8.2

1. Mar 22, 2020
    If you're a fan of classic DOOM then do yourself a favor and get DOOM64. The level design is amazing, the lighting, the ambiental music, the whole atmosphere is great! The game runs perfectly both docked and portable and it even has optional motion aiming. This the definitive way to play DOOM64 and it comes at an amazing price as well. I'm glad this version was made so I can finally enjoyIf you're a fan of classic DOOM then do yourself a favor and get DOOM64. The level design is amazing, the lighting, the ambiental music, the whole atmosphere is great! The game runs perfectly both docked and portable and it even has optional motion aiming. This the definitive way to play DOOM64 and it comes at an amazing price as well. I'm glad this version was made so I can finally enjoy it the best way possible. Expand
  2. Mar 25, 2020
    Great game, it's Doom 64. For five dollars, it is good. The level design is excellent for an older version of Doom. It also feels at home on the Switch; Doom 64 is a must buy if you like Doom and want to experience the early versions of Doom.
  3. Mar 24, 2020
    It's my favorite Doom, it is better than Doom 3. Switch version has HD rumble and motion control. For 5 dollars, it's the best choice in this cost category.
  4. Mar 22, 2020
    Me encanta arreglaron el tema de iluminación y corre a 60fps toda una maravilla y a muy buen precio ademas
  5. Mar 25, 2020
    If I played this on 64 in the 90s when I was a kid I would have thought it felt too retro. Playing it now I can appreciate the classic Doom experience this holds. The shooting feels like classic Doom but the levels are slightly different but still contain the colored key mazes. For $5 this is a STEAL! If you like classic Doom then I strongly recommend picking this one upl
  6. Mar 26, 2020
    This game is a Doom Classic. It is a completely new concept in the Doom series. Even if this game is completely different from the other classic Doom games, it is still a classic. Good map layouts and music. A perfect first person shooter that is deserved to be played.
  7. Mar 27, 2020
    Best 5 dollars I've ever spent. I missed out on playing this as a kid when I had an N64, and from what I understand the game had some issues (no music, poor lighting) which have been completely rectified in this version for Switch. I can't possibly think of a better game in the eShop for five bucks. The rumble, especially in handheld mode, really gives it something fresh that you can'tBest 5 dollars I've ever spent. I missed out on playing this as a kid when I had an N64, and from what I understand the game had some issues (no music, poor lighting) which have been completely rectified in this version for Switch. I can't possibly think of a better game in the eShop for five bucks. The rumble, especially in handheld mode, really gives it something fresh that you can't get by playing classic Doom games on a PC. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

While the first two Doom games carry very little of the horror they may have originally had into the modern age, Doom 64 absolutely does. This game is still creepy, but without sacrificing any of the action of the originals. Its gameplay is refined and this port in particular cleans up its most egregious rough edge. The maps are as confusing as ever but being able to see where you’re going makes it much more tolerable. If you’re a classic Doom fan and have never played Doom 64, you owe it to yourself to pick it up. This just may be the best classic-style Doom.
  2. Mar 24, 2020
    After 23 years DOOM 64 is still a great game. Nightdive Studios has done a great job adding new features to the Switch version. If you couldn't play it in the past, now is a good time to do it.
    Doom 64 is an impressive port of the forgotten son of the series. Without a multiplayer mode it sits as one of the less essential shooters from the era, but as the first effort at bringing Doom into three dimensions, it's a valuable bit of series history, and to this day it plays very nicely indeed.