Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Fighting EX Layer Characters And Features Trailer
Jul 13, 2018On a pure gameplay level, Fighting EX Layer is an absolute treat. What it lacks in bells and whistles it delivers in pure, fun combat. This is a game made for the sort of people who will spend hours perfecting an impractical, extremely-precise combo in training mode simply for the satisfaction of having done it. If that describes you, then Fighting EX Layer will be worth everything you put into it.
Jul 12, 2018A deeply engaging fighter that resurrects the Street Fighter EX combat mechanics of yesteryear, Fighting EX Layer's lack of single-player content unfortunately make it difficult to recommend to folks who aren't rabidly engaged in its online multiplayer shenanigans, those who are however will find much to enjoy.
Aug 3, 2018As someone who has been playing fighters for nearly three decades, I can get on board with Fighting EX Layer's lack of pageantry. What I can't accept quite as earnestly is its issue with roster playstyle diversity. The foundation is there, it just needs to be built up further.
Aug 23, 2018Fighting EX Layer is a hard sell to casual fighting game fans. Its lack of modes is its biggest downfall. For those who grew up with Arika’s work though it is a pure joy to play. I hope they continue to support the game and add more and more content as it goes on. Perhaps it will be featured at EVO next year instead of just a side option. With the announcements of new characters, stages, and even crossover characters, the future looks bright. I just hope the momentum continues.
Aug 26, 2018Fighting EX Layer does not have a lot of options or fighters to choose from, but it does have a lot of heart. A lot of work went into its design, and those looking for a fighter that is a little out of the ordinary should set out to master its unique system.
Jul 1, 2018It’s a phenomenal game for the die hard fighting game players. It’s a ten for the gameplay, graphics and system mechanics. It was told by theIt’s a phenomenal game for the die hard fighting game players. It’s a ten for the gameplay, graphics and system mechanics. It was told by the developers that it will be expanded upon in the future. If you want a fun online game it’s a must buy. If you want offline single player then wait till the devs include it.… Expand
Jun 30, 2018The fact that this game exists is a miracle. I never thought I'd see the characters from my favorite childhood fighting game (EX plus @) in aThe fact that this game exists is a miracle. I never thought I'd see the characters from my favorite childhood fighting game (EX plus @) in a game again. And I'm so happy Arika has decided to risk it all in order to give the fans what the have wanted for so long. Although the game is bare bones at the moment content wise, the core of the game is extremely solid, with online functioning flawlessly and the new gougi system adding a surprising layer of fun and complexity to the already fun mechanics of the ex fighting games of old. And man is that soundtrack amazing. To those saying not to buy the game based on the fact that it lacks single player content, and that the game is a "SCAM" and the devs are "LAZY", please consider this: Arika has put everything on the line releasing this game, using the vast majority of their money to get this game out. This small studio has risked their very existence for this passion project and are no doubt going to be releasing more content as they receive support. It's not that they didn't want to add more to the game, or they are trying to cash grab with their price points, It's simply the fact that they didn't have the money to add anything else and will go under if this game doesn't do well financially. So please, if you love fighting games, consider buying at least the light version. You will undoubtedly have fun with the current content and with the future content that will be released.… Expand
Jul 3, 2018First of all, this game is a real miracle that exists, we were waiting a Street Fgihter EX sequel for 18 years.
Even Arika doesn't haveFirst of all, this game is a real miracle that exists, we were waiting a Street Fgihter EX sequel for 18 years.
Even Arika doesn't have enough budget an faith about the making/release of this game, we insist through the years.
The game right now generates polarized opinions, because some players critizices lack of content and bad design, but the old fan doensn't care and support it an play it.
The game has good online netcode and the play is really smooth, even SFV and Tekken 7 can´t reach it, FEXL nailed it from the start!!
8/10 From a SFEX fan!!… Expand
Jun 30, 2018Hello there, this one here is going to be an objective review to counter-fight the subjective and clearly biased "0" reviews this game hasHello there, this one here is going to be an objective review to counter-fight the subjective and clearly biased "0" reviews this game has been reviewed with.
I also put my own face on this account so that you know I am not a trollhaterflamersubjective reviewer.
I will keep my review to the points (literally) for a very easy approach and I will use plain English so that worldwide everyone will get the best out of it.
I will give a final comment after listing all these points.
