- Summary: Empire of sin, the strategy game from romero games and Paradox interactive, puts you at the heart of the ruthless criminal underworld of 1920S prohibition-era Chicago. It's up to you to Hustle, charm and intimidate your way to the top of the pile and do whatever it takes to stay there. ThisEmpire of sin, the strategy game from romero games and Paradox interactive, puts you at the heart of the ruthless criminal underworld of 1920S prohibition-era Chicago. It's up to you to Hustle, charm and intimidate your way to the top of the pile and do whatever it takes to stay there. This character-driven, noir-inspired game puts players smack dab in the glitz and glamor of the roaring 20S, all while working behind the scenes in the gritty underbelly of organized crime. … Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Empire Of Sin - Full Paradox Insider Presentation
Dec 20, 2020Empire of Sin is a love-letter to the old-school design of Bullfrog games. Part management sim, part RPG, part XCOM (with gangsters), it achieves its goal to bring different elements together into a cohesive and enjoyable unit. Its shortcomings and few bugs did not affect how much fun we had testing this game.
Nov 30, 2020Empire of Sin has its bugs and some rough cinematic moments. But Romero Games pulled this project off with a team of just 30 people. For a game of its ambition, that seems like a small team. It’s pretty much an indie project, or perhaps “double-A,” compared to other games that are more polished but have hundreds of developers — or even more — working on them. What I also liked was that the game feels smart. I felt like I was playing against other crime bosses who were figuring out how to outthink me or double-cross me. And that’s what you want in a gangster game.
Nov 30, 2020While it is not a bad game, Empire of Sin is sometimes disappointing in that it fails to give shape to complementary ideas that could have been good. If the first hours in the game are rather pleasant and that we take pleasure in growing his empire of crime, once the management mechanics are assimilated, the game goes on autopilot. In addition, he proves too unconvincing in his fights, conventional, sometimes buggy and which often seem interminable, because too repetitive and not very nervous. Not uninteresting then, but not as balanced or entertaining as one would have hoped.
Feb 25, 2021Love the era, love the characters, and love the music!
It seems there were early bugs, but there have been a lot of updates and I only justLove the era, love the characters, and love the music!
It seems there were early bugs, but there have been a lot of updates and I only just started playing it so I haven't hit any of them.… Expand
Feb 24, 2021Since launch this game has had several patches that have fixed exploits and bugs. The latest 1.03 patch included a mini-resolve feature with aSince launch this game has had several patches that have fixed exploits and bugs. The latest 1.03 patch included a mini-resolve feature with a full auto resolve coming in 1.04. The game looks slick and is a lot of fun to play now. Recent twitch streamers have also commented on how "really, really good" the game has come in the three months since launch. I think it's a blast and has a really bright future.… Expand
Dec 8, 2020- Plenty of bugs that makes you load previous save games.
- Bad animations and face expresions.
- Weird voice acting - Economy and- Plenty of bugs that makes you load previous save games.
- Bad animations and face expresions.
- Weird voice acting
- Economy and diplomacy so simple and limited options.
- Boring combat against the same npcs in the same interiors all the time. Dumb Al just push foward.
- The police does nothing.
- Unfair for the player sometimes. If you own a business its guarded by 2 weak npcs but if the AI owns the same place is guarded by 5 with better skills and weapons. While you can only manage to attack with 3 gansters the AI can attack you all the time with 20 even if you own more territory and have more money the AI gangs starts with tier 2 holdings...and a big etc.
- The black market seens pontless, just for sell your crappy gear.
-As others said dumb mechanics like drive a taxi to an enemy safehouse and finish a war in 1 combat and no way to avoid killing your gansters friends in those fights.
- No multiplayer, just a skirmish kind game mode flavored with uninteresting background history with only one victory type: Elimination.
- The background music is acceptable.
