- Summary: The next generation in adventure games, Syberia 3 takes you inside an enchanting, mysterious universe full of life for you to explore in 3D. Plunged into the heart of a world inhabited by a cast of interesting characters, you'll discover and experience a fabulous tale as imagined by Benoit Sokal.
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Syberia 3 - Exclusive Trailer
Apr 21, 2017TL:DR I'm really liking this game. The story is compelling, the puzzles are creative, and it just gives me that same feeling that the previousTL:DR I'm really liking this game. The story is compelling, the puzzles are creative, and it just gives me that same feeling that the previous Syberia games gave me.
So, I've probably played a good chunk of this game now. I had my expectations set low, as I didn't really know how this game would turn out. Before playing it, I thought it would be another tacked-on sequel, with no new ideas or personality.
I was pleasantly surprised.
The game follows Kate Walker, after being ditched by Voralburg. She's on the run after not returning the contract for the Voralburg factory, with accusations of embezzlement. However, she has the Yukals on her side on her journey.
About controls: they have changed since the first game. Don't get me wrong: this is still a point-&-click, but movement is controlled using the arrow keys. I guess you could say it's slightly clunky, but it works.
I personally think that the graphics are quite nice, however, that could be subjective. Some parts definitely look better than others, and I actually prefer the in-engine cutscenes to the pre-rendered ones. The graphics aren't any different to the trailers, so you can probably make judgement based on that.
Puzzles and story is where this game really shines. The story does a great job at continuing the adventure: and adventure there is. I've already experienced some plot-twists I've never saw coming, and I feel that the pacing is quite good. The puzzles are similar to the previous games, if not slightly easier (which is welcome to me, as I found the previous games pretty difficult).
The only criticism I would say is at the beginning, the game sets you down a narrow path. If you find an item, sometimes you cannot get it until someone points it out to you. This is pretty frustrating.
Overall though, this game feels like a Syberia game, and gets the tone right. A couple of technical issues are there, but they have not made me enjoy this game any less.… Expand
Apr 24, 2017After few hours, I can say that this game is a surprise! Story and music are wonderful. It's the second game whose I'm not used to play thatAfter few hours, I can say that this game is a surprise! Story and music are wonderful. It's the second game whose I'm not used to play that surprise me since Life is Stange.… Expand
Mar 8, 2021Remember how most 2D adventure classics failed miserably when they decided to move to 3D during the mid-2000s? Well, this is similar to whatRemember how most 2D adventure classics failed miserably when they decided to move to 3D during the mid-2000s? Well, this is similar to what happened with Syberia 3, only that it was 2017. Despite the technical issues, the game got me pretty hooked and I almost finished it in one sitting. For me this is enough to compensate for any drawbacks.
• Overall, the journey is really enjoyable.
• The Syberia atmosphere is still there. The music is great.
• They kept the original voice actress for Kate Walker.
• Some funny moments can be found throughout the story.
• Solving puzzles is rewarding (a tip from me: when stuck, usually you can find most clues in the same room, just remember you can also move the camera around).
• I'm the type of gamer that likes to explore everything, talk to everyone, see every corner of the map. However, here I preferred to just stay on the objective due to the cumbersome controls. Sluggish movement, difficulties using the stairs and sometimes small invisible walls are getting in your way. Camera is bugged in certain places. My suggestion is to try both K&M and Gamepad and see what works best for you. Personally, I preferred K&M.
• There was one puzzle where I got stuck and after minutes trying to figure it out, I finally looked it up online and turned out I was doing the right thing. It was just the cumbersome controls preventing me from doing it smoothly.
• Mouse cursor randomly disappears and you have to move it around until you hit an interaction point so that it reappears. Moving your gamepad joystick can also help bring back the cursor.
• No manual save option. There is only auto-save and you can't go back to previous chapters to hunt for achievements.
• This game was initially planned to be released in 2010 instead of 2017. Some graphic elements are not even up to 2010 standards though, apart from character models which are good.
• There are some cutscenes which are just pre-rendered gameplay. It doesn't look any better than the actual gameplay, there are no advanced animations or graphics; it even looks worse actually, as it is rendered at low bitrate. Some cutscenes are nice though.
• The motivation of the bad guy doesn't seem realistic. The story could have been better without him.
• Voice acting is hit or miss. There are side characters with good voice acting and then there are characters whose voice doesn't even fit their appearance e.g. grandpa sounding like he's in his 20s.
• Really bad lip sync and facial animations. At times, you may stumble upon a decent facial animation here and there, a smile, a frown, a smirk etc.
• Minor audio glitches.
• Some inconsistent subtitles.… Expand
Apr 27, 2017Syberia 3 is a point and click adventure game where you play a Kate walker
The game starts with you being rescued by a village and then youSyberia 3 is a point and click adventure game where you play a Kate walker
The game starts with you being rescued by a village and then you wake up in a hospital…
And then you set out to escape and help your new best friend get a new leg…
This is your typical point and click game..
You’re in an open area with things to find
click everything til something happens...
And once you have some stuff in your inventory... click everything else until something else happens to progress the game…
The puzzles here are actually pretty logical, so a guide isn’t really necessary for this game..
But does that mean the 8 and a half hours are fun to play through?
not at all…
The puzzles have way to many steps to them, bringing the game down to a constant crawl…
and none of the puzzles are interesting or make you feel clever
The answers are all obvious... you just have to go find the stuff and trade things for other things
They all feel like fetch quests..
Annoying roadblocks in the way of the story…
Which also isn’t good…
Evil doctors are after you of course…
They’re trying to get these village people to leave...
But I just couldn’t take any of it seriously
the characters are lazy
the voice acting is a joke...
The lip syncing looks like they didn’t even try...
They probably didn’t actually...
They just made the lips randomly move...
And the audio will randomly put pauses in between words
At least Kates outfit is cute.
I give Syberia 3
a 5/10… Expand
Jan 21, 2022I loved the previous two games and recently replayed them before diving into the sequel and I have to say I was deeply disappointed. The storyI loved the previous two games and recently replayed them before diving into the sequel and I have to say I was deeply disappointed. The story is bland and lacks the mysteriousness and magic of the previous games. A lot of things in the story is really stupid and illogical. The cheesy villain with an eyepatch was just a cherry on the top. But what is the worst about this game is the technical design. It's still buggy and glitchy in 2021, the controls and camera are absolutely horrid - I ended up using gamepad as using a mouse was infuriating and my cursor was disappearing very often. When I got stuck in the game it was usually because I didn't find an item hidden in some corner impossible to see without the right angle of the terrible camera. Lip sync and animation of some characters looks very outdated and weird. Another thing that bothered me was the voice over of majority of characters. Everyone in Russia speaks perfect American accent and the voices usually don't match the age and look of the characters. Kate's voice over is from the original game and is still perfect. The puzzles were decent and the overall difficulty seemed to match previous games. Graphic design is really nice and it followed the strangely beautiful style of places which could have been find in the previous Syberia games. Soundtrack is probably the best part of this game. Overall I would not recommend this game to anyone as it was more painful than enjoyable.… Expand
Jan 11, 2022Big big fan of syberia games
But the fact that in this game the controls are sheet, the camera is total sheet, and you also cant saveBig big fan of syberia games
But the fact that in this game the controls are sheet, the camera is total sheet, and you also cant save wherever you want makes me give this a solid zero :D, the save mechanic especially is a big failure. You literally have to replay big chunks of the game to get to the part that you were stuck.... and god forbid if you dont find the solution because you will have to replay the steps to get there lmao, Refunded my game.
If syberia 4 is like this one, better not publish it.… Expand