Beyoncé - Beyonce
8.3

Review this album

1. Dec 17, 2014
    Cabe resaltar que Beyoncé ha sido capaz de hacer ver un album meramente experimental para su estilo como si desde el inicio de su carrera fuese una artista madura y una genio del R&B de la nueva era.
  2. Dec 16, 2014
    (Already counting on the Platinum Edition) I can not understand all this love that people have for this album, it really is a good album, but not the best of Beyoncé, many his songs make me sleep and I can not hear whole, the lucky for you there are great songs that save the album.
    Highlights: Partition and Drunk In Love
    Lows: Superpower and No Angel
  3. Dec 13, 2014
    BEYONCE shows so much artistic growth. It's a truly stunning album.
    Rocket, Drunk In Love and ***Flawless have to be some of the best songs of all time!
  4. Nov 30, 2014
    The self-titled album from R&B/Pop Superstar Beyoncé is a terrific effort. Each song is perfectly crafted and lyrically fenomenal. With songs like "Pretty Hurts," "Heaven," and "Blue," Beyoncé really delivers her vocal talent. Beyoncé also dabbles in some urban style on songs like "Flawless," "No Angel," and "Drunk in Love." The visuals on this album are an added bonus. The album itselfThe self-titled album from R&B/Pop Superstar Beyoncé is a terrific effort. Each song is perfectly crafted and lyrically fenomenal. With songs like "Pretty Hurts," "Heaven," and "Blue," Beyoncé really delivers her vocal talent. Beyoncé also dabbles in some urban style on songs like "Flawless," "No Angel," and "Drunk in Love." The visuals on this album are an added bonus. The album itself could have stood alone without the videos, and it would have done just as great. 10/10. This album is great in every way. Expand
  5. Nov 27, 2014
    As a seasoned R&B veteran who has long earned her stripes, Beyonce's fifth studio offering is disappointing in its lack of growth from previous albums and its unoriginal rehashing of tried and tested R&B tropes. Ms Knowles would do well to remember that sexier does not always equal better and hard work does not always deliver when the content is abysmally thought out to begin with. WhileAs a seasoned R&B veteran who has long earned her stripes, Beyonce's fifth studio offering is disappointing in its lack of growth from previous albums and its unoriginal rehashing of tried and tested R&B tropes. Ms Knowles would do well to remember that sexier does not always equal better and hard work does not always deliver when the content is abysmally thought out to begin with. While others laud her vocal technique and attention to detail, the lack of depth in this album makes it evident that Ms Knowles lacks basic understanding of music genres other than R&B and variations of pop. It is disheartening to know that this incomprehension does not matter when you have a fantastic production team, incredibly marketing savvy and a solid fanbase who will swear blind that pink is blue, just so that their 'Queen' may continue to reign. Expand
  6. Oct 11, 2014
    Experimental and Artistic, Personal and Sexual. BEYONCÉ sounds like that or even more. Lyrically, Queen B puts her emotions and she's not afraid, Instrumentally sometimes falls but still great.
  7. Sep 19, 2014
    Sem dúvida o melhor album de 2013. Bey surpreendeu a todos, com uma majestosa surpresa. "BEYONCE" mescla um pop/r&b, com pegadas hip-hop. Destaque para BOOTS, um dos melhores produtores desse album.
  8. Sep 10, 2014
    Beyonce's new album Beyonce is just as bad as the rest of her manufactured corporate garbage. Beyonce does not write her own lyrics. Each of her songs are written by 2 to 7 different writers. She is listed as a co-writer even though she didn't do anything to give the song "credibility". This is the way it is with all pop artists. They are always credited as one of the writers even thoughBeyonce's new album Beyonce is just as bad as the rest of her manufactured corporate garbage. Beyonce does not write her own lyrics. Each of her songs are written by 2 to 7 different writers. She is listed as a co-writer even though she didn't do anything to give the song "credibility". This is the way it is with all pop artists. They are always credited as one of the writers even though they didn't anything. Beyonce's latest album is another prime example of label manufactured garbage. The record label executives made all the creative decisions. All Beyonce did was show up in the studio for 2 days to record songs written and composed for her by other people. That is all the effort she put in this album. I don't review albums based on the record label's contribution. I base my reviews on the artist's contribution. Beyonce didn't do anything. She is just as lazy as her sellout husband Jay Z. Jay Z and Beyonce represent everything wrong with today's music. People who enjoy this album have never heard music outside of billboard top 40 hits. There is a lot of good music out there but not on this album. Expand
  9. Sep 10, 2014
    Gosto muito da Beyoncé,mas esse álbum não me agradou. O álbum foi um estouro na época,já que foi lançado de surpresa,então achei que seria um ótimo álbum,mas ele é apenas mediano. Existem músicas muito boas,como Pretty Hurts e XO,mas a maior parte do álbum não é boa. A Bey consegue ser melhor que isso.
  10. Sep 6, 2014
    O álbum BEYONCÉ foi uma surpresa para todos, quando foi lançado de surpresa no iTunes, e ele surpreendeu a muitos. Depois de ouvi-lo, formulei uma opinião própria: é um album mediano. Não que seja ruim. BEYONCÉ é um álbum com músicas lentas em sua maioria e também são muito compridas. Dangerously, I Am... Sasha Fierce e 4, em minha opinião, são bem melhores do que esse álbum.
  11. Aug 30, 2014
    O que esperar de uma artista com 17 Grammys e tantos marcos na carreira? Que ela se acomode. Mas Beyoncé faz o contrário, prova o seu valor cada vez mais e mostra que não tem a mínima pretensão de deixar os holofotes da indústria. Tem 1 Grammy pra cada ano de carreira e se depender desse álbum, terá mais um para cada próximo ano que virá.
  12. Aug 25, 2014
    She really surprising. Compositions, vocals, melodies ... Everything is amazing! I think "perfect" is correct for this artwork term. BEYONCE Undoubtedly the best album of 2013 and one of the best of recent times.
  13. Aug 25, 2014
    Beyoncé (album) states that not only Beyoncé (singer) can surely master the art of audiovisual creativity, but can unite power, consistency and, of course, a beautifully placed voice in one single piece of heaven. With songs that go from a desperate perfection-addiction to an acute case of nymphomania, there's no need to doubt why she is called Queen B. She's earned the crown anyway, hands down.
  14. Jul 22, 2014
    Melhor álbum de 2013, não foi o melhor dela, mas o álbum tem uma ótima qualidade e muito gostoso de se ouvir, BEYONCÉ salvou o ano de 2013 com essa surpresa, rainha negra é assim mesmo!!
  15. Jul 17, 2014
    OMG, this album sucks, is the same freaking kind of R&B, nothing change about influences or beats, it's all the same. Is so easy make money like this.
  16. Jul 11, 2014
    I think this is the best album of Beyoncé. She can go from calm and lovely song even more powerful song, taking his impeccable voice without losing control of your tunes.
  17. Jul 7, 2014
    In my personal opinion, this is Beyoncé's 2nd best album, to I Am...Sasha Fierce. However I believe the overall messages of the songs are more powerful and emotive. The opening track, 'Pretty Hurts', discusses the importance of self confidence, and how trying to be beautiful and fit in to society's standards of beauty is so dangerous and harmful to us. The songs 'XO' and 'Blue' are alsoIn my personal opinion, this is Beyoncé's 2nd best album, to I Am...Sasha Fierce. However I believe the overall messages of the songs are more powerful and emotive. The opening track, 'Pretty Hurts', discusses the importance of self confidence, and how trying to be beautiful and fit in to society's standards of beauty is so dangerous and harmful to us. The songs 'XO' and 'Blue' are also personal, emotional ballads, to her husband and the latter to her daughter. In contrast, songs like '***Flawless', 'Partition' and 'Blow' still have powerful messages, yet use more upbeat dance production. An array of beats with the same recurring message. The only thing that stops it receiving a perfect 10 is the mashup of tracks like Yoncé & Partition or Ghost & Haunted. A process which I never found appealing. Still strongly recommend. Expand
  18. Jun 23, 2014
    Bee's historical album!
    and it's amazing that she tried colorful music and MV.
    especially I love "Ghost", "XO", "Mine", "Haunted", "Yonce" and so on...
    absolutely her revolutionary album!!!
  19. Jun 20, 2014
    Mais uma prova de que nem tudo que a crítica aclama,é bom.
    Talvez esse 85 no Metacritc sejam pelas vendas,que sim,foram altas,mas não compraram a qualidade desse album.
    Continuo achando que I Am...Sasha Fierce é seu único bom album.
  20. Jun 16, 2014
    Love álbum, Love so so so manch beyoncé arrasou pisou com força nazinimigax adireo o álbum perfeito lindo otimo realmente uma obra de arte maravilhoso parabéns beyoncé
  21. Jun 15, 2014
    Ich hätte von beyonce ein besseres Album erwartet statt dieser Mainstream Electro-RnB, und Pop album......vorallem verstehe ich nicht wieso sie jetzt so viel Sex in dem Album hat, und einfach einen Feministischen vorwand dafür benutzt, sie hat es nicht nötig ihren Körper so billig zu präsentieren, sie ist nicht Miley, Rihanna oder Lady Gaga. Beyonce hat so viel mehr talent als die dreiIch hätte von beyonce ein besseres Album erwartet statt dieser Mainstream Electro-RnB, und Pop album......vorallem verstehe ich nicht wieso sie jetzt so viel Sex in dem Album hat, und einfach einen Feministischen vorwand dafür benutzt, sie hat es nicht nötig ihren Körper so billig zu präsentieren, sie ist nicht Miley, Rihanna oder Lady Gaga. Beyonce hat so viel mehr talent als die drei zusammen....aber sie hat anscheinend gemerkt das sich ihre alben nicht mehr so gut verkaufen, aber dan gleich auf Sexsells zu setzten???.......auch wenn einige Lieder gut produziert sind, so enttäuscht sie mich mit ihrem Album, das ist leider das bisher schlechteste von ihren 5 alben Expand
  22. Jun 3, 2014
    Great album! The videos, the songs, the surprise release ... I like the simplicity of the songs. Here Beyoncé sings about personal things like relationship between mother and child, death, sex (in a romantic way), relationship problems, etc..

