Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures | Release Date: March 8, 2019
1,399
3,107
Watch Now
DothoMar 8, 2019
They made a character with no real weakness who spends the entire movie as an expressionless hero with no charisma. I was so bored during this movie. By the time the pace FINALLY picked back up near the end, it was too little too late.They made a character with no real weakness who spends the entire movie as an expressionless hero with no charisma. I was so bored during this movie. By the time the pace FINALLY picked back up near the end, it was too little too late. This entirely forgettable entry into this massive film franchise is completely skippable. You won't need to see this to understand what's going on in Endgame. Yes, there will be this new Captain Marvel character in Endgame, but all you really need to know is that she existed back in the 90's and finds her way back to the action "in the nick of time" once Endgame rolls around. One thing to note: Your experience of the MCU as a whole may be lessened if you see this movie or accept this movie as canon. They literally retconned Captain Marvel as the BEGINNING of the Avengers, as well as the battle for control of a certain macguffin that was central to phase 1 marvel's climax. They also introduce a plotline where there's little reason for the Kree to have largely ignored Earth all this time since the 90's. This is a pretty big plothole.

How does this rank compared to the rest of the MCU? It's right at the bottom; near but below Thor the Dark World and Iron Man 2. If Thor 2 and Iron Man 2 are both 2/5 stars, this one is 1.5/5 stars.
Mikeuk81Mar 8, 2019
I wanted to like this movie, but unfortunately it suffers from a poor script, lackluster action and a badly cast leading lady.

The positives:- Nick Fury is great - I hope one day we get a proper shield movie Goose the cat has some very good

The positives:-
Nick Fury is great - I hope one day we get a proper shield movie
Goose the cat has some very good scenes

The negatives:-
Badly cast lead - Emily Blunt should have got the role
Poor fight scenes
Poor villains

The movie feels very much like a phase one film, ten years to late and out of place among the impressive changes Disney has made to the recent incarnations. If Captain Marvel is to be the face of the Marvel franchise then urgent work must be taken to correct course - recast if necessary and for the love of god seek advice from Patty Jenkins and the wonder women team.
mkanetMar 8, 2019
Boooring. The lead actor, Brie Larson is a terrible, uncharismatic super-hero. This is actually the first female superhero, from Marvel that I would prefer to never see again.
BilguunMar 8, 2019
I'm really worried about Endgame after watching this film

Just watched this film this morning and i really regret watching this in theatre. Let's start with good things : - First opening action scene is really good - Nick Fury was good and
I'm really worried about Endgame after watching this film

Let's start with good things :
- First opening action scene is really good
- Nick Fury was good and funny
- Sounds and visuals are good obviously coming from Marvel

Aaand everything else just falls flat to the ground i think Brie Larson here is terribly miscast she is really good in a slow dramatic movies but here it just doesn't work always stone faced even the smiles seemed very fake and cringe , director of this movie tried so hard to push this female power feminist ideas that she forgot to make a good movie in the first place.

The weirdest scene is when she all of a sudden starts flying out of nowhere and she is not even excited or surprised it felt so weird , also they overpowered her so much to the point where it seemed unrealistic to me that this irrelevant character is stronger than thor or hulk and all this came from a jet engine blast too what a joke.

Overall very disappointed in this film i would give 2 out of 10 to this film and for the sake of Nick Fury i give 3 i really hope Endgame is better than this .
wshadMar 8, 2019
Boring and flat movie that is tainted by the hateful political sentiments from Brie Larson.
hokidoMar 8, 2019
The standard Marvel sections of the film are the usual solid offering, however the film is badly let down by the wooden,stale and moldy performance from Brie Larson, kind of like a block of cheese that has been left outside for a week inThe standard Marvel sections of the film are the usual solid offering, however the film is badly let down by the wooden,stale and moldy performance from Brie Larson, kind of like a block of cheese that has been left outside for a week in Florida in the hottest week of the year. Expand
KrystaliaMar 8, 2019
I was excited and emotional during WW and I came out of that cinema looking forward to Captain Marvel. I am a woman who grew up with Monica Rambeau, this movie disappointed me. Brie Larson was monotonous, she was out shined by her co starsI was excited and emotional during WW and I came out of that cinema looking forward to Captain Marvel. I am a woman who grew up with Monica Rambeau, this movie disappointed me. Brie Larson was monotonous, she was out shined by her co stars notably Samuel and Ben. I don't understand the "Girl Power" narrative they tried to shove and I'm female. Especially the "I'm Just A Girl" playing in the back during the fight I wanted to hide under my seat because I was cringing. It lacks so much of the emotional context that WW had. Marvel and Disney can do better. Expand
SilverSparrowMar 8, 2019
First, this is a review of the movie itself. I know there has been discussion outside regarding cast comments, and sincerely, I just went into the movie and forgot about those things, as what matters for me is the film itself, and its ownFirst, this is a review of the movie itself. I know there has been discussion outside regarding cast comments, and sincerely, I just went into the movie and forgot about those things, as what matters for me is the film itself, and its own merits. I am a big fan of the comics and the MCU, and so although I wasn't familiar with this character, I was looking forward to her introduction and understanding how this will impact the MCU. I also know that having a very overpowering character, like Superman, is harder to relate to, so I went into the movie already willing to give them some slack, but hoping they could pull it off and make an awesome movie.
Unfortunately, for many reasons, the movie is simply bad. And yet, it had many things in it that show it could have been much better, so maybe there is hope for a sequel in the future, and are definitely things that can be changed. Let me explain. I think the easiest way to describe how I felt during the movie was that I cringed a lot.
First, I had heard that the main Actress Brie Larson was a really good actress. I can't comment on that as this is the only movie I saw with her, and I definitely want to see other of her works now so I can get a better opinion. But in this movie, her character was portrayed in a very abnoxious manner in most of the film (you know when a person can't be nice or kind to anyone, but just wants to act like a know-it-all jerk?). I don't know whose decision this was, maybe she was asked to portray it this way. There are though some better moments, in particular in the ship with Fury, and with her best friend's child, that she is more likable. I just wish we had seen more of that. I think the tone for her came off unnecessarily cold and again, the way I felt was that it was just being abnoxious. Now, I think this is something that she and they can change going forward, but it did not help when they are introducing us to a new character. This is even worse taking into consideration that they really need audiences to like her, given how difficult it is to connect with such an overpowered character, as is Captain Marvel's case. So, her acting was way off, and I don't know why, and I don't want to put in question her capacity, hence my wanting to see other works from her.
Anyway, moving on. The second most impactful problem is the production and editing. The movie is a long string of moments that should be of either emotion or great action, but that fall flat. I really feel they wanted those moments to be really grand and epic, and I think they actually could have been, but they just felt rushed and unearned, which actually turned them into really cringy. And this is the problem for me, I think that Captain Marvel's story was actually all there, there were lots of good pieces, which were presented, but the way they brought this together, the timing and presentation was beautiful visually, but was just rushed and felt really off for me, personally. So I really feel that it wasn't a lack of compelling story or character motivation, just the way the final cut flows. Those emotional moments, and the action, they were lacking either some more development, or not to be rushed or so obvious. The Skrulls (and Ben Mendelsohn) were great, it was always nice to have Fury and Coulson (I'm a big fan of the Agents of Shield, Coulson is such a charismatic character). Ok, having been unbiased about the movie, I do need to address honestly the Feminism question. I am a person who really enjoys that there are movie with strong female leads, with great stories to tell. And I think Marvel has a lot of potential they still have not taken advantage in terms of female characters to tell more stories about (I mean, Scarlet Witch and Black Widow have been great until now, and I would love to hear more of their stories, and have them lead their own films, i think they deserve more attention. And the actresses have done great!).
I know that some of the directors and cast were open about the feminism part. I have no problem with that. I just feel that it was cringy to force Director Fury to act dumb in some situations, just to give Captain Marvel an air of "gotcha", hey, let me lead you. That is just not necessary. I think audiences deserve much better. I loved Alita, which had a great female character and was an awesome movie. In this movie, I felt they always had to prove that Captain Marvel was better than the men around her, and sincerely, it was cringy. The movie is bad, because Brie Larson's acting is bad, and the production was way off.
But, I think those are two things that they can turn around I and sincerely hope they do, and if they do, I will enjoy watching what they do in a sequel. Ah, did I mention I loved what they did with the Skrulls? Well done on that point! And yes, that cat it is cool!
219 of 291 users found this helpful21972
sidekickstudiosMar 9, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I watched it last night (luckily my theater reward system gave me a free ticket for a movie so no wasted money). Right from the get go, the initial scenes didn't really serve to draw me in. Much of the movie I spent wondering what was the point of X scene or Y scene etc. Sadly, I was also spending time watching the time to see if the movie was near its end. **POTENTIAL SPOILERS INC** The de-aging of Coulson and Sam L Jackson was pretty bad in my opinion. It wasn't good enough to sell it and in various scenes including Sam Jackson's action scene it just didn't look right. Brie Larson's fighter pilot friend was actually pretty good as I got a lot of her emotions and how she felt when she lost her friend (Brie), and her connection with her kid was great as well. Compare that to Brie's emotions/acting I was honestly unimpressed. For an Oscar winner she wasn't able to really sell me her character or convince me to care about her. In many scenes when she tried to crack jokes or have snarky comments it came off forced and unlike her (maybe a "I'm trying to be the new RDJ"). I'm all for powerful superheroes but in this entire movie she made short work of all her enemies without really much of a struggle at all and at the end Jude Law versus her was anti-climatic. I think MCU really had a misstep on this one and one of their biggest mistakes was trying to shoehorn a superhero right before endgame and the last mistake was casting Brie as Captain Marvel, she doesn't really fit the character. I would say you could easily tell she was an actress trying to play a superhero which didn't work at all. I would recommend skipping this one and going straight to EndGame. You can literally read spoilers online and save yourself 2+ hours and a movie ticket. Expand
ycebotzMar 8, 2019
Poorly executed with misscasted main protagonist, riddled with feminist propaganda.
KhdafaceMar 8, 2019
I wasn't planning on seeing the movie after all the trailers and the director saying its a femimist film, but went and saw it after I lost a bid. It was so boring that my friend left the theatre and left me in the movie...

