8.0

1. Jan 24, 2017
    I'm sure the atmosphere created in this game could work much better in third person. But the game itself finally restores some of its raises. It's amazing how similar to the environments of Resident Evil 1 and Resident Evil 4. The story and narrative has its flaws but this one undoubtedly is one of the best RE in the series.
  2. Jan 24, 2017
    A wonderful return to form. Does it feel like Resident Evil? On a mechanical level, a resounding YES. On an aesthetic level, no (but I mean that in a good way...) This installment is a much grittier and much darker entry to the long-running franchise, bringing something new to a series that was in dire need of a breath of fresh air... The game brings in the best from modern horror gamingA wonderful return to form. Does it feel like Resident Evil? On a mechanical level, a resounding YES. On an aesthetic level, no (but I mean that in a good way...) This installment is a much grittier and much darker entry to the long-running franchise, bringing something new to a series that was in dire need of a breath of fresh air... The game brings in the best from modern horror gaming while seamlessly blending in classic elements that have been sorely missed. Keep doing your thing Capcom! I am extremely excited for the next entry!!! :))) Expand
  3. Jan 24, 2017
    I never was a big Resident Evil fan until I decided to pick this game up for the PS VR. The VR is phenomenal. The immersion is great. I spent about an hour and a half on this game last night, and it leaves me to want to play more. It feels like this game was made for the PS VR and then to keep sales up, allowed to be played without it.

I read the other reviews that complain about it not

I read the other reviews that complain about it not being like the others. For that I am SO GLAD. The others were kind of lame.
  4. Jan 24, 2017
    To everyone that is complaining about this game SHUT UP Capcom worked so hard to get this game to us. Personally i believe this might be one of the best in the series godforbid a gaming company to switch up the horror. RE6 was a mess so they decided to go back to the roots and give us something we all wanted yeah it has its problems like any other game but i loved the hell out of it. I seeTo everyone that is complaining about this game SHUT UP Capcom worked so hard to get this game to us. Personally i believe this might be one of the best in the series godforbid a gaming company to switch up the horror. RE6 was a mess so they decided to go back to the roots and give us something we all wanted yeah it has its problems like any other game but i loved the hell out of it. I see so many reviews saying RE6 was better????? like come ON BROS. Actual review now: The story was fairly interesting and kept me interested throughout the game finding out the truth behind Mia and the Bakers was honestly pretty cool. Of course it could have had more depth but they had the perfect blend of story and horror which was great. The gameplay is cool i enjoy the first person aspect the horror kinda does go away at one point when you get the big guns but it's still there and it feels kick ass shooting down those sons of **** The atmosphere captured what the game was going for extremely well and i was never sure what was going to be in the next room or previous rooms which i loved. All in all after reading all the negative reviews i'm really surprised so many people are so ignorant to new ideas and to breathing fresh air into the RE series. BECAUSE 6 DID SO WELL RIGHT? Give capcom a break i believe they really out did themselves with this game and i highly recommend it to anyone who's into horror. Don't let the negative reviews influence your decision on buying this game it's honestly a great game. Especially with all the free DLC we will be getting in the next couple of weeks. Get this game. Expand
  5. Jan 24, 2017
    This game has everything that made RE1 and RE2 fantastic games, and more. It's genuinely a terrifying game--even half an hour after pausing it and setting it aside, I'm still freaked out. The FP POV makes it that much more immersive, frightening and, at times, frantic. You will not be disappointed.
  6. Jan 24, 2017
    best resident evil since 4, its actually scary and the setting and gameplay work perfectly together this is a must for any resident evil or horror genre fan
  7. Jan 24, 2017
    It's very well made game. It's a little short and the final boss sucked, but all in all, it's a solid entry in the series and a pretty cool VR experience.
  8. Jan 24, 2017
    The game is actually pretty great, and the similarity to the first three games (besides the view shift) is astounding. I feel like I'm exploring Spencer Mansion again except in a big plantation setting.

So far, the puzzles are pretty fun and though some may seem simple, make the player feel smart. The atmosphere is incredibly well-done, and returning fans will be glad to see that the

The atmosphere is incredibly well-done, and returning fans will be glad to see that the horror feeling of the original games has been reestablished quite nicely here. Although there are a few jump scares, it feels like they are done in the same vein as the original games, where due to fixed perspective, you may not see an enemy that's near you try to lunge or grab at you. This isn't necessarily a bad thing in my eyes, seeing as how that's how the games have always been, however, besides this there's another thing that manages to keep you on your toes.

The enemy encounters are really well-done, you could be expedient and take them out with a few headshots, or you could hack at their limbs to slow them and make a quick escape. You're basically stressed out the entire time because the game makes you quickly aware of how dangerous getting hit by one of these various monstrosities could be, it's a good feeling though, not a frustrating one that makes the game feel unfair.

The only parts that aren't too well done seem to be the bosses, some of them (won't mention which) have that classic campy/cheesy RE feel, but they are few and far between among the fun exploring and puzzle solving so it doesn't weigh down on the experience as much as one would expect.

I definitely recommend this game, to new fans and old ones as well.
  9. Jan 24, 2017
    Beautifully Horrific.

Resident Evil is back and better than ever. The series has finally returned to its classic roots and does it with a modern style that perfectly blends past resident evil with modern horror gaming. I wish I could give this game an 11/10

Instant Classic
  10. Jan 24, 2017
    Capcom thank you so much for bringing Resident Evil back to me! I've missed you so much. This is the best Resident Evil since 1 and 2. I love this game! And OMG play this in VR!!!
  11. Jan 24, 2017
    It has been quite some time since I've looked forward to a new Resident Evil game. But there was something about 7 which had caught my eye. Perhaps it was the sudden shift in tone and viewpoint, or maybe the quirkiness of its villains. But one thing that I had definitely noticed was a comeback to the world of survival horror.

Resident Evil 7, in my honest opinion, is a much needed

Resident Evil 7, in my honest opinion, is a much needed breath of fresh air for the franchise, after having living in the shadow of it's fourth installment. Gone are bombastic action sequences which would potentially make Michael Bay envious. Gone are the quick time events which had become so prevalent in the series. Instead, we are provided with the filthy horrors which lurk within the Baker Plantation.

The shift in view point has proven to be quite divisive amongst fans of the franchise. Some scoff at it with pure hatred, and others praise it for bringing something new to the table. I have to say I'm in the middle of the spectrum. I am interested as to what Capcom has planned for the next main installment, and hope they refine the first person controls (if they continue on with it.).

Gameplay is ripped straight out of classic Resident Evil titles, with numerous puzzles and some enemy encounters which will make one quite tense. Ammo is scarce, and you have to pick your battles wisely, or wind up some creatures next meal. Save rooms return, as do item boxes and an upgrade system. These provide a moment to catch your breath and decide what your next move should be.

Replayability is an issue I see sprouting up frequently. The game has three difficulty modes one can go through, with the third being unlockable. Trophies are there for whoever wants them. Hidden figurines populate the plantation, which beckon to be destroyed. There are bonuses for beating the game under certain requirements, such as new weaponry and infinite ammo. However, all you'll be getting is the story mode, with extra game modes and story episodes as dlc in the nearby future.

The story for the game doesn't bring anything new to the table. Rather, it chooses to play it simple snd safe. After Resident Evil 5 & 6, this was a great pallet cleanser. The story isn't bogged down by lore set by its predecessors, making 7 an excellent entry point for new comers. However, that isn't to say there aren't certain things sprinkled in to cater to veteran fans of the series.

All in all, Resident Evil 7 is a gem of a game. Fans of old school Resident Evil will feel right at home, and newer players will be able to jump right in. It is not without its faults, such as questionable sound design for some circumstances, and lack of extra modes. However, there is plenty to enjoy in the molding corridors of the Baker Estate.
  12. Jan 24, 2017
    Amazing. It is great to see that Resident Evil is back on horror. After Resident Evil 6, I was worried that this game was going to be a repeat, but I was happy to see less action and more horror.
  13. Jan 24, 2017
    Congratulations capcom! finally resident evil is back with more open survival horror gameplay potencial.i am so happy for this masterpiece 10/10 simple.let the failed fan boys and girls cry for hours in their cold bath .even if some of them try to create fake reviews without trying the game.its a must for every real fan and new comer for pc,xbox,ps4 and more ps4 for the awesome vr.the barCongratulations capcom! finally resident evil is back with more open survival horror gameplay potencial.i am so happy for this masterpiece 10/10 simple.let the failed fan boys and girls cry for hours in their cold bath .even if some of them try to create fake reviews without trying the game.its a must for every real fan and new comer for pc,xbox,ps4 and more ps4 for the awesome vr.the bar on the survival horror vr games getting higher.dont miss this. Expand
  14. Jan 24, 2017
    A genuinely terrifying game, the game puts you in a tense state straight from the get go. The first person was admittedly a gamble however, I felt it paid off substantially well. It's very reminiscent of the first few resi games i.e.; item management, complex puzzles and a lot of backtracking but now, you're burdened with the dread of the family members chasing you which totally enhancesA genuinely terrifying game, the game puts you in a tense state straight from the get go. The first person was admittedly a gamble however, I felt it paid off substantially well. It's very reminiscent of the first few resi games i.e.; item management, complex puzzles and a lot of backtracking but now, you're burdened with the dread of the family members chasing you which totally enhances the scare factor. The game itself doesn't use jump scares often rather, the morbid atmosphere and sounds are what make up the tension of the game. I had to pause the game at times just to take in on what just happened! or even just the atmosphere was too much.

