4.5

Review this album

1. Feb 10, 2011
    Despite their new drummer, the album doesn't have any huge difference from their previous release The Long Road. Rather than start this album from where The Long Road left off, it pretty much makes a duplicate. The songs don't really have any distinctive quality, either. Often you get the feeling that this band is just plain derivative, instead of adding their own twist to things.

The

The songwriting here is nothing special. The rhyming includes "photograph" and "laugh", "cared" and "shared", "lied" and "cried", "rockstar" and "car", among other things. Why didn't these guys just spend a little bit of their time with a rhyming dictionary for better ideas? Instrumentals are quite unimpressive, even with a drummer who proved himself talented in 3 Doors Down. It also seems like cliche is the middle name of all of the Nickelback members.

In the end it seems All The Right Reasons was made for all the wrong ones. Which is a shame, because some of the lyrics are actually quite meaningful. It's just that their badly written and boring. Overall, skip this one and look harder for the rare good modern hard rock band.
  2. Mar 18, 2011
    Far away rhymes "late" with "wait", and of course "long" with "along" Pure unadulterated genius. I was starting to think that people were being a little bit too harsh on popular music in general nowadays... UNTIL i heard this album. It just made me realize how you can STILL sell millions upon millions of albums yet with little to no effort put into each song. This is garbage that caters toFar away rhymes "late" with "wait", and of course "long" with "along" Pure unadulterated genius. I was starting to think that people were being a little bit too harsh on popular music in general nowadays... UNTIL i heard this album. It just made me realize how you can STILL sell millions upon millions of albums yet with little to no effort put into each song. This is garbage that caters to the lowest common denominator, and there is absolutely nothing on this album that compensates for the boring, trite, slavishly written lyrics, lack of passion, and droning, whiney vocals. Some lines sounds like he wrote them in 2 seconds.. Is it really that hard to go to the book store, pick up a rhyming dictionary, and come up with some better lines? I guess Chad is probably too lazy and is too concerned with $$$. Even if it's not as bad as alot of th youth-oriented/mainstream R&B (e.g. justin bieber) and most mainstream rap that you hear on the radio today, (which is why i didn't give a 0) it's still terrible... end of story
    Oh yea... If you want to hear GOOD albums (that have come out in recent time)... Kanye West's "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" Stone Temple Pilots self-titled album, Rob Thomas's Cradlesong or Radiohead's "The King of Limbs", just to name a few
  3. Nov 25, 2011
    hi, i'm sorry, i just see only two extreme sides to the argument. and almost no middle.
    now, i know my review suggests i'm not in the middle too, but at least let us give credit where credit is due.
    first of all, chad kroeger is an amazing singer. great capabilities, and great presence. - that much is true. other than that, we are definitely talking about one of the most horrible bands in
    first of all, chad kroeger is an amazing singer.
    great capabilities, and great presence. - that much is true.
    other than that, we are definitely talking about one of the most horrible bands in recent years.
    absolutely no originality whatsoever.
    lyrics that are obviously trying to get 13 year old boys and girls excited.
    talking about wanting to be a rockstar? i mean, since when did intelligent thinking lose its weight in music evaluation? and the most predictable lyrics i've ever friggin' seen, no depth, no nothing!
    about the playboy mansion and fifteen cars.. aren't these guys in their late 30's by now? is this for real?
    it is borderline retarded! and just thinking that someone (EVER) compared this band to pearl jam or other bands as such makes me wanna vomit..
    my god people.. listen to words by eddie vedder.. actual depth.. his no poet.. and he does slip into cliches now and again.. but he has substance.. this has nothing.. bad rhymes with the catchiest melodies they could think of!! you know why certain melodies are catchy?? cuz you friggin' heard them before a million times!! in fact, you heard them on the last nickelback album!!
    i would seriously reconsider my friendship with any person who claims he likes nickelback. this album, and for that matter, their body of... um.. work.. is an insult to human intelligence.
    its fine when you are 12-13, i mean, it is eye level with you and it is exciting.
    but this is no music for grown people.
    this is eye level to them becuz nickelback think like twelve year olds.
    btw - the first time i heard nickelback was "hero" which is not exactly nickelback, but same same.. and i remember thinking - this is a bit too popy.. but there is a sleight chance there is something behind this band... TOTALY **** WRONG
  4. Oct 30, 2012
    I don't even know what to say. It's goddamn Nickelback. It's not incompetently structured, but like... why does this even exist?
  5. May 21, 2014
    dear nickelback, stop making music. Your songs all sound alike, all their songs are about sex, drinking, and partying, your lyrics are boring, generic, and just uninspired. These guys killed post grunge with a shovel and creed made sure it stayed dead.
  6. Apr 11, 2013
    A bunch of groaning and terrible talent. I am not surprised that people in Portugal chunked rocks at them. They are extremely bland and their songs have the most shallow meanings that my Yorkshire Terrier's defecation sounds better and sound more deep than this abomination. I am a fan of rock and all genres of music... but this? WAT DA F#$ IS DIZ!?!?!?!
  7. Dec 30, 2013
    In a career of average albums with one or two good songs, Nickelback apparently just decided to not even try on this one. Every single song, even the gentle love songs, are so cheesy and devoid of emotion they are hard to even listen to more than a few seconds, with the hard rocking songs also being so shallow and obnoxious I felt like I might be And do not even get me started onIn a career of average albums with one or two good songs, Nickelback apparently just decided to not even try on this one. Every single song, even the gentle love songs, are so cheesy and devoid of emotion they are hard to even listen to more than a few seconds, with the hard rocking songs also being so shallow and obnoxious I felt like I might be And do not even get me started on "Rockstar," which might just take the prize as the worst song ever. Regardless, diehard fans of Nickelback might still find reasons to like this album, but anyone else should avoid All The Right Reasons at all costs (wow, even my criticism doesn't sound right).
    Note: I actually am not a Nickelback hater as many people reading this review might assume, as I actually like many of the singles they have released throughout the years. I just think this album is one of the worst albums ever.

1. Despite all their newly developed relative nuances, Nickelback remain unchanged: they're still unspeakably awful.
  2. Less polish and more attitude are welcome changes that fire up the rock numbers and give them more snap. [8 Oct 2005]
  3. They're exploring a richer, more diverse sound. [28 Oct 2005, p.84]