- Summary: Featuring deep strategic gameplay, an enormous selection of alien races and emergent storytelling, Stellaris has a deeply challenging system that rewards interstellar exploration as you traverse, discover, interact and learn more about the multitude of species you will encounter during yourFeaturing deep strategic gameplay, an enormous selection of alien races and emergent storytelling, Stellaris has a deeply challenging system that rewards interstellar exploration as you traverse, discover, interact and learn more about the multitude of species you will encounter during your travels. Etch your name across the cosmos by uncovering remote celestial outposts,and entire civilizations. Will you expand through war or walk the path of diplomacy to achieve your goals?… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Stellaris Announcement Trailer - Gamescom 2015
May 16, 2016Stellaris is almost as big as the universe itself, at the point that you risk losing yourself in a galaxy of info, menus and gameplay possibilities. The new game from Paradox is truly captivating and challenging, despite some minor issues (especially with the AI). Stellaris is a new star, bound to grow bigger and bigger over time.
May 18, 2016Imagine that your favorite history professor has written a sci-fi novel. You’re intrigued. You read it. It’s dry, bereft of imagination, and misses the point of sci-fi by light years. It’s even full of typos and some of the pages are blank. But you still read all 912 pages. It’s flat. It’s lifeless. It’s terrible. You’re crestfallen. That’s Stellaris.
May 9, 2016Stellaris has everything that a space-games enthusiast seeks: kickass graphics, constantly changing stories and adventures full of pop-cultureStellaris has everything that a space-games enthusiast seeks: kickass graphics, constantly changing stories and adventures full of pop-culture references, and a well-structured balance between exploration and expansion. From the first minute, this game will leave an ever lasting impression on you, and you will know that whenever you play any future space strategy games in the future, you will ALWAYS compare them to Stellaris. That is how perfect this game is. It is a must buy for any space strategy fan and should not under any circumstances be missed. Buy it and support Paradox, the new God of Mass Strategy Games!… Expand
May 12, 2016The game is awesome. It's smooth, elegant, sounds great, looks great, and is stable.
This is no trivial game that you can master, finish andThe game is awesome. It's smooth, elegant, sounds great, looks great, and is stable.
This is no trivial game that you can master, finish and discard in a couple dozen hours.
I imagine this is a game I will continue playing for months, if not years, especially as new content is released. Stellaris is a STRATEGY game, and makes no bones about it, as there is barely even a nod towards tactical elements.
The one thing I love about Stellaris above most other games in this genre .... there are actual STAR SYSTEMS, not just planets floating in space or arbitrary placeholders. Ships which warp or jump into a system have to traverse the system or wait for their jump drives to cool down before they can jump again. As an immersive factor, this WORKS for me.
The nature of the game is TOTALLY suited to modding and customisation. I can imagine people designing the entire star wars galaxy or star trek galaxy or empire of man or warhammer 40k universe or starcraft universe in this. I literally cannot wait to see what modders will do in terms of race design, 3d models, static galaxy designs, story driven gameplay, event chains, etc.
Stellaris has given a massive POKE IN THE EYE to those who think 4x games cannot encompass multiple stardrive types and should be simplified to managing hyperlane bottlenecks.
You will love it if
- you like sandbox games
- you want control of customisation
- you want to set your own goals, and drive your own agenda
- you love science fiction stories, as the anomalies and events in the game are like a story unfolding, absolutely amazing.
You will hate it if
- you are a twitch gamer wanting a rail-shooter in space
- you want the game to drive the agenda for you
- you just wanna kill things and couldn't be bothered to read.
Being a sandbox, i imagine it will suit the multiplayer environment much better than the single player environment, but it is still an awesome single player experience.
There are a few things missing, but they detract very little from the game experience.
- there are only randomly generated games, no campaign modes
- there are no freighters, passenger ships, trade routes, etc.
- the game is pseudo 3d, and effectively plays out on a flat galaxy map
- no tactical combat mode, but its well done, with combat seamlessly playing outin real time on the strategic map.
- current diplomacy is not that complex, no espionage, sabotage, etc. But the sheer number of species and diversity adds its own complexity.
- being a sandbox, there is currently no campaign, but I am sure the modding community will solve this.
- while there are leaders (governals, admirals, scientists, etc) with traits, experience and skills, they are randomly generated, not a result of a complex relationship engine as in CK2. Not a big deal to me, but I imagine some would have hoped for this. I can imagne a system like rome total war with governing families leading factions might have worked.
Many of the tricks the designers missed in the realease version, I imagine can be added in future content, or through modding.… Expand
May 9, 2016I played a lot of 4x space games and this game sticks out the most! And since Galactic Civ 2 I couldn't find the one I would enjoy. A lot ofI played a lot of 4x space games and this game sticks out the most! And since Galactic Civ 2 I couldn't find the one I would enjoy. A lot of 4x games I played feels recycled but Stellaris is the first game that feels really fresh from other 4x games.… Expand
Jun 20, 2019One of a kind space 4x game built with passion, let down by the engine which cant handle the calculations mid and late game, and way too manyOne of a kind space 4x game built with passion, let down by the engine which cant handle the calculations mid and late game, and way too many bugs introduced with each patch, but the game itself is really a gem, i've got over 500 hours which is a saying something for me because most games i enjoy i burn out on or get bored with after 50-100 hours… Expand
Jun 14, 2017El juego es muy adictivo al princpio y la estetica musica y la interfaz estan muy cuidadas, se nota que han puesto empeño en eso pero cuandoEl juego es muy adictivo al princpio y la estetica musica y la interfaz estan muy cuidadas, se nota que han puesto empeño en eso pero cuando llevas un tiempo con el juego te das cuenta de que se vuelve monotono y plano, y se convierte en una tarea mecanica en la cual repites siempre lo mismo y desaparece todo el interes. El juego me a dado unas horas entretenida pero esperaba mas.… Expand
Jan 11, 2018The development of this game can be summed up thusly:
Completely remove features that were awkwardly implemented from previous cycles. AddThe development of this game can be summed up thusly:
Completely remove features that were awkwardly implemented from previous cycles.
Add more magic power buttons.
Never revise the core gameplay.
Entice casuals with pretty(ish) graphics and trailers without gameplay.
Seems like Paradox has a weird idea about who wants to play a highly detailed space empire builder .… Expand
- (3173 views)
- (0 views)