There are a few mechanics which absolutely astounded me, I won't spoil but it was a random event in which an attack from an enemy caused Ethan's leg to be cut off. You're then in a state of last stand where you have to pick up the leg and use herbs to reattach it. I tried to make it happen again but alas, it was random. Its the small details like that which immersed me fully.

All in all, I'd highly recommend this game for any horror/resident evil fan.
  15. Jan 24, 2017
    First of all this is supposed to be fun!? I didn't know **** your pants and changing your underwear was part of the game. This game is **** terrifying... I could only play this **** for like an hour before I was covered in sweat and stressed the **** out.

They need to change the name of the game though to heart attack VR, this **** made me jump so bad that I legit got a cramp in my leg, I **** felt like that Peter Griffin GIF when he hurt his knee.

Idk if I'll ever beat this game to be honest because I'm terrified as a mother ****er to play it but I'll definitely jave a blast having other people play it that come over.
  16. Jan 24, 2017
    I had my doubts whether this would be good due to the critic reviews being held back, but I am very pleased to be able to say that this game is absolutely superb and everything I hoped it would be. Personally, I find it to be more exciting rather than terrifying, but that's not to say that the games eerie direction and sound design isn't on point to keep you on edge, it really is. TheI had my doubts whether this would be good due to the critic reviews being held back, but I am very pleased to be able to say that this game is absolutely superb and everything I hoped it would be. Personally, I find it to be more exciting rather than terrifying, but that's not to say that the games eerie direction and sound design isn't on point to keep you on edge, it really is. The violence is full on horror movie and makes for great viewing whilst playing. It's a showcase to play and is testament to how far gaming has come, but make no mistake, this game (brilliantly) somehow captures everything I felt playing resident evil for the first time 20 years ago- the excitement, the intrigue, the jumps, the surprises. It also has a really good pace and the graphics are the best I've seen so far on the ps4. A must buy for horror fans. Expand
  17. Jan 24, 2017
    Honestly this game is a great starting point for Capcom to reboot this tired franchise. It's scary, has nice graphic, good voice acting, has puzzle to solve, has interesting story and characters. I might be picky but I think the boss fight can be a little more satisfying, the game also lacking in monster variety, and I wish the "herb" healing item is in the game. Another thing that I wishHonestly this game is a great starting point for Capcom to reboot this tired franchise. It's scary, has nice graphic, good voice acting, has puzzle to solve, has interesting story and characters. I might be picky but I think the boss fight can be a little more satisfying, the game also lacking in monster variety, and I wish the "herb" healing item is in the game. Another thing that I wish they added to the game is DIY weapons, like you find parts here and there and then you have to make them into working weapon. Last complain is the VR really messed with your brain, make you extremely dizzy after an hour or two. Best played on a TV screen. I hope this success won't make Capcom lazy for the next installment, and rather become even more enthusiastic to create even better survival horror. 8.5/10 should be the right score for this game. Expand
  18. Jan 24, 2017
    Only a few word: Congratulations to all capcom team!! This is a Pure Resident Evil Game, Puzzles, enemys, boss battles, exploration, new mansion, this game deserves a wonderfull success, this is the future of Resident Evil franchice!! And again!! Congratulations Capcom for bring us this game to all the resident evil fans, thanks!!
  19. Jan 24, 2017
    A wonderful blend of horror and adventure. This is the game that is gonna divide the most hardcore Resident Evil fans but its a change that needed to happen
  20. Jan 24, 2017
    Actually a good and scary game! Sometimes the violence is a bit too gory/weird, but still overall tolerable and makes for an exciting game. I would recommend this game to any RE fan who liked RE 1-3.
  21. vgm
    Sep 14, 2017
    This game reminded me to the times when I played Resident Evil on PS1 but being much more immersive thanks to the first person perspective. The atmosphere is really creepy and the main enemies are some sort of Nemesis that you will encounter repeatedly. There is also a lot of puzzle solving, item searching, backtracking and ammo / item managing, which are elements that defined previousThis game reminded me to the times when I played Resident Evil on PS1 but being much more immersive thanks to the first person perspective. The atmosphere is really creepy and the main enemies are some sort of Nemesis that you will encounter repeatedly. There is also a lot of puzzle solving, item searching, backtracking and ammo / item managing, which are elements that defined previous instalments. I'd have loved that the story didn't end so abruptly and the connection with the rest of the series was explained in more detail. I like the direction that the series is taking. Expand
  22. Jan 26, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After playing RE5 and RE6, I thought there's no hope for Resident Evil series... but then this game came out. Absolutely amazing game and one of the best games of 2017. Writers really took turn to the right direction with this game, bringing back the elements of horror and almost completely abounding the elemnts of action, which is what I love.

Writers managed to write something brilliant as nice and loving family being infected with a virus just because they were kind enough to take the girl in. I know it's a sad story, but in horror games, and the plot twist at the end is the best thing ever.

I must say I was sceptical because of the first person perspective, but it did not let down, the game works perfectly in first person and I cannot imagine it being in third person.

To conclude, the game of the year and a total recommendation for any horror game lover!
  23. Sep 4, 2017
    Este es el juego que más me ha gustado hasta el momentode VR, si te gusta el suspenso, miedo, cosas asi, 100% recomendable te gustará, jugar con audifonos lo hace ideal y perfecto para sentirse en el mismo lugar, con el volumen al máximo te llevarás más de un susto! un 9 porque ponen muchos extras y todo eso deberia traerlo el juego ...
  24. Jan 23, 2018
    Resident Evil 7 is a survival horror game developed by Capcom, and is apart of the Resident Evil series.

With introductions aside, let me say that this is the first Resident Evil game I have sat down and played. I didn’t purchase this game, I rented it. I’ve been reading the reviews for this game both positive and negative, and would like to discuss things I found in the reviews alongside my own review.

The game is stunning graphically, and the sounds are refined. The first 30 minutes were definitely the scariest time I had in my playthrough. The ambience is excellent coupled with the unsureness of when you’ll be scared next. I enjoyed the first person view, and I’m seeing this is a first for the series. A reviewer stated that the first person view was frustrating because you can’t judge the speed in which the enemy is chasing you–That’s the point! This is a horror title, do expect to know what’s going on?

There are many puzzles in the game, which at times can be slightly frustrating as I used a guide once or so, but once you get the hang of the game you’ll understand better. There are mini stories in the form of VHS tapes which adds different terrifying scenarios whilst playing. The combat was exciting at first but I must admit, it was boring towards the end seeing as there really is only one true enemy type. The bosses were memorable, though the character you play isn’t. There are some holes within the game that when I played, it seemed alright, but after reading a review pointing things out, it kind of hit me. As long as you aren’t as nitpicky as I am, it shouldn’t affect you any, just minor story points that should’ve been fleshed out.

Overall, I do recommend the game, but I don’t recommend you buy it. Unless you plan on buying the dlc, renting it for even a day can give you the game’s full experience. People compare this to Outlast which I can understand, but they are definitely different experiences. At least in this game there isn’t a terribly dreadful ‘turn the power back on’ mission.
  25. Nov 7, 2017
    My only problem with this game is the length of the game. It could have been longer - but truly, this is the first Resident Evil game in quite some time to make me feel actually scared - whether it be because of the absolutely horrific things that happen or the well timed jump scares. Sure, the inventory system is a little frustrating at times, but to be honest, this is the best RE hasMy only problem with this game is the length of the game. It could have been longer - but truly, this is the first Resident Evil game in quite some time to make me feel actually scared - whether it be because of the absolutely horrific things that happen or the well timed jump scares. Sure, the inventory system is a little frustrating at times, but to be honest, this is the best RE has been since RE4. I was not disappointed, and it leaves me eager to see what Capcom has in store for the series. Expand
  26. Feb 2, 2018
    I played this on a standard PS4, not in VR nor on a Pro.

Resident Evil 7 has two inspirations in its reinvention: the trend of First Person horror games in the last decade and itself. By that, I’m referring to the original game and its remake – both in its setting and level design. Most of it works, but there are some issues. Most of the game feels reminiscent of those earlier
    I played this on a standard PS4, not in VR nor on a Pro.

Most of the game feels reminiscent of those earlier titles. Item examination, elaborate puzzles, backtracking and long stretches of inaction – even the life meter is a call back to the original. Combat also harkens back to the fight or flight scenarios common before the action focussed redirection the series took. Movement however, is clumsy during tense moments as your character can barely run. To articulate, it’s akin to the uneven trot one breaks into when they’re 95% sure they’ll catch the bus in time, but just want to be sure. No contextual reason is given for this and I wonder if it’s associated with VR. Ultimately, it’s more frustrating than it is frightening. Aiming is somewhat difficult too, but this design choice succeeds in creating tension due to a focus on ammo preservation.