Spoiler free:

Spoiler free:

1-The acting is very very bland and bad Brie Larson doesn't know what emotion to emot, it was so bad that I really didn't feel any scene worst yet I didn't know what to feel as she was always smirking even when the situation is serious and doesnt call for it. although some supporting actors like Samuel L. Jackson was okayish and kindda enjoyable giving that the script was bad as hell.

2-The story is unfocused and so convoluted the main villian is bland and weak which make the final showdown so underwhelming,the story is also filled with plot holes and unnecessary drama.

3-The fighitng scenes are one of the worst I ever seen and thats a dissaster specially when your movie is an action flick.

4-The script is pure sh#!t trying waaaay to hard to sound serious at the same time trying to be funny and failing in booth.

5-The direction and editing ....omg. Lets just say no one is winning any Oscar any time soon.

6-The visual effects and designs were soo generic that you would never know what movie it is seeing them without context (see Alita for reference on good visual effects and character designs)

Spoiler:

Nick fury lost his eye because a cat scratched it......if thats not destroying a character legacy I don't know what is.....
GonishoMar 8, 2019
Writing is poor. Acting is passable. Pacing seemed off and the overall movie is lacking in any kind of joy. Main actress must have graduated from the Kristen Stewart school of acting because she is expressionless through most of the movie.
MaterinoMar 8, 2019
Other than Samuel L. Jackson, this movie has nothing good to offer. So sad for Endgame...

Wish they brought back entertainment without pointless politics.
marcoyoloTIMar 8, 2019
It almost makes me angry to the point of wanting to dismantle my Captain Marvel poster....they hyped this movie up in articles, commercials , etc. but it barely lives up to the hype...its like they have something they were really trying toIt almost makes me angry to the point of wanting to dismantle my Captain Marvel poster....they hyped this movie up in articles, commercials , etc. but it barely lives up to the hype...its like they have something they were really trying to prove when they made this movie....and sadly to say it has already been proven in over 1,000+ movies. Expand
kaitospinMar 9, 2019
I went into this film with such high expectations given that it's the final MCU film before the highly anticipated Avengers:Endgame, and the huge push it got from Avengers: Infinity War post credits scene, in addition to all the official newsI went into this film with such high expectations given that it's the final MCU film before the highly anticipated Avengers:Endgame, and the huge push it got from Avengers: Infinity War post credits scene, in addition to all the official news that suggested Captain Marvel is going to be the face of the MCU and arguably its most powerful character. You might say i'm not being fair for holding an origin movie to that tremendously high standard, well, for the reasons i listed above, this isn't your Captain America: The First Avenger or your Thor origin film, it's a completely different ball game. We were told that this character is a game changer therefore, I expect no less.

I thought the movie was really disappointing in every way imaginable, it was such a let down! Nothing worked for me here, the writing was bad for the most part (except the major plot twist in the movie), the lead character's performance was stoic, bland and monotonic that I never felt sold. Carol Danvers lacked depth, she had no heart or let me say; her heart wasn't in it. Samuel L Jackson was acting out of character, which really turned me off, that is NOT the Nick Fury we know from the MCU, had it been a different character I would have probably liked it, but not Nick.
There wasn't enough of the remaining cast to say anything about them (apart from Ben Mendelsohn's Talos perhaps the only highlight of this film, besides the plot twist, of course).
The pacing in the first half was awfully slow, and the plot wasn't all that fresh, it was originally supposed to focus on Carlo Danvers trying to find herself and her re-discover her past, but they show none of that. All they show is few, quick random flashbacks here and there.

