Paramount Pictures | Release Date: November 1, 2019
4.0
Mixed or average reviews based on 444 Ratings
Watch Now
Barney2020Nov 3, 2019
Mediocre at best prime example of what's wrong with movie's in 2019 bland with a absurd plot
cajun67Nov 3, 2019
This is a Terminator movie, so you already know what you are in for. Killer robot goes back in time to kill someone in order to change history. Humans in the future sent back a guardian to protect that person. Lots of car chases ensue.

The

The franchise is stuck in a rut of repeating T1/T2 plotlines, and this film is exactly that, but with updated tech because we all think about tech differently than we did 35 years ago.

Arnold Schwarzenegger and Linda Hamilton are fantastic, and do a lot of the heavy lifting here.

It's a pretty good film, but don't expect anything groundbreaking here.
radixlecti84Nov 5, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Terminator Dark Fate is another awful installment in a running series of awful installments. Dark Fate pretends to bring something new to the table by removing our original protagonist, removing our original threat. And replaces this with a much less convincing protagonist and a much less convincing threat. In this movie we follow the story of a factory worker and her entourage of seemingly invincible super soldiers as they battle against a robot sent from the future to assassinate humanities last hope, for a second time. Because spoiler alert, they killed the last one. Our protagonists are aided by a text sending, carpet selling former killing machine turned family man in a battle against the Rev 9, a robot that looks like it could work at best buy. Now I could be critisized for being nostalgic, but the slow pace and ever looming threat that the original terminators presented are replaced in this movie by absolutely ludicious michael bay style action sequences, so absolutely over the top that they could have the moon crash down on our protagonists heads and you would still expect them to walk away unscathed. I will give the writers of the next installment a tip, fans have been waiting since 1991 for a future war movie, they want HK units, devistating laser rifles, a war torn cityscape with the sky blotted out, and they want John Connor. Not Christian Bale, could be any guy John, but the emotionless machine-like man we saw overlooking the battlefield back in the 90's. The fact is the pacing of these new movies, the outlandish set-pieces, the seemingly invincible and utterly shallow heroes. It just isn't what people want. Seriously, i've seen paddling pools with more depth. Expand
OibotvNov 4, 2019
Ужасно... Простой и примитивный. Генезис был много изобритательней и смелее. Пустышка и просто трусость киноделов сделать что-то действительно уникальное. В кино можно смотреть. Только вот не на что...Ужасно... Простой и примитивный. Генезис был много изобритательней и смелее. Пустышка и просто трусость киноделов сделать что-то действительно уникальное. В кино можно смотреть. Только вот не на что...
TVJerryNov 5, 2019
This sequel takes place 20 years after Sara Connor (Linda Hamilton) saved the world. This time there's a new target for a new terminator to eliminate. Toss in another savior from the future (Mackenzie Davis) and a terminator from the pastThis sequel takes place 20 years after Sara Connor (Linda Hamilton) saved the world. This time there's a new target for a new terminator to eliminate. Toss in another savior from the future (Mackenzie Davis) and a terminator from the past (Arnold Schwarzenegger) and you have a team ready for battle (interestingly, mostly female). As expected (and shown in the trailer), there are superfast fights on land, in cars and even in the air. People and objects fly around in a dizzying blur of action. So much so, that after a while, it lacks punch (pun intended). While the movie is acceptably entertaining and a fitting resolution/continuation of the original plot, it never manages to be much more. Expand
drlowdonNov 5, 2019
Twenty years have after the events that saw Sarah Connor and her son John prevent Judgment Day, a young woman (Dani Ramos) is attacked by a deadly new Terminator in the city of New Mexico. Joining forces with an enhanced super-soldier fromTwenty years have after the events that saw Sarah Connor and her son John prevent Judgment Day, a young woman (Dani Ramos) is attacked by a deadly new Terminator in the city of New Mexico. Joining forces with an enhanced super-soldier from the future and a battle-hardened Sarah Connor she must find a way to survive. Essentially acknowledging the downward spiral the franchise has found itself in Dark Fate ignores everything that happened after the first two movies, but this only means comparisons to the excellent Terminator 2 are inevitable, and it does not come off well. As a stand alone action movie Dark Fate is decent but the now common over-reliance on CGI robs many scenes of their effectiveness and it can often be very hard to even tell what's going on in many of the more action packed scenes. There is also something missing when it comes to The Terminator as well, every time Robert Patrick was on-screen in T2 there was a real sense of threat but that just never comes across here. All in all it's this is a relatively entertaining movie, but its far from essential viewing and I doubt many will really remember it all that well in a few years time... Expand