Highlights: Jealous, Pretty Hurts, XO, Flawless and Blow.
  23. May 30, 2014
    The album, while it was enjoyable, I didn't see it as the masterpiece everyone is making it out to be. The songs were catchy and unforgettable, but it wasn't different from any other Beyonce album that I've heard.
  24. May 23, 2014
    6 months after the release, I am still charmed by it.
    experimental sounds are mesmerizing!
    this record is the least commercial of her, ba a large margin and I lvoe it!
    well done bey!
  25. May 11, 2014
    Out of the few female R&B artists of note, Beyonce is the best going round & this album stamps her authority.
    Standout Tracks: Drunk in Love, Partition, Blue, Heaven, Superpower.
  26. Apr 22, 2014
    Beyonce seems to be going in the right direction. The album is not a masterpiece by any means, but it sounds more experimental than ever coming from her. One of Beyonce´s main problem as a recording artist is her lack of creativity (well, her writers lack of creativity) and she seems to be getting better on that front. Her voice keeps being in a good state (no Whitney Houston but you know,Beyonce seems to be going in the right direction. The album is not a masterpiece by any means, but it sounds more experimental than ever coming from her. One of Beyonce´s main problem as a recording artist is her lack of creativity (well, her writers lack of creativity) and she seems to be getting better on that front. Her voice keeps being in a good state (no Whitney Houston but you know, good for nowadays low standards). There is still an over abundance of raunchy songs, which have always been the main structure of her career. The best part of the album is the last, where all that disappears. Expand
  27. Mar 20, 2014
    Average album. I only like Pretty Hurts, Drunk In Love, Yonce and Blue. To be serious, other songs made me bored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  28. Mar 18, 2014
    Beyoncé surprises the world with her secret 5th studio album entitled Beyoncé but fails to win me over like she did on her previous attempts.