Basicly this games gives a mix of features from other successful games but noone of them well developed for the price of 40€ plus a 20€ dlc from the release day, obviously formed by cut content just for grab more money from our wallets with this unfinished game not even tested properly. I have no hopes for this game since paradox is the publisher not the developer. Avoid this game for now.… Expand
Dec 5, 2020Good visuals. Good idea. Other than that, a huge disappointment due to the lack of depth, repetitive (including the 1 liner voice overs), isGood visuals. Good idea. Other than that, a huge disappointment due to the lack of depth, repetitive (including the 1 liner voice overs), is unpolished (bugged as hell). Therefore, simply boring. OK, the bugs might eventually go away, but It will still be boring. Unfortunately, a lame game doomed to be soon forgotten. Steer clear. If you're out for a good CRPG look elsewhere.… Expand
Dec 2, 2020I always knew that in the 1920s, society was as tolerant as it is now. Neither racism nor sexism existed then, as the developers say.I always knew that in the 1920s, society was as tolerant as it is now. Neither racism nor sexism existed then, as the developers say.
Gameplay like mobile games for kids.
The 1920 America setting is completely lost
But they did something else at the highest level.
1) No objectification. All female characters are ugly
2) Full tolerance in the USA in 1920. Neither racism nor sexism (I am neither racist nor sexist, but their absence does not allow me to feel the atmosphere of that time).
When you play, the feeling that you are playing a beta version does not leave. Apparently Paradox put their hand here and the game was sawn by many DLCs.
The game will be playable in 3 years, but for now it's trash… Expand
Dec 17, 2020By the looks of the hype that came around this game we can definitely see that Gang war Chicago as turn based strategy got a big potential!By the looks of the hype that came around this game we can definitely see that Gang war Chicago as turn based strategy got a big potential! But long story short this game is nothing But an ok graphics! Game play vise it is SOO broken that fixes and patches just wont get the job done, its much more efficient to start all over instead of trying to save this piece of Carp.
First and the most broken thing seems time! Getting out of a building can easily take your team 2 freaking days! Getting to other side of building or getting inside alley will probably also take 2 days. Talking with quest NPC can easily take few weeks of in-game time as the time doesn't auto stop when you talk with NPC. Or at the same time you can insta teleport to entrance of any building with a car leading to ability to spend almost no time at all to move, and you can defeat all bosses within 2 weeks of in-game time!
Upgrading buildings makes close to no sense at all especially when you can take out every enemy within 2 weeks while 1st upgrade takes 25 days and every next one will take even more time.
Trading with bosses is both broken AND ridiculous! 1st off you can sell to bosses any garbage you don't want and they will keep on buying it as long they can afford it and you trade items at almost 1:1 value rate, leading to you trading 4 lowest tier pistols for unique boss rifle or any other gun of top tier. 2nd that leads to even more ridiculous situation that you can trade out all items that opponent boss has equipped, then start a war with that boss go to their safe house and enjoy how opponents boss is aimlessly running around with no weapons or equipment, making boss fights even more easyer (not that they are hard in general).
AI....... holy $¤¤t it is dumb. continuously will run in your overwatches, sumetimes will just run away from you without attacking you even thou you are standing right next to him! Will stand without covers etc. And if this would be a multiplayer game I could forgive that but this is a freaking single player project!!! AI cannot be retarded in single player projects! Even on hardest difficulty AI does the exact same nonsense and only difference that occurs with changing difficulty levels is starting money amount and opponent boss starting equipment as on hardest difficulty bosses has unique weapons, but otherwise no difference at all.
And BUGS you get a freaking royal flush of them! Characters sliding around instead of walking animation, your units spawning in the same room as opponents boss, forced to restart to game due to visual UI overlapping, game crashes, all units spawning on 1 block, after you use car to get to location units stand in T pose, scenes that just wont ever start when talking with opponent bosses leading to restart, and the list just goes on and on and on!
This game gets 0.2/10 from me 0.1 for ok graphics and 0.1 for ok music overall 0!… Expand
- (0 views)