- Summary: Deadly Premonition is a third-person survival horror action game which puts players in the role of the intuitive FBI Agent Francis York Morgan. In the process of investigating a murder, players will examine a series of interlocking mysteries in a remote rural town and will encounter an arrayDeadly Premonition is a third-person survival horror action game which puts players in the role of the intuitive FBI Agent Francis York Morgan. In the process of investigating a murder, players will examine a series of interlocking mysteries in a remote rural town and will encounter an array of complex characters pivotal to the unraveling of the storyline's mystery. Suspenseful action sequences will force players to make strategic moves, gliding by enemies in the shadows or engaging them with long-range weapons or hand-to-hand melee combat. From the unparalleled atmosphere, music and mysterious storyline to driving vehicles and exploring the entire town, Deadly Premonition will offer players a unique and haunting interactive gaming experience unlike any other.… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Deadly Premonition Official Trailer
Nov 21, 2013A phenomenon you do not see every day. Your mind has to be muddy, if you ignore a botch that's been of the game's execution, and if you have a heart for acknowledgement all the exceptionalities. Indisputably, this game project overgrew its creators' heads, but it is possible to fall in love with it.
LEVEL (Czech Republic)Nov 25, 2013Twin Peaks gone gaming is an unique experience marred only by obsolete technology. If you're drawn towards unconventional games, don't miss this weirdness made in Japan. [Issue#236]
PC PowerPlayFeb 24, 2014It's difficult to tell where genius ends and incompetence begins, but either way, it's astoundingly entertaining. [March 2014, p.62]
Nov 4, 2013Deadly Premonition is a mechanically stiff game that’s fortunate enough to have a compelling and intriguing murder mystery backing it up. Unfortunately, the PC port is mired with issues. It’s not the lackluster visual, repeating animation or the slow and unappealing gameplay that’s the problem; it’s the multitude of technical issues that will push players away.
Jun 1, 2014If I ever wrote a book with a video game topic the title would be "1 Video Game You Must Play Before You Die" and Deadly Premonition would beIf I ever wrote a book with a video game topic the title would be "1 Video Game You Must Play Before You Die" and Deadly Premonition would be the subject. In it you would find countless of analysis of the many citizens of Greenvale, a complete study of the main characters quirks and flaws, how to make your own Sinner's Sandwich and why you always should keep your suit pressed and clean.
Hell, I would probably end up writing a sequel. There is just so much going on in this game that one book simply couldn't content everything that needs to be said about Deadly Premonition.
There are lot of great games out there, but in my view there is only about 3 games that have ever gone far and beyond and pushed what a game really is capable of being. A game that changes the way you will look at games. A game that makes you realize what a fantastic medium games can be, if it's utilized for more than simply being another entertainment form to ultimately make you pass time. A game that ruins gaming.
Deadly Premonition is all that. It's impossible to describe exactly what it is that makes it such a fantastic game. Most people will only shake their heads and it's like trying to describe a miracle to people who never witnessed one.… Expand
Mar 17, 2017Pros:
- From a non-technical point of view this is a gem of gaming. There're not many open world survival horror games like this out there.Pros:
- From a non-technical point of view this is a gem of gaming. There're not many open world survival horror games like this out there.
- Add to the formula a contrast between awkward humor, a dark story about a murder, and tons of references of movies and series. Yes this stinks Twin Peaks everywhere...and we love it! :D
- Let's talk about visuals and gameplay. The game was originally intended to be on PS2 but finally it came for the second one. The characters looks decent in comparison of some meshses from Greenvale. But the amount of work done on each road of this city deserves a bit of understanding. The goal was to achieve the detective experience of solving this murder in a non-linear way. I mean the game has it's scripted path and missions but you can always add to the story by doing side-quests in GTA fashion or LA Noir Fashion. I think Swery did a great work on Greenvale. Each part of the city has some collectibles and some clunky or funny designs that tells the player "go there!...is funny isn't it!?" for instance when you go through a forbidden road or a field filled with animals. The map can look like game from early 2000's but I found this place a very nice place to explore. Plus the rain that's my weakness...plus the woods. In terms of design and having some TP references he achieved it big time!
- The characters look way better. The shadows the cast within their mesh is way better than the projected on environments and it looks like the put some nice attention on normal maps. Of course the animation is cheesy and basic sometimes. But this is part of the style (like D4 for instance a few years after DP).
- The combat is like RE4. Not as fast and the enemies could be repetitive BUT the key of its levels is the puzzle solving. Some enemies drop keys. Other levels makes you figure out a path or interact with the elements in it.
- OMG the car controls xD (no, is not a "pro" but is not a "con").
- The OST is amazing! Point mother ♥♥♥♥ing period!
- The Director's Cut adds some tweaks on the controls that makes the experience way better than the Xbox 360 first version. Of course the changed some artistic details like the famous color grading but this is the ultimate experience (at least for now).
- Also the Director's Cut version has a few new cutscenes which adds to the story. I will not spoil anything but I found the ending of the game one of the best from the last few years. Not kidding.
- If you didn't get many side-quests the game has TONS of interesting details.
- "DP Fix" exist! (http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=438) As it happened with Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition. Deadly Premonition was a even more broken game on PC at launch. Consider helping the modder ;)
Now we can play the game and even over-sample shadows, resolution, AA, AO etc.. The fix also let's to change textures, there are some HD Packs and button prompt if you want to use a Dualshock for instance.
- Even with a monster PC you'll have some long loading times. I know there will not be a remastered definitive edition on the future. But if there was any chance, this is something that can help improving the experience A LOT.