GolbezNov 5, 2019
To me the order for Terminator movies has been well acted at times but overhyped period.
Compi24Nov 2, 2019
It doesn't take a particularly bright mind to see the irony behind the statement, "best one since Terminator 2." Considering the circumstances in play for this oft-troubled franchise, what is that even supposed to mean? That this movie is atIt doesn't take a particularly bright mind to see the irony behind the statement, "best one since Terminator 2." Considering the circumstances in play for this oft-troubled franchise, what is that even supposed to mean? That this movie is at its worst a "mostly entertaining" entry in the franchise overall, just as "Terminator 2" was, and that that's all it needed to be? That this movie is even worthy to be mentioned in the same sentence as the other successful "Terminator" films? That this movie has somehow undone the years of inadequacy and lunacy we've had to endure since "Terminator 2"? It's a desperate, simpering notion, with the emptiness that is this movie backing it up. This is a pretty decent action movie, but a woefully misguided and -- at times -- laughably conceived "Terminator" film. They've run roughshod over the lore and spit in the eye -- I feel -- of so many who admire the second film, making the mere idea of this movie having a favorable connection to it in any way an absolutely daffy one. I'm only feeling lucky in that, as a casual fan of the films, I eventually turned my brain off and disconnected from it all, ultimately coming to the conclusion mid-viewing that this still isn't a real sequel to "Terminator 2" for me. Just like the others haven't been. But I can only imagine what some of the franchise die hards must be going through. Again. Expand
wollam11Nov 7, 2019
Gabriel Luna was the bad guy. My hormones were so confused. Also, how many times has Arnold died in these movies?
SrPepeNov 6, 2019
Aburrida, predecible, repetitiva y sobre todo: innecesaria. Lo mejor es Sarah Connor.
beakmantopaceNov 3, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. la verdad que dejo muchas cosas que desear, se aferraron a crear un destino que tampoco debió existir, un destino donde ya no existe la amenaza que siempre existió (skynet), un destino donde se despiden de un personaje tan importante para la franquicia, tanto esfuerzo que se le dio a este personaje y de la nada deja de existir, un destino oscuro que marca otra vista al horizonte para que la humanidad tenga una exterminación... Un destino que ha dejado cabos sueltos, un destino que rompe la línea del tiempo y la convierte en redención, un destino incierto que se vuelve a repetir pero con otro personaje que luchara en contra de las máquinas... Verídicto final de mi opinión personal 5/10 muy decepciónado con James cameron por haberse desecho por quien todos moriamos por el, por el que la lucha tenía esa importancia, años de tanto trabajo, películas de Terminator recreadas para darle el papel más importante de la historia y franquicia, una serie de Terminator que incluso también le dieron muchas cosas que contar con estas crónicas de sarah connor, tanto para esto? Y esa LEGIÓN que carajos hace ahora, MEGA FAIL!!, por el amor de Dios y por el amor a esta franquicia ya dejenla en paz, ya no más TERMINATOR, solo hacen más disturbios en la historia de Terminator, no se ponen de acuerdo en nada, una gran decepción en la Historia. Expand
Honest-YanNov 4, 2019
I knew the complaints about this movie going in. I wont mention them as they are spoilers but I think it was better going in knowing the faults with the film from the start; it helped me enjoy the movie for what it is- a failed reboot due toI knew the complaints about this movie going in. I wont mention them as they are spoilers but I think it was better going in knowing the faults with the film from the start; it helped me enjoy the movie for what it is- a failed reboot due to pandering to the social justice crowd. It has quite good VFX and the action scenes are quite good. The new villain is quite good in concept and the actor who plays it is serviceable. It is distracting at times when a small, nonathletic woman (without superpowers) singlehandedly takes down a group of people that includes able bodied men. It is also distracting from the narrative when an ethnic minority woman is chaperoned by an elderly woman and a crossdressing woman, while making statements about whiteness and the oppressive treatment of their wombs. I sat through the political posturing so that I could see Schwarzenegger, who has much less screen time on this occasion, do his robot fighting antics at the end. I enjoyed the mindless fun. I am aware that this movie was written and produced by a bunch of white men and is a vehicle for a hyper-masculine white male icon so all this insincere faux-woke political posturing doesn't really hold much weight. If the politics is not too irritating to you, you can turn of your brain and enjoy the explosions and robot skeletons. Expand
Gaijin-Nov 10, 2019
TLDR version: fun action movie if you don't care about the original movies and can tolerate some heavy handed identity politics. Long-time fans of the series, stay away.