I'm absolutely disappointed of how the "new face of the MCU" turned out to be.
VargatyrMar 8, 2019
Captain Marvel is a one dimensional character portrayed as the heroine of feminism. When a character embodies the self worth of a whole group, the character most be infallible, all powerful as to not offend said group. This leads to a veryCaptain Marvel is a one dimensional character portrayed as the heroine of feminism. When a character embodies the self worth of a whole group, the character most be infallible, all powerful as to not offend said group. This leads to a very boring movie! Say your money and pass on this one Expand
BoggleerMar 8, 2019
I went into this this movie expecting something aggressively average... I was disappointed. I'll give this movie a 3.5 and a prayer that this isn't a death knell to the MCU.
noFEARgrMar 8, 2019
By far one of the most boring marvel movies, really bad performance from Brie Larson without any emotion .Together with the feminist propaganda makes this movie one of the worst marvel movies ever.
OmegaTavoMar 8, 2019
A pretty boring and bland movie, Brie Larson was misscast, the feminist tone forced on certain parts of the movie were unnecessary and in your face. Wonder Woman and Black Panther did a way better job at elevating their target values. I hopeA pretty boring and bland movie, Brie Larson was misscast, the feminist tone forced on certain parts of the movie were unnecessary and in your face. Wonder Woman and Black Panther did a way better job at elevating their target values. I hope this character doesn't ruin the culmination of this cinematic universe in Avengers Endgame. Expand
zhallMar 8, 2019
Saw it on Thursday night with low expectations, hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Sadly, I was not. Boring plot, bad acting, forgettable villains, and lackluster action scenes. Waste of time and money. Most egregiously, the movie somehowSaw it on Thursday night with low expectations, hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Sadly, I was not. Boring plot, bad acting, forgettable villains, and lackluster action scenes. Waste of time and money. Most egregiously, the movie somehow managed to make me less excited about the upcoming Avengers: Endgame. There is only one good character in this movie -- the cat. Expand
Kylis105Mar 8, 2019
Highly disrespectful to the source material and a blatant attempt to shove this character down people's throats.
CM is a deus ex machina and watches like a fanfic.
redtrekMar 8, 2019
This is the worst of the MCU so far. A number of VERY boring scenes. Every time there was something which could be fun and exciting, you're left questioning nonsensical writing/direction or terrible delivery. This maybe shouldn't be tooThis is the worst of the MCU so far. A number of VERY boring scenes. Every time there was something which could be fun and exciting, you're left questioning nonsensical writing/direction or terrible delivery. This maybe shouldn't be too surprising considering the lack of relevant experience among writers/directors or Brie Larson herself. Strange choices for such a seemingly important installment and it shows very plainly throughout. Expand
nickerpoo2018Mar 8, 2019
Why the hell Marvel made this movie? so uninspiring and boring!! Brie Larson's acting remind me of The last air bender. They should have developed a strong story before making this movie. Not a joy ride for me before Avenger End game..
JuanGarcia328Mar 8, 2019
Disappointing movie to put it generously... I´m a huge MCU fan and it´s so obvious Kevin Fegie came out with the idea of this overpowered character only to overshadow Wonder Woman; but he failed. As a fan I only wanted a Scarlet Witch soloDisappointing movie to put it generously... I´m a huge MCU fan and it´s so obvious Kevin Fegie came out with the idea of this overpowered character only to overshadow Wonder Woman; but he failed. As a fan I only wanted a Scarlet Witch solo movie cuz Captain Marvel even in the comics is pretentious, unlikable. Expand
JosephPlaceboMar 8, 2019
So after seeing this movie, I'm really concerned. Why? Because despite having unlimited ressources, the movie was bad. Like really. God I hope Disney doesn't start butchering the Marvel Universe like they did with Star Wars. WTH is going onSo after seeing this movie, I'm really concerned. Why? Because despite having unlimited ressources, the movie was bad. Like really. God I hope Disney doesn't start butchering the Marvel Universe like they did with Star Wars. WTH is going on at Disney??? Expand
Das_MonkMar 8, 2019
Marvel's worse film to date. Larson is merely copying RDJ's Tony Stark but without his flaws (as that would enrage the SJWs) and appeal. The de-aging tech was a bad idea for an entire film as it makes Jackson and Gregg look like wax models.Marvel's worse film to date. Larson is merely copying RDJ's Tony Stark but without his flaws (as that would enrage the SJWs) and appeal. The de-aging tech was a bad idea for an entire film as it makes Jackson and Gregg look like wax models. The first 30 mins drag like hell and remind me of the pointless scenes in Green Lantern. The film is good in the middle as we find out more about Carol but is then let down by the biggest Mary Sue performance ever in the final act. Nothing even phases her which is horrendous character development. I feel that the writers and directors were thinking along the lines of John Wick or Die Hard in respect to a hero whom cannot be stopped and will persevere until they win, which is fine, but they still struggle at times, none of which was present in Captain Marvel. The feminist rhetoric was even more cringy than the SJW dialogue in Black Panther but at least he was likable and quite relatable (to say he's a king). Decent film all round but as a MCU mega fan who has watched every film on release and follow this franchise more than most, I find it to be a weak entry and the very worst origin film from the MCU. Oh and the Nick Fury eye scenario is the biggest kick in the teeth ever. They could have done literately anything to acknowledge that Easter egg but they did THAT. Fury, the badass MFer, lost his eye like that...
WTF

Disney watched as Star Wars and Ghostbusters was destroyed by their disastrous marketing and attack on fans but for some reason Disney thought they would give it a go anyway?!?!?! Safe to say this all panned out as I thought so if we could get back to the business of telling great stories and not setting agendas that would be greeeeaaat.
RiveeuMar 8, 2019
Fell asleep in the movie, though I do remember a talking plank and a funny cat. Worst Marvel movie ever, wonder how they will fix endgame. I support replacing her with the concept of Scarlet Witch learning her full powers and kicking ThanosFell asleep in the movie, though I do remember a talking plank and a funny cat. Worst Marvel movie ever, wonder how they will fix endgame. I support replacing her with the concept of Scarlet Witch learning her full powers and kicking Thanos ass,'she has enough reason to hate hate him, has lost everything, and that can unlock her potential. Ps see "House of M" where she suffered a mental breakdown and altered the fabric of reality, creating a whole new universe and altering everyones memory of the prior one. Awesome story . The girl is truly supper bad ass and OP when allowed to reach potential. Expand
43in2014Mar 8, 2019
The short review: The story and action scenes are both inadequate, and the film tries to be sentimental but moves too slowly and it all turns out very disappointing. This will be the first MCU film to get a fail score from me. I think KevinThe short review: The story and action scenes are both inadequate, and the film tries to be sentimental but moves too slowly and it all turns out very disappointing. This will be the first MCU film to get a fail score from me. I think Kevin Feige has dropped the ball ala Kathleen Kennedy doing the same with Star Wars VIII and Solo.

Related media: I have seen all of the MCU films but have not read the comics. The recent one, Ant-Man and the Wasp was also disappointing. I hope this is not a trend.

What's it like?: It tells the origin story of Captain Marvel and how she met Nick Fury, but in a confusing way as it is the main plot point.

Negatives: 1) The story is rather inadequate and is told in a sentimental and very slow way. There’s not much story at all due to the numerous flashbacks, and the story is not all that interesting anyway. 2) The action scenes are very limited and unimpressive. Check out the budget for the film and you will understand why. The fight and flight scenes are not special and are physically inaccurate as well. 3) How Nick Fury lost his eye is explained but the story is ridiculous and unimpressive.

How would the different age groups rate it?

