Acoustic Sessions - Sean Lennon
tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 1 more rating

Review this album

1. May 24, 2011
    Sean Lennon shows his poetic side on this album, and it is very creative and intrigueing. I love the songwriting and the quiet music. The word "artiste" comes to mind. He and his model girlfriend (forgot her name) have created a poetic gothic wonder-world where anything might happen. The lyrics are so romantic. Not quite as strong as his last album "Friendly Fire", it is still worth having just because it sounds so different from that album - no re-hashing here. And he has the "Lennon voice"! Considering that this is a duet with his girlfriend, I'd say that this would be his "Double Fantasy!" Great songwriting and lovely music! Keep it up Sean! We love you! Expand
  2. Feb 8, 2011
    I found the album very pleasant to listen to and think that it might be one of those albums that grows on you the more you listen to it. I think that Sean channels his dads creativity.

Altogether, Acoustic Sessions just lacks a lot of emotional depth, ditching conflict and challenge for sap. Shame.
  2. Dec 22, 2010
    Too often, though, the metronomic guitar-plucking and rainy-day harmonies give the tunes an interchangeable, mid-tempo somberness, which inevitably turns boring.
  3. Dec 20, 2010
    It's a pleasant enough listen, but the feeling of overwhelming pointlessness is hard to shake. [Dec 2010, p.98]