Full-sized review: If you have not watched the original two movies,

Full-sized review:

If you have not watched the original two movies, then this one is a fun, switch-off-your-brain action film, and I could see how this could be a 7 or even an 8 for you.

If you are a fan of the original movies, though, this film rewrites the story in such an insulting, infuriating way that you will probably give this a 4 or a 5. I do not think this movie deserves less than a 4, though, even with all its flaws.

The acting is uneven, with Linda and Arnold being excellent and the other two main performers having ups and downs, but not bad overall.

The action scenes are a bit over the top but, this being a Terminator movie, is to be expected. It requires some suspension of disbelief, but if you've watched any of the Fast and Furious movies (especially the most recent one) you will not be surprised.

The writing... well, this is where the movie loses points for me. Let me try to break it down:

- The script rewrites the whole time line of the Terminator universe, to the point that it renders the original two movies meaningless. I understand the desire to evolve past the original actors / characters, but this movie could have been executed without introducing these major retroactive continuity changes. If you are a fan of the saga, you will feel insulted.

- Identity politics. These days one has to accept that every other movie / TV show is going to introduce some sort of identity politics message, but this movie really goes out of its way to do it. Except for Arnold, all the male characters in this movie are idiots or **** The movie introduces an unnecessary plot point to show very specific views on the issue of migration in the US.

I honestly have nothing against strong female main characters; both Linda Hamilton and Mackenzie Davis and their characters are great. But I do not see the need to spread anti-male sentiment in order to empower women.

In sum, the movie wants to take the franchise in a different direction and chooses to do so in a way that I find unnecessarily disrespectful to the previous works. You will like it only if you have not watched or do not care about the original two movies.
GameAnalyzerNov 1, 2019
Well, I had gone with high expectations and that perhaps being the reason why it turned a bit underwhelming. This had to do more with Tim Miller-Jim Cameron duo doing early promos with their thoughts on the same. There are issues in howWell, I had gone with high expectations and that perhaps being the reason why it turned a bit underwhelming. This had to do more with Tim Miller-Jim Cameron duo doing early promos with their thoughts on the same. There are issues in how action sequences unfold and its pacing relative to the drama. Some of the CGI sequences could have been better and done in a better lit environment and that being one of my major issues while trying to experience it on the screen. The narrative is not so engaging like it was with Judgement Day. They had Linda Hamilton as a character and could have used it to the core but it gets undermined by the newly introduced characters that don't strike enough chord with the viewers as an engaging experience and that being the main disappointment with this one. It's more like a marginal improvement over whatever installments came after T3. To me, Rise of the machines is more closer to the league where Judgement Day and The Terminator remains. I guess it'd take something more to beat it. Atleast, it's reassuring both the mediocre/below average movies that released after T3 have finally been bettered with Tim Miller's contribution. I'm hoping a sequel would improve upon the shortcomings. Expand
toujoursNov 1, 2019
Quite a disappointment but excellent acting by Luna and McKenzie. Hamilton is also not bad, but not great. It's the same old story line as other Terminator movies except the 'prophet' has changed. But what makes this the worst is that thereQuite a disappointment but excellent acting by Luna and McKenzie. Hamilton is also not bad, but not great. It's the same old story line as other Terminator movies except the 'prophet' has changed. But what makes this the worst is that there is no decent music, the effects are average, the look and feel of the movie is like Terminator 3 and Genisys. There's no nostalgia or dark/tension/horror to it. Very little emotion or care for the characters. Of course they had to give the Terminator a wife and kid just to mess up the whole illusion. I don't know whats going on in Hollywood nowadays, but they've lost the plot completely trying to please women, lesbians, gays, and what not instead of just making a decent movie. Joker did it right. Transformers (2007) did it right. Cobra Kai series does it right. Terminator Dark Fate does not. Expand
RaygirlNov 3, 2019
Terrible mishmash of the first two Terminator movies. The frequent scene and dialogue copying (I suppose meant to be nostalgic for fans) just felt insulting and annoying. Sarah Conner's character was very unlikable and Arnie was only mildlyTerrible mishmash of the first two Terminator movies. The frequent scene and dialogue copying (I suppose meant to be nostalgic for fans) just felt insulting and annoying. Sarah Conner's character was very unlikable and Arnie was only mildly amusing. This film lacked depth and soul. Expand
MattBrady99Nov 2, 2019
"For John."