0) Very strong and unique character design for all the 12+1 (bonus) protagonists. Each one has retooled costumes, voices, poses and moves from past games making them both familiar both new to play as.
1) Excellent music with two different soundtrack switchable in the settings (Modern OST with brand-new tracks and Nostalgic OST with a mixture of the best tracks from the SFEXEX2EX3 games)
2) Classical 2D Fighting Gameplay from the SFEX series of the 1990s that has received few important additions that changes the gameplay a lot (running and running combos and styles). It offers the best of traditional fighting games and anime-style fighting games (Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Arcana Heart)
3) 15 different styles that unlock various minor-major skills directly in-game as you play and furfill certain conditions (it changes the flow of the matches a lot in relation to what kind of style you are fighting against).
3x) Characters are easy to learn and use immediately against other human beings
4) Excellent graphical style that makes the game stand out from the competition, showing us that the Unreal Engine 4 is very flexible
5) Each character is played differently in relation to the chosen style, lot of variability = lot of more fun and experimentation
6) Balanced Characters when two same-skill players fight each other (Everybody is clearly at least "strong" tier, much better than a game offering "overpowered" tier chars and a "bottom" tier chars)
7) Flawless online with no stutteringlag as long as there are at least 3/4 bars in the connection quality icon
8) Responsive but tight controls, meaning that skills is required to be good at the game
9) Game will receive lot of additional, free-content if the sales are good enough (it justifies the somewhat high baseline prices of 40$60$)
10) Strong, dedicated community even after 20 years since the last game of the series ("Street Fighter EX" at the time), meaning that it won't be difficult to find willing players online (there is a strong reddit subchannel and there is also the official website so you can inform people that you are avaiable for a match there)
11) Solid trial mode to improve yourself and learn the most difficult and most rewarding combos a character can perform.
12) Competent CPU in SurvivalVs CPU mode, excellent for training while getting a challenge if internet is down
1) Only 5 styles if you purchase the 40$ "light" version of the game (which still is a lot and doesn't truely deter from the experience). (MINOR ISSUE)
2) Skill-based game, anybody not willing to improve their inputs and reflexes won't likely go further in semi-pro and professional competitions (GENRE-BASED ISSUE)
3) Lacking Single-Player content expect for Vs CPU and Survival Mode (MINOR ISSUE it's a competittive game)
4) High price for full version - 60% - but the 40$ version is more reasonable and offers 90% of the content of the full version - the bonus content is negligible after all.
The full version is more or a trinket for the fans of the game (MINOR ISSUE)
5) Smaller roster in comparison to next-gen fighting games, but it's not a "true" minus, as many games started with 12-13 characters only (Blazblue, Guilty Gear, Street Fighter, Fatal Fury, Killer Instinct). Roster is going to increase as free updates are becoming available. (MINOR ISSUE) 6) Only on Playstation 4 digital store but its going to get a broader release for other consoles and PC if it sells well (on PC = mods for the game = more fun = more free original content from the fans). (MINOR ISSUE) 7) Trial mode shows moves names but not input (very minor issue) FINAL THOUGHTS: A solid product that offers the best of the fighting game world with only a strong lack in single player modes - to be expanded with free updates in the future if the game is successful enough. Now only available on Playstation 4 but it was a smart decision as it's the most diffuse gaming console. FINAL MARK: 7/10, a must.buy for fighting games fans and people that like competitive games. For anybody else, watch as many youtube videos as you can to see if you think it's your jam.… Expand
Jun 30, 2018$60 for the game without story mode, arcade mode or ever vs AI mode? Total ripoff. If developers have any decency, they should point this out$60 for the game without story mode, arcade mode or ever vs AI mode? Total ripoff. If developers have any decency, they should point this out loud and clear on the game store page or at least add something for this price tag. SF V on release had more content!
Pro: Characters design, overall graphics, decent gameplay
Con: Price tag (ever for the light version), lack of modes, nonexistent story behind characters
Bottom line: I would stay with my "4" for this game until devs are either state on store page that it is a PURE multiplayer/competitive game without ANY single player or offline content, or they add more content to the game like Capcom did for SFV… Expand
Jul 2, 2018Has no single player content. A lazy effort by money hungry developers. Do not buy or support developers who don't put in effort and give usHas no single player content. A lazy effort by money hungry developers. Do not buy or support developers who don't put in effort and give us complete trash.… Expand
- (0 views)