- Publisher: sebagamesdev
- Release Date: Sep 27, 2019
- Also On: PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Switch, Xbox Series X
Fight'N Rage is a brand new old-school side-scroller beat'em up. Inspired by the classics from the "golden age", and with an art style that mimics the aesthetic from the 90's arcade gems, this game pays homage to all classic gameplay features that makes this genre one of the best from itsFight'N Rage is a brand new old-school side-scroller beat'em up. Inspired by the classics from the "golden age", and with an art style that mimics the aesthetic from the 90's arcade gems, this game pays homage to all classic gameplay features that makes this genre one of the best from its time!
Genre: Classic 2D side-scroller beat'em up / brawler.
Number of players: From one up to three players local co-op.
Available languages: English and Spanish.
* A lot of Combinations: Alternative paths, cutscenes and endings that can change based on the selected characters and your own decisions!
* Fast and intense single-session gameplay: Each possible route in the arcade mode can be finished in less than one hour! (at least if you have mastered it.)
* Explosive Combo System: Characters are capable of performing several skillful juggle-based combos that can make your enemies blow up into pieces!
* Simplified Controls: Using only three buttons (attack, jump and special attack), you will be able to combine lots of movements in order to perform amazing combos!
* Easy to Play, Hard to Master: Difficulty is not about bad controls or unfair rules it is about mastering your character's moves and dealing with tough enemies!
* Local co-op mode: Up to 3 players with optional friendly fire (which is even more challenging!).
* Custom Display Modes: Display settings includes optional CRT feels, scanlines and various color styles and more!
* Lots of Unlockables: Earn in-game coins with your scores and get extra content like character's costumes, extra difficulty settings, more gameplay speeds, new game modes, new characters to use on these modes and much more!
* Play as Enemies: More than 20 unlockable characters to play in the extra modes!
* Training Mode: You can practice a lot of techniques and combos while earning new belts! Are you good enough to get the Black Belt?
* Different Weapons: Each protagonist handles them in their own way.
* Speedrun Timer: An exclusive in-game gadget compares current stage times against your best ones! (Of course, the cutscene time does not count, in order to let your fingers take a break believe me, you will need that.)
* Fully Skippable Cutscenes: All cutscenes can be skipped or fast-forwarded in order to provide an (even more) intense gameplay.
* Fair Score Rules: There's no easy way to increment your score while playing the score is directly related to your skills.
* VS Mode: Perfect to play one vs one battles against another player or the CPU, or simply watch CPU vs CPU battles.
* Parry System: A parry system lets you take the advantage even in the most dangerous situations!
* Real challenges: It is all about how good you are at the game, not about an "exp" system or other RPG elements that reward your patience. The full moveset of every character is available from the start, so, you do not have to worry about leveling-up anything except your own skills as player!
* Additional Insane Difficulties: Near impossible extra challenges for pro-gamers (which are not mandatory to unlock all game content).
* Extremely Polished Gameplay: The playability is focused on fully responsive controls and intuitive commands. The characters can cancel normal attacks into special attacks, release themselves from enemy grabs and perform several chain movements. You will feel the power of controlling a character that perfectly responds to your actions!
In a far future, Earth was devastated by mutants who took control after a worldwide catastrophic event known as "the big pulse", a global scale electromagnetic pulse that put an end to all electronic technology on the planet. Humans are now enslaved by mutants led by "The Boss" in a world ruled by "the law of the jungle".
However, not everything is lost two humans and a mutant rebel are willing to fight in order to stop this madness. Will they be strong enough? Well... that's up to you!
Gal: A girl who escaped from traders of humans. She's an expert in her own kick-boxing-derived martial art. While her attacks don't have a long reach, her speed and agility have no equal and her technique and endurance are pretty good too. She is capable of avoiding almost every attack, an ability that comes in handy when facing multiple foes.
Ricardo: A minotaur human-rights activist and a powerful wrestler. He's not very fast and his technique isn't as good as his comrades', but he has a pretty long reach, and his power and endurance are amazing. He's capable of destroying any enemy in record time!
F. Norris: A runaway ninja whose past is a mystery. He's the one who mastered the ninjutsu style known as "the forbidden technique". While he might be pretty fragile compared to Gal or Ricardo, he has a great combination of reach, power and speed, plus an amazing technique that (when mastered) can take control of any situation.
