- Summary: In Mass Effect: Arrival, Commander Shepard is sent to the edge of the galaxy to rescue an undercover operative who may have evidence of an imminent Reaper invasion that has been looming since the very beginning of the series. Returning and playing a prominent role in Mass Effect: Arrival isIn Mass Effect: Arrival, Commander Shepard is sent to the edge of the galaxy to rescue an undercover operative who may have evidence of an imminent Reaper invasion that has been looming since the very beginning of the series. Returning and playing a prominent role in Mass Effect: Arrival is fan favorite Admiral Hackett, who is voiced by legendary science-fiction actor Lance Henriksen (Alien, Terminator).… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Mass Effect 2 Overlord - Overlord Trailer
Apr 19, 2011Despite being arguably less than what it could (and should) have been, Arrival probably is just about worth your money. In fact, playing it got me started on another run through both games, so it's done something right. It's testament to a game's strength that even a relatively lacking bit of DLC can have you going balls deep back into its world in the pursuit of alien booty. Not every game could do it, but not every game is Mass Effect.
Mar 30, 2011The Reapers' invasion in Mass Effect 3 would have been a lot quicker without Shepard intervention in The Arrival DLC for ME2. This gap-bridging extension is very short, with a so-so story (a meteor with engines, didn't I see that somewhere already ?) and a focus on action, with quite a challenge at times. No interesting moral choice, nothing really fascinating in dialogues... Shepard does its inevitable job once again, and politicians will target him once more. Is that it? We could have done without it.
Apr 1, 2011Although this is no Lair of the Shadow Broker, This is still worth playing. Perfect as a last chapter leading into the sequel this year.Although this is no Lair of the Shadow Broker, This is still worth playing. Perfect as a last chapter leading into the sequel this year.
Doesn't add any weapons but it is well written and put together.… Expand
Mar 29, 2011Pretty good DLC, just to sum things up:
- The cinematics look great - Different gameplay (solo-play) - Good story - Admiral Hackett - GoodPretty good DLC, just to sum things up:
- The cinematics look great
- Different gameplay (solo-play)
- Good story
- Admiral Hackett
- Good music
- Great level design
Some people might find this DLC abit short because it is the last DLC for Mass Effect 2, but keep in mind that this is a side mission and not a main mission like Lair of the Shadow Broker. This DLC is a great addition to the story of Mass Effect!… Expand
Apr 14, 2011Just one thing to say. DLC costs those money and time. Just take it and play Mass Effect 2 again with it. It's has good action and drive forJust one thing to say. DLC costs those money and time. Just take it and play Mass Effect 2 again with it. It's has good action and drive for even short dlc.… Expand
Apr 9, 2012Arrival is decent enough, but merely acts as a footnote of sorts. It did its job (made us all excited about Mass 3) - no doubt countlessArrival is decent enough, but merely acts as a footnote of sorts. It did its job (made us all excited about Mass 3) - no doubt countless preorders were made from the influence of this DLC. Nice to see Admiral Hackett (Lance Henriksen) finally make an appearance too.… Expand
Apr 2, 2011This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. liked:
+ finally again a ME2 DLC..
+ reapers are back .. somehow
- well i just restarted playing ME2 from start and this mission basically started right after having defended the colony against the collectors (not even the whole team is recruited.) somehow a lot of dialogues seem to have MUCH more sense post suicidal or at least post Reaper Relic mission.
It came WAY too early in the game, if you play from start !!!
- no choices and you alienated a lot ppl by a no choice 300k decision in a mediocre DLC which will affect all future actions.. you know some of us really take the renegade or paladin background more serious than just playing a YetAnotherMindlessShooterguy91.
- where is my renegade choice action when Kenson talks about how she will destroy the reactor.. right after i "deliberately" chosed to kill 300k ppl, i let her talk just like in a really BAD movie.. noo, i dont draw my gun and kill her. i listen and wait with patience until she runs away. bollocks.
=> charges filled against "me" on earth for a decision i couldnt even select to take.. come on that just sucks and annoyed me 120% .. especially since it results from no decision at all. such kind of oppression in Real Life is why we play games.. left me feel bad with no motivation to continue the new playthough.
- i didnt liked the "lets make another 08/15 Shooter Clone" take sorry. Extraction would have been nice on solo, but for the rest it was rememberding of my Killzone copies.. sorry.. again same stuff like with DA2 and Daiblo ? Just continue your own game and special genre. dont fix whats working.. If ME3 is moving to this kind of gameplay (zillions enemies swooping into the rooms, and mostly solo than im done with ME and play shooters online sorry.
- disliked how shepard came out weak. (second this)
- disliked the ultimative prostation to the shooter genre. ( i do like pure shooters, but for pure shooters i play other games)
- no faces, all look same. batarian 2 eyes helmets .. cloned level design.. man DA2 lazyness spreading over.... whats up @bioware..
=> Shadwobroker or Overlord was way better… Expand
May 18, 2013In short to keep with game play ability length. Mass Effect 2 is a Action third person shooter first and foremost.
ANYONE thinking ME2 wouldIn short to keep with game play ability length. Mass Effect 2 is a Action third person shooter first and foremost.
ANYONE thinking ME2 would continue on the deep and compelling Universe and story lines set up in Mass effect will be greatly disappointed. Even the save game transfers from ME are mostly meaningless as all the carry over choices (with exception of 1 but ill not ruin that here) are minimalized and finished off with NO future adventure or interaction (beyond a short conversation here and there).
In short the Open World Storyline design of Mass Effect is removed and replaced with a singular Linear Third Person Shooter design.
now none of that is terrible (well other then short length of game, thats unforgivable), if thats what you went in expecting. Sadly EA marketted this game as the spiritual and RPG expansion of the first to up box sales at release. Typical EA.
Mass Effect 2 is a Sci Fi third person shooter. Its has semi interesting characters and you even get to decide who you romance (WOOT, from choosing if a alien speices lives or dies in ME1 to who you get a black screen with in ME2).
In the end, If you like the Mass Effect Universe and like shooters, you will like this game
Just dont go into it thinking your getting the next installment of the original Mass Effect RPG. That franchise stopped production after #1.… Expand
Oct 12, 2012Short: Its the worst DLC ever... They didn't anything right, all is just so ridiculous I cant belive it. They even use human-models forShort: Its the worst DLC ever... They didn't anything right, all is just so ridiculous I cant belive it. They even use human-models for Batarian... Story is same ridiculous (for example: now a astroid can do what a supernova cant ?) .... Did noone cheked it before they released it ? So complete DLC is so bad, Bioware should recompense all who waste time on this ... Waste of money; Waste of time or Short: DONT BUY THIS ****… Expand