Children: Average

Teens: Poor

Young adults: Poor Medium age adults: Poor

Old adults: Poor Rating: 2/5 (no half scores). Skip it. Don’t even bother watching it on the TV.
cottoneyedjoeeeMar 8, 2019
This movie is not fun and I'm not gonna watch it a second time for sure. My expectations were not really high and it matched them. Brie Larson plays a unrefreshingly pretentious Carol Danvers.
redowanMar 8, 2019
Marvel really screwed up this time. The monolithic vibe exuded by the character was almost unbearable. If this is the most powerful character in the MCU and if she is going to play a huge role in defeating Thanos, then I won't be seeingMarvel really screwed up this time. The monolithic vibe exuded by the character was almost unbearable. If this is the most powerful character in the MCU and if she is going to play a huge role in defeating Thanos, then I won't be seeing Endgame either. Expand
TruejusticeMar 8, 2019
this is just all around bad, ridiculous and boring movie. Captain Marvel was never an interesting character in a first place and theres a good reason why marvel keep rebooting hers comics. This is without any doubts worst MCU movie so far andthis is just all around bad, ridiculous and boring movie. Captain Marvel was never an interesting character in a first place and theres a good reason why marvel keep rebooting hers comics. This is without any doubts worst MCU movie so far and its TLJ level bad. Story, characters, dialogues, fight scenes it all looked more like pre-MCU superhero movies like fantastic four, ghost rider or catwoman (or DCEU standard). Disney probably thought that with the right agenda pushed into movie they can get away with below average product... well no BTW: go to see Alita if you want amazing female character played by amazing cool actress Expand
119 of 165 users found this helpful11946
WellPlayedMar 8, 2019
Watched it today with my friends and it was relly underwhelming experience. The main acress acting is really bad throughout whole movie. First act of the movie was kind of OK thanks to Samuel L. Jackson performance but the second act andWatched it today with my friends and it was relly underwhelming experience. The main acress acting is really bad throughout whole movie. First act of the movie was kind of OK thanks to Samuel L. Jackson performance but the second act and ending is just disappointing. The whole permise of another forced origin feels uninspired and boring. Don't waste your money on tickets. Expand
oOMICHAELOoMar 8, 2019
I'll start off by saying this movie didn't suck because the main character was a woman, it sucked because the writers made a bad script & the main character was a woman with no real-world character, therefore, wasn't able to emote or portrayI'll start off by saying this movie didn't suck because the main character was a woman, it sucked because the writers made a bad script & the main character was a woman with no real-world character, therefore, wasn't able to emote or portray a likable hero at all. Saw an early copy of this movie, I refused to support it & I must say this movie was blatant disrespect to comic book fans, but not only comic book fans, but moviegoers alike. The story was below subpar, the acting by the main character was a flat as a tumbled souffle. The dialog, effects and set up just all felt like an afterthought to the boosting of a female lead. Seems like the movie was rushed & not planned or thought out at all. Expand
GoshoPalmataMar 8, 2019
The acting is not bad and the chemistry between fury and carol is good but other than that the movie is a total bore even the action scenes.Also the srcipt is stupid.
XLDoorsMar 8, 2019
This movie was a chore to even sit through. The few good moments were ruined by the 1 hour wait for ANYTHING INTRESTING to happen. My kid fell asleep half way in, then cried thinking they weren't going to get to see a movie today. Had toThis movie was a chore to even sit through. The few good moments were ruined by the 1 hour wait for ANYTHING INTRESTING to happen. My kid fell asleep half way in, then cried thinking they weren't going to get to see a movie today. Had to spend $50+ in total, 6 Tickets (3 for each movie) and more drinks, to see How To Train Your Dragon.
DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE!!! SAVE YOURSELVES!
GWF1987Mar 8, 2019
Another MCU movie that is generic and cookie-cutter

Another MCU movie that is generic and cookie-cutter

Isn't the "trailblazer" the media keeps pretending it is considering DC had a solo female superhero movie back in the 80s with Supergirl, and it only took the DCEU's second solo film for Wonder Woman. I love how there is this big cry from the media, who totally aren't biased you guys (sarcasm) that if you don't love this movie, and if you don't go see this movie, than you are a woman hating sexist.

My answer to that is what does it make the media since they dumped all over Alita Battle Angel? Which was a much better movie and featured a lead who doesn't despise white men?

Don't go see this movie.

It's just not worth the price of admission. I luckily didn't have to pay out of my pocket because I got dragged last night to the Thursday screenings by my brother and his friend and my brother paid for mine because he wanted to get me out of the house since I've been sick all week.

The story is generic. Brie Larson's acting is atrocious, the villains have the make-up level of network television, the cat isn't the show stealing event the media keeps pretending it is.

Honestly there is no reason to trust the critics anymore. Syfy Wire admitted on a Podcast recently that they and everyone else will look the other way and throw softballs at certain movies to keep getting access to early screenings and red carpet events. So you can't trust the word of of a critic as far as you can throw them.

I almost don't even want to see Avengers: Endgame knowing that she will be the center of attention in it, knowing she'll most likely easily beat Thanos and make the rest of the cast we've grown to know over the course of a decade seem irrelevant. 1/10 and that's being generous
neldotMar 8, 2019
This movie falls completely flat to the ground as just another mediocre superheroes movie, but with a very predictable plot and a very forgettable lead actor. Brie Larson is not my favourite actor or person, but here she seems to be evenThis movie falls completely flat to the ground as just another mediocre superheroes movie, but with a very predictable plot and a very forgettable lead actor. Brie Larson is not my favourite actor or person, but here she seems to be even miscast, and she really doesn't deliver in the lead role. Expand
NPCBREEEMar 8, 2019
Breeeee Larson is a misfit for this character. But the Cat.... the cat was fine.
evzhyMar 8, 2019
Captain Marvel feels to me the same way as Solo: Star Wars Story - the movie that noone wanted and noone needed. Instead of Black Widow or Scarlett Witch films, Marvel decided to introduce a character that had 9 (nine) reboots of its comic,Captain Marvel feels to me the same way as Solo: Star Wars Story - the movie that noone wanted and noone needed. Instead of Black Widow or Scarlett Witch films, Marvel decided to introduce a character that had 9 (nine) reboots of its comic, and market it as The Strongest and the new lead, replacing the Iron Man in the future. I don't know where to start to explain how miscast and misplaced that is.

Long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away Marvel was at its lowest, having sold many of its characters to survive, and had to use a b-rate Iron Man for its movie, which was an immense success due to charisma and carrying of Robert Downey Jr, character progression and struggle through movie, character flaws, weaknesses and humour.

This time Marvel is at its peak, ready to present the culmination of a decade-long development of franchise, having a huge roster of popular and well presented characters.

What would be the worst possible things for Marvel to do in current situation? Lets's see:
- present an unpopular provocative character out of nowhere
- market it as the strongest, as if being the strongest is what makes characters likable and popular
- devalue all the decade-long popular and developed cast by claiming that the new character will succeed where they all failed
- allow the lead actor to make provocative devisive speeches on public time and time again
- make a totally mediocre movie for a character that is supposed to be central in their culmination final movie

That's the literal description of Captain Marvel, and while I was watching Brie Larson's unphased unchanging bored face for two hours straight, I could not find any reason in my mind why Marvel did this at this time. All I felt after the end credits was a stunning emptiness inside.

