• Record Label: Sony
8.5

Review this album

1. KB
    Nov 17, 2007
    A great CD, with a range of songs from upbeat to slow, neo-soul to pop, and smooth to raspy.
  2. Alexandra-
    Feb 4, 2008
    Very good album, I like very much songs like 'No one', 'Like you'll never see me again', 'Tell you something', 'The thing about love'...and a great voice, probably the best;)...keep doing your thing, Alicia...Succes!
  3. JarrellC.
    Nov 15, 2007
    I have never been a big fan of Alicia Keys albums, just her singles. But As I Am is pure perfection. With amazing songs like "No One," "Like You'll Never See Me Again," "Sure Looks Good to Me," and "Superwoman" (just to name a few) this album is a classic. I seriously can't stop listening to it.
  4. JarekM.
    Nov 17, 2007
    The best album of HER!
  5. TW.
    Nov 30, 2007
    I am shocked at how good it is. I wasn't feeling the single, "No One" but then i heard the entire CD and now everything has changed.
  6. TrellT.
    Dec 6, 2007
    Her 1st two are obviously better; but she's the barometer.
  7. TheM
    Dec 10, 2007
    This is indeed an album that will happen to you. The pop edge made me a bit cautious at first but she made it work brilliantly.
  8. SilvioP
    Dec 13, 2007
    I Think It would be totally ridiculous to rate As I Am as anything less than a perfect bold beautiful masterpiece. It's different, It's fresh, but it goes to the pop side. Anyway, It's completely Wow!
  9. JayA.
    Dec 13, 2007
    One of Alicia Keys greatest albums, rejuvinating herself to be more herself, pulling from many different music genre's she loves and combining the to make this epic cd. Like You'll Never See Me Again has to be the love anthem of the year!
  10. JuanMiguelG.
    Dec 14, 2007
    Very emotional! What the doctor would prescribe you if you're in love!
  11. Joe
    Dec 25, 2007
    Definitely Keys' strongest album yet. Though her old albums clearly can't be discredited for having some amazing singles and stand alone tracks, this is the most cohesive album as a whole, with the fewest duds. For non-singles, "Superwoman," "Wreckless Love," and "Teenage Love Affair" are early favorites.
  12. NathalieF.
    Jan 2, 2008
    her best effort yet, without any doubt. outstanding tracks: wreckless love, where do we go from here, Lesson learned and sure looks good to me. must-have!
  13. BrianaB.
    Jan 2, 2008
    She did her thing! She constantly reinvents herself and has a different sound everytime. You can tell she's singing from her heart and soul with this album.
  14. Mikey
    Jan 11, 2008
    Most of this album is amazing...but I'd just buy the songs I think sound good on iTunes in order to make sure I actually get MY money's worth.
  15. Daniela
    Jan 14, 2008
    Great Album!Buy it!
  16. SalamaB.
    Jan 15, 2008
    I absolutely love the album. I listen to it every single day and I love every track! I guess I am Alicia Keys crazy!!
  17. RendaniM.
    Jan 27, 2008
    My goodness. From the intro, to the last song, this album is absolutely awesome. Well done Alicia. My favourites: "tell you something", "thing about love", "superwoman", and "go ahead".
  18. GabiP.
    Feb 11, 2008
    "Bringin' r&b back from the hips to the heart" (and head) :)
  19. GabiP.
    Feb 11, 2008
    "Bringin' r&b back from the hips to the heart" (and head) :)
  20. EveC.
    Mar 4, 2008
    The most soul awakening rnb album of all time.
  21. JanB
    May 4, 2008
    An extremely nice album, in good way old-stylish. Listening to it gives me much pleasure.
  22. JeremyE.
    Jan 2, 2009
    I don't know why critics don't like this album it was really good.
  23. Dany
    Aug 29, 2009
    Perfect!
  24. Aug 10, 2011
    o album e muito bom. possui um estilo mais POP do que seus antecessores, tem batidas mais fortes, e musicas mais comerciais, porem, sem perder a qualidade.
  25. DMB
    Dec 15, 2011
    If you want to by ONE Alicia Keys album. Make sure it is this one! Perfect, cannot be faulted!

1. And so even though As I Am is a flawed work--a little too poppy, a little too clich├ęd--it is also indicative of what Keys can and will do, and that she is someone, thanks to her curiosity, intelligence, and natural talent, who will be able to mature and grow for years to come
  2. The strong stories that Keys spins are complemented by deft musical arrangements that integrate more rock and pop into her enriched old-school vibe.
  3. Despite Perry's penchant for bland mantras, her American Idol-ready songs best showcase Keys' husky range and position her in a mainstream light.