- Publisher: Deep Silver
- Release Date: Jan 28, 2021
- Also On: PC, PlayStation 4, Stadia, Xbox One
- Summary: You are the last hope for humanity. The gods’ torturous rule over humanity has lasted for millennia. Bent on cruelty and suffering, they demand to be served with blind worship through an oath of fealty pledged from every man, woman, and child. To those who don’t submit to the gods’ will, aYou are the last hope for humanity. The gods’ torturous rule over humanity has lasted for millennia. Bent on cruelty and suffering, they demand to be served with blind worship through an oath of fealty pledged from every man, woman, and child. To those who don’t submit to the gods’ will, a slow and merciless death awaits. Experience the brutal trials of a venturous band of warriors in their desperate plight to sever the gods’ callous grip on humanity. Every man and woman who can muster a blade, having suffered the brutality of the gods’ reign for too long, will be called upon to form your clan of eight Celtic survivors and rise up to take on the legions of horrific beasts and minions that dwell in each of the gods’ hellish realms. A personal tale emerges with every decision made. Succeed and see legends born. Fail and watch lives turn to dust.… Expand
- Developer: Clever Beans
- Genre(s): Action Adventure, General, Linear, Open-World
- # of players: No Online Multiplayer
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- Available On: Stadia
- More Details and Credits »
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Gods Will Fall - The Gods - Dev Diary
Positive: 2 out of 10
Mixed: 5 out of 10
Negative: 3 out of 10
Feb 2, 2021Gods Will Fall is a unique and challenging dungeon crawler that cleverly combines a handful of inventive gameplay mechanics, resulting in constantly tense and thrilling runs through some seriously tough death chambers and boss battles. This is a pretty brutal and unforgiving game – one some players are sure to bounce hard off – but stick with it until it clicks, explore, experiment, forge ahead through frustration and you'll be rewarded with one of the most addictive and original roguelikes we've played in quite some time.
Feb 1, 2021"Dungeon crawling roguelite plus Dark Souls" is an idea that could have gone horrifically wrong, but it by and large comes together in a solid way here. An unusual flavor that I expect will go down well with roguelite fans.
Feb 9, 2021Gods Will Fall is an interesting take on both the rogue and hard-game genre. Its reliance on randomisation of character stats, weapons and dungeon difficulty makes it perfect for short or long plays and helps to keep the player hooked with moments ranging from abject difficulty to hilarious ease.
Jan 29, 2021Gods Will Fall has some good ideas, but it never gets it right.
Feb 3, 2021Gods Will Fall tries to reinterpret the roguelike genre and some ideas show that the theoretical potential to do so is there, but the problem is that the technical structure ruins any good intuition (such as faulty AI). On the Switch, the rough controls also increase frustration.
Feb 1, 2021Ultimately, Gods Will Fall just isn’t very fun, and even if you can stand the sub-standard gameplay, you might see the game crash and one of your characters killed as a result. Unfortunately, it’s just much more likely that you will fall than any of the actual gods.
Mar 2, 2021Juggling sub-par game design with a host of technical issues on the Switch, Gods Will Fall is a painfully disappointing roguelike that plays more like a proof of concept than anything else. Fashioning gameplay around eight distinct playable characters who can all permanently die is certainly interesting and adds an inherent tension to the experience, but stiff controls, laughable enemy AI, and shallow combat do nothing but remind audiences that they can be playing something better. The fact DeepSilver would publish a title so blatantly unready for public consumption - let alone purchase - is frankly baffling. Gods Will Fall is as much a waste of time as it is money.
Positive: 0 out of 1
Mixed: 0 out of 1
Negative: 1 out of 1
Apr 21, 2022So, real quick, bad game. Like, real bad game. Don't buy this game. Okay so I love pro and con lists so let's start with pros first Pros:
It'sSo, real quick, bad game. Like, real bad game. Don't buy this game. Okay so I love pro and con lists so let's start with pros first Pros:
It willl help you appreciate actually good games.
Can't lock on to enemies?????
Framerate is trash?? How??? Enemies can just flurry attacks at you endlessly???
The framerate IS SO BADFRSNERSTE… Expand
- (0 views)