It's not a bad movie, though the action scenes were very choppy and I can't remember the soundtrack at all. But for a Marvel movie that leads to Endgame, this is a disaster, thus - 1/10 from me, from the bottom of my heart and soul.
scoogleMar 8, 2019
This is the most boring movie of the MCU that I ever seen. Brie larson needs to be recast
gumichiMar 8, 2019
One of the most boring marvel movies, bad performance from Brie Larson without any emotion . Together with the feminist propaganda makes this movie one of the worst marvel movies ever
HJRodrigoMar 8, 2019
A "meh" movie. Normally I would rate a movie like this a 5/10, but I am rating it lower for being an unnecessary cash grab before the release of the final Avengers movie. Marvel should have released this after Avengers Endgame. It is hard toA "meh" movie. Normally I would rate a movie like this a 5/10, but I am rating it lower for being an unnecessary cash grab before the release of the final Avengers movie. Marvel should have released this after Avengers Endgame. It is hard to care about any new characters when the ones we already know are in peril. The existence of Captain Marvel makes the events of the prior movies seem less important. You have to wonder where this character was when the Guardians of the Galaxy or Avengers needed help. Why did Nick Fury not care enough about the Earth in the prior movies that he did not call her for help? This movie creates too many plot holes in the Marvel universe. Expand
119 of 166 users found this helpful11947
Renegade_Mar 9, 2019
A mediocre Marvel movie at best, in line with the worst of the Thor movies. I think Brie Larson wasn't the best lead for this type of film as I think she is better in drama's. The film started reasonably well but got boring towards theA mediocre Marvel movie at best, in line with the worst of the Thor movies. I think Brie Larson wasn't the best lead for this type of film as I think she is better in drama's. The film started reasonably well but got boring towards the middle and fell apart at the end. The fight scenes were choppy and the climactic battle was obscured by the mist so it was difficult to see what was going on. The plot was by the numbers with no surprises. On a more positive note though the cat was great! A message to Marvel, if you want to do an interesting female character movie, then please try Black Widow (although she is probably not powerful enough for you but she is a damn sight more interesting character) or possibly Scarlet Witch if you must have a more powerful hero to hang your hat on. Expand
seanr06Mar 8, 2019
Bland, not fun, no ass, nick fury retcon made it a zero. Just another generic cookie cutter superhero movie pce
sahlabMar 8, 2019
TL;DR I was starting to like Captain Marvel, even with Larson's bad performance, and then the third act made her a Mary Sue and ruined everything for me.

I disagree with people who describe this movie as meh, mainly because this movie made me sad. There is just so much wasted potential as it is obvious that the premise itself has the works of a good story in between, but one which the movie fails to deliver.
The Story: The premise is very interesting but the main reason this movie doesn't work is the lack of tension. There is never a moment where you actually feel concerned for the well-being of the main character, and very few moments where you are concerned for the supporting characters. And even then, the tension is never allowed to build but is quickly dispelled. This is especially problematic here because this movie takes place in the past. If you remember how tensionless the action scenes with Legolas were in the Hobbit because Legolas is alive and well in LoTR, you know what I mean.
The script is poorly written which causes a lot of threads not sufficiently explored (i.e. the Kree-Skrull conflict, the nature of Danver's powers....)
You can pinpoint exactly where the movie kind off falls apart, which is the beginning of the third act. That's where Captain Marvel becomes... well a Mary Sue basically since she's infinitely powerful and has no apparent weakness. at this point you are just waiting for the movie to end because there are no stakes at this point really.

The Direction: To cut it short; bad direction. The movie doesn't have a distinct visual style, let alone one conducive of a particular mood. The line delivery of multiple actors are generally bad to the point that in some scenes I'd actually laugh and wonder how do these scenes made it into the final cut and who thought it was a good idea. The flash backs are in many cases not very well intertwined with the main timeline. The pacing however is OK.

The Acting: Virtually everyone outperfroms Brie Larson in performance (Except Mar Vell), which gets distracting very early on. Larson's performance is awkward, bland, emotionless and uninspired. In fact I can't remember how many times her terrible performance turned me off while I was starting to care about Captian Marvel and her conflict.
Action and special effects: Action is pretty O.K, special effects are very good.
JaramideMar 8, 2019
Probably the weakest of all the Marvel movies so far. It's not horrible and it does have moments where it comes together and becomes fun but they are pretty few and far between.
A de-aged Jackson does a really great job as young Nick Fury and
A de-aged Jackson does a really great job as young Nick Fury and like everyone else I liked the cat though it's mosty there for comic relief.
The biggest problem with the movie is that it really doesn't do anything with the premise. We get some interesting tid-bits to the backstory of the current state of the MCU but as a stand alone movie it absolutely fails at telling a self contained engaging story.
There are also some really annoying, in your face feminism moments but they arne't that many or overly long and if the rest of the story managed to hold my interest they would have been easy to overlook. As it is I'm really sad to say that Marvel really fumbled this one and I really hope that this movie isn't indicative of what we can expect for Endgame.
crispy123Mar 8, 2019
This is a poor choice for MCU, i think She Hulk is more loved in the comic world than MS Marvel, Brie Larson just does not cut the part, Nick Fury the leader of the howling commandoes is the one liner side kick, this alone isThis is a poor choice for MCU, i think She Hulk is more loved in the comic world than MS Marvel, Brie Larson just does not cut the part, Nick Fury the leader of the howling commandoes is the one liner side kick, this alone is embarrassing,,dont these writers and directors even read comics before making a movie?? Expand
madmacdooMar 8, 2019
Boring movie, even goose the cat wasn't in it as much as i expected. Brie larson is wooden in the role as well and it's definitely one of the weakest MCU movies. She just lacks charisma compared to say robert downey jnr. I'm a bit worriedBoring movie, even goose the cat wasn't in it as much as i expected. Brie larson is wooden in the role as well and it's definitely one of the weakest MCU movies. She just lacks charisma compared to say robert downey jnr. I'm a bit worried about future avengers movies now, considering she's going to be a big part of them. Expand
moheysalehMar 8, 2019
Brie Larson's performance was terrible. She sounded like a spoiled teenage girl when delivering most of her lines. The movie doesn't give us a background story about the skrulls, only that they are shapeshifters! The soundtracks were terribleBrie Larson's performance was terrible. She sounded like a spoiled teenage girl when delivering most of her lines. The movie doesn't give us a background story about the skrulls, only that they are shapeshifters! The soundtracks were terrible and not fitting with the superhero theme at all! If Marvel had hired a more talented actress and cared more about the story rather than forcing the feminist theme, the movie would have been much better! Expand
BigTexanMar 8, 2019
The beginning of the movie was all over the place no real focus. She didn't have a hero arc to learn her powers and someone you can root for. She was just given her powers at peek performance instead of earning them. On top of that thereThe beginning of the movie was all over the place no real focus. She didn't have a hero arc to learn her powers and someone you can root for. She was just given her powers at peek performance instead of earning them. On top of that there wasn't even a funny part in the movie; maybe they need to add a laugh track to tell us when a joke is funny because no one was laughing during the movie I saw. Expand
STYX666HammerMar 8, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Really boring movie with major plot holes and uninteresting characters. Larson shows very little emotional range. Expand
SoSweetyMar 8, 2019
Captain Marvel is the real villain of this movie. In the course of the film, she turns from a character who is trying to learn to control her own strength, into a character who do what she wants without paying attention to others. This is byCaptain Marvel is the real villain of this movie. In the course of the film, she turns from a character who is trying to learn to control her own strength, into a character who do what she wants without paying attention to others. This is by definition a villain, and if in future projects she would be a villain, then I don’t have problems with it. But we all know how she is positioned in the universe. For now she is nobody without the suit.
The script is very ragged, and in my opinion it would be better to make a film fully devoted to 6 years in Starforce. After the movie I can't even remember the names of the Starforce, and really want more of them. The story is the weakest thing in the film, and the avengers will have to work very hard to fix this character.
Brie Larson is fine. Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, the cat and the other support cast are great, but there is too little to do for them in this movie.
SupmottoMar 8, 2019
The plot is ok, brie plays captain marvel like a robot and pacing of the film is just terrible.
Gamer2068Mar 8, 2019
Not originality. Boring plot, characters and so on. Aqua man was more entertaining.
housegainsMar 8, 2019
The good things I can say about this movie start and end with Samuel L Jackson. Other than that the film is aggressively mediocre and Brie Larson is not believable as the next face of the MCU. Would rather have seen a Scarlet Witch movie.
lordfolkenMar 8, 2019
Nothing but a presentation character movie made for that purpose, but with lack of creativity. No surprises, except for the post credit scenes. The hype for Carol Danvers to be the most powerful character in MCU is not justified/answered dueNothing but a presentation character movie made for that purpose, but with lack of creativity. No surprises, except for the post credit scenes. The hype for Carol Danvers to be the most powerful character in MCU is not justified/answered due Larson´s performance. Unfortunately, it´s not a good MCU movie as we´ve all been expecting. Expand
MovieFan1977Mar 8, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The cat steals the show, but then ruins it by permanently injuring a long term fan favorite character. I am concerned that the movie doesn't explain how Danvers gets her powers. She just sort of has the powers after a bit, it never really gets explained. Expand
kGorehamMar 8, 2019
I went into this film with low expectations, based on the awful marketing. But I was actually decently entertained during the first and second acts. As soon as the "I'm a girl" fight scene started in act three though, I literally facepalmed.I went into this film with low expectations, based on the awful marketing. But I was actually decently entertained during the first and second acts. As soon as the "I'm a girl" fight scene started in act three though, I literally facepalmed. The movie went right off the cliff from there.