I have been a fan of her's since i first heard Crazy in Love but really came on board with B-day and I am... Sasha Fierce which really impressed me with her ability to sing and write some of the best songs of the past decade. However she dipped with 4, in my opinion. I found that the album was mediocre at best (apart from Run the world, I was here & Best thing i never had). Then with Beyoncé she has failed to get back on top. Don't get me wrong its a very good album but isn't up to her standard.

Songs such as Partition, Mine, Blue & Heaven are all 5/5's are are the real highlights of this album. They are all amazing! Heaven particularly reminiscent of her I am work in particular Halo. However, Drunk in love, Rocket, Superpower, Yoncé & Flawless all prove to be rubbish! They sound very bad and are nothing like what this woman can make!! Flawless & Drunk in love are mediocre but ultimately are hyped up songs that end up adding to nothing more than average at best.

Overall, it's a good album with some brilliant songs but it has its 'flaws' and is certainly not as good as her previous work.
  29. Mar 15, 2014
    Her best yet. It is most certainly, most determined to be only about the music. It abandoned inspiring messages, marketing, and everything else to be able to make an album so perfectly woven together, it's simply a masterpiece. The crown jewel is Ghost, which uses such ambient and soft sounds, so quiet yet it speaks louder than any of her R&B songs. Good job, Queen Bee. Good job.
  30. Mar 15, 2014
    Beyonce, once again, changed the music industry. Her album tells a story, a story of a woman who is not afraid to show all sides of her. You can't decide weather you would listen to it or watch it. It's a combination of pure talent and hard work. She started a new era of music. There is a reason Beyonce is called a Queen, and her "visual album" proves why she is on top for the past 15Beyonce, once again, changed the music industry. Her album tells a story, a story of a woman who is not afraid to show all sides of her. You can't decide weather you would listen to it or watch it. It's a combination of pure talent and hard work. She started a new era of music. There is a reason Beyonce is called a Queen, and her "visual album" proves why she is on top for the past 15 years and will remain to sit on HER throne. Expand
  31. Mar 4, 2014
    Welcome back " Queen B " Beyonce has really brought out honesty and boldness in this album, expressing her music in a very experimental way. You rock !!!
  32. Mar 4, 2014
    Beyoncé's voice is good, it's indisputable... Bút I tried much to listen the full album. It's so hard to feel such tunes. I hope she will return to her before style "single ladies"
  33. Feb 27, 2014
    THIS IS THE WORSE ALBUM OF BEYONCÉ, WITHOUT THE WOOOOOOOOOOW THAT "4" AND I AM SACHA FIRCE SHOWS THIS ALBUNS SHOW A BEYONCE MORE VULNERABLE AND BORING
  34. Feb 26, 2014
    Ótimo CD/DVD, nada se compara aos lançados em 2013!
    PERFEIÇÃO, é a palavra que define completamente esse álbum!
    Beyoncé é ótima em tudo que cria/lança!
  35. Feb 23, 2014
    A horrible album. I did not like any songs. The only decent song in this album was 'Drunk in Love', even then, it is average at best. Not a good album. This album fell below my expectations. Boo you, Beyonce.
  36. Feb 22, 2014
    though the visual side to the album offers some background to each song, the album alone, without the videos is touching and enjoyable enough. There is an awful lot of language in there that might perhaps need some over-looking but otherwise Beyonce seems to have messages to deliver in her songs and they make the songs feel more vital and enjoyable. Beyonce has redefined her music, and shethough the visual side to the album offers some background to each song, the album alone, without the videos is touching and enjoyable enough. There is an awful lot of language in there that might perhaps need some over-looking but otherwise Beyonce seems to have messages to deliver in her songs and they make the songs feel more vital and enjoyable. Beyonce has redefined her music, and she has created without doubt the greatest album of her entire career in the music business. Expand
  37. Feb 1, 2014
    all songs are the same. This album has no vision. is boring, tedious and not at all innovative. people like it because it's beyonce, if he had published another artist, no one would like.
  38. Jan 31, 2014
    I was told to listen to it because ITS SOOO GOOOD apparently, no beyonce album has bored me like this one, overrated crap imo. Everyone has become complacent towards her and its obvious
  39. Jan 21, 2014
    B put her foot into this one. This is all I am listening to right now. Videos are beautiful, she is beautiful, her baby is beautiful. I was just a regular fan before she dropped this album but I am now a full blown stan. Best album of the year!!
  40. Jan 19, 2014
    I think this is Beyonce best work to date! The level of musicality, topics she discusses and vocal maturity really shows us why she is one of the best in the music industry.
  41. Jan 12, 2014
    Beyoncé pegou a todos de surpresa e isso só prova mais ainda que ela é maravilhosa em tudo que faz.Creio que esse álbum visual mudou os conceitos da música,ela surpreende a cada uma delas.Os videos deram ainda mais enfase,o que ficou melhor ainda de entender as músicas.O mundo da música já pode considerar uma nova rainha:Beyoncé!!!
  42. Jan 9, 2014
    Beyonce at her core has proven to be a student of music, particularly of the R and B genre, but with each album she has experimented with other flavors. This album amazingly brings so many sounds together while still sounding like one. Clearly Beyonce's best album by far, and arguably the best mainstream album in the last decade. Impeccable production, unique song structures, mindBeyonce at her core has proven to be a student of music, particularly of the R and B genre, but with each album she has experimented with other flavors. This album amazingly brings so many sounds together while still sounding like one. Clearly Beyonce's best album by far, and arguably the best mainstream album in the last decade. Impeccable production, unique song structures, mind blowing vocals, boundary pushing content, everything you want and more from a cultural blockbuster. Expand
  43. Jan 9, 2014
    I just love it. This is the Beyonce that I like, it is such a good album, love the R&B mixed with Pop and Hip-Hop, it's incredible. Beyonce knew how to make this albums, it has a good variety and the lyrics shows the amazing artist that Beyonce is, a lot of songs that are excellent like "Pretty Hurts", "Partition", "Drunk in Love", "XO", and others; I like the message that she wants toI just love it. This is the Beyonce that I like, it is such a good album, love the R&B mixed with Pop and Hip-Hop, it's incredible. Beyonce knew how to make this albums, it has a good variety and the lyrics shows the amazing artist that Beyonce is, a lot of songs that are excellent like "Pretty Hurts", "Partition", "Drunk in Love", "XO", and others; I like the message that she wants to shows with the album, it's really good music. Expand
  44. Jan 9, 2014
    This album really has all the great things of Beyoncé in it. Creativity, maturity and honesty are the keywords of this album. This album includes strong pop ballads as Pretty Hurts, urban/hiphop songs such as ***Flawless and strong R&B midtempoes as Partition, Haunted and Drunk In Love. XO as the lead single is a really smart choice, because it's kind of an anthem. It's a very great loveThis album really has all the great things of Beyoncé in it. Creativity, maturity and honesty are the keywords of this album. This album includes strong pop ballads as Pretty Hurts, urban/hiphop songs such as ***Flawless and strong R&B midtempoes as Partition, Haunted and Drunk In Love. XO as the lead single is a really smart choice, because it's kind of an anthem. It's a very great love song. Beyoncé really shows her voice and talent in this album and she knows how to keep on being the best one in the game. Expand
