So, I would say that the game mechanics is close to perfect. Now, the writers really did not do a good job of following through the narrative in the spirit of Alien. As mentioned by other reviewers a lot of the build up breaks down in the last few hours of the game, like the producers threw out the windows "Alien" and brought back the awful "Aliens" with multiple monster bashing and repetitive blue-collar work where the exhausted player has to turn on and off switches across the stations long after the climax of the game has been reached. Other than that, the first 80% of the game are so great that its worth it. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 41 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Dec 13, 2014
    This game makes you crawl like a goddamn worm, in constant fear of being squashed. I was scared to leave the closet I was hiding in, because the monster was somewhere out there. [Dec 2014, p.68]
  2. Nov 25, 2014
    The Creative Assembly’s game, however, is cooked; left to boil so long it loses all flavor and texture. For 10 hours, Isolation is one of the best horror games ever made, until a second, poorly made game bursts out of its heart.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Nov 15, 2014
    Alien Isolation can be frustratingly difficult at times, but nevertheless it’s easily the best game in the Alien franchise since the original Aliens vs Predator. The fact that the game mimics perfectly the 1970s look and sci fi stylings of Ridley Scott’s Alien film makes the experience even more endearing. By featuring absurd number of “surprise” twists, Alien Isolation’s final act could’ve used some trimming. [Nov 2014]