The story is mostly compelling, although most survival horror narratives are to a degree as they rely on mystery and building dread. It’s sometimes campy and sometimes earnest as in parts the series is known for, but it kept me intrigued. The third act however, I found underwhelming - not terrible, just mundane and I feel they missed an opportunity in the characterisation of the chief antagonist. Character development has never been a strong point in the series though, so perhaps that’s too harsh.

The voice cast is a mixed bag also. All but one of the family are very well executed whereas the rest are the common middling quality of most AAA titles and lastly the main character is…well, he sounds bored to be frank. I suppose it stands out more in to the contrast to the tone of the rest of the cast.

I recommend the game if you have a sentimental spot for the gameplay and tone of the PS One/GameCube titles. If you’re not familiar with those but enjoy survival horror games, you might find something here too. Personally, I was rarely scared outside of one section near a boss encounter. I was often alert and generally cautious, but not to the point that I would dread traversing from room to room. In short, an encouraging reinvention that is neither the best nor worst the series has offered but is certainly on an upward tangent.
  27. Dec 10, 2018
    For me this is teh 1st RE i ever played and so far best! (I played other later)
  28. Jan 26, 2019
    a gret return to the origins of the series. Capcom did a very good job doind this new face and also respecting the past of the franchise.
  29. Feb 20, 2019
    Un maravilloso retorno a los viejos resident evil con una estetica muy buena y oscura,juego corto pero rejugable y al completarlo buenas recompensas como armas infinitas,una sierra,zapatos y cosas que mejoran al personaje, sin duda un respiro de aire fresco para la saga
  30. Feb 23, 2019
    After the abysmal RE6, Capcom at last listened to fans, with an episode that truly goes back to the serie’s roots! Puzzles, keys, storage boxes, save rooms, scary atmosphere.. there are many things that recall RE1, while managing to stay fresh with a stunning new FPS game engine. It’s also the most terrifying and brutal game in the series yet ! While not as revolutionary as RE1 and RE4 inAfter the abysmal RE6, Capcom at last listened to fans, with an episode that truly goes back to the serie’s roots! Puzzles, keys, storage boxes, save rooms, scary atmosphere.. there are many things that recall RE1, while managing to stay fresh with a stunning new FPS game engine. It’s also the most terrifying and brutal game in the series yet ! While not as revolutionary as RE1 and RE4 in their time, RE7 is a great evolution for the series and an epic horror game! Expand
  31. Apr 21, 2019
    Resident Evil 7 VR has been one of the most horrifying video game experiences of my life. I just loved the setting, characters and game-play so much (especially in VR, wow!), The First Person perspective just fits perfectly in my opinion, it retained the feel of classic RE while also modernizing it, for the first time in a long time I found a RE game scary again!

It also checks the box

It also checks the box that the best REs do for me which is feeling like one day I could just go "Why don't I do a run of RE (insert number here)", It's a game I don't really get tired of, like my other favorite Resident Evil games.
  32. Jun 6, 2019
    STORY: 8/10

GRAPHICS: 9/10

SOUND: 9/10

GAMEPLAY: 9/10
  33. Mar 13, 2017
    I love the new direction.As with RE4( one of the best games ever made),a shift in direction brings Capcom back into the game.Yes,it's way too short and can feel like an extended demo but the future now looks bright for survival horror.Triple the length,add some more enemies and locations and the sequel has the potential to be a masterpiece!
  34. Apr 8, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Here's my review of Resident Evil 7: Biohazard:
    Story - In the beginning it showed no reference of Resident Evil until the end. They didn't say anything Resident Evil like T-Virus, Nemesis Virus, Zombies or any other characters from any Resident Evil, though there is a magazine that shows the destruction of Raccoon city and some monsters and Bosses presenting themselves like the previous Resident Evil games. But overall the story is very well connected of what was going on when playing the game. The game wasn't scary beside them always popping up right in front of you, this feels very cringe especially people who have a phobia of bugs. Although it felt like I was playing Outlast then Resident Evil.
    Gameplay - The gameplay is what represents Resident Evil. When you find herbs and chemical bags to combine them into first aid bottles and also getting ammo and reserving them shows that element of Resident Evil. Even killing monsters with a knife feels satisfying just like all resident evil games.
    Mechanics - Easy to learn. But it would be better if the player has the ability to melee monsters and boxes while holding a weapon, though it will look and act like a Call of Duty Game.
    Conclusion - The Story should show more references in cutscenes and give the players the euphoria back in the days of Resident Evil. Gameplay and Mechanic were spot on. If you were looking forward to this game being Resident Evil, don't give your hopes up as this is game is trying to be PT mixed with Outlast but it doesn't mean this game is bad because it's still overall fun to play especially the DLC that is coming out soon.
    Final Verdict:
  35. Jan 28, 2017
    At first glance this doesn't even feel like a Resident Evil game. The classic RE characters are nowhere to be seen, and there are no zombies in sight. Without a few recycled puzzles from the previous games and an occasional reference, you would never guess you're playing Resident Evil. Despite all that, I'm gonna say this is the best Resident Evil since the PS1 era.

The environments are

The environments are beautiful and disgusting all at once. Great use of light and shadows intuitively guides you through the levels, and memorable set pieces ensure you don't get lost despite the maze-like structure of the buildings. The atmosphere is dark and oppressive, with great pacing and build-up leading to rather scarce but all the more powerful jump scares. The monsters are disturbing yet cool, and the sound design is simply fantastic. More than once did this game make me wish I owned a VR headset - and simultaneously feel grateful for not having one. I also particularly appreciated the VHS mechanic that foreshadows future events. It's smart and very well done. Add to it great, responsive controls and you have one fine game on your hands.

If you're a survival horror fan, this is a must-play title for you. Yes, it's a little short (hence the 9 instead of 10), but it's intense and really, really fun. It just makes me a little sad. If this game is so good, imagine what Silent Hills could've been like if Konami didn't cancel it. I'm just glad Capcom stepped in and filled the void.
  36. Apr 10, 2017
    I have always been a fan of the resident evil series from the start. This installment goes back to it's true horror roots, abd throws in the puzzles that the early installments are famous for . It takes influence from horror movies such as texas chainsaw massacre. You spend the first half of the game on edge, hoping not to get caught by the Baker family. This game also includes plenty ofI have always been a fan of the resident evil series from the start. This installment goes back to it's true horror roots, abd throws in the puzzles that the early installments are famous for . It takes influence from horror movies such as texas chainsaw massacre. You spend the first half of the game on edge, hoping not to get caught by the Baker family. This game also includes plenty of action, taking the best parts from the later installments of RE 4, 5 & 6. Really getting a chance to blow stuff up.
    Although RE2 has a special place in my heart, even I must admit that this is the best out of the series.
  37. Jan 24, 2017
    Resident Evil 7 finally brings back what we fans wanted for the franchise. A solid game of terror. Okay, okay, the game is in first person, which caused a lot of anger in the older fans of the series. But even in first person, the game is a solid Resident Evil. Obviously, the game has its faults, such as repetition at certain times, for example, to go and come back at all times to solveResident Evil 7 finally brings back what we fans wanted for the franchise. A solid game of terror. Okay, okay, the game is in first person, which caused a lot of anger in the older fans of the series. But even in first person, the game is a solid Resident Evil. Obviously, the game has its faults, such as repetition at certain times, for example, to go and come back at all times to solve that puzzle.

The gore in this game is in large amounts, blood spouting all over the screen, mutilations and things that would make RE7 easily a first class slash movie!

The story is not one of the best but the plot is consistent, unlike the plot of Resident Evil 6, which is forced, the plot of RE7 follows the same line and opens more and more doors with more revelations that leave your jaw dropped.

References to the classic series, such as the painting of the Arkley Mountains, the puzzles, the scenario, the locked combat, references to the characters in the files and a remarkable character in the end that is sure to rip off his pants.

Music creates a tense environment, activated at right times. Along with the high quality sound of the game, a great mix of Capcom.

The graphics are not so beautiful because of the VR feature, but the game performance compensates for this, 1080p at 60fps on all platforms.

Resident Evil 7 is a landmark in the franchise and a fresh start for what had sunk, obviously the older fans will refuse this game, but it deserves a chance. It's a great horror game and a even better Resident Evil

This review was written in English and translated by Google Translate.
  38. Jan 24, 2017
    Finally a return to form! This made me feel the same that RE4 did years ago in PS2. Don't get me wrong, it's nothing like RE4 but it feels fresh and different.
  39. Jan 28, 2017
    This is a great game, and a return to form for RE series. Sure, there are a few things I would have liked, such as more enemy types. However, this doesn't void the amazing experience I had with this game.

I can't wait to see what they do with RE8, this franchise is finally back on my radar.
  40. Mar 10, 2017
    First things first: When I read Capcom was going back to their horror roots with REVII I thought "Yeah, right, fat chance..."