- You can loose some interesting character development if you don't explore Greenvale. Spy people on the windows!!
- You can find "Pillow Stains", the song from the former form of DP called "Rainny Woods" check the trailer on YouTube: https://youtu.be/EbbhwO7pRHA within the game ;) just explore the map. Song: https://youtu.be/H9zfSVmMbjM
- Don't waste your first playthrough without doing side-quest.
- DP Fix recommendations:
1) Desactivare the DEP for the .exe
2) Create a shortcut of the .exe to achieve the borderless mode.
3) Run the .exe with W98 compatibility and admin rights.
4) If you have some .dll problems just follow the Steam discussions. Every OS is different.
5) You can now use Sweet FX to bring the Xbox 360 grading.
6) There's a horrible Memory Leak problem within the fullscreen mode. Use borderless as mentioned before to solve this on many cases. This also will solve the issue of the Alt+Tab freeze and the steam overlay.
Many other issues and workarounds can be found here: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Deadly_Premonition:_The_Director's_Cut
- I would add many things but they could be spoilers. I would recommend you to visit my friend Whitney's Page "Welcome to Greenvale" www.facebook.com/welcometogreenvale and her YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/shhistoricalsociety
- Another recommendation from YouTube after beating the game: https://youtu.be/d7DGK2U387Q… Expand
Sep 22, 2014This is the weirdest, ugliest, buggiest game I've ever played... but it's so good despite all that. The story and characters, the strangeThis is the weirdest, ugliest, buggiest game I've ever played... but it's so good despite all that. The story and characters, the strange mechanics, the ugly but charming graphics - it's an odd, yet wonderful creation. Something you must approach with an open mind to truly appreciate.
Please give it a chance.… Expand
Nov 24, 2013If you are bored of all the big budget cookie cutter games, this will be a breath of fresh air. Although all features of the game haveIf you are bored of all the big budget cookie cutter games, this will be a breath of fresh air. Although all features of the game have varying quality to say the last. Some of the writing is brilliant, some of it is cringeworthy. The main cutscenes are directed in a fantastic way with great artistic vision but the simple dialogue scenes suck. Some of the music is great and appropriate, especially in story cutscenes, but a lot of tracks are totally out of place. The PC port itself is terrible, however with DPFIX installed and a JoyToKey or xpadder it works with gamepad as well. It's a very interesting and unique peace of work and can be highly entertaining despite it's big flaws.… Expand
Jan 27, 2017Deadly Premonition is one of the worst games ever, but it's also one of the best. Try typing "most polarizing video game of all time" onDeadly Premonition is one of the worst games ever, but it's also one of the best. Try typing "most polarizing video game of all time" on Google and look at the top results and related searches. Yep.
If you ever get this PoS to work within the 2-hour refund period, you'll be greeted by toga-wearing twins spouting gibberish, crime-related references to The Tom and Jerry show, and squirrels purposefully given the sound bytes of a startled chimpanzee. After a fatal car crash and one unhurt protagonist crawling out of a burning car, full of swagger on his back, you get to play the top contender for worst Dreamcast game ever. Outdated control scheme, horrendous graphics, and gameplay mechanics that borrowed from the worst inspirations ever; it's like this game was stuck in development for over a decade. Oh wait, it was.[www.polygon.com]
But even with all the trash found in the game, I still admired it. After playing it through to the end, I respected it. I'll even admit that I became teary-eyed once the game showed its final scenes. It was the story, with all its surreal moments and weird but charming cast that kept me playing and invested in the game. Deadly Premonition is a homage to Twin Peaks, a show that inspired video games like Max Payne, Alan Wake, and Silent Hill. A show that ended too soon, yet the concept found new life in video games. It's how game writer and director Hidetaka Suehiro molded the Lynchian framework into something more akin to his style, while still respecting the inspiration, that made the game shine. This is art, plain and simple. And no word has ever been more fitting for the most polarizing video game of all time.
And there you have it.… Expand
Jan 26, 2014This is the worst PC port ever.
The game itself is very interesting, but too many bugs.
You might not be able to complete the story.This is the worst PC port ever.
The game itself is very interesting, but too many bugs.
You might not be able to complete the story.
Patches for fix are disappointingly insufficient.… Expand
Jan 22, 2015I tried to play the game Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut yesterday. This game originally came out on the Xbox 360 in 2010. It wasI tried to play the game Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut yesterday. This game originally came out on the Xbox 360 in 2010. It was recently re-released on PS3 as well as ported to the PC. For years this game has been heralded as an open-world survival horror homage to Twin Peaks: the story involves a quirky FBI agent investigating a strange murder in Washington state. The original version of the game also involved the detective interacting with two dwarves in a red room; maybe homage is an understatement.
Make no mistake the game is terrible. It controls like Resident Evil 4 and has graphics which are about the same - except it was released 5 years later. It was developed by a small Japanese game studio that had a deep appreciation for David Lynch so naturally it has developed a cult following in the states.
Some of my favorite games were developed by Japanese game companies. My wife and I both love the Tales games released by Namco Tales as well as the SMT/Persona games released by Atlus. The key difference here as that both of these companies do great localization - that is, they spend a lot of time getting decent translation of the original Japanese dialogue.
This is pretty important; if you don't do that then a lot of the humor and personal interaction just comes across as stilted and awkward. I have the feeling that this is pretty much the case with Deadly Premonition. I think a lot of folks view the "quirky dialogue" as Lynchian - but considering how poorly the rest of the game comes together it is more likely that this is just bad localization.… Expand
- (0 views)