I might copy the takeaway message from the review of The Burning Crusade: the best game in the universe has been significantly improved. It's amazing what Blizzard managed to achieve in this expansion. [Jan 2009]
The absolute GOAT of MMORPG gaming. World of Warcraft found the perfect balance between being an RPG and an MMO at this point in it's life. The storytelling was done correctly, the new continue of Northrend looked great and was also incredibly efficient from a leveling perspective compared to The Burning Crusade and "Vanilla" WoW. The continuation of Arthas Menethil's story into the Lich King from Warcraft III made this expansion special for many. It gave plenty to do for the casual and hardcore players alike.
While TBC almost fixed the mess of "unplayability" of classes in combat that was Vanilla: WotLK perfected the main subsystems of the game. While Ulduar and other content were the best or almost the best ever the expansion did have weakness (for example the extreme ugliness of the TotC raid). Most people will tell you this is a 10/10 but don't take them seriously since that comes mainly from memories from people that were small children back then.
WotLK butchered WoW.
All the philosophies implemented in this expansion, is ultimately what lead WoW on it's slow but steady decline:
- Bring the Player, Not the Class: A train of thought that ultimately just made the Enhancement Shaman completely obsolete, being replaced entirely by the Death Knight (Which was just better in every way, except for Bloodlust/Heroism). Giving BL/Heroism to Mages, and later Hunters, making Shamans more or less obsolete, in general.
- Looking for Group, which lead to Looking for Raid - Making traveling around the world at max level obsolete, and forever forcing you in groups with bad players, that you can't kick for the first 30 mins... Which is the entire dungeon.
- Hero Classes, which by their very design core, is supposed to be overpowered.
- Retconning of the lore in many, many major ways (No, Arthas, your power doesn't come from Frostmourne... It was only a tool, used to tempt you, and corruption you....)
- "Additional Instances Cannot Be Launched. Please Try Again Later."
- Downright broken balance between all the classes in PvP, until 6-12 months into the expansion (Patch 3.2+).
- Far from optimal PvE balance, between the classes.
- I hope you like grey and turquise, A LOT.
- Phasing: A mechanic isolating players from each other completely in zones, in a multiplayer game.
- Laughable easy PvE-content the first year of the game. When Ulduar finally hit, it was a challenging - Then it got nerfed 14 days after it got launched, becoming moderately easy, as well.
- Ugliest uncommon and rare gear in the game's entire 20+ year history.
- Combined Spell Damage and Spell Healing, into Spell Power, making Healers overpowered in PvP.
- Gave Tanks a ridiculous amount of damage, making them top-damage in dungeons while leveling, and overpowered in PvP, at level 80.
- Copy/paste of pre-existing things: Trolls -> Undead Trolls, Tauren -> Taunka, Naxx (40) -> Naxx (10/25), Murlok -> Gorloc (I could keep going).
- Copy/paste of Norse Mythology, pretending to be original, by slightly modifying the God's names.
Imbalanced gameplay, build around just rushing, brain-dead mechanics, and an awful story that has NOTHING to do with WC3, nor The Frozen Throne. This expansion scared away the vast majority of the original player base, and brought in a whole new generation of younger players (That, for the most parts, hadn't played WC3). These are mainly the players, who like this expansion - The ones who hadn't seen WoW, before this point.
Only positive things I can say about this iteration of WoW, is that inscription is a cool profession, that Glyphs add a cool mechanic to the game. And that, abilities like Thunderstorm, are pretty fun and satisfying to use.
Нет онлайна на самом заселенном сервере. Казалось бы да).
В городах то люди сидят и может рейдят но условно собрать пати до 80 лвл не делая из хила друида танка или не делая из дд паладина хила не получиться. В условном мао не плохой опыт для 30+ людей а пати не 1 туда нет. Я хоть и не застал ЛК в свое время но думаю что хотя бы пати собрать там можно было. Помимо проблем с поиском пати еще долгий нудный кач до 80. Совершенно лишнее то что с 70-80 так долго ап лвла идет. Ведь основной контент на 80 уровне. Нет смысл обсуждать + игры ведь это будет + такие же как в драгонфлайте. НО в драгонфлайте этих + куда больше к примеру быстрой прокачки. Вообщем вотлк это драгонфлайт на минималках смысл в это играть нет.
SummaryPlayers last visited Northrend in "Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne," when Arthas Menethil fused with the spirit of Ner’zhul to become the Lich King, one of the most powerful beings in the Warcraft universe. He now broods atop the Frozen Throne deep in Icecrown Citadel, clutching the rune blade Frostmourne and marshaling the undead armies...