• Record Label: V2

May 26, 2002
    Another good one.
  3. JS
    Sep 2, 2002
    a bunch of complete and utter twaddle. more 'tear-your-hair-out' than 'chill-out'.
  4. JohnF.
    May 8, 2002
    Moby, you're not going to be a licensing treasure two in a row, so do something interesting. This man could do so much better.
  5. Da1stldy
    Apr 7, 2003
    I love the differences in his music, how it relates to all genres! It's very appreciative when you love all different types of music. I, for one was brought up with hip hop and rnb, but find 18 and play so easy to slide into and to also appreciate indie, blues, techno and so on. I think it's excellent despite all that crap about his commercial or selling driven mind - maybe I love the differences in his music, how it relates to all genres! It's very appreciative when you love all different types of music. I, for one was brought up with hip hop and rnb, but find 18 and play so easy to slide into and to also appreciate indie, blues, techno and so on. I think it's excellent despite all that crap about his commercial or selling driven mind - maybe true, but I think he is more into pleasing himself than pleasing the recrd companies... look at Animal Rights, even I reckon that sucked but he loved it! It's just music people, not something to get so uptight about!! He's a great artist and great person! 18 is excellent. Expand
  6. MichaelE.
    Aug 3, 2002
    Nothing original, but wonderful mood music and much more consistent than "Play."
  7. EvanP.
    May 16, 2002
    Not a big jump from Play, but still a very solid album.
  8. thesillymofo
    May 26, 2002
    nme sucks. they think they have big balls to call other music other than techno/emo/indie sucky.
  9. MichaelS.
    Jun 5, 2002
    Yawn, Yawn. Not a chill out album, but the perfect piece of backgound music for your local restaurant or clothing store. A couple of decent songs, but mostly recycled material from PLAY. not very compelling.
  10. JenS
    May 2, 2005
    this is a great cd- techno meets soul
  11. TF
    Jun 5, 2005
    Not quite as good as Play, but still fun.
  12. MichaelF.
    May 14, 2002
    I'm a HUGE Moby fan. But this cd is just shit. I listened to the cd on AOL and I just thanked God that I didn't buy it. PLAY was a GREAT cd, every song was great and different. Well, with 18, every song is different, but fucking HORRIBLE! I bet that there's ONE good song on that cd. That's what they should call the cd "One to 17" 1 being the only good song and 17 being I'm a HUGE Moby fan. But this cd is just shit. I listened to the cd on AOL and I just thanked God that I didn't buy it. PLAY was a GREAT cd, every song was great and different. Well, with 18, every song is different, but fucking HORRIBLE! I bet that there's ONE good song on that cd. That's what they should call the cd "One to 17" 1 being the only good song and 17 being all the shitty ones. The songs sound like fucking lullabies for fuck's sake! At least it's original. But it's shit and a half. I could probably get more pleasue out of watching a shitty, good-for-nothing, offensive, close-minded, imature, stupid Eminem music video. But I probably wouldn't half as hard as this shitty cd. Expand
  13. HenryH.
    May 25, 2002
    Ooops, he did it again. "Play" again, but much less successful again.
  14. MarkM
    Jun 9, 2002
    I guess the expectations were too high after 'Play'. This cd doesn't quite reach the brilliance of that one. Should be interesting to see which direction Moby takes next.
  15. ALexanderN
    Jul 23, 2007
    Good mood and very deep feelings...
  16. FeiteF.
    May 15, 2002
    This album is really boring. '18' is just copy and paste fom 'Play'. Moby, you are more creative than this!
  17. MikeS.
    Jun 26, 2002
    Damn guys, what do you spect? I as good as Play but not better, just listen carefull the record again and you'll see that is a really beautifull album.
  18. Jun 25, 2012
    Keeping the style that he had from his Play album, Moby

1. The lead single, the excellent, Bowie-ish wibbler 'We Are All Made Of Stars' is a total red herring. The other 67 minutes and 17 tracks are 'Play' Redux; familiar-sounding "oh-lord-my-dog's-just-died" samples over shopworn pianos and strings, straining to be epic but lacking the crucial element of surprise that made 'Play' sound so innovative.
  2. Another cool chill-out album.
  3. Q Magazine
    A more coherent album [than Play], it enchances rather than advances his previous approach, proving superior to its predecessor because its music is more sensitive, its emotions more personal, and what's on offer is a closer, more inviting experience. [May 2002, p.105]