All the game (graphics, design and programing) was created by Sebastián García, while the full OST (composed of more than 40 great tracks!) was created by Gonzalo Varela.… Expand
- Developer: BlitWorks, sebagamesdev
- Genre(s): Action, Beat-'Em-Up, 2D
- # of players: Up to 3
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Positive: 4 out of 5
Mixed: 1 out of 5
Negative: 0 out of 5
Oct 10, 2019Fight ‘N Rage is a fantastic beat ‘em up. It has simple controls, good mechanics, and a lot of diversity to go along with it. Fans of this genre should not hesitate to pick this one up and even if you only play solo, you’ll still have a fun time with it.
Oct 4, 2019Fight’N Rage on Xbox One is an ocean-deep video game belonging to a genre not normally known for offering gameplay variety. The fighting system and level design have a level of depth and variety which provide plenty to discover for those willing to commit. Beyond this there is a pandora’s box of unlockable goods and secrets worth coming back to again and again.
Oct 4, 2019The good far, far outweighs the bad in Fight’N Rage. It really is one of the best side-scrolling beat ’em ups currently available. That’s mainly because it’s just so much fun to play thanks to its tight controls, though the fact that there’s so much to unlock helps. It may only take you an hour to blast through arcade mode, but you’ll do it time and time again. Then you’ll no doubt unlock and try out yet more modes. Or get a friend to play through the game with you in local co-op. Basically, if you’re a fan of the genre, you need to add Fight’N Rage to your library.
Oct 9, 2019As a fan of old-school beat ‘em ups like Streets of Rage, I have to say that anyone who enjoyed those games in any capacity will enjoy this game. I was initially turned off by the steep learning curve when I was dying far to easy, but the more I gave it a shot and the more I played, the more I wanted to unlock different characters and endings and give it a go.
Oct 10, 2019Beat 'em up fans looking for depth will not find it in Fight'N Rage but they will find simple and fun gameplay. And 2D boobs.
Positive: 0 out of 3
Mixed: 2 out of 3
Negative: 1 out of 3
Sep 28, 2019Fight'N Rage is a 32bit Side Scrolling Beat-em-Up designed with feeling Retro in mind. You start the game with 3 characters, and have aFight'N Rage is a 32bit Side Scrolling Beat-em-Up designed with feeling Retro in mind. You start the game with 3 characters, and have a handful of others to unlock, as well as skin variants for those characters. This is one of the many factors that gives this game replayability. With multiple endings and paths depending on your character, or characters in multiplayer, and you actions in game. There are hidden paths scattered throughout the story mode, accessible by doing various things in game, like if you save the hostage from the first boss, she shows you a secret passage (save that knife!). Visually the game is stunning, with impressively smooth pixel art graphics, and the option to see the game with different monitors, lending you the feel of playing the game on your SNES, Sega Genesis, or in an arcade console! Nostalgia oozes from the game, with characters and levels inspired by all the Olds School Beat 'em Ups, from Streets of Rage and Final Fight, to TMNT. With multiple modes outside of the standard story mode, you can pit you skills against endless waves of enemies, or other players. The fighting mechanics feel like your playing a classic fighting game, lost in a side scrolling punchfest, lending even more enjoyment to your waves of fists. The only thing lacking is variation in enemies, but beating the crap out of countless wolf-dudes doesn't seem to get old. Fight'N Rage has perfected the genre, and can be enjoyed by nearly anyone, from nostalgia buffs to newcomers to the genre!… Expand
Mar 2, 2023Fight 'N Rage is a nice tribute to NES beat 'em ups. Surprisingly made by only two people, it is polished and packed with content. There areFight 'N Rage is a nice tribute to NES beat 'em ups. Surprisingly made by only two people, it is polished and packed with content. There are references to TMNT, Battletoads, Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, Final Fight and Street Fighter. You can simply button mash or use a number of strategic moves. The arcade mode supports up to three players and can last over an hour. It also features multiple pathways and endings. As you progress, you'll earn gold coins that can be used on unlockables. You can purchase tips, tutorials, extra costumes, additional playable characters, a time attack and a battle mode. The numerous filters including scanlines, various color schemes, HDR levels and monitor formats. While it might be a little repetitive and not as much as fun with only one player, Fight 'N Rage is a treat for retro fans. I would number rate it with a 7.8 out of 10.… Expand
Sep 29, 2019Great concept, horrendous execution. Controls are an abomination. Raft level is stupid beyond words.
- By user score