8.6

1. Feb 6, 2020
    Cool and slick, and a wealth of ideas for puzzles based around the seemingly constraining subject of pedestrian road signs.
    The Pedestrian is surprisingly addictive and engaging, despite it superficially appearing to be repetitive puzzling,with a nice smooth learning curve that never ends up with the puzzles being too oblique or difficult.
    Graphics are snappy and intelligent, a nice
    Graphics are snappy and intelligent, a nice soundtrack, and a subtle shift in the final puzzle set that is genius.
    Maybe a bit on the short side, but well worth the pounds in my opinion.
    One of my top puzzle games of the last few years.
    recommended
  2. Feb 5, 2020
    the pedestrian is a game that bring very unexpected moments, very nice puzzles and a very strange ending

i 100% recommend this game
  3. Feb 3, 2020
    The Pedestrian is a puzzle game very much in the vein of The Witness. The puzzles are somewhat similar, as is just the feel of wandering through a world where you encounter only puzzles. It is much more linear though, you aren't freely moving through a world of puzzles to solve in any order you choose, instead you are on rails (literally at times) solving puzzles in order to progress.The Pedestrian is a puzzle game very much in the vein of The Witness. The puzzles are somewhat similar, as is just the feel of wandering through a world where you encounter only puzzles. It is much more linear though, you aren't freely moving through a world of puzzles to solve in any order you choose, instead you are on rails (literally at times) solving puzzles in order to progress.

In The Pedestrian you are a stick figure who must find your way through signs to progress. The signs are the puzzles, and you must move them around and alter the connections between the signs to solve the puzzles. This is a hard game to describe! Suffice it to say that the basic puzzle concept in this game is fresh and works very well, and they are on a pleasing challenge level. They seem impossible at first, but after 5 or maybe 10 minutes I was solving them all and it felt so rewarding.

The game does a great job of onboarding. It has systems that are complicated to the point that I am not even going to try to explain them here, yet it teaches them to you in a very comprehensible way without any text. It's quite brilliant design really. It also has a brilliant menu system that is a pleasure to use, it's very conceptualized and fits in with the game world and even gameplay, yet it's easy to use. I want whoever designed this game to design my car, my phone, everything!

I think anyone who's enjoys puzzle games will like this one. It never really blew me away like Gorogoa a few years ago, another puzzle classic this one reminded me of, but it's a very solid experience for gamers like me enjoy nothing more than a nice puzzle to sink their teeth into.
  4. Feb 18, 2020
    What a fantastic puzzle game. Innovative puzzle mechanics and amazing visuals and sound design make it hard to put down. Controls feel very tight as well, which is important during the few bits where a bit of platforming is involved.

But don't just take my word for it - they have a demo on Steam, GOG and itch.io!

Generally favorable reviews - based on 18 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 20, 2020
    Whether it’s the complimentary add-on of its voyage through the environment — and the way the game makes one’s trip a pleasant scurry from one city region to the next — or the ample ways the game adds-to, subtracts-from and so easily flips former rules/conventions on their head, The Pedestrian taps terrifically into the many joys, frustrations and epiphanies that this genre of video game is so good at carving out. Clever, confident and a fine debut for Skookum Arts, The Pedestrian has established a clear high bar — marking itself down as this year’s first must-play for puzzle enthusiasts far and wide.
  2. Feb 18, 2020
    The Pedestrian is a very inventive puzzle game with a lovely graphic design and an engrossing gameplay. Too bad it’s a pretty brief experience that is over too soon.
  3. Feb 18, 2020
    Having the player advance through environments by rearranging rooms, The Pedestrian succeeds in creating a puzzle game with simple rules that is visually interesting at the same time. The difficulty is always well balanced, and the surprising climax makes great use of the game’s features. Yet, at the same time, The Pedestrian never manages to truly stand out of the crowd, resulting in a game that feels like a role-model student who lacks real personality.