'Dark Fate' was meh. I mean it's basically the Force Awakens of the franchise just more cash grab. Like...how many times can they keep alternating T1 & T2, and yet it's astounding that it never ruins the legacy of the series.
"For John."

Despite all that, it's the third best in the series. At least this movie knows that Terminator is not for kids! I had some engagement in the movie, even through the reason being that it follows a familiar plot line.

Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwarzenegger are both the stand outs. Hamilton playing a cranky bad-ass and Arnold playing an involved machine that has a life of his own. Mackenzie Davis was surprisingly not as annoying as I thought she will be just from the marketing alone. Her character was straight forward in terms of motivation and can take damage.

Tim Miller really knows how to direct action scenes effectively and in this movie he delivers some grand action set pieces. However, after seeing the movie a few days ago, only a small selection stick to memory.

Gabriel Luna did a decent job playing the new advance Terminator. They took the "Robert Patrick" approach with picking an ordinary looking guy and making him into the biggest threat of humanity. Although it was a bit hard for me to feel threaten by him as throughout the movie he seemed easily out match by pretty much everyone.

I didn't really buy into Dani played by Natalia Reyes as the main "saviour of the future", mainly because of her stiff acting and everytime she holds a gun it's twice her size.

The visual effects at times looked pretty OK, but the rest looked really bad. It really doesn't help when there's close ups on the effects where you can see the fakeness. At times the movie was a little too dark and I don't mean in tone, just whenever it's night time.

Overall rating: Not as great as T1 & T2, but nothing will without James Cameron magic touch.
MrMovieBuffNov 2, 2019
We've seen, over the last few years now, many iconic franchises making their big "come-back" movie, with eager audiences flocking out to see it, and the movie itself fulfilling expectations as to what the fans desire most. In 2015, we had twoWe've seen, over the last few years now, many iconic franchises making their big "come-back" movie, with eager audiences flocking out to see it, and the movie itself fulfilling expectations as to what the fans desire most. In 2015, we had two blockbuster film franchises returning for more adventures and they were; 'Jurassic World' and 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'. Both of these films, regardless of what everyone may think of them now, had the benefit of being absent for over a decade before their big-screen return. For the most part, they were big in scale and scope, entertaining and epic to the point where they broke many box office records. While the "Terminator" franchise hasn't been absent for that long, after 'Terminator 2: Judgement Day' (1991), we did get; 'Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines' (2003), 'Terminator: Salvation' (2009) and 'Terminator: Genisys' (2015). But this one, 'Terminator: Dark Fate' is supposed to be the big "come back" film mainly because James Cameron - who wrote and directed the first two - is returning as co-writer and producer of this film, while Tim Miller ('Deadpool') is given control as the director. The film, without giving away too many spoilers, is pretty much what you've seen before. It's great to see Linda Hamilton return as Sarah Connor, as well as Arnold Schwarzenegger, but the film lacks a big surprise or suspense. There is nothing in this film except hollow and mechanical scenes which should be riveting and exhilarating, but they just feel passable. The cast, including Mackenzie Davis ('The Martian' and 'Tully') do a good job of what's required from them, but overall, very early on in the film, fans may feel alienated as to how the story begins. You may like this as a sense of diversion, and it is arguably better than what's come before, but overall, this film will make you feel empty, and maybe there is either a hunger for more big "Terminator" adventures, or, you're just done seeing these kinds of stories being told... Expand
SarathbhNov 3, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Lazy rehash of the same plot, introducing new character by just shotgun blasting the old one. This film managed to show that even a Terminator can be domesticated if you marry him off. Just stupid. Expand
ivan_terribleNov 1, 2019
I followed terminator movies until genisys. This one really is destroying the legacy of T1 and T2. Everything is rebooted into alternate reality like. I would prefer T3 and T5 than 'dark fate' honestly. The actions are adequate and storylineI followed terminator movies until genisys. This one really is destroying the legacy of T1 and T2. Everything is rebooted into alternate reality like. I would prefer T3 and T5 than 'dark fate' honestly. The actions are adequate and storyline is mediocore. It's hard to enjoy 'dark fate' after what happened to the first 5 mins which really blow, upsetting, bitter and made the rest of the movie felt bland. Fortunately, the presence of Sarah Connor and T800 made me stay and keep watching. A man who sit not far from me fall asleep and snored after 1 hour. Is it really that bad? Expand
ubeguysmileyNov 2, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Terminator Genesis is no longer the worst film in this decaying "franchise"

There are so many issues with this movie

John Conner gets killed in the first few minutes, but wait was the T-1000 sent to kill John and the T-800 was sent to kill Sarah? yes.
The new Terminator-Lite has the ability to split, that he never really uses to his advantage.
It feel like they are trying to overwrite the previous Terminator films making a Mexican immigrant girl the new savior, killing John, but still forcing Sarah to raise the "new savior" implying that not only men, but mothers to men are bad.

