- Summary: Gunjack is an action-packed arcade shooter built from the ground up for virtual reality. Immerse yourself in a sci-fi world of danger and destruction, available for the Oculus Rift, Samsung Gear VR and HTC Vive headsets.
Jul 5, 2016Gunjack’s slim ties to the EVE universe don't stop it from being a thoroughly entertaining arcade shooter that recreates the cockpit-shooter/light-gun genre within a VR space wonderfully without the need for peripherals or huge enclosures. [Tested with HTC Vive]
Positive: 0 out of 1
Mixed: 1 out of 1
Negative: 0 out of 1
Aug 5, 2016EVE: Gunjack is an arcade shooter on VR.
And before writing more line I precise that I'm not exactly fond of this kind of game. That sayEVE: Gunjack is an arcade shooter on VR.
And before writing more line I precise that I'm not exactly fond of this kind of game.
That say let's start with the plus:
- the game is fun to play, the shooting feel write, the different weapons have each their proper vibe, and same for the ennemies, the more you advance in the game, the more you meet dangerous ennemies, and the fact that the game is in 3D, add to the challenge, because when an ennemi become invisible, it's up to you to remember his pattern, and when he move in all 3 dimensions, you'll find yourself missing them pretty often ^^
- the price, for 10 buck you can afford this game and enjoy it, for me it's already a good thing ^^ the gameplay being easy to learn make this game a good one to introduce people to VR
then the ''meh zone":
-the "story" (aka: the talk in between the shooting) don't add anyrhing in the game, but since it's an arcade game, it's not exactly a bad thing.
- even if the VR is a good experience, I must say that it's not in this game that the VR is at it's best.
And now the minus:
- the game become boring quickly, even if it's fun and quick to play, I find it diffuclt to play for more than 3-4 missions in a row. But It may be because I'm not a fan of this kind of game.… Expand