I blame three factors for the way the movie turned out.

First, Brie was wrong for the role. She's supposed to be playing a character who has trouble controlling her emotions, but at no time during the movie do we see her lose control. She only oscillates between placid and haughty. At least she smiles sometimes, and cracks jokes, which is something we really didn't see in the trailer. But she never disappears into her character in the way that Jackson, Mendelsohn, or especially Lashana Lynch do.

Second, this film version of Captain Marvel is flawed in her characterization. I actually like a few of the recent comic versions of her, but the character's flaws in those are BOTH her lack of emotional control and her over-confidence. The lack of emotional control never really appears, and while the over-confidence is in this film in spades, Captain Marvel never once pays a price for it. Instead it's treated like a virtue. That's not how heroes act.

In fact, there are at least 3 times that she is self-centered to the point of being completely unlikeable. During one key scene she fist-blasts someone who's not actually a physical threat (just put down his weapon), but who is just annoying her with what he says. That's not what heroes do.

Third, the script is weak. Captain Marvel can beam-punch-fly her way right through thickly armored alien battle-cruisers, but nobody else that she (or anyone else) zaps seems to have much trouble getting up afterward. Nick Fury is relegated to a comic side-kick role that demeans the character. The cat steals the show. The main twist reminds me way too much of "Solo: A Star Wars Story". The aliens who've never been to earth know what "Jazz Hands" are.

And the jokes... My theater was 3/4 full, and the whole audience was enjoying the humor for about the first half of the film. But as we entered that third act, Captain Marvel had become so unlikeable, and the humor was so misplaced, that only two people up front were still laughing.

And when we finally see Captain Marvel respond to Fury's pager? What would you expect her emotional state to be? Worry? Sorrow, maybe? Devastated? Nope. She's full on angry-face in a room full of traumatized avengers. The contrast between her and them could not have been more unbecoming, and I am NOT looking forward to whatever selfish part she plays in End Game as a result.
4RY2Mar 8, 2019
Somewhat embarrassed that I've actually enjoyed Marvel movies up until now. There is nothing redeeming about this movie, every aspect of it is utter garbage, the centerpiece of it Craptain Marvel, the single most uninteresting character ISomewhat embarrassed that I've actually enjoyed Marvel movies up until now. There is nothing redeeming about this movie, every aspect of it is utter garbage, the centerpiece of it Craptain Marvel, the single most uninteresting character I have ever seen presented on a big screen. There is nothing likeable about the character or how she's portrayed. Don't believe the shills praising this trash. Don't waste your money on this. Expand
SleepfixMar 8, 2019
What in God's name happened!? I was totally looking forward to this...I'm not even sure what I just watched. This was supposed to be a solid entry. The script is horrible! Dude, no one should've cleared this through Marvel and Disney.
r7asmu7sMar 9, 2019
I assumed this was a marvel movie, turned out to be a disney themed one. Seriously, I want my money back.
CinedogMar 8, 2019
There is plenty in Captain Marvel to jar, dissapoint and annoy comic fans and followers of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but those problems have been hinted at and discussed ad nauseum elsewhere, as have Brie Larson’s offensive commentsThere is plenty in Captain Marvel to jar, dissapoint and annoy comic fans and followers of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but those problems have been hinted at and discussed ad nauseum elsewhere, as have Brie Larson’s offensive comments while promoting the film. Those issues might be overcome if the film was wildly entertaining, or it’s main character relatable and engaging, or if familiarity with the character and her story were necessary to an enjoyment of the much anticipated Endgame. Sadly, none of those things are true. Captain Marvel is a colossal bore. There is an abundance of action, but no meaning. The arc of growth and self discovery, the vulnerability, that so endeared us to Tony Stark, Steve Rodgers, Thor, Black Widow, and the Red Witch are apparently unnecessary for Captain Marvel. Carol Danvers spends the film confused about who she is, but at no point does she have to earn what she is. And that’s dull. Throw in tired “you go girl” and “don’t politely call me young lady or I’ll put my boot up your ass” feminist tropes and it becomes downright annoying. The only thing flatter than the character’s arc of self discovery is Brie Larson’s phlegmatic delivery-every bit as bad as the trailers led us to fear. And the only thing flatter than that, is her unattractive rear end. The audience is left with very little to like, and all of that provided by supporting charcters. Save yourself the cost of a ticket and two very tedious hours of your life-and pray Captain Marvel isn’t allowed to entirely ruin Endgame. Expand
BakemaMar 8, 2019
The absolute most cringe-worthy Marvel movie.....movie ever maybe. It is all what you could expect. They turned a nice comic book character into pure trash, like almost everything in Marvel comics in this decade and now try to pass it in aThe absolute most cringe-worthy Marvel movie.....movie ever maybe. It is all what you could expect. They turned a nice comic book character into pure trash, like almost everything in Marvel comics in this decade and now try to pass it in a movie. The result is just what was to be expected, cringe of a movie, boring and not worth watching. Expand
dontjimmymejulzMar 8, 2019
It's kinda bland, with a dull and very wooden Brie Larson 'doin' it for the gals'. If you do happen to get dragged along to this bloated and forgettable romp rest assured there is entertainment to be found in the form of a very entertainingIt's kinda bland, with a dull and very wooden Brie Larson 'doin' it for the gals'. If you do happen to get dragged along to this bloated and forgettable romp rest assured there is entertainment to be found in the form of a very entertaining Samuel L Jackson. The CGI used to make him appear twenty years younger is amazing. Expand
kinomaticMar 8, 2019
The media really overhyped this poorly written and poorly acted film, even my daughter found it boring with tiring humor, just save your money...
wiubikiMar 9, 2019
Mediocre at best. It is a typical Mary-Sue type superhero action movie, with a main character that is 1-dimensional, posses no clear motives, drives, ambitions, fear, allegiences, etc. In short, in point in the movie do you feel anyMediocre at best. It is a typical Mary-Sue type superhero action movie, with a main character that is 1-dimensional, posses no clear motives, drives, ambitions, fear, allegiences, etc. In short, in point in the movie do you feel any connection with the main character. You expect in a hero moveie, for the hero to be battling an inner demon, to be fighting an inner struggle that is mirrored in a battle with some super villain. Think back to any great superhero movie. There is a climactic journey to fight some big baddie that goes hand in hand with an inner struggle of the hero coming to grips with their shortcomings, weakness, faults, past, etc.

