AM

• Release Date: Sep 10, 2013
8.5

Review this album

1. Oct 13, 2015
    Poor and weak **** for hipsters and tumblr fans. I don't understand how could they make such a boring album. I can't remember any of these songs. Maybe only two first singles - they were quite good but it's not the same Arctic Monkeys I liked.
  2. Jul 25, 2014
    The most pre-fabircated commercial **** i've ever listened. Instead of Arctic Monkeys I would call them Daniel Day Lewis Monkeys because their music is as awful as Daniel's performances.
  3. Nov 18, 2013
    Call me critical but this album brings nothing new to the table.
    Being a longtime arctic monkeys fan, I was incredibly disappointed with this album. The fun, energetic and frantic sounds of previous arctic monkeys albums was merely thrown aside when this album was made.
    The sounds that made them so popular in the past were no where in sight in this LP. In small doses, perhaps when
    Call me critical but this album brings nothing new to the table.
    In small doses, perhaps when listening to two or three songs in a row, the songs are quite interesting. R U Mine? Being my favourite as it is closest to arctic monkeys hit song formula- being very riff driven and with a hard hitting beat to bring the song home.

It often feels like vocals drone on. Complaining about women troubles and what not. With very disinterested vocals, easy beats, whinging lyrics and slow boring riffs, this album almost embarrasses it's fun having predecessors.

Slow songs from a band like arctic monkeys are often gems when they stand alone in a record, but as this features nothing but, it's hard to see what it does for me to enjoy it.
    A regression in instrumentation, vocals and compelling, cheeky lyrics, this album is best left on the shelf. What once made arctic monkeys such a unique and fun band looks to be disregarded.

HAD IT HAVE BEEN ANY OTHER BAND TO MAKE THIS ALBUM, IT WOULD BE PANNED BY CRITICS AND FANS ALIKE.
  4. Oct 22, 2013
    A generic, typically terrible arctic monkeys release that unsurprisingly fails in any sort of attempt at innovation. Sadly, it will sell by the truckload.
  5. Oct 3, 2013
    This is is just not as worse as suck it and see. The album depends too much of the first too songs, the rest is all boring musics. Note 3 for the first two and arabella.

1. Q Magazine
    Jan 27, 2014
    AM continues a pattern, then: every couple of years, the Monkeys make a great album, sounding tighter and more telepathic with each release. [Oct 2013, p.97]
  2. Oct 4, 2013
    AM's a heavy seduction, restless and all the better for it.
    In the end AM not only signifies a career-defining moment that neatly places the band on a proper pedestal for all to admire--this is where not only Arctic Monkeys have come but in many ways, how they’ve masterfully conquered and continue to simply win.