I had no faith whatsoever in this game, but I bought it because I wanted a AAA game to play with my shinny PSVR headset. Well, that did not went well. After 2 hours playing the game in PSVR I decided I am too much of a coward to go through it, I almost died 5

Well, that did not went well.
    After 2 hours playing the game in PSVR I decided I am too much of a coward to go through it, I almost died 5 times of a heart attack.
    So, I put both away.
    Then, I had a plan: finish the game in normal mode, to know where the scares are, then do it again in VR.
    Well, first thing: the game is at least 50% less scary in normal mode, even playing in 49 inches 4K curve HDR TV.
    But, I got tell you guys, it is still scary, scream in horror scary.
    Now I am 7 hours into. That because I stop after for a rest, a brain rest mind you, cause the game is so well crafted that I fear it could drive me insane if I went right through it.
    When I was a teenager I played Silent Hill. And after finishing it, I had nightmares about it.
    I got say: I dreamed about RE7 4 times already, and the scenes, sounds and even music stay with me: it is a masterpiece.
    So, I think it is the most amazing horror game I ever played in my life, and no matter how much it sells, it is less than it deserves.

One thing though: beware playing it in VR, it is almost dangerous if you have a heart condition.
    I am so amazed.
  41. Jul 19, 2017
    To be honest, the main reason I got interested in this game was because one of the writers who worked on the excellent Spec Ops: The Line was involved with this new Resident Evil game. And this game does a good job of returning to the roots of this franchise. First off, the graphics are very impressive. This game does a good job of utilizing current gen technology to deliver a greatTo be honest, the main reason I got interested in this game was because one of the writers who worked on the excellent Spec Ops: The Line was involved with this new Resident Evil game. And this game does a good job of returning to the roots of this franchise. First off, the graphics are very impressive. This game does a good job of utilizing current gen technology to deliver a great looking game. Second, the game makes you feel scared and vulnerable by only giving you a handful of weapons to defend yourself with, and super powered enemies to go up against. Not to mention the funny yet also atmospheric writing that, a lot of the time, expresses what the player is thinking and feeling. Overall, Resident Evil 7 is a great, horror fueled experience. Expand
  42. Mar 17, 2017
    Resident Evil 7 is absolutely fantastic. After the last few underwhelming titles of the Resident Evil series, this completely changes the gameplay and focuses a lot more on horror. After the fantastic demo, I had very high expectations for this game, and it definitely delivered.

The story is very compelling and interesting, the voice acting is great (for the most part), the combat is heart-racing and teeth-wrenching, and there are clever nods to other characters from the franchise. Overall, one of the best horror games I've ever played.
  43. Mar 1, 2017
  44. Jun 4, 2017
    + Terrifying and comeback gameplay
    + Excellent sound design
    + Superb voice acting
    +Great solve puzzles

- Some plot points aren't deserved to they should do
    - No many extras for standard edition

It's the most enjoyable horror game you’ve ever played.
  45. Mar 13, 2017
    Resident Evil 7 is a really interesting comeback to the survival horror genre for Capcom. The game really transmits sensations that we did not feel for more than 10 years with this saga and that is worth admiring. May not be the best Resident Evil plot or the best characters, but the family of monsters that chases us throughout the game makes us keep the pulsations always high.
  46. Mar 2, 2017
    The game is fun and exciting. It is not very scary (at least for me). The ending was disappointing, long, slow and bad. I would give the game 9 points if not the ending. Final boss fight was very short. The game is still good! Played it in 6-8 hours.
  47. Mar 3, 2017
    Best RE ever made, short but awesome! Thanks for this CAPCOM you made a excelent JOB! Pra quem achou ruim façam melhor, porque isso é Resident Evil SIM PORRA! BIRLLLLLLLLL
  48. Mar 12, 2017
    Im hard pressed to find something i didnt like about this game. I played in both VR and normal screen and the Vr mode was absolutely amazing, Ive read people saying it was glitchy in VR but I had no problems what so ever and the graphics were still amazing. I highly recomment VR if u can. Either way the first play through took me about 13 hours to complete. I didnt rush, i explored asIm hard pressed to find something i didnt like about this game. I played in both VR and normal screen and the Vr mode was absolutely amazing, Ive read people saying it was glitchy in VR but I had no problems what so ever and the graphics were still amazing. I highly recomment VR if u can. Either way the first play through took me about 13 hours to complete. I didnt rush, i explored as thats what i like to do. The gunplay was good,(even better in VR) graphics were a 10. This game feels like Resident Evil 1 except in 1st person. highly immersive, story was great, and scares aplenty. My wife couldnt even watch me play as she kept having near anxiety attacks. This is the resident evil Ive been waiting for for years. I wish there were more in common with the old characters and stories but from what i read it does tie in and the future free DLC with Chris Redfield will tie it together more. Cant wait to see what they have in store next. Amazing!!! Expand
  49. Mar 15, 2017
    one of if not the best horror games of all time i was on the edge of my seat the entire game if i could get rid of all my knowledge just to experience it again i would 10/10
  50. Nov 20, 2018
    My first Resident Evil game after Resident Evil 4 on the Wii, I bought a copy of Resident Evil 7 Gold Edition for the PS4 Pro with VR. It is a totally gross experience. You are IN the house, being stalked by people and if not careful enough being sawed open by a chain saw. The sound, the atmosphere are so good. The VR gives a totally new experience to Resident Evil. You can actually lookMy first Resident Evil game after Resident Evil 4 on the Wii, I bought a copy of Resident Evil 7 Gold Edition for the PS4 Pro with VR. It is a totally gross experience. You are IN the house, being stalked by people and if not careful enough being sawed open by a chain saw. The sound, the atmosphere are so good. The VR gives a totally new experience to Resident Evil. You can actually look around corners and hide behind crates. I love that it is a bit more 'believable' story. No zombies, but more a 'The hills have eyes' approach. It is not a 10 for me because I can't save everywhere. You always have to find a cassette player to store the current progress. If you have a PS4 (Pro) with PSVR, RE7 is a MUST HAVE. Expand
  51. Jan 25, 2017
    As a huge fan of Resident Evil 1 and Resident Evil 4, I have to say that Capcom did an incredible job bringing back the series to it's survival horror roots. While I am only 4 hours through the game, I will separate what I love from what I hated, and update the review further as I progress.

*Pros - The game gives you the illusion of safety through high ammo counts, but as soon as

*Pros

- The game gives you the illusion of safety through high ammo counts, but as soon as Jack or the molded enemies appear, you go through ammo so fast without even realizing it, leading you to helplessly run or stand your ground, pull out your knife, and do it the old fashioned way.

- Puzzles are back, and although most are not nearly as complex as previous examples, they are always satisfying to solve and never make you feel dumb or frustrated.

- Jack, the "daddy" of the family, is one scary ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. He's relentless, and doesn't let up unless you cap him in the head a few times, or in the body multiple times. His dialogue is great, and sometimes even lessens the tension with his humor, before he smacks you with his shovel to get you serious again. He's unpredictable, and isn't just out to kill you, but taunt and toy with you as well.

- Detail inside of the house is beautifully horrifying, from it's hallways covered in mold to it's dinner tables covered in entrails, the Baker house is always keeping you on the edge of your seat.

- Plenty of collectibles to find during your journey, and some of them reward you greatly if you can find enough! Also, lockpicks are a big part in this game, but are very limited. So you need to pick and choose what you decide to unlock. You usually end up in a situation where there are 3 things you need to unlock, but you only have one lockpick.

- PC optimization is great! Plenty of graphics options, uncapped framerate, Gsync support for the real enlightened PC gamers out there, as well as resolutions up to 4K and HBAO+ AO for Nvidia users.

*Cons

- Some character models kind of look odd. Something about Marguerite Baker in particular just looks out of place. Her face looks like shes had 500 plastic surgeries done and it's just ugly to look at. I'm not sure if that's what they were going for, but I wish it was a little better.

- Sometimes it's just TOO ♥♥♥♥ing dark. Like I want to play on the recommended brightness, but it makes item discovery 10x harder when you can barely see. I don't know why the flashlight is something only the game can turn on instead of something you can turn on and off whenever you please.

- There are some textures that really look awful. I thought the PC version would alleviate this, but a PC can only put as much effort in as the developers did. Still better on PC with high refresh rates, game runs like butter.

Overall, I am totally LOVING this game so far. I think it's absolutely phenomenal and worth every penny. Please don't hold out and risk getting spoiled! If you're interested, buy it now.

5 hours in, Resident Evil VII is a clear 10/10 for me. Here's to hoping something further down the line won't ruin that for me.
  52. Jan 25, 2017
    I am shocked to see 139 negatives (so far). This game is fantastic. Extremely creative it oozes "try" and "effort" but in the best possible ways. Every floorboard is detailed, every can rusted seemingly naturally - and thus washing away the old anti-RE complaints from a generation ago "but it's all pre-rendered!". I was disappointed with RE 4 and all subsequent games. They were not scary.I am shocked to see 139 negatives (so far). This game is fantastic. Extremely creative it oozes "try" and "effort" but in the best possible ways. Every floorboard is detailed, every can rusted seemingly naturally - and thus washing away the old anti-RE complaints from a generation ago "but it's all pre-rendered!". I was disappointed with RE 4 and all subsequent games. They were not scary. They didn't cause fear, they were action games.