  45. Jan 8, 2014
    sensuality, mature, sexuality, strenght, fierce, emotion, honesty... a wonderful album for mrs carter, the best of her career for me, i still listening this 2/3 times by day
  46. Jan 7, 2014
    I have always appreciated Beyonce as an artist, however, honestly I never looked to her for intellectually stimulating organic music. I figured we only had Janelle Monae achieving any greatness in the R&B/electronic realm. With this record I stand corrected. It is a beautifully expressive piece of work. It's not perfect, but hey it's pop at it's finest. This album will be rememberedI have always appreciated Beyonce as an artist, however, honestly I never looked to her for intellectually stimulating organic music. I figured we only had Janelle Monae achieving any greatness in the R&B/electronic realm. With this record I stand corrected. It is a beautifully expressive piece of work. It's not perfect, but hey it's pop at it's finest. This album will be remembered years after any of us are around. I really hope she continues to experiment because we need more artists willing to do more than make an extra dollar. Expand
  47. Jan 6, 2014
    Beyoncé's fifth Studio album is her best yet. I was excited to hear the direction her music would go in after becoming a mother and I'm glad it''s a good one. She manages to stay true to the Beyoncé' we all know and love while still revealing sides to her that we have never seen. There is something for everyone here. Fans, Stans and even non-fans can appreciate this body of work. BeyondBeyoncé's fifth Studio album is her best yet. I was excited to hear the direction her music would go in after becoming a mother and I'm glad it''s a good one. She manages to stay true to the Beyoncé' we all know and love while still revealing sides to her that we have never seen. There is something for everyone here. Fans, Stans and even non-fans can appreciate this body of work. Beyond the hype of the surprise release, there is some great music here. Congratulations to Beyoncé' for taking a risk and not being afraid to focus on the ALBUM again. Expand
  48. Jan 6, 2014
    A flawless effort, Beyonce's self-titled fifth album is the best pop album of 2013. Each song is masterfully crafted and charismatically performed. The album is dynamic and deftly balanced between upbeat and somber due to a mixture of urban/hip-hop, R&B, and pop. Highlights include "X0," "Blue Ivy," "Partition," "No Angel," "***Flawless," and the irresistible "Blow."
  49. Jan 6, 2014
    Not impressed by this album at all. Every song is boring and unoriginal. I don't see a single hit song on this album. The only song I did like was "BLOW" which can't be played on the radio.
  50. Jan 6, 2014
    This album offers so much variety sonically and thematically. It showcases Beyonce's maturity as an artist and talks about very personal matters on the album (regarding sexuality, femininity, and motherhood). Each song is artistically crafted and not created for radio purposes.
  51. Jan 6, 2014
    O álbum visual que mudou o jogo! Beyoncé está de volta e novamente se reinventando. Com uma estratégia incrível de focar apenas na arte que fazer música, ela trouxe ao auge novamente uma reinvenção e inovação de si mesma. Um álbum pra não pular uma música se quer. Essa obra prima permeia diversas formas de arte que caminham desde a simplicidade pop até a complexidade musical R&B, comO álbum visual que mudou o jogo! Beyoncé está de volta e novamente se reinventando. Com uma estratégia incrível de focar apenas na arte que fazer música, ela trouxe ao auge novamente uma reinvenção e inovação de si mesma. Um álbum pra não pular uma música se quer. Essa obra prima permeia diversas formas de arte que caminham desde a simplicidade pop até a complexidade musical R&B, com vocais perfeitos e muita história pra contar. Um álbum íntimo e pessoal, que ao mesmo tempo mostra as diversas faces de uma mulher adulta, que já não precisa provar nada a ninguém. Sem dúvidas, o melhor álbum da cantora. Expand
  52. Jan 5, 2014
    as a surprise album with no promotion it could've gone either two ways, which it ironically did, as breaking records in America and barely reaching the same chart position as her lowest charting album in the UK. However this is a valiant effort for someone hailed the queen when really people have had better success than her. the uptempo (blow, drunk in love, xo, partition) are great butas a surprise album with no promotion it could've gone either two ways, which it ironically did, as breaking records in America and barely reaching the same chart position as her lowest charting album in the UK. However this is a valiant effort for someone hailed the queen when really people have had better success than her. the uptempo (blow, drunk in love, xo, partition) are great but the down tempo songs leave me wanting something more to happen, and sometimes it feels like two songs have been stuck together with the awkward pauses, nevertheless a valiant effort, but maybe pushing the boundaries too far, i doubt the singles will chart high without promotion and videos already out there Expand
  53. Jan 5, 2014
    This album is everything! From her soul raising voice to her "Whitney" esque pop voice, She is arugably the most talented artist alive. She has the abilities to not only sillhouette Michael Jackson but bring back the presence of Michael and Tina and Whitney, all in one Power Phoenomenon. True Superstar! True Legend!
  54. Jan 4, 2014
    Intresting way to promote a production but lets be honest, we can not say the same about music. Just repetitive black-female power with hi-cost production from Beyoncé, nothing revolutionary or even well-writtened. Mainstream can do incredible stuff, but not when your resource for doing it is your previous musical failures merchandasing succes for having a fenomenal production. I reallyIntresting way to promote a production but lets be honest, we can not say the same about music. Just repetitive black-female power with hi-cost production from Beyoncé, nothing revolutionary or even well-writtened. Mainstream can do incredible stuff, but not when your resource for doing it is your previous musical failures merchandasing succes for having a fenomenal production. I really think Beyoncé biggest participation in this LP is her name at the cover. (sorry for ortography, im mexican) Expand
  55. Jan 4, 2014
    Esperava um álbum muito melhor da Beyoncé, e ela lança este comprimido para dormir. Senti falta de músicas dançantes, há algumas músicas boas mas o resto não se aproveita. A melhor coisa do álbum mesmo o conceito.
  56. Jan 1, 2014
    Beyonce shocked us all when she released her self-titled album without any sort of promotion or any indication she was working on her new record. This album is less commercial than her previous efforts but channels more soul and depth than a lot of her pop/r&b contemporaries.
  57. Dec 28, 2013
    "BEYONCE" name itself is synonymous to PERFECTION The album is flawless... all the 14 tracks speak in unison for the entire record!!!! "Blow", "Jealous", "No Angel.... in short, all the tracks are master pieces...! "No Angel" is favorite (mine!!) off the record...! *BOW DOWN* its SLAYONCé
  58. Dec 27, 2013
    Now that that faux shock has worn off, this album is garbage. Luckily, with the top producers like The Dream, Timbaland, Pharell, etc. It's easy to overshadow the mediocrity and nursery rhymed lyrics, but it's still not enough to make this a solid album. Beyonce is not one of those artists known for originality, being innovative, or creative, and while I'll give credit that she tried to doNow that that faux shock has worn off, this album is garbage. Luckily, with the top producers like The Dream, Timbaland, Pharell, etc. It's easy to overshadow the mediocrity and nursery rhymed lyrics, but it's still not enough to make this a solid album. Beyonce is not one of those artists known for originality, being innovative, or creative, and while I'll give credit that she tried to do something different, this is a no go. The novelty has definitely worn off, and won't be one of those albums that'll be played for years to come. But hey, since this generation is obsessed with videos, I guess you can look forward to that. Because clearly the material isn't good enough to stand on its own without visual imagery. Expand
