- Summary: The year is 2036, one year after the events of "Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow." Soma Cruz finds himself at the center of a mysterious cult's plan to resurrect their evil lord and master Dracula. In order to save himself and protect the lives of those he loves, Soma must infiltrate the enemy'sThe year is 2036, one year after the events of "Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow." Soma Cruz finds himself at the center of a mysterious cult's plan to resurrect their evil lord and master Dracula. In order to save himself and protect the lives of those he loves, Soma must infiltrate the enemy's home base, a towering replica of Dracula's castle that is teaming with monstrous creatures. Defeat foes with the "Magic Seal" system using the touch screen. Exchange souls with other players via the DS wireless connection. Features an incredible musical score, next-gen graphics & stunning special effects. [Konami]… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Nintendo E3 2005 Press Conference DS/GBA Demo Showcase
Game InformerIts sublime mix of puzzles, great bosses, perfectly paced exploration, and enormous variety make this an utterly amazing adventure. [Nov 2005, p.176]
MahebruH.Oct 9, 2005Yes. a "10". it's that good.
IsaacS.Feb 4, 2006The game is brilliant. It has a very good stating movie with very good graphics for a DS. The interseting storyline and gamplay is very The game is brilliant. It has a very good stating movie with very good graphics for a DS. The interseting storyline and gamplay is very adictive you wont want to put it down. The magic seal system is an ingenius idea that makes the game more exciting. The power to upgrade weapons with the souls you have collected via Yoko's power is fantastic. A thoroughly good game.… Expand
Oct 23, 2017És el meu joc preferit de Nitnendo DS, té caps i bèsties amb habilitats especials i tota la temàtica del joc és incomparable, diria que és unÉs el meu joc preferit de Nitnendo DS, té caps i bèsties amb habilitats especials i tota la temàtica del joc és incomparable, diria que és un dels millors de la mateixa companyia.… Expand
ReviewerRevDec 12, 2005One of the DS's greatest games! Id recomend this game to any DS owner.
Sep 24, 2016This game is really fun. It's Castlevania with RPG elements. You can play it however you like, and explore the castle, but there is a storyThis game is really fun. It's Castlevania with RPG elements. You can play it however you like, and explore the castle, but there is a story line to follow. If you like Castlevania you will definitely like this. This is one of the best Castlevania games of all time. There are a few problems with it, which is why I gave it a 9 rather than a 10, but overall it's pretty much a complete package. You won't get bored with this.
- It's classic Castlevania but with RPG elements.
- There are so many things to collect, but they really add to the experience. All the souls, weapons, crafting, etc, are really just a nice time waster.
- Lots of exploration to be done, and mystery.
- The story is basic but it motivates you onward.
- Killing monsters is very satisfying. There are a ton of enemies. You'll never get bored with all the creatures.
- The game is not too easy, and not too hard. It has the right level of difficulty.
- The music is nice.
- Despite console limitations the graphics are well done, other than the winter scenes, which just look washed out. The art is good.
- The game displays the action on the lower screen instead of the upper screen. It's a bizarre choice to make. Clearly, the menu, and map belong on the bottom. It would have been really handy if you could tap the screen, and look closer on the map (which is rather small).
- There is one section of the game where you have to do some type of sliding puzzle. It was confusing. Not really fun if I have to say so myself.
- The characters walks kind of slow. I would have liked it if he could walk a bit faster. But there is a method for fast travel, so this isn't a huge issue.
- The teleport, and save areas really should be right beside each other. They are close to each other but not beside.
- When you die you go back to the start up point of the game, like you resetted your console. Instead the game should ask you if you want to begin again from your save point. Yes or no? Simple, right?
- A lot of grinding is required to get souls. It would be nice if acquiring souls was just little bit easier. I don't want it to be too easy, but sometimes it's frustrating. One character I killed literally a hundred plus times, and yet got no soul. I was just thinking, "C'mon now!"
- I don't like those medusa heads! The ones that turn your into stone are just terrible.… Expand
Oct 18, 2014This game is awesome!!!!!
I love every single TRUE Castlevania game, i mean the sidescroller titles! I don't like lord of shadows or thatThis game is awesome!!!!!
I love every single TRUE Castlevania game, i mean the sidescroller titles! I don't like lord of shadows or that 3d's awful titles.
Castlevania Dawn Of sorrow can be defined as one of the best Castlevania games ever made! Of Course it took the famous "Metroidvania" style. originated in Symphony of the night, but that's fine, because that style just fits very well in this kind of games. The music is a masterpiece, what a wonderful songs this game has. The argument and characters are simply great, very interesting things happens while you play, and that keeps you interested the whole game. Some enemies are new, there's some improved things, this game has much fun to offer, there's some puzzles also, like a door that you can open if the number match you gold, or if you buy a newspaper, it gives you some clues about certain creatures you can find. This game is really excellent, i am glad to be one of the gamers that LOVE CASTLEVANIA series. Sadly, this is one of the last Castlevania games that are actually good. hope in the near future we receive games like this one.
+ Excellent storyline
+ Wonderful music
+ Very good and innovative gameplay mechanics, like touch the screen to break the ice.
+ The characters are very cool, each one has a very interesting personality.
+ A new mode in wich you can create your own list of enemies to defeat.
+ This game retains all the good elements that made the Castlevania series so great.
+ Some good puzzles and secrets to discover, this game rewards the exploration.
+ Wireless mode has been imrpoved
- Some combat elements are exactly the same as the previous Castlevania games.
- Some enemies are too easy to defeat.… Expand
ChrisK.Oct 10, 2005Hattori, surely you can't be so ignorant to think they made this game for the DS groundup. One year for a Castlevania game? No, it began Hattori, surely you can't be so ignorant to think they made this game for the DS groundup. One year for a Castlevania game? No, it began as a GBA game, and they just threw in some gimmicky touch screen soul things to make people think it's a DS game, it's worked on you I guess.… Expand