This game is scary, immersive, and highly recommended.
  53. Jan 24, 2017
    A great revamp of the series. Every so often a game series goes through an identity crisis, and thus change is needed. Yes the first person element is new, but It works really well. This game is real survival horror, and while it didnt scare me towards the end of the game, the atmosphere is presents had me putting my controller down for a bit
  54. Jan 29, 2017
    Beat 100 percent in VR. Shows promise for future AAA titles that it can be done. VR definitely enhanced the overall experience and is a critical feature no one should ignore. The full 360 viewing angle is a life changing mechanic. The artistry that Capcom has pulled off in past RE classics is still present here, and viewing it with an added layer of realism compares to some very vividBeat 100 percent in VR. Shows promise for future AAA titles that it can be done. VR definitely enhanced the overall experience and is a critical feature no one should ignore. The full 360 viewing angle is a life changing mechanic. The artistry that Capcom has pulled off in past RE classics is still present here, and viewing it with an added layer of realism compares to some very vivid nightmares I've been haunted by ever since I was a kid.

Not only did this game innovate in a lot of ways, it brought back all of the core features from the original games. The Tyrant old man transforms into a creature similar to Nemesis and chases you throughout a grisly mansion. Was not expecting this game to resemble the classics so closely. It holds the spirit of the originals all the way down to the similar locations and events that took place in Racoon City.

A notable let down here is that we only get a small variety of enemy types. Would have been a 10/10 if we got some zombies, dogs, hunters, sharks, and giant spiders. Also if load times didn't suck so bad and all cut scenes had a skip feature.

Really hoping the announced Resident Evil 2 Remake will go full VR and include7's FPS viewing angle. As an added bonus they should include the psx version.
  55. Jan 25, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. *** This review wont spoil the ending but I will mention a couple of characters that, if you haven't played the game or watched any trailers, might spoil the experience for you. ***

First of, this is a good looking game and it's doing a terrific job at keeping you on your toes and scare the **** out of you when you least expect it. The claustrophobic experience is somewhat similar to the one you find in Alien:Isolation and there are many times you feel that you are hunted. However, it's clear that the game is "cheating", teleporting characters around the place, which kills some of the vibe. The story is intriguing with a horrific atmosphere, interesting characters, FANTASTIC voiceovers (except for one) and there are several objects in the world that may help you unravel the plot.

Unfortunately, you play as Ethan, who is a pretty stupid guy. I know I know, protagonists in scary movies are experts in making the wrong decisions (hey, I'm gonna walk into this scary house all by myself AND oh look a ladder to the basement, I should totally climb down! and so forth). What I wanna say is this; when you're watching a film with stupid characters, you can facepalm while in a game, YOU're the dumb one, and your own decisionmaking probably doesn't cope very well with the character you are controlling. While I've mentioned the terrific voiceovers, Ethan is not one of them, as he seems rather chill with all the **** that happens around him, and you really want to punch him in the throat as he is having the conversation with the deputy.

The game also contains tomb-raider like puzzles, which just doesn't fit with the rest of setting and some obstacles are just plain dumb, like the duct tape that requires a knife to cut through.

As many other already pointed out, it is highly questionable if this should carry the Resident Evil seal, but as a horror game, it does a fine job at keeping you stressed out and it is definitely nothing for the faint hearted and therefore, I recommend it.
  56. Jan 28, 2017
    RE 7 is awesome. Scary,challenging (especially on madhouse mode) and has things that belongs to resident evil series franchise.
    Move from third person view was a bold move and it has succeed. Gameplay is balanced perfectly. Firstly, I was frustrated by speed of Ethan's movements but later I realized that speed is perfect and it makes sense to get tension and it looks like its exactly same movement speed from old RE, however I am not 100% sure. Combat is nice and challenging at times. Game has awesome replaying value. Story is interesting and until the end you are wondering how is everything is gonna to stuck up with original story. And I loved Baker family. They so mad and each of them has insane personality.
    I dont like only couple things. Game is clearly lucking hard mode. It has easy, normal and madhouse. Normal is not challenging after first completion and madhouse is too hard to enjoy at times. And I think basic enemies are so generic and not interesting.
    But I am so satisfied overall.
    Welcome To The Family, Son!
  57. Jan 28, 2017
    This is classic Resident Evil, only now it's in the first person. It has most of the elements of the old games and a few new ones the turn it into the best RE game to date, in this reviewer's humble opinion. The first person perspective adds a heavy dose of suspense and the news characters are well fleshed out through classic RE files and documents laying around the game. By the end of theThis is classic Resident Evil, only now it's in the first person. It has most of the elements of the old games and a few new ones the turn it into the best RE game to date, in this reviewer's humble opinion. The first person perspective adds a heavy dose of suspense and the news characters are well fleshed out through classic RE files and documents laying around the game. By the end of the game, I felt sorry for most everyone involved in the whole mess. I am a massive fan of the series, and Capcom made the perfect mix of old and new. Expand
  58. Jan 28, 2017
    An amazing return to form for the franchise. Even without VR, the game is highly immersive as you explore and scavenge throughout the Baker estate. The fantastic story fits neatly within the Resident Evil universe as you fight new monstrosities that are both resilient and absolutely terrifying. A must play for any horror fan, as well as fans of the classic Resident Evil series.
  59. Jan 26, 2017
    wa wa wa this isn't a normal resident evil game, i'm gona send an angry letter to capcom written on the tissue I used to wipe my tears. Why do these fanboys care so much that it has the RE title? The fact that they are so salty swayed my vote from around an 8 to a 10. If you couldn't see from the demo or trailer that this wasn't a standard RE game that just baffles me, in fact i'm surewa wa wa this isn't a normal resident evil game, i'm gona send an angry letter to capcom written on the tissue I used to wipe my tears. Why do these fanboys care so much that it has the RE title? The fact that they are so salty swayed my vote from around an 8 to a 10. If you couldn't see from the demo or trailer that this wasn't a standard RE game that just baffles me, in fact i'm sure you never played it at all and are just bitter that it isn't the generic RE game you're used to.

The game mechanics weren't the best with the tedious inventory management i'll admit that but the atmosphere created through visual and audio attention to detail had my skin crawling the entire game. Maybe not the best resident evil game but certainly the scariest in my opinion.
  60. Jan 28, 2017
    Resident evil 7 is a huge success to the survival horror genera and give's an excellent come back the the trilogy. This was the best Res game since RES 4, and this is coming from a huge fan. oh yeah the last five minutes.... just whoa.
  61. Jan 24, 2017
    Resident Evil VII: Biohazard First Impressions

Resident Evil VII: Biohazard First Impressions

As some of you may know I am huge fan of the Resident Evil Series and have been since inception circa 1996. The series has seen its highs, namely RE2, RE3, RE4, and of course the REmaster of the original. And it's certainly seen its fair share of lows including RE6, Operation Raccoon City, and Umbrella Corps. The series best known for survival horror had devolved over time and eventually became a Michael Bay 3rd person COD game with terrible mechanics and an even worse story.

Fast forward to the present. This week REVII launched with High anxiety and low expectations from RE fans across the world. Capcom announced the "reboot" of the series shortly after that failed RE6 release. And until recently much of REVII remained a mystery. Once revealed the reaction from fans was extremely varied and most would say underwhelming and disappointing.

For those who have not yet played the final release, I am happy to report that RE is back, and in a BIG way! Now sure, the core series characters we've come to love may not be present in this latest release. And quite frankly, that's the best part! Our hero's from yesteryear were battle tested and have seen it all. Tyrants, Nemesis, Mr. X, ZOMBIES, lickers, granados, and the list goes on. Our new protagonist is shaken, vulnerable, unsure, and scared to death. Which is a great way to describe my first 4 hours into the game...lol

Man, did I mention that the Baker family is nuts?!?! Set in the Louisiana bayou, the game begins and carries a level of mystery and tension that can be cut with a knife. You are immediately thrust into the fight with little or nothing to go on other than you are searching for your wife that was thought to be missing or dead for the last 3 years. The enviorments are dripping with detail and mystery. And the characters immediately begin to capture your eye and imagination. What happened to this family and how did we end up here?

Weapons are limited and ammo is sparse. Initially the enviorments are tight, and eventually open up. Classic nods to the series including door specific keys, herbs, save rooms, puzzles ( wish there were more ), and strategic boss fights await. The graphics are great and the sounds...well let's just say...the enviorments are the shining star of this sequel. They create a surreal atmosphere ripped straight from the pages of classic horror films while still creating an identity all its own.

While it's not perfect, I must say I am completely infatuated with the game and I am looking forward to uncovering the mysteries of the Baker family plantation. I love the depth and thought put into the characters, and can appreciate the fantastic level design and crafting mechanic.This game is not for everyone. But for those looking for a classic survival horror experience that may leave a seat cushion or two damp...this one's for you.