This movie is woke garbage, but I'm sure it scores well on the Bechdel Test.

Avoid this movie until you can see it cheap or free.
wales7388Nov 1, 2019
the plot seems too convoluted and unoriginal, the cgi is weak but still had some promising actions sequences that should've been developed. watched this last week and had mid-high expectations because of linda's return and was disappointedthe plot seems too convoluted and unoriginal, the cgi is weak but still had some promising actions sequences that should've been developed. watched this last week and had mid-high expectations because of linda's return and was disappointed from the first 5 minutes alone. so distasteful and completely throws away the T2 legacy. cameron should stick to directing. (also i had to tell the guy infront of me to turn his phone off because he was clearly not entertained) Expand
Space84rmNov 2, 2019
Un buon film spensierato, non è un capolavoro però riesce a farti scorrere una buona serata senza annoiarti. Non aspettatevi cose clamorose o grandi novità e semplicemente il continuo della serie originale e non cambia di una virgola
LimestoneButterNov 2, 2019
Another soulless sequel to a beloved franchise, but it’s not that bad. Quite entertaining, but that’s the only thing going for the movie. A muddled plot with several holes, mediocre CGI, etc. Better than Genisys, but that’s not saying much.Another soulless sequel to a beloved franchise, but it’s not that bad. Quite entertaining, but that’s the only thing going for the movie. A muddled plot with several holes, mediocre CGI, etc. Better than Genisys, but that’s not saying much. Not worthy of the Terminator name. Expand
luminaxsterNov 1, 2019
A solid not bad, but could have being great. I'm fine with the plot, some people have complaints and I get it, yet the direction could have being better: uneven and repetitive pacing, action pause pause action pause pause pause action pauseA solid not bad, but could have being great. I'm fine with the plot, some people have complaints and I get it, yet the direction could have being better: uneven and repetitive pacing, action pause pause action pause pause pause action pause action pause action; uneven visual effects, the new Terminator making smalls jumps were awful, my wife said "put the guy on a damn wire cheap bastard", I explained Miller likes to play with CGI... Nope, the waifi is right, the tests was breathtaking, solid action, espectacular Physics, we really experienced the IMAX factor.