  59. Dec 26, 2013
    The album is cohesive without songs sounding the same. Beyoncé has managed to record an album that appeals to the masses without sounding like anything else mainstream. Her voice hasn't sounded better than it does on this album. It's a great body of work that shows off her voice brilliantly and we hear her voice differently to how we have in the past. The videos add to the listeningThe album is cohesive without songs sounding the same. Beyoncé has managed to record an album that appeals to the masses without sounding like anything else mainstream. Her voice hasn't sounded better than it does on this album. It's a great body of work that shows off her voice brilliantly and we hear her voice differently to how we have in the past. The videos add to the listening experience by telling the story that Beyoncé felt while recording each song. Expand
  60. Dec 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. And Beyoncé's nothing surprises us with his new job, I thought that Friday the 13th would be just another "scary", but saw not. Beyoncé knows what he does, and does well. BEYONCE is there! Expand
  61. Dec 24, 2013
    If someone had told you in 2011 that the next Beyoncé release would be the most "independent" album of 2013, would you ever have believed them? I readily admit, such a comment would have elicited little more than a scoff from myself. Yet, a down-to-the-buzzer contender for album of the year, BEYONCE seems to rely more on DIY aesthetic than any other major release seen this year. Singles?If someone had told you in 2011 that the next Beyoncé release would be the most "independent" album of 2013, would you ever have believed them? I readily admit, such a comment would have elicited little more than a scoff from myself. Yet, a down-to-the-buzzer contender for album of the year, BEYONCE seems to rely more on DIY aesthetic than any other major release seen this year. Singles? Nope. Months-long promotional gimmicks? No press at all (lookin' at you, Yeezus/Reflektor/Shaking the Habitual). Touring? BEFORE the release of the album? Hell, yes ("I don't trust these record labels I'm touring", she sings on "Haunted"). BEYONCE is a vital assertion of individuality and artistic integrity from an ARTIST (and by this point, she has inexorably earned that title) whose royal status intrinsically invites stagnation.
    A decidedly experimental album, unconventionalities of pop music abound: extended intros, outros, spoken word interludes, movements, and any other indulgences present are earned over and over again. And despite a seemingly sudden awareness of her own illustrious status, the album is also her most emotionally frank, putting herself in a particularly vulnerable position. It's altogether a risk of gargantuan proportions and it pays off beautifully, somehow endearing Mrs. Carter-Knowles to her audience more than she already is.
    Though you probably won't find many of these songs with much radio time, the album displays an even broader range of styles and themes that we've come to expect from a typical Beyoncé album. Within BEYONCE, you'll find: explorations of her marriage (with Jay Z, who quests on "Drunk in Love"), both ups ("Blow", "Partition") and downs ("Jealous"), criticism of body image attitudes ("Pretty Hurts"), statements of supremacy ("***Flawless") and self-awareness ("No Angel), heartfelt farewells to lost loved ones ("Heaven"), odes to motherhood ("Blue"), and, of course, one big group-hug sing-along anthem that you swear could solve every major world problem ("XO"). And despite its grandiosity, it culminates with a general air of restraint (hear how spare that production is) and control (check how exclusive that guest list of producers and guest vocals is) with few exceptions, a feat no one other than the Queen Bey herself could carry out. Bow down, indeed.
  62. Dec 23, 2013
    I have to say that as a big Beyonce fan, I am a little miffed at this album. I always knew Beyonce was capable of greatness but I had no idea that she was capable of such greatness as is this. This album eclipses all of the previous ones as Beyonce's most frank, candid and honest body of work throughout her entire career. What I love most about Beyonce is the experimental nature of theI have to say that as a big Beyonce fan, I am a little miffed at this album. I always knew Beyonce was capable of greatness but I had no idea that she was capable of such greatness as is this. This album eclipses all of the previous ones as Beyonce's most frank, candid and honest body of work throughout her entire career. What I love most about Beyonce is the experimental nature of the production and her voice. Though not as vociferous as its predecessor, 4, BEYONCE is Beyonce's most dynamic vocal performance. Her voice is light and airy on tracks like Ghost, powerful on the amazing Pretty Hurts, evocative on tracks like Heaven and No Angel and soulful like gems Rocket and Superpower. With an all star list of collaborators, perhaps the most heartfelt belongs to her own daughter, Blue Ivy Carter. The track, Blue, is an airy pop ballad that showcases Beyonce in a more delicate light than the one we're used to with her dynamic stage persona. Essentially, this is perhaps my favorite release of 2013 and I'm excited to see where Beyonce's artistry will take her next. Expand
  63. Dec 22, 2013
    This surprise self-titled release by Beyonce is arguably her best work. Beyonce has a voice that of her own signature connotation and no one can really impersonate her. She uses this to her advantage in this latest problem, exploring matters such as her baby daughter in soft drumming rhythms and crooning voice and lyrics. One of the best albums of the year, and an R&B venture that is aThis surprise self-titled release by Beyonce is arguably her best work. Beyonce has a voice that of her own signature connotation and no one can really impersonate her. She uses this to her advantage in this latest problem, exploring matters such as her baby daughter in soft drumming rhythms and crooning voice and lyrics. One of the best albums of the year, and an R&B venture that is a cut above the rest. Expand
  64. Dec 22, 2013
    O álbum me surpreendeu, mas não da forma avassaladora como ao público em geral. As tracks são de qualidade indiscutível, o trabalho da Beyoncé com certeza amadureceu, mas ainda não o considero o melhor.
  65. Dec 22, 2013
    I am not a hater, in fact I am a fan of Beyoncé since the beginning but I am sorry this album is so over rated There is no smash hit on it Not one single will make this album sell and I doubt it will sell more than her previous albums. 4 did not have a smash hit. Maybe End of Time would have been one but hey she never released it. 4 was her least sold album. This one, being veryI am not a hater, in fact I am a fan of Beyoncé since the beginning but I am sorry this album is so over rated There is no smash hit on it Not one single will make this album sell and I doubt it will sell more than her previous albums. 4 did not have a smash hit. Maybe End of Time would have been one but hey she never released it. 4 was her least sold album. This one, being very different from 4, is the same no smash hit, just a VERY FEW okay songs. She teased us with Grown Woman and Standing on the Sun which were very promising but they were wasted, leaked, never released and in the end scrapped from the album.

