- Publisher: Erdem Sen
- Release Date: Jun 17, 2016
- Also On: PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PlayStation Vita, Switch
- Summary: Bard’s Gold is slower-paced than most modern platformers and takes its gameplay inspiration from late ’80s and early ’90s classics such as Rick Dangerous, Alex Kidd in Miracle World, Rainbow Islands, Wonder Boy in Monster World, Erik, and Rodland. It features an original soundtrack thatBard’s Gold is slower-paced than most modern platformers and takes its gameplay inspiration from late ’80s and early ’90s classics such as Rick Dangerous, Alex Kidd in Miracle World, Rainbow Islands, Wonder Boy in Monster World, Erik, and Rodland. It features an original soundtrack that perfectly frames the atmosphere, soothes your soul and fills you with confidence as you overcome levels you once thought were unbeatable.… Expand
- Developer: Erdem Sen
- Genre(s): Action, Platformer, 2D
- # of players: No Online Multiplayer
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Positive: 1 out of 6
Mixed: 4 out of 6
Negative: 1 out of 6
Jul 28, 2016Bard’s Gold, while simple in theory, plays with a bit more difficulty, and though you may want to turn your TV down to avoid the uninspiring soundtrack, it is well worth its price of $4.99.
Jun 16, 2016The game takes many hours to complete because you have to master each level and vanquish the boss. In spite of all this, it’s still a lot of fun and challenging.
Jul 13, 2016When it was all said and done, this pixel drenched platformer really surprised me. For $4.99 you get an incredible challenge. Think about it, a game cheaper than a fast food value meal that provides you an experience that is fresh, challenging, and very rewarding. Sure it has a fortune cookie for a story, there is no training to get you up to speed on the gameplay mechanics, and some of the later levels are downright rage inducing, but given its price you can't really beat its simplicity and content for the asking price.
Jul 21, 2016It’s a fun and rewarding experience given the difficulty that it brings due to it’s 90s platformers inspiration. However, for the price, you could do a lot worse...
Aug 3, 2016The game is not one of the tricky 2d-platformer games that made the genre. Most of the puzzles are quite easy and the timer ruins most of the fun. The gameplay itself is fun and tricky at some points.
Jun 30, 2016There are elements of Bard’s Gold which are worth hanging on to for future projects – the interest in secrets (such an important aspect of gameplay, and in need of revival too), the willingness to challenge players. The rest can be put to one side in the “trial and error” pile.