Captain Marvel lack all of the above, just a character that hits stuff and people, sometimes in a visually exciting fashion. If i knew how bad it was, I would have given it a miss
HarassedgiraffeMar 8, 2019
My friends invited me but I have never seen a marvel film besides iron man one. I don’t know if this movie is indicator on marvel films, but for now, I have no interest in marvel films. I liked the comic relief and opening scene I guess, butMy friends invited me but I have never seen a marvel film besides iron man one. I don’t know if this movie is indicator on marvel films, but for now, I have no interest in marvel films. I liked the comic relief and opening scene I guess, but it’s a very uninspired film with a huge budget. Expand
eshtazakiMar 8, 2019
When i read the positive reviews which start of great acting of Samuel L. Jackson (not the main character) it says something. For me it is alike, i find Brie's acting uninteresting, another actress with one facial expression. They are tryingWhen i read the positive reviews which start of great acting of Samuel L. Jackson (not the main character) it says something. For me it is alike, i find Brie's acting uninteresting, another actress with one facial expression. They are trying to ride on 90's nostalgia, and i see you are pulling my leg. Would totally rather see a BlackWidow , Scarlet witch, Okoye, Shuri, Melinda May or Daisy Johnson Movie as a main character. Yes Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. were ton better actors. You want to see a true heroine movie ? Go see Wonder Woman or Alita, both are great, involving, great acting and story telling. Expand
JohnnyPimpesMar 8, 2019
It would have gotten a 2 or 3 just because it wasn't a good movie on it's own, but destroying Fury's character and retconning other better movies dropped it to a 0. Terrible.
DealyBoyMar 8, 2019
Where do I start with this one, the acting was horrible, the performance was half decent at best, the story wasn't so good at all. Overall the Movie was boring, it was a lackluster Movie. Also, if there's one thing I hate about a Movie, It'sWhere do I start with this one, the acting was horrible, the performance was half decent at best, the story wasn't so good at all. Overall the Movie was boring, it was a lackluster Movie. Also, if there's one thing I hate about a Movie, It's forcing politics, superhero Movies are supposed to be for fun and Entertainment purposes only, so I don't know why politics is being mixed in. If I go to see a superhero Movie in the Cinemas, I expect a fun and entertaining Movie, and if the Movie does good, it does good. No need to shove gender politics down our throats to force the Movie to do better than what it is! Expand
ProfFURIOUSMar 8, 2019
Captain Narcissist channels her victim complex and her inferiority complex to punch old ladies. I liked the Skrulls. Great to finally see them in the MCU.
FanaticGamer89Mar 8, 2019
The movie itself is about as generic as they come. Is it possible for you to not roll your eyes and fall a sleep during this bore of a movie? Sure, but most people are not going to come away thinking this was worth their time let alone theirThe movie itself is about as generic as they come. Is it possible for you to not roll your eyes and fall a sleep during this bore of a movie? Sure, but most people are not going to come away thinking this was worth their time let alone their money.

Why I'm giving this a 0 is to make a clear statement about how they handled the PR for this film. Even the film itself is hating on "white males" at every opportunity and it's frankly sad. Brie Larson in her attempt at "diversity" have actually accomplished the complete opposite. She has offended the majority of this movies target audience by her sexist antics and I hope the movie gets punished in review and sales from this. Disney needs to know their behavior with Rotten Tomatoes will not be forgotten. What a train wreck really.
PhilipVernMar 8, 2019
This movie seems like it was made from a 'super hero mad lib'. It is all standard boil plate, with noting new or exciting, it is worse than "Man of Steal", in the sense that "Captain Marvel" has no weakness, never struggles and isThis movie seems like it was made from a 'super hero mad lib'. It is all standard boil plate, with noting new or exciting, it is worse than "Man of Steal", in the sense that "Captain Marvel" has no weakness, never struggles and is uninteresting. Even when compared to some of the worst Marvel movies, this one stands out as the worst. Some movies just don't add anything to the universe, this movie subtracts from it. Expand
geldarto88Mar 8, 2019
I wanted to like this film but aside from the marketing , as a film I got bored and when the main character looks as bored as i was theres a problem. the hero moments felt unearned, the humour fell flat and massive parts of the marvelI wanted to like this film but aside from the marketing , as a film I got bored and when the main character looks as bored as i was theres a problem. the hero moments felt unearned, the humour fell flat and massive parts of the marvel cinematic universe were retconned for the sake of this movie and character. a big mis step for marvel. shame Expand
JCgamer18Mar 8, 2019
I went out of curiosity and it was booooooring. Brie Larson was not a good choice for captain Marvel and her performance was very mediocre. The fight scenes were pretty lack luster and felt like they tried to do man of Steel but somehow madeI went out of curiosity and it was booooooring. Brie Larson was not a good choice for captain Marvel and her performance was very mediocre. The fight scenes were pretty lack luster and felt like they tried to do man of Steel but somehow made it worse than Man of Steel. Also this film just felt like filler for endgame and that bothered me more than the other stuff. I left a little over halfway and got a refund. I was sorely disappointed. Expand
quasar1967Mar 8, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Good

Goose The Cat steals the show
Ben Mendelson as Talos the Skrull is a decent enough villain
Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury is great as usual

