8.3

1. Mar 24, 2018
    Veamos por donde empiezo... meh da flojera, ire directamente al grano.
    LA jugabilidad es buena, la musica de cuando te persiguen o detectan es bueno te pone nervioso por que no te atrapen, el uso de la camara es vital en el juego como para ver en la oscuridad para ver mas lejos también.
    Veamos por donde empiezo... meh da flojera, ire directamente al grano.
    Pero a mi lo que mas me arruino la experiencia no fue la ambientación ni nada de eso, como que me bajo la emoción en 1 segundo por el final no quiero contar nada para no hacer spoilers, pero fue el peor final de un videojuego que yo halla jugado. Aun asi disfrute mucho jugando Outlast eso no se los voy a negar.
  2. Nov 5, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nietzsche once said: “Whoever fights with monsters should see to it that he does not become a monster in the process.” This is what Outlast is about. In this game you can explore dark corners of human minds and watch how easy people turn into monsters. At the beginning of the game you are driven by the urge to stop whatever is going on in Mount Massive, but… What will become of you if you stay there long enough? If you want to delve into this madness, you should be ready to accept its rules and live by them: hide and run for your life. Even though Outlast is not that long (up to 4 or 5 hours), it will tickle your nerves with ominous music and the sense of the coming troubles. You’d better stay sharp – you never know when the abyss will stare back at you. Expand
  3. Nov 11, 2017
    Not a bad game. A lot of blood, guts and even genital organs. At the game's beginning much scares, but later the game is becoming fun for me. Just got used to the situation. Despite this, Outlast is a good survival horror. Miles Apsher's adventure was unforgettable.
  4. Dec 26, 2017
    If you haven't played this game you should go and buy it on G2A 0.81 euros .
    It's a thrilling adventure that will give you chills and a lot of nightmares.
    I recommend you to play this game! 9.8/10
  5. Feb 27, 2018
    This game is interesting and scary at the same time. Best horror game, i recommend!
  6. Apr 5, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Excelente jogo, terror psicológico presente com jumpscares raros mais presentes, o que causa medo de ser assustado no jogador. Cumpriu com o que prometeu. Recomendo Expand
  7. May 10, 2018
    Она не страшная.
    Бегать и прятаться от глупых ботов страшно может быть только ребенку. Типичный инди хоррор, который удачно раскрутился. В целом разработчики сделали неплохой продукт, но не фееричный.
    Возможно попадание произошло из-за малого количества игр, которые дают ощущение полной слабости и беззащитности. Точно говорить не скажу такой статистики не знаю. Продукт на любителя.
    Она не страшная.
    Точно говорить не скажу такой статистики не знаю.
    Продукт на любителя.
  8. May 19, 2018
    Terrorífico. Realmente pasé miedo, y hubo momentos en que me pude sentir el latir del corazón. Muy bien diseñado, la única pega que podría verle es que a veces se siente demasiado pasillero, aunque no es algo en lo que me estuviese fijando mucho mientras sudaba de la tensión. Muy satisfecho de que apenas haya jumpscares, pues no los necesita para provocar miedo real. Recomendado.
  9. May 22, 2019
    A shi**y attempt at creating something resembling a horror game, but failing so hard, it might as well be called an abomination. The first 5-10 minutes of this game will show you everything, what this "product" is about... awful jumpscares, no atmosphere whatsoever. The creators don't know what is "atmosphere" or "climate", so you won't find it here. Instead you get chased by nakedA shi**y attempt at creating something resembling a horror game, but failing so hard, it might as well be called an abomination. The first 5-10 minutes of this game will show you everything, what this "product" is about... awful jumpscares, no atmosphere whatsoever. The creators don't know what is "atmosphere" or "climate", so you won't find it here. Instead you get chased by naked s*itheads every now and then and try to move into another room and so on and so on. There is nothing interesting or fun here. I'm not even gonna talk about the camera and the green color that makes me want to watch Shrek instead of playing this filth ever again. Jumpscares do not equal horror. There is nothing scary about this game. it's a waste of time, sh**y walking/running simulator in an asylum... which is probably filled with people, that had to test this game before releasing it. Boring s*itstain... that's what Outcast is. And sadly, I need to inform you, that I've also played and finished the "expansion pack" to it, so be ready for that review, which might be just a copy of this review... it's still gonna be more work, than those a**holes did while making this game. Pickens laughs at this. Expand
  10. Jun 25, 2019
    Don't have much to say other than it's a really good horror game. But I'm not too into horror games so my scores not as high as it would be if I liked the genre more.
  11. Aug 7, 2019
    Guys sorry but, this is not a horror game. In a horror game, we should defend ourselves, we should destroy something, crash gates, but in this game, it seems like makers didn't strive too much. Sorry but Outlast was a disappointment for me. At least, you could tell us, your character is stroke.
  12. Jan 2, 2014
    Excellent game, very well made. Beat it in a little under seven hours, very enjoyable! I don't play a particularly large amount of horror games, but Outlast seemed like a fun game that would help me extend my comfort zones. I am extremely glad I decided to play it; it had excellent gameplay mechanics and decent storytelling. I'm going to do my best to review it without adding spoilers.Excellent game, very well made. Beat it in a little under seven hours, very enjoyable! I don't play a particularly large amount of horror games, but Outlast seemed like a fun game that would help me extend my comfort zones. I am extremely glad I decided to play it; it had excellent gameplay mechanics and decent storytelling. I'm going to do my best to review it without adding spoilers.

