• Record Label: V2
7.2

Review this album

1. Da1stldy
    Apr 7, 2003
    I love the differences in his music, how it relates to all genres! It's very appreciative when you love all different types of music. I, for one was brought up with hip hop and rnb, but find 18 and play so easy to slide into and to also appreciate indie, blues, techno and so on. I think it's excellent despite all that crap about his commercial or selling driven mind - maybe I love the differences in his music, how it relates to all genres! It's very appreciative when you love all different types of music. I, for one was brought up with hip hop and rnb, but find 18 and play so easy to slide into and to also appreciate indie, blues, techno and so on. I think it's excellent despite all that crap about his commercial or selling driven mind - maybe true, but I think he is more into pleasing himself than pleasing the recrd companies... look at Animal Rights, even I reckon that sucked but he loved it! It's just music people, not something to get so uptight about!! He's a great artist and great person! 18 is excellent. Expand
    Jun 3, 2002
    c00li0!
  3. GwenT.
    May 26, 2002
    Another good one.
  4. JenS
    May 2, 2005
    this is a great cd- techno meets soul
  5. MikeS.
    Jun 26, 2002
    Damn guys, what do you spect? I as good as Play but not better, just listen carefull the record again and you'll see that is a really beautifull album.
  6. Jun 25, 2012
    Keeping the style that he had from his Play album, Moby
  7. EvanP.
    May 16, 2002
    Not a big jump from Play, but still a very solid album.
  8. thesillymofo
    May 26, 2002
    nme sucks. they think they have big balls to call other music other than techno/emo/indie sucky.
  9. TF
    Jun 5, 2005
    Not quite as good as Play, but still fun.
  10. ALexanderN
    Jul 23, 2007
    Good mood and very deep feelings...
  11. MichaelE.
    Aug 3, 2002
    Nothing original, but wonderful mood music and much more consistent than "Play."

1. The lead single, the excellent, Bowie-ish wibbler 'We Are All Made Of Stars' is a total red herring. The other 67 minutes and 17 tracks are 'Play' Redux; familiar-sounding "oh-lord-my-dog's-just-died" samples over shopworn pianos and strings, straining to be epic but lacking the crucial element of surprise that made 'Play' sound so innovative.
  2. Another cool chill-out album.
  3. Q Magazine
    A more coherent album [than Play], it enchances rather than advances his previous approach, proving superior to its predecessor because its music is more sensitive, its emotions more personal, and what's on offer is a closer, more inviting experience. [May 2002, p.105]