The Bad

Brie Larson is terribly miscast and seems to possess only one emotion, bored and disinterested
when she tries to be funny, it just comes across as forced and falls flat every time
Captain Marvel is too OP, and as a result, its difficult for people to relate to her
Nick Fury gets the idea for the Avengers from the name on the side of Carols fighter jet
a cat is responsible for Nick Fury losing his eye, A CAT
Shield acquires the Tessaract when the cat coughs it up on Furys desk, totally retconning the events of Captain America The First Avenger
men are portrayed as either bad or incompetent throughout the movie
during one of the fight scenes, a song is played that is supposed to be some kind of female empowerment, but is just cringe worthy
lasttruegypsyMar 8, 2019
Not great. Had a few fun moments, but overall very bland. Of all the MCU movies, I rank right above Thor: The Dark World and right below The Incredible Hulk. I really don't ever want to see this movie again. I hope Captain Marvel is not a bigNot great. Had a few fun moments, but overall very bland. Of all the MCU movies, I rank right above Thor: The Dark World and right below The Incredible Hulk. I really don't ever want to see this movie again. I hope Captain Marvel is not a big part of later movies in the MCU. Expand
solofitymiMar 8, 2019
My girlfriend wanted to see this for her birthday. We were both disappointed at the end.. I'm not sure if they wanted Captain marvel(Brie Larson) to be stoic and emotionless in her portrayal of Carol Danvers but it didn't work for me. TheMy girlfriend wanted to see this for her birthday. We were both disappointed at the end.. I'm not sure if they wanted Captain marvel(Brie Larson) to be stoic and emotionless in her portrayal of Carol Danvers but it didn't work for me. The cenimatics were great and the movie had it's moments (if you can make it to the end). We both just felt let down as we were walking out of the theater, especially after the watching the gem of a film that was Alita battle angel. Expand
AbsolianMar 8, 2019
only reason i gave this move 1/10 and not 0/10 is for the stan lee tribute, other than that awful movie not worth the time let along the 15$ ticket
inZaMar 8, 2019
Wonder woman was awesome, had everything. This is like opposite. Boring, bad acting. Even Samuel L. Jackson not trying much..
tsarouhasMar 8, 2019
It's kinda boring, very forgettable. Like ant-man 2, you might find a few good moments (most of them relating to the cat), but overall a disappointment for marvel standards.
IShowUBasicsMar 8, 2019
The biggest Letdown there has ever been for a marvel movie. Brie Larson acted terribly emotionless and dull through the whole movie. Waste of time and money.
Narco022Mar 8, 2019
Very boring movie with a b-rated plot and a wooden main actress performance. Rating 0 because nothing is lost without seeing this movie. Better watch any Steven Seagal movie for a better plot and definitely superior acting.
Huntsman85Mar 8, 2019
They ruined the possibility of the Secret Invasion, which I thought was supposed to be the whole point of this movie. :(
SirWawishMar 8, 2019
For me this movie was poor. I also think now in the MCU is too late a time to introduce a new character, especially and OP and political character. Plus non-existent story arc and generally cliche plot all contribute to a poor movie
holgrushMar 8, 2019
Brie Larson performance is terrible, plot is bad and disrespectful for source material. Worst Marvel movie so far.
BeareMar 8, 2019
boring, wooden acting subpar special effects nothing special or interesting
SamsusyMar 8, 2019
Never expected this garbage. After the thanos snap this movie is the largest disaster in the MCU. Poor acting, poor plot. I found the acting very repulsive. Captain herself single handedly did the marvel to ruin the Marvel universe.
LarrylongballsMar 8, 2019
From a phone conversation with my Australian Dad

Dad: I saw captain supergirl last night. Me: Was it good? Dad: okay as general entertainment. I had a free ticket Me: If you had to pay would you still like it? Dad: I wouldn’t be impressed if
From a phone conversation with my Australian Dad

Dad: I saw captain supergirl last night.
Me: Was it good?
Dad: okay as general entertainment. I had a free ticket
Me: If you had to pay would you still like it?
Dad: I wouldn’t be impressed if I paid full price.
Me: If you paid full price to watch it, how would you rate it?
Dad: 3 out of 10.
David101618Mar 8, 2019
Boring, generic, a total Mary Sue of a character, Marvel is going the same way like Star Wars, I hope they chang their minds, TOTAL FAILURE
familyguyMar 8, 2019
Can any one tell Brie Larson she can have more than 1 facial expression. Entire movie i only saw "smirky smile" or "grumpy old cat" face, Can't believe this oscar winning actress . Samuel Jackson even more human than her and his face is CGI .Can any one tell Brie Larson she can have more than 1 facial expression. Entire movie i only saw "smirky smile" or "grumpy old cat" face, Can't believe this oscar winning actress . Samuel Jackson even more human than her and his face is CGI . Also if any one wonder should you see this film before End game the answer is NO . You can totally skip this film and it wont make any difference . This movie just a telling past story nothing to do with current era except how Nick fury got his pipping phone. I give this movie 5/10 . The only highlight on this film is Nick Fury Expand
RumBeckerMar 8, 2019
I wanted to like this movie expecting something aggressively average... I was disappointed. I'll give this movie a 2.0 hopefully the all female Avengers will be better than this.
SteyrausMar 8, 2019
I have been a fan of Comics for a long time and surprisingly I have been a fan of the MCU even if they have taken some liberties with beloved characters, I fell its mostly been an amazing ride with some amazing movies., That is until II have been a fan of Comics for a long time and surprisingly I have been a fan of the MCU even if they have taken some liberties with beloved characters, I fell its mostly been an amazing ride with some amazing movies., That is until I watched Captain Marvel. I have heard that that main actress of this film has no interested in the opinions of my kind, but ill give it anyway.. This was easily the worst origins story there has been, Carol is very hard to like or sympathize with as she apparently is just perfect and unstoppable, giving the character nothing for the viewer to relate to on a human level. Basically the whole movie is a paint by numbers, cookie cutter action hero film, drenched with ideological politics, designed to indoctrinate young girls into a culture of men hate and excess self importance (modern day feminism) it dosent make for a good film and its the first step in the end of the MCU. Oh But the cat was OK, it a cat! they needed something likable in the film. Its a shame because after Brie Larson last few films I was becoming a huge fan of hers, she was the best part in 21 jump Street and Room was just an incredible film that sticks with me to this day.. But then she has to show who she really was, publicly letting me know that she hates me and other like me, simply because of the race and gender I was born with. Expand
julian111Mar 8, 2019
So i am writing this hoping to stay unbiased (as i am a strait white men). The movie just is not good and i am very disappointed because i was looking forward for the first woman led MCU movie. I hope that the next try is much better(give usSo i am writing this hoping to stay unbiased (as i am a strait white men). The movie just is not good and i am very disappointed because i was looking forward for the first woman led MCU movie. I hope that the next try is much better(give us a black widow movie pls). Please dont say i am a troll or sth. I am a 100% defender of gender equality and woman rights and i want more woman lead roles. Happy womans day to everybody! Expand
flowerpowerMar 8, 2019
I am not allowed to review this movie, but I am going to do it anyway. Went to see it on the premiere. Boring, bland and the lead character has no charisma whatsoever. If it wasn't for the fact that this is a Marvel movie, I don't thinkI am not allowed to review this movie, but I am going to do it anyway. Went to see it on the premiere. Boring, bland and the lead character has no charisma whatsoever. If it wasn't for the fact that this is a Marvel movie, I don't think people would even give this the time of the day. Expand
BongoketMar 8, 2019
Movie is boring, worst actress ever, don't waste your time on this movie, watch something else.
littlefilmsMar 9, 2019
The films is nothing that special tbh, well besides that cat, best part so cute.
tboy123Mar 8, 2019
This is just a bland movie with an emotionless actor in the lead role. Marvel needs to be careful if it doesn't want to die after Endgame if this is a sign of future movies.
drizztrocksMar 8, 2019
Really excellent Stan Lee cameo but not much else. Brie Larson is utterly bland in the role. No real setup for Endgame.
TangentUniverseMar 8, 2019
I'm giving a 1 just for the cat. The main character was a bland Mary Sue, the CG was **** the dialogues cringy... And I'm not even talking about the feminist agenda pandering.