In a nutshell (I expand on these points in the wall of text below:)
    -Very good scares, excellent chases where you are running for your life with lots of variety in how you do so and why, does sometimes feel repetitive but only a FRACTION of the time.
    -Horrific environment and story, well made and does it job of disgusting you and pulling you into the game
    -EXCELLENT atmosphere. This had to be my favorite aspect of the game. The level of details in the game combined with the story and gameplay mechanics all added up to create a game that REALLY pulls you in.
    -Great mechanics and controls. Another favorite aspect of this game. Watch trailer 2 to get an idea for the full range of motion your character has as he flees for his life.
    -Last level is very reminiscent of F.E.A.R.
    -Ending was, in my opinion, not what I was hoping for. Probably the game's only big weakness.
    -Story was hit or miss; you need to explore and find the spread out documents to get a good idea of the story.

The scares were pretty decent; some good jumpscares here and there, though the main scares came from enemies chasing you through the asylum, as the game ads showed. The chases themselves were definitely scary and got your heartbeat pumping, however, some of it's power was lost after playing the game for a few hours and experiencing the same formula several times. Push the 3 generator switches without the giant bloodied enemy catching you. Turn the 2 pipe valves without the demented doctor cutting you up. While this sort of thing was only PART of the chases in Outlast, it did result in the scares losing SOME of their effectiveness. Overall though, I do believe the makers did an excellent job mixing up who was chasing you (with unique, developed enemies might I add), where you were being chased, and how you escaped. I think there was a huge variety in the ways you were chased and scared, aside from the one recurring formula I mentioned.
    If I had to compare the scares, I would say they were similar to F.E.A.R., in that the majority of your fear came from not knowing when you'd find another enemy, and going through a very creepy, well-made environment.

I'd also like to touch on the horror aspects of the game. There is an extensive amount of blood and gore, though I never found it to be over the top or distracting, and there is literally nothing that the game's creators won't subject you to. From making you watch as your fingers get cut off, to ending a near-death chase by falling onto a pile of guts and bodies, to stumbling across a mutated patient jerking it in the corner of his cell, there is an impressive amount of effort and thought in the horror and environment in the game. It's a good variety of horrors that will keep you disgusted and afraid. This in turn contributes a good amount to the atmosphere.

The game's atmosphere is fantastic; this, tied with the gameplay and chase mechanics, had to be my favorite aspect of Outlast. The game's creators really put a great deal of effort into breaking the fourth wall. There are many details that the player can appreciate, from the bloody footprints your character leaves after stepping in guts and gore, to the cracks on your camera lens after you drop it, to the well made game controls and mechanics (which get their own section in this review). In addition, the music and sounds are very well made and appropriately used. Your character has fearful breathing and sobs that realistic rather than gimmicky. This game did an excellent job of pulling the player into the demented and bloody world of Mount Massive Asylum.

The gameplay mechanics are another favorite aspect of Outlast. The makers created controls and mechanics that are very detailed and realistic, but are still practical and used in the game. An example is the ability to turn your head behind you as you run for your life. In addition, the range of basic motions are present and well made. Your character can run, vault, climb, shimmy across a ledge, jump, and hide from enemies, and it's all made so smoothly you really do feel like you're in the game. If you really want to get an idea for the range of motion your character is capable of, the full official trailer is actually very accurate. Pretty much everything in the trailer's chase (2:45 to the end) is do-able in the actual game, down to getting pulled out of cover by your chaser if you weren't fast enough!

For me, the game's only weakpoint had to be the ending. The last level reminded me greatly of the last level of F.E.A.R & felt weak. I'll leave it at that to avoid spoilers

1. Feb 21, 2014
    A game that is not as innovative as you would hope. It is very old school. Nevertheless, this is a real horror-game and we can guarantee that you will freak out. It may be old school, but it is still a very good game that will blow you away.
  2. Dec 5, 2013
    This is probably the most horrifying experience in videogames, ever!
  3. Oct 31, 2013
    On one side, you have linear gameplay, at times simplistic game design and plenty of clichés. On the other – an exciting opportunity to star in a very cool horror ‘movie’.