Super LTD | Release Date: December 16, 2022
8.2
Universal acclaim based on 18 Ratings
AncientAmberDec 17, 2022
Just a really beautiful film. Had to fight back tears at the end there. If you liked Petite Maman or Aftersun, you'll probably like this to a similar degree. Although it is not as innovative as either of those, it is just as tender and wellJust a really beautiful film. Had to fight back tears at the end there. If you liked Petite Maman or Aftersun, you'll probably like this to a similar degree. Although it is not as innovative as either of those, it is just as tender and well written with a similar tone. The child lead is wonderfully subtle and acts without ego.

I almost gave the film a nine because it lacks the ambition I usually reserve for tens, but when I look to the way this film made me feel, I think it perfectly achieves its aim.
rogerwjbellDec 26, 2022
This is a film about a neglected young girl who is sent away to live with relatives for the summer where she is loved, probably for the first time in her life. It is heartwarming, life-affirming and heart-breaking. It is a tender, beautiful film.
ph4se5HIFTDec 18, 2022
"The Quiet Girl" is a watershed moment in the history of Irish Language cinema. This intimate film has beautiful performances, supported by cinematography that is at times contemplative and watchful, but not coldly-detached or voyeuristic."The Quiet Girl" is a watershed moment in the history of Irish Language cinema. This intimate film has beautiful performances, supported by cinematography that is at times contemplative and watchful, but not coldly-detached or voyeuristic. The film has a bleak aesthetic but a warm directorial touch that ultimately creates a deeply emotional experience. It also has additional sociopolitical layers. I give it my highest recommendation. Expand
JLuis_001Dec 23, 2022
After seeing Aftersun where one of the main characters couldn't figure out how to be a parent, now it's the turn of a story in which parenting is the main point. What it actually means to be a parent.

The Quiet Girl is a small, intimate,

The Quiet Girl is a small, intimate, slow, absorbing, heartfelt and rewarding film. It does so much with so little. A lesson many filmmakers have forgotten.

I was fascinated by it.