In addition:

Not without its faults. While puzzles have returned, they are a bit too easy and predictable. And the same can be said for the new enemies "the molded". A higher level or difficulty and more intricate puzzles would have been welcome. And more varied enemies are needed. However we can look forward to 3 additional pieces of DLC starting to hit as soon as next week. 2 new tapes, and 1 full story add on. I am hopeful Capcom will address some of these issues. With that said, I believe they are most certainly on the right track and dare I say the road to redemption with the RE franchise.
  62. Jan 25, 2017
    This is Resident Evil. Resident Evil was the first game I had for my PS One and RE7 has captured that same experience that I felt 20 years ago. The VR works really well, probably the best VR experience of any game. The only negative is the hair graphics are a bit jagged if you get too close. The rest of the graphics look good and detailed. The combat system is good and I have no problemThis is Resident Evil. Resident Evil was the first game I had for my PS One and RE7 has captured that same experience that I felt 20 years ago. The VR works really well, probably the best VR experience of any game. The only negative is the hair graphics are a bit jagged if you get too close. The rest of the graphics look good and detailed. The combat system is good and I have no problem using it in VR. Expand
  63. Jan 28, 2017
    RE7: biohazard is a return to form to the franchise and one of the best game of this generation. The fact that there are a lot of haters of this game is perplexing. Then again, I've been a fan of this series for years, and many of the younger fans only knew RE as a third person action game, not as a survival horror game. The Bakers became one of the series best villains since Nemesis manyRE7: biohazard is a return to form to the franchise and one of the best game of this generation. The fact that there are a lot of haters of this game is perplexing. Then again, I've been a fan of this series for years, and many of the younger fans only knew RE as a third person action game, not as a survival horror game. The Bakers became one of the series best villains since Nemesis many years ago. Scary, unhinged and completely unpredictable, they stalk you throughout the game, and give you some of the best scares of your gaming life. The switch to 1st perspective creates another revolution, similar to what RE did with RE4. Bottom line, great game and a must buy. Expand
  64. Jan 30, 2017
    There is a saying that goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I believe that was Capcom's motto for succeeding Resident Evil iterations after the success of the fourth in the mainline series.

Fast forward to this time of writing, it turns out that motto did more wrong than good--as Resident Evil 5 and 6, though commercial wonders, hurt the series for straying too far away from its roots.

So Capcom made a decision to make a fresh start in the form of Resident Evil (7): Biohazard. This is the sequel that should have been after loud outcries were made in reaction to Resident Evil 5's inevitable new direction. Better late than never they say, as the newest entry in the series not only goes back to its roots, it also wraps the best qualities of Resident Evil 1, 3 and 4 in a very compelling package.

The game brilliantly adopts the strengths of its prime predecessors and works them into a fine synergy. This means you'll be wandering a residence (pun intended), dogged by a nemesis-like antagonist, while conserving your resources for some of the most gruesome boss fights in Resident Evil history. Puzzles are back, but they are neither too tough nor very interesting.

One thing that might discourage (die-hard) fans from playing this game, however, is the change in camera perspective. For the first time in the main series, you will have to brave Resident Evil's horrors in first person view. That's kinda scary for some, but, the truth of the matter is, this crucial change only works for the overall greatness of the game.

In terms of story, Resident Evil 7 is more grounded and believable. The game is wonderfully paced, so much so that you will be left wanting to continue playing simply to uncover more truths to the slowly unraveling mystery surrounding the Baker family.

There's no online or multiplayer mode to speak of this time around, so replay value is exclusive to the game's solo campaign--a solo campaign that once has been Resident Evil's strength, which now again is.

Have fun with this game, and God bless all!
  65. Jan 28, 2017
    After Resident Evil 6 i was starting to worry about the series future, but thankfully CAPCOM is still capable of doing a great Resident Evil game and even better, it has a lot in common with the first entry, even with the first person perspective. The setting and mood are very similar, and not only that, the Rambo style gunshot is gone and it plays like a modern take on classic ResidentAfter Resident Evil 6 i was starting to worry about the series future, but thankfully CAPCOM is still capable of doing a great Resident Evil game and even better, it has a lot in common with the first entry, even with the first person perspective. The setting and mood are very similar, and not only that, the Rambo style gunshot is gone and it plays like a modern take on classic Resident Evil gameplay. That means you'll be backtracking a lot searching for keys that gains access to different areas or searching for hidden items; analyzing every corner of the mansion searching clues to solve puzzles or elements like photos, books and piece of papers that provide plot information; and of course, lot of scare moments.

By the way, the first hours are the most intense and frighting moments of the whole game. Dad Jack chases you in a similar way done in ''Alien Isolation''. You never feel safe, except when you're inside a safe room(again, classic Resident Evil stuff).

The only real letdown i had with this game is the protagonist, Ethan. I don't know why he's so underdeveloped. We don't even have a chance to see what his face is like or get any more background information about him. Plays as him felt almost like playing with a NPC.

I also have some reservations about the enemies design. Besides the Baker Family, they lack variety, originality (most of them look like the ones you see in RE Revelations) and don't like anything that match the frightening looks of the Tyrant, Giant Snake or Neptune.

Besides that, i'm very pleased. Resident Evil 7 looks great, it's scary and fun. I do recommend it for newcomers and fans, even with the lack of connection to the old games story wise (almost none, except at the very end). I didn't play using the VR accessory, so can't say anything about it, but i heard nice stuff about it.
  66. Feb 5, 2017
    As a quality survival horror game, Resident Evil 7 is an enormous success. It is both scary and challenging, encouraging you to avoid most enemies to preserve ammo and meds for when you really need it. I've also never found a single glitch or framerate drop in it. It is the best survival horror game I've played in years.

As a Resident Evil game, it is mostly still a success. Even though

As a Resident Evil game, it is mostly still a success. Even though there are hardly any real connections to the rest of the series, it really plays like an old-school Resident Evil game for the most part, just with a first person angle. That was Capcom's real priority, was the gameplay and bringing it back to its roots of survival.
  67. Jan 30, 2017
    I played this game in VR and must say it is great in both VR and regular. The horror and eery feeling stays with you throughout and you stay hooked throughout the game. Perfect survival game that makes you feel helpless and yet allows for weapons to be useful still. I hate horror games and jump scares, but this game has convinced me to change my opinion. Must buy in my opinion.
  68. Apr 3, 2017
    Rating: 93

Rating: 93

I have been a fan of the Resident Evil franchise since I was a kid. I remember playing the 2nd Resident Evil game when I was only 9. Watching the series change over the years in different styles of gameplay has absolutely amazed me. I love the fact that I can go and play Resident Evil titles and they would have different gameplay. I made this point in my review to Final Fantasy XV with changes in gameplay for a more fresh approach in a game series as the titles are now adding up.

Obviously all of us were not a fan of Capcom's effort in 2012 with the hopeful blockbuster survival horror, Resident Evil 6. I had troubles with the game and I am more so on the optimistic side of games. I like the way Capcom stepped back and looked into the series and did something different. I am a fan of the game's design and gameplay itself.

Moving from being some super hero character to someone with citizen ability but with knowledge on how to use a weapon is outstanding! It shows helplessness when you fail or when you die and shows true horror at its finest. I think Ethan is infected and I do apologize if i am spoiling. I am a fan of how they continue to really make you look around for supplies and treasures.

The BAKER family was outstanding! I am a huge fan of the somewhat antagonists of the game as they are CREEPY. I like Eveline too but I feel that there could have been just a little more build up to her. I think that the game could have been a little longer as I am a developer and I am always busy, I got by this within 2 weeks instead of my usual 2 month trials. But the past 3 games I have been playing was more open world so I am not sure if that means anything.

The Location, The Story, The Gameplay...PERFECT! My problems is that I was hoping that they would creep away from the main storyline and go with anew. Chris Redfield conflicts me but I am hopeful they will do the right thing and make more like this where you do have to sneak around and interact with your surroundings and go right to the CORE OF HORROR!

I will add that the VR MODE is even more horrifying and brilliant and is much needed for the series' future as VR can potentially take over the gaming market .

This game is outstanding and I am going to be playing it again many times in the years to come in high hopes that Capcom continues this trail of horror in more Resident Evil titles.

ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING!
  69. Jan 27, 2017
    A fantastic transition back to it's survival horror roots, maintaining the core systems of the franchise, i.e. spooks, ridiculous puzzles, ect.

