7.6

Review this album

1. Dec 15, 2010
    I love this album. There aren't many misses on this album, and Ciara played to her strengths. Vocally she's not the strongest, but the songs are catchy and memorable anyways. She is finally sticking to her strengths of being a pop singer in a R&B shell. I particularly love "Speechless", "Yeah I Know", and "Turn It Up." I hope that "Turn It Up" is the next single and that Usher does make an appearance on the video. I think this will cement her place with artists like Rihanna, Beyonce, and Katy Perry. Expand
  2. Dec 17, 2010
    This is one of the best R&B album of this year. Ciara is pure talent and she is trying to show everybody her skills as an artist. Maybe she doesn't have the big marketing machine than others artists have but her talent will stand for her.
  3. emc
    Dec 18, 2010
    When you have given the album a few listens, you can tell that Ciara has taken her time making it just perfect! It's amazing! You can listen to it all the way through it without skipping any tracks! Only song i'm not so into is Girls Get Your Money, but it's ejoyable though, so i don't have to skip it! To me it's clearly THE ALBUM OF THE YEAR! GO GET IT!(: Favorites: Basic Instinct (U Got Me), Ride featuring Ludacris, Gimmie Dat, Heavy Rotation, Yeah I Know, Speechless, You Can Get It, Turn It Up featuring Usher & Wants For Dinner! Expand
  4. May 29, 2011
    It's a terrible shame that Ciara's most critically-acclaimed album is the one that was such a flop that she was dropped from her record label. All the songs are great. My favorite is "You Can Get It".

1. Jan 7, 2011
    Let's face it, outside of the obvious singles, it's filler town.
    Celebrity, commodity, singer, sex object, cyborg - Ciara just about fuses all of them on Basic Instinct, her fourth studio album.
  3. Dec 14, 2010
    Basic Instinct offers enough android booty bass action to satisfy those who like their rhythms complicated but repetitive and hooks foreseeable from a mile away, but pleasant enough when they arrive.