Making a visual album is visionary and a first from a star of this magnitude but the videos themselves are overall boring. Pretty Hurts, Blow, Haunted, Xo and Heaven are good videos but the rest is garbage, vacation videos, street and hookers videos This album and especially the videos are over sexualized. Beyoncé's always been a classy diva. She never had to show her ass to succeed and that is what made her better than star skanks like Rihanna or Miley who show their asses on a daily basis. This is beneath Beyoncé. Why does she feel threatened by those skanks She was aggressive towards them in BOW DOWN and that is why people reacted so badly to the song Beyoncé, the classy Queen, can't and shouldn't be affected by them and this attitude isn't like the Beyoncé we came to know and love throughout her long and successful career. If feel like she is loosing herself and I am scared for the future.
  66. Dec 21, 2013
    I was literally just complaining about how long this album was taking, then "surprise" Beyoncé releases the entire thing without warning. I've been listening to the entire thing all night and I have to say it was so worth the wait. The songs are reminiscent of early Destiny's Child tracks but still very forward. The undertones of female empowerment and solidarity are amazing but evenI was literally just complaining about how long this album was taking, then "surprise" Beyoncé releases the entire thing without warning. I've been listening to the entire thing all night and I have to say it was so worth the wait. The songs are reminiscent of early Destiny's Child tracks but still very forward. The undertones of female empowerment and solidarity are amazing but even greater is the vulnerability displayed in the song penned for her daughter Blue Ivy and the child she miscarried. The sensuality, the beauty, the rawness all of it combined can only be described as "Beyoncé" a fitting title for a groundbreaking work of art. Beyonce responds to criticism of her feminism by sampling Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's TED talk, she celebrates her body and the bodies of all women, the agency women have over their careers, marriages, and relationships. This album is the best effort from Beyonce and I believe will be considered her magnum opus. Not only was the release brilliant, but it's reception and critical success also breaks new ground for Mrs. Knowles-Carter, the entire music industry will need to change the way it works now. Expand
  67. Dec 21, 2013
    In the end, it's just another Beyonce album. Produced without flaws, sung without issues. It's perfectly boring and completely uninspiring; there were far better pieces of music released this year, but then again, none of them were by Beyonce.
  68. Dec 20, 2013
    In my opinion, this is her best album. It shows a side that many other mainstream artists aren't showing. She clearly didn't make this for radio. It is a very cohesive album. Proud of her.
  69. Dec 19, 2013
    this album has been vastly overhyped in every possible way.she used a really clever market strategy to sell this product ..kudos 4 this she has a great team behind her..About the music she's experimenting a little more than her usual standards here but the fact that this record has a media of 85/100 on here is totally laughable ..with all the new alternative R&B movement coming out( thethis album has been vastly overhyped in every possible way.she used a really clever market strategy to sell this product ..kudos 4 this she has a great team behind her..About the music she's experimenting a little more than her usual standards here but the fact that this record has a media of 85/100 on here is totally laughable ..with all the new alternative R&B movement coming out( the weeknd, frank ocean, miguel, janelle monae, etc) beyonce wanted to keep up with the new trends( miguel and ocean actually wrote some tracks in this album)but at the same time she wanted to sell to the rihanna's and miley's markets.The result is a mediocre record with an over sexualized beyonce talking about blow jobs and about having sex with her husband in every possible way for at least 8 songs in the project ,all expressed with DREADFUL lyrics..like everyone could write those lyrics..really terrible! and her fake feminist ANTHEM inserted here, the sequel of indepedent women and single ladies is actually worse than the previous attempts.. that bow down verse inserted in a song with an actual speech made by a real feminist makes everything worse..( actually that verse was the original part of the song the speech was added later because she received a lot of criticism so she decided to insert a real feminist speech to try to make the track sound more feminist and improve it but it didn't happen) Expand
  70. Dec 19, 2013
    No announcement. No single. No hype. No nothing. Just her name, her talent, her vision, her music, her voice. Today will be seen as an historic day, mark my words.
    Back to this project. Incredible productions, amazing vocals, "Beyoncé" is such a great record. And on top of that, you can actually SEE what the artist meant and wanted to share. Double experience.
  71. Dec 19, 2013
    She can cause many feelings here, sadness, love, happiness, aggression. And in all cases, in the highest and best way possible.
    Do not say it is the best cd I've ever heard, or even that it is the best of the year, but after that cd, Beyoncé showed he can do a little of everything, and what a pop star really is.
  72. Dec 18, 2013
    Masterpiece that you can hear! Absolutely an amazing album. Words cannot describe how much the lyrics means to everybody. Beyoncé talks about love, family, nation's problem. Lovely. Amazing. Great job.
  73. Dec 18, 2013
    at the beginning i really though that was all about her strategy, but i was surprised by this album, which is definitely her best. it's different, more mature
  74. Dec 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sem dúvidas ela a melhor!! Ela foi uma Naughty Girl e aos poucos foi se tornando uma Grown Woman, esse album concluiu que não existe nenhum artista mais completo que Beyoncé!! Ela quase tão boa e revolucionária quanto Michael Jackson, PARABÉNS Beyoncé Knowles, realmente, entre todos os "artistas" atuais, você a UNICA que merece o prêmio de artista do milênio!! Expand
  75. Dec 18, 2013
    This album is something completely unexpected from Beyoncé. You can see that she's really musically evolved with this album and it's refreshing to see. Whilst there may not be any obvious 'smash hits' on the album, I think it flows beautifully and is very well constructed. I absolutely adore it and definitely recommend it.
  76. Dec 17, 2013
    Although half of the songs will only entertain people who adored Beyonce's music for a long time, this self-titled album is her best (and maybe the best this year) she ever made in her career with its theme about female sexuality and self-empowerment being delivered successfully.