The only real qualm is that it's too short.
  70. Jan 31, 2017
    Capcom this time has really done a great job! Resident evil 7 incorporates the main elements of the series that had been lost in 5 and 6. This game is fun and scary, the story is interesting, spectacular settings and if you have the VR experience will be even more exciting. The saga has been reborn !
  71. Feb 4, 2017
    I had a great experience playing this game. Its different and its fresh. The series has a lot more potential now. I truly believe the players who do not like this game have yet to play it. Some are probably scared about the new look and by that i mean a HORROR game in first person. Totally different and not everybody can handle that.
  72. Mar 28, 2017
    Absolutely terrifying game full of unexpected moments. Great, scary story telling while you trying to survive and escape the mad house. But it's very short game and you can finish it under 10 hours.
  73. Jan 24, 2017
    LLevo 4hrs jugando al juego y solo puedo decir que es lo mejor que podría haber hecho Capcom con la saga. Es un tremendo juego, hay mucha exploración, puzzles, acción y no es de generar sustos fáciles, si no que la ambientación es extraordinaria, las batallas con cada enemigo muy dificiles.En general, un gran juego!!
    Yo empecé con resident evil 1 el año 96 y desde ahi que sigo a la saga y
    Yo empecé con resident evil 1 el año 96 y desde ahi que sigo a la saga y resident evil 7 es el mejor resident desde el "1 remake".
  74. Jan 26, 2017
    Amazing game , a real difference to the recent games but a slight similarity to the old ones. This one has amazing graphics and is fun to play would highly recommend.
  75. Jan 25, 2017
    First off I would like to say that to me this game feels more like a Reboot than the next instalment of the Resident evil franchise. What makes it feel more like a reboot is the the series’ shift from a third to first person perspective. But that is not necessarily a bad thing. The first person perspective makes me feel like I am more a part of the game world and not just a spectatorFirst off I would like to say that to me this game feels more like a Reboot than the next instalment of the Resident evil franchise. What makes it feel more like a reboot is the the series’ shift from a third to first person perspective. But that is not necessarily a bad thing. The first person perspective makes me feel like I am more a part of the game world and not just a spectator watching the story play out. The first person perspective is a great addition, especially for the immersion aspect of a horror game. The game gets my heart racing and it does a great job of making me want more. The visuals are great and the scares are real. One thing that feels a little tedious is the inventory management but that also makes you question what is actually necessary for survival. I love the puzzles which get me thinking. But the interactions with the enemies feel like i’m just going in circles, it's like i'm playing a game of cat and mouse with them. All in all the game is good and is a solid 7.5. If you enjoy horror games I would definitely suggest picking this game up. Expand
  76. Mar 24, 2017
    This game will startle you, make you jump, and say a few obscenities out loud. The story ties in, eventually, with the original resident evil franchise. and the new first person approach works. This is the first attempt in this direction and I think it will be improved upon if they continue down this path. Overall I liked the game enough to finish it and start playing again. I willThis game will startle you, make you jump, and say a few obscenities out loud. The story ties in, eventually, with the original resident evil franchise. and the new first person approach works. This is the first attempt in this direction and I think it will be improved upon if they continue down this path. Overall I liked the game enough to finish it and start playing again. I will Download the add ons as well. Expand
  77. Jan 26, 2017
    Absolutely stunning game. Graphically it's a step above most other games, sound design is spot on, the atmosphere is chilling and the most important thing is it feels like a resident evil despite it being in 1st person. Fantastic game.
  78. Jan 27, 2017
    Amazing game. Best Resident evil since RE4, maybe better. The gameplay, story, graphics and sound design are stellar. Changing to 1st person perspective is a game changer. It makes the scares so much scarier and the shooting/combat mechanics so much better. The only point that might be taken away is for the length. Still, considered as a whole, an awesome game from Capcom.
  79. Jan 26, 2017
    "Resident Evil is boring! Went from horror to lame action shoot3r with boring, re-used plots! Change it up! "
    RE7 demo comes out
    "This isn't Resident Evil!! Where's the shooting and zombies!? Why did they change it?!?" FFS, some people need to calm down! Change is good!
  80. Jan 26, 2017
    I don't really understand why people are complaining so much about the game. I just finished it in 10 hours and I can tell you this, what a game, really scary, closer to RE's roots, challenging and keeps the tension high. Only cons the game has:
    -A little short, 10 hours first time.
    -Puzzles are indeed quite simple (not bad in any way, though). -Could use a wider variety of enemies.
    -A little short, 10 hours first time.
    -Puzzles are indeed quite simple (not bad in any way, though).
    -Could use a wider variety of enemies.

For the rest, the game is amazing in every sense; beautiful graphics, good variety of weapons, nice story and atmosphere. 9/10, Highly recommended game.
  81. Feb 1, 2017
    Okay so after playing the game all of the way through on the psvr pro version I'll give you the pros and cons:

Pros: general flow of the game is great, Storyline is fun and linked to other RE games The mechanics are mostly good The puzzles are fun, but not to hard No nausea Immersion is almost as good as it gets in VR boss fights are fun and challenging It's fun to explore, and

Pros:
    general flow of the game is great,
    Storyline is fun and linked to other RE games
    The mechanics are mostly good
    The puzzles are fun, but not to hard
    No nausea
    Immersion is almost as good as it gets in VR
    boss fights are fun and challenging
    It's fun to explore, and there are usually rewards for doing so
    Synopsis, immersive fun game with replayability especially with the deluxe edition, and VR!!!

Cons:
    sometimes the hands in the game don't sync, like after falling when a monster knocks you down

Towards the end even though I had a "rocket launcher" when I killed enemies with it, it didn't feel real. The sound effects for the bullets are the same.

The ending in VR was sooo disappointing, with so much build up through my 14 hour adventure I was expecting the boss fight to be more immersive, you get taken from VR perspective to TV to VR and the immersion is gone

Synopsis: in VR the graphics and sound need tweaking, and oh my God please fix the ending!!
  82. Jan 28, 2017
    Unlike some of these **** reviews, I've actually played the original and recently too. At first I was afraid this game would be more like Outlast, but after getting past the Mia intro, it's true colors began to show. This new iteration is more like the original than people realize except it's surprisingly scarier. I replayed a couple of scenes to do it better and found myself still gettingUnlike some of these **** reviews, I've actually played the original and recently too. At first I was afraid this game would be more like Outlast, but after getting past the Mia intro, it's true colors began to show. This new iteration is more like the original than people realize except it's surprisingly scarier. I replayed a couple of scenes to do it better and found myself still getting freaked out even though I just experienced the scares. All in all, RE7 encapsulates that campy, claustrophobic feel of first one with all the odd puzzle pieces and house layouts included! My only gripe is that it's too short for what it's worth. Expand
  83. Apr 1, 2017
    It,s very scared me,this game has a wonderful game play ,but just Lucas is bad character and this character don't scared me.if all of the game was in the baker's house ,game is better than now.
    but as yet,this game is beautiful and has a wonderful game play!
    i love it!
  84. Feb 3, 2017
    I'd give this more of a 9.5, but rounding up to a 10 for this review. The game is absolutely incredible if you're a fan of horror games and, of course, Resident Evil. I don't agree with the negative reviews saying this doesn't feel like Resident Evil. True, it doesn't feel like the most recent ones but it DEFINITELY has an RE 1 feel to it which I prefer quite a bit. This game is actuallyI'd give this more of a 9.5, but rounding up to a 10 for this review. The game is absolutely incredible if you're a fan of horror games and, of course, Resident Evil. I don't agree with the negative reviews saying this doesn't feel like Resident Evil. True, it doesn't feel like the most recent ones but it DEFINITELY has an RE 1 feel to it which I prefer quite a bit. This game is actually scary as hell! In fact, I'd definitely say this is the scariest Resident Evil game that has been made.

While I've seen a lot of negative reviews harp on the first person mode being too big a departure for them, I'd say it actually helps the series quite a bit over the third person mode. It feels more fresh & it definitely makes the experience a lot scarier. The Baker's are an absolutely awesome enemy but one of the reasons I'd give this a 9.5 instead of a 10, is that I wish there was more enemy variety. The molded are cool and all, but they do get old after awhile and there are only 4 different types of Molded so you learn their ins and outs pretty quickly. Even adding one or two more enemy types would have been very welcome.