I enjoyed the movie but is not a T2 succesor, it is more like an improvement of the T3-T5 formula.
AnGElHisPANoNov 3, 2019
As a movie is just ok but very predictable. As a Terminator movie is just an insult. Hamilton is really good though but I feel her talent is wasted with such a weak story.
I personally would have written a better story line, something like
I personally would have written a better story line, something like this:
Sarah is trying to get into Skynet to rescue John who has been captured. They are in the middle of a war and Sarah and the Resistance finally find John whom before dying says to Sarah that Skynet wanted to study more about humans and emotions so they are better armed for a future war. Sarah finds out that a man has traveled to the past, who is that man? The human form of the T1 and T2 (hence why they look alike). Sarah travels to the past to find this man and 3 T1000s traveled back in time to hunt her down and kill this man. Later on Sarah finds out that there will be a bigger future war, not against humans but against other entities from other planet, this is the reason why Skynet wants to control the world and be fully prepared for this war. Anyways, check my name on Youtube if you want to know more.
ProteusNov 3, 2019
Chill people. The movie is entertaining, well paced, good action and makes sense. No it is not a classic like T1 and T2. It's just a movie that feeds off those older story lines and tries to move forward with something new. If you want aChill people. The movie is entertaining, well paced, good action and makes sense. No it is not a classic like T1 and T2. It's just a movie that feeds off those older story lines and tries to move forward with something new. If you want a spiritual successor to the original Terminator movies go out and make one. Meanwhile enjoy this movie for what it is. Expand
JimmyValmerNov 6, 2019
Good action and key scene moments but thats it. Terrible idea to kill off John and ruin the story lore of the entire franchise. Even worse idea to go back to the past/modern setting and copy paste elements from every other movie. HollywoodGood action and key scene moments but thats it. Terrible idea to kill off John and ruin the story lore of the entire franchise. Even worse idea to go back to the past/modern setting and copy paste elements from every other movie. Hollywood should just stick to the future war with John VS Skynets army in a war element to finale conclude the plot not retread in the past every time its boring and played out. Dont want terminator franchise to be killed off for good but going back in time will send it there Expand
TryASummersaultNov 6, 2019
A failed attempt at a true sequel to T2 with some solid action and (SOME) returning mainstay characters, that ultimately feels like a cash grab retread, and renders the integral John Connor useless. As terminator fan that grew up watching T2A failed attempt at a true sequel to T2 with some solid action and (SOME) returning mainstay characters, that ultimately feels like a cash grab retread, and renders the integral John Connor useless. As terminator fan that grew up watching T2 religiously, the pointless events in the beginning are utterly pitiful for the franchise. The shock factor attempt that MIller/Cameron pulled is the worst move of the franchise so far and is why this tanked. Now once you can force yourself to try to focus on the remainder of the film it does have some visually intriguing moments, but still seems hollow until Arnold shows up. I found Grace's character as serviceable and somewhat interesting, But Dani's character is unbelievably awful and you can never imagine her as the new leader of the resistance. It was nice to see Sarah Connor back in action as well. Until Arnold shows up this film was somewhat dragging. The Rev 9 was a visually cool villain though never once had the same unstoppable ferocity that T1000 had. So when the T800 finally shows up this film actually feels like a Terminator film and the conclusion is is easily the best part. While it never comes close to being a successor to the first 2 classics, it does have tremendous action towards the end. Overall with all the money and people they had behind this film it should've been written better and still seems like a cashgrab. John Connor deserved better and fans did too. Expand
JoeCoolNov 1, 2019
Arnie and Linda have still got what it takes! Not the most original story after all we've had so far, but sorta entertaining enough. Timetravel is essential to the franchise, so things can change, that's a given. If you can't take the heat ofArnie and Linda have still got what it takes! Not the most original story after all we've had so far, but sorta entertaining enough. Timetravel is essential to the franchise, so things can change, that's a given. If you can't take the heat of things not unfolding like they used to, then stay out of the kitchen. It's entertainment, not the end of the world. Don't mind the one-review haters. Some things just don't make sense. While not as good as 1 and 2, it's better than RotM, Genesis and Salvation. Expand
VickimageNov 11, 2019
This movie has to be considered a disappointment. The trailer looked good and hopes were high with Arnie and Linda involved (plus James Cameron as producer) but the finished film runs out of gas very fast. The first action scene is quiteThis movie has to be considered a disappointment. The trailer looked good and hopes were high with Arnie and Linda involved (plus James Cameron as producer) but the finished film runs out of gas very fast. The first action scene is quite thrilling (if a bit derivative of the truck powering through Las Vegas in Jason Bourne) but as the film progresses it gets more and more into (dodgy) CGI Marvel-style special effects. I can see why fans hate the first couple of minutes - it is a slap in the face to first two films. After that it is basically a Roadrunner cartoon - new Terminator gets destroyed, new Terminator melts back together - repeat ad infinitum. Having the female characters as the main protagonists seems to have drawn criticism from (male) fans too. I think the problem is that producers think that simply by switching the gender it makes everything fresh but it doesn’t (Ghostbusters is a perfect example). The main reason to see the movie is Linda Hamilton who is given considerable screen time and rocks. But that doesn’t save the film from being a huge disappointment. No wonder it has flopped at the box office. Expand
abm0Nov 10, 2019
I had high hopes after the trailer, but they mostly crashed and burned. Apart from a few good plot twists and the female empowerment it was all a weak drama stumbling along from cheesy line to failed comedic moment to unnecessarily preachyI had high hopes after the trailer, but they mostly crashed and burned. Apart from a few good plot twists and the female empowerment it was all a weak drama stumbling along from cheesy line to failed comedic moment to unnecessarily preachy dialogue. Genisys remains my favorite Schwarzenegger-T800 comeback-and-sendoff, in fact I may rewatch it soon just to wash out the taste of Dark Fate. Expand
LifesajokeNov 10, 2019
Same old crap. James Cameron decided to make this sequel by stealing all the ideas to his uninvolved sequels into this one. Bland action, memorable new characters and unfunny funny bits. Do yourselves a favour, avoid this.