Highlights: Pretty Hurts, Ghost, Blow, Younce, Partition, Jealous, Rocket, Mine, Xo, ***Flawless, Heaven and Blue
    Potential Singles After the Album's Release: Pretty Hurts, Blow, Younce, Partition, Jealous, Xo(which is actually the lead single right now) and ***Flawless
    Personal Favorites: Pretty Hurts, Blow, Yonce, Partition, Xo, ***Flawless and Blue

(Personal note: Although I am not quite a big fan of hers, I do love her music. Right now, Beyonce is a genius. Releasing this album without dropping any clues prior is brilliant. And to make every song have a music video attached is even more brilliant. I just hope my favorite artists would follow Beyonce's footsteps in making every song on their album have a music video, but that's if they want to.)
  77. Dec 17, 2013
    Her best album so far due to a different style of production. Other artists and pass albums influenced the great experimental production, the lyrics, and the concept of this album; for example, "The Black Album" by Jay-Z and "Voodoo" by D'Angelo. This is the singer's most impressive album to date and one of the best critical acclaim albums of 2013.
  78. Dec 17, 2013
    Great album, I must say i wasn't 100% sold the first time i listened to it but after the second time i was hooked, the third i loved it and now it's on repeat. Beyonce is a great artist and this album is proof of it.
  79. Dec 17, 2013
    O álbum mostra um lado mais intimista da cantora, que deixou bem claro que o trabalho foi feito para os fãs, tem vocais belíssimos e sem falar que ela voltou ao lindo R&B de dangerously in Love
  80. Dec 16, 2013
    It's new Beyoncé for this time.She made a change for the game,a story with each song.She doesn't only make music,but tell a story to us this time.One album,whole story for her life so far.Inspiring,Fantastic,and touching my heart.Thank you,Beyoncé.
  81. Dec 16, 2013
    Beyoncé's self titled fifth album is a work of art. Its beauty lies in its concern not to necessarily produce standard pop hits, but to make good music, no matter how seemingly obscure the sound may be. Every song on this album is excellent, and as a whole, this is a very cohesive piece of work it's just really great. "Blow" "Rocket" and "Pretty Hurts" are my favorites.
  82. Dec 16, 2013
    Only someone who has a really great feel for their work can release it with ZERO fanfare and such confidence and that comes from a lot of passion and hard work which is very evident here. My first Beyonce album but so totally worth it!!!
  83. Dec 16, 2013
    Ratings! It's not the male bashing/women empowering stuff we are used to hearing from Beyonce. Very good album. My only criticism is that certain songs like Superpower featuring Frank Ocean and Mine featuring Drake sound like the featured artists written works respectively and Beyonce just lends her vocals for the songs, puts it on the album and calls it her own.
  84. Dec 15, 2013
    Aside from the use of the element of surprise, "BEYONCE" is a true musical experience from beginning to end. She sounds extremely confident, yet at the same time very vulnerable on the music presented on this album. Her beautiful vocals and the nearly perfectly executed production on the album makes it a very welcome surprise at the end of 2013. R&B lovers should definitely be here forAside from the use of the element of surprise, "BEYONCE" is a true musical experience from beginning to end. She sounds extremely confident, yet at the same time very vulnerable on the music presented on this album. Her beautiful vocals and the nearly perfectly executed production on the album makes it a very welcome surprise at the end of 2013. R&B lovers should definitely be here for this well composed record. Queen Beyonce might just have released her best project... so far Expand
  85. Dec 15, 2013
    Black queen is back showing to rihanna how to make a good album
    lerarn rihanna
    ----------------------------------------------------------BEY RAINHA RIHANNA NADINHA----------------------------------------------------------
  86. Dec 15, 2013
    All I can say is wow. Beyonce really brought it with this album without hype of promo! Every single song is special in its own way. I really cannot fault anything on this album.
  87. Dec 15, 2013
    For a long time, i thought that Beyoncé was old news.

Big mistake. Not only is this a terrific album, It is her most powerful and mature to date. This will probably be recognized as her magnum opus in years to come. The lyrics, her voice, her awesome vocal work, the music and production, all work together to create a mood that i actually can't find a word for. I don't think
    For a long time, i thought that Beyoncé was old news.