The enemy types are probably my biggest complaint over all but in the grand scheme of things, it didn't affect my enjoyment of the playthrough that drastically. The story was phenomenal, the graphics are pretty unreal & the game, as a whole, is incredible compared to RE 5 & 6. I'm excited to see where this takes Capcom moving forward with Resident Evil, but I'm really glad I spent the $$ on this one!
  85. Feb 3, 2017
    The game is amazing! I think this is my favorite horror game to date. Story was really good, good characters. The only reason I gave it 8/10, cause of almost day 1 dlc.
  86. Feb 4, 2017
    I enjoy this game. My favorite are Resi 1,2,3 and Zero but this episode is good too. Because little bit old little bit new and little bit shooter little bit puzzle. It's a good mixture for all players.
  87. Jan 29, 2017
    Even better then RE 1, just try it, don't watch any walkthroughs and you will get amazing horror game. Sound and visuals are awesome. Turn of the light, grab your headphones and dive into this great game.
  88. Jan 29, 2017
    Gran juego de horror, que le hace justicia a las mejores entregas de la saga. Da legítimo miedo sin necesidad de utilizar recursos fáciles, sino con una ambientación muy trabajada y rica visualmente. Dicho lo anterior, en parte me arrepiento de haberlo jugado con ratón y teclado, en lugar de VR, que imagino será una experiencia alucinante. ¿Lo malo? Supongo que la escasa variedad en losGran juego de horror, que le hace justicia a las mejores entregas de la saga. Da legítimo miedo sin necesidad de utilizar recursos fáciles, sino con una ambientación muy trabajada y rica visualmente. Dicho lo anterior, en parte me arrepiento de haberlo jugado con ratón y teclado, en lugar de VR, que imagino será una experiencia alucinante. ¿Lo malo? Supongo que la escasa variedad en los enemigos (algo inconsecuente considerando los mejores Resident Evil a lo sumo nos ofrecían zombies y perros) y los puzles podrían ser más interesantes (alguno que otro acertijo como los de antaño habría estado bien). Expand
  89. Jan 24, 2017
    Haters gone Hate, O jogo está incrível, com excelente ambientação. Gráficos muito bons e otimizados, rodando a 60 fps em 1080p em todas as plataformas. O jogo tem elementos clássicos e ao mesmo tempo renova o jogo trazendo para o século 21. Não vão atrás dos HATERS e dos "pseudo fãs" saudosistas. RE7 é o retorno ao Survival horror! RE is Back.
  90. Jan 25, 2017
    Just wow! As a fan of horro movies all that I can say is that REVII is a very good one scary game. Capcom did a amazing job, not just returning to the franchise roots but making something really new. Yes, maybe some you miss Leon, Claire, Chris and Jill, but gamers that have a open mind will enjoy this for what it is: a new era.
  91. Jan 25, 2017
    Resident Evil 7 brings back the series to its roots and makes the survival horror genre alive again
    Pros:
    +flawless story
    +solid gameplay
    +survival horror
    +actual puzzles
    Cons:
    -not much of a variety in monsters
  92. Jan 25, 2017
    Been playing for about 5 hours and in my opinion this is amazing. I have only played on PSVR, I gotta admit although the cam is now first person it still reminds me of playing RE1 and RE2 as a kid. I believe at the time static cam was the best way to create tension. VR is the way a horror game should be played. Would like harder puzzles and the psvr (standard ps4) resolution isn't greatBeen playing for about 5 hours and in my opinion this is amazing. I have only played on PSVR, I gotta admit although the cam is now first person it still reminds me of playing RE1 and RE2 as a kid. I believe at the time static cam was the best way to create tension. VR is the way a horror game should be played. Would like harder puzzles and the psvr (standard ps4) resolution isn't great but after playing for a few minutes I don't really notice it. I'm not a fan of floating arms I know every one is different but make it so you could scale the body to yours (arm length and shoulder width). All in all I love it and can't wait to see where it goes from here. Expand
  93. Jan 24, 2017
    It's a great step for the resident evil series, it has his failures but the history is good enough to catch your attention. The main character Ethan is totally forgetful and also the final battle. Also i think capcom is going on the right direction.
  94. Jan 24, 2017
    So if you have a purist streak in you, you'll likely hate this game on principle. If you don't then get on down to the bayou and have yourself a spooky time friend! This is an amazing game, and the only complaint a person can level at it is that it's different from the way resident evil has always been. I've never cared for many of those games past the original, so for me, bring in theSo if you have a purist streak in you, you'll likely hate this game on principle. If you don't then get on down to the bayou and have yourself a spooky time friend! This is an amazing game, and the only complaint a person can level at it is that it's different from the way resident evil has always been. I've never cared for many of those games past the original, so for me, bring in the spooky and throw out the old and kooky! Expand
  95. Jan 25, 2017
    Eu vejo pessoas dizendo ''isso não é Resident Evil'' e todos nós sabemos o quão isso é injusto. Por muitos anos eu critiquei a Capcom pela falta de inovação na saga, que vinha de vários e vários jogos medianos, e eis que ela trás Resident Evil de volta ao mundo dos vivos. Desde o Code Veronica eu não sentia essa sensação gostosa de economizar munições, avaliar se vale ou não matar umEu vejo pessoas dizendo ''isso não é Resident Evil'' e todos nós sabemos o quão isso é injusto. Por muitos anos eu critiquei a Capcom pela falta de inovação na saga, que vinha de vários e vários jogos medianos, e eis que ela trás Resident Evil de volta ao mundo dos vivos. Desde o Code Veronica eu não sentia essa sensação gostosa de economizar munições, avaliar se vale ou não matar um inimigos. Os Bakers dão um show a parte, e entram para o hall de grandes vilões da saga. Por favor, não entrem no pensando comum de que Resident Evil não é Resident Evil, deem uma oportunidade para o jogo. Ele é cativante do inicio ao fim. Até então, o melhor jogo do ano. Expand
  96. Jan 25, 2017
    On VR, this game is a must play. It's much more immersive and can replace Horror Nights at Universal Studios. IMO, best VR game out and it's not even a VR only game. Amazing... !
  97. Jan 28, 2017
    This game, Wow this game, Capcom has learned from their mistakes and completely fix the franchise, Hell this game might be my favourite resident evil game now its that good, First of all we start off with the story, the pacing is very good and makes you want to play more to find out more about the story, Ethan, Mia, Zoe, Jack, Margueritte, Lucas and Eveline are all really good charactersThis game, Wow this game, Capcom has learned from their mistakes and completely fix the franchise, Hell this game might be my favourite resident evil game now its that good, First of all we start off with the story, the pacing is very good and makes you want to play more to find out more about the story, Ethan, Mia, Zoe, Jack, Margueritte, Lucas and Eveline are all really good characters and I will remember them to this day.(Especially Jack Baker) The videotapes are a perfect addition to this game which helps you know what's going to be on the next path. The story gets a 10/10 for me. The graphics, for a linear story game it has pretty good graphics even if it is a dynamic resolution. For me the Graphics get a 10/10 as well. The gameplay, ooo the gameplay is simple but great. The ammo found in the game is scarce but just enough for the player. The enemies, there's more than just the bakers, there's the molds and others that i will not spoil. The gun mechanics are great. The gameplay gets a 10/10 again. The acting, For a resident evil game the acting is very superb, especially lucas' and jack's 10/10. The dialogue, I added this section cos resident evil is known for silly dialogue, the dialogue in this game is very well done and not cringey or dumb its especially good a resident evil game. 10/10. Only downside to this game is that it's very short i completed it in 6 hours and 45 minutes and I wish it could be longer, but I will definitely remember this game for sure. This game might be my favourite resident evil game but I will play re4 again just to make sure. Overall I give this game a 10/10 its simply a masterpiece and I can't wait for the dlc, I will for sure buy them all. Can't wait what capcom are going to do for resident evil 8 Expand
  98. Jan 26, 2017
    It is definitely a Resident Evil game, that much cannot be denied.
    It is definitely a Resident Evil game, that much cannot be denied.
    The game captures the feel of the original with ideas such as ammo conservation and manual saving, with little touches such as a save room that has its own music, and also with the nature of the objectives. You'll be finding various keys throughout the game and you'll need to revisit certain areas in order to proceed further.

However, it is not a total return to its roots. There are a lot of new concepts here, but that's not a bad thing.
    Resident Evil is known for evolving with time. RE4 did the same and it was well received.

The new concepts include elements like the constant threat of the Baker family; you'll have to sneak through the house in order to avoid the family members. That is something that hasn't been experienced in any other older games, but it is easy to assume that games like Outlast and Alien have hugely influenced this new direction for the series. It is not a bad thing at all, it works very well.

However, there are certain things that I didn't like:
    - Boss fights aren't well designed, and it's very easy to get through them. A game like Evil Within totally captured what a boss fight in a survival horror game should be like, but unfortunately, Resident Evil 7 lacks in that department.

- The game really isn't that difficult. There is item management and a constant lack of ammunition, but the game itself isn't very challenging. Perhaps the game desperately needed a hard difficulty that could be selectable from the very beginning.

- Puzzles are very simplistic, and they're rather bland. They don't require much thought at all. They're almost non-existent.

- I feel like the game is missing a basic enemy character in the beginning stages. You are chased by Jack Baker in the beginning, and after a while you'll come across the Molded, but it seems like there's a missing enemy between these important encounters. A normal, quintessential zombie-type enemy would have added to the experience.

Ultimately, the game isn't scary or terrifying, it is rather exciting and tense. Paranormal elements are not to be found here, and in that sense, the game is much more in line with something like Alien: Isolation than it is with a game like P.T.
  99. Jan 24, 2017
    I remember sitting in the living room with my step mom as she played the first resident evil and now I am sitting here playing Resident Evil 7 with my girlfriend understanding how it feels to be on the other side of the controller. When you talk about atmosphere you will now reference this resident evil game in tandem with the first one. its eerie, graphic and intense. Some events thatI remember sitting in the living room with my step mom as she played the first resident evil and now I am sitting here playing Resident Evil 7 with my girlfriend understanding how it feels to be on the other side of the controller. When you talk about atmosphere you will now reference this resident evil game in tandem with the first one. its eerie, graphic and intense. Some events that happen don't feel like something that you should have let happen yet its just a part of the game. There are multiple ways to do things in this game and its a GREAT follow up to the anticipation of the canceled PT (that everyone related the demo to) and yet it does not feel as though its piggy backing too hard on the hype of it.

sit back and... well... I was going to say relax and play this one but... its not relaxing. its spoopy fun.
  100. Jan 24, 2017
    Firstly, let me address all the negative comments. This is a true Resident Evil game, back to how RE1-4 was. Just because it is not in third person and that you don't encounter hoards of zombies people are giving this game a score it does not deserve.
    Anyway, this game is amazing, it brings back everything we love about RE and how it started the survival horror franchise. I played sections of it in PSVR, and omg it changes the entire dynamic and completely immerses you! Would definitely recommend this game to anyone!

Generally favorable reviews - based on 100 Critic Reviews

1. Apr 23, 2017
    Honestly, I don’t know if the world is ready for a game like Resident Evil 7: Biohazard in VR and that’s exactly what makes it so exhilarating.
  2. Apr 21, 2017
    Whether played in VR or not, Resident Evil 7: biohazard is a thrilling game and it shouldn’t be missed. If you have the option to play the game with a PSVR, you should by all means do so. Regardless of how you play Resident Evil 7: biohazard, just be sure that you do because it is one of 2017’s finest releases and the constant stream of DLC keeps the nightmare alive.
  3. Games Master UK
    Apr 2, 2017
    Gets under your skin by erasing past frills and putting you eyeball to eyeball with a new world of horror. [March 2017, p.60]