Big mistake.

The lyrics, her voice, her awesome vocal work, the music and production, all work together to create a mood that i actually can't find a word for. I don't think "Beautiful" does any justice for this amazing work of art. I'm saying all that and i haven't even watched any of the videos yet.

The significance of the album is derived from many reasons. Not only because it's spectacular, but because it's spectacular in a time when albums are looked upon as anything but. At a time when they are looked upon as an unnecessary idea from a bygone era.

Over the years, many female artists appeared and achieved great success over the years, whether in rap, r&b, or pop. But Beyoncé has, without a doubt, cemented her place as their queen.
  88. Dec 15, 2013
    "Beyoncé" isn't perfect, but its imperfection is what makes it special. This is very much different from everything Beyoncé has done before, although B'Day comes in as the closest body of work. However, the matureness and musical independence that Beyoncé shows in her fifth album is thrilling and embracing. In short words, "Beyoncé" is, definitely, Beyoncé's equivalent to Frank Ocean's"Beyoncé" isn't perfect, but its imperfection is what makes it special. This is very much different from everything Beyoncé has done before, although B'Day comes in as the closest body of work. However, the matureness and musical independence that Beyoncé shows in her fifth album is thrilling and embracing. In short words, "Beyoncé" is, definitely, Beyoncé's equivalent to Frank Ocean's "Channel Orange". Hands down, thumbs up for Queen Bey. Expand
  89. Dec 15, 2013
    This album is masterpiece that could change the history if music. And everybody giving it a negative or even mixed review is a hater... this album is a 10.
  90. Dec 15, 2013
    Beyoncé's fifth studio album is by miles her best effort, this album is a MASTERPIECE, the best album I ever heard, nothing comes close. She has clearly outdone herself and she is in her own lane.
  91. Dec 15, 2013
    I never used to listen to Bey like that before, she didn't appeal to me that much. But with the hype surrounding this album and an attempt to broaden my horizons, I decided to give her a try with an open mind and see what happens.

I was surprised. Very surprised. This album's DOPE. I never expected something like this, she's really got her experimental hat on but at the same time not going so far out there as to alienate the fanbase I am completely aware she has. A truly brilliant album.
  92. Dec 14, 2013
    Its a good album. but of course with every album they are the letdowns or the songs that provide a poultry deliverance..But i love this album the songs,pretty hurts,XO,partitions,Mine,Drunk On Love,Flawless,Heaven,Haunted and Jealous are really good... so Queen B, just put the middle finger to all the haters well done
  93. Dec 14, 2013
    Este o seu melhor álbum, incrível como ela vem evoluindo musicalmente, eu temia o lançamento desse álbum, pois pensava que após o fracasso comercial dos singles do álbum anterior ela viria com algo mais comercial e decepcionante como fez com o I Am..Sasha Fierce que apesar de um bom álbum e de grande êxito comercial, o álbum mais fraco de sua carreira, ouso a dizer que genérico eEste o seu melhor álbum, incrível como ela vem evoluindo musicalmente, eu temia o lançamento desse álbum, pois pensava que após o fracasso comercial dos singles do álbum anterior ela viria com algo mais comercial e decepcionante como fez com o I Am..Sasha Fierce que apesar de um bom álbum e de grande êxito comercial, o álbum mais fraco de sua carreira, ouso a dizer que genérico e enjoativo. Porém com "BEYONCÉ", Beyoncé mostrou mais uma vez o motivo pelo qual a maior representante do R&B no século XXI. Não bom simplesmente por ser um álbum visual (eu mal vi os clipes), mas musicalmente perfeito, impecável. Queen B is back! Este o seu melhor álbum! Expand
  94. Dec 14, 2013
    Beyonce' fans all over the world have been waiting for her fifth album, and it doesn't disappoint. The theme of equality is apparent throughout the album. Beyonce' has one of the best voices in music, and uses it in many different ways. This is a true Hip-Hop/R&B album.
  95. Dec 14, 2013
    OH MY GOSH i was like what the f***? Beyconcé is amazeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeng i really liked the album and the videos are so..BEYONCÉ haha she saved this year's music.
  96. Dec 14, 2013
    The beats are harder than before, the songs are sexy than before and it is still just as soulful as the Beyonce we know and love. It has everything you could want. Simply ***Flawless.
  97. Dec 14, 2013
    Beyonnce did it again what a woman inspiration True artist!! album is perfect from start to finish. Visual album just kills me, every video is so amazing.. Other artists just falls down. We needed this album so much
  98. Dec 14, 2013
    Beyoncé never fails to impress. She cares about the album as a whole she doesn't care about singles and the money she gets, however, she wants us to enjoy the art behind the music, she wants us to see it rather than only hear it. This album GENIUS. By far album of the year showing Beyoncé taking risks, showcasing her vocal abilities and most of all her creativity. I really hope peopleBeyoncé never fails to impress. She cares about the album as a whole she doesn't care about singles and the money she gets, however, she wants us to enjoy the art behind the music, she wants us to see it rather than only hear it. This album GENIUS. By far album of the year showing Beyoncé taking risks, showcasing her vocal abilities and most of all her creativity. I really hope people see the art behind this and listen to the whole album before judging the music and Beyoncé. Expand
  99. Dec 14, 2013
    O álbum está maravilhoso. Vai totalmente fora dos padrões da Beyoncé. Os vocais deste álbum são os melhores de toda a discografia dela. Merece o sucesso que está fazendo. Go Queen B
  100. Dec 14, 2013
    This album shows how much power there is in Mrs. Carter.
    Engaging, emotional and exciting Beyoncé rises to another level expanding and filling our souls.

1. Feb 14, 2014
    At its dizzying zenith, Beyoncé is a loaded fusion of generosity and self-empowerment. or perhaps, more accurately, it finds self-empowerment in generosity.
  2. Feb 11, 2014
    It's this continued need to feed her multi-platinum beast that stops the album from being the post-modern wheeze it could have been. [Mar 2014, p.94]
  3. Jan 23, 2014
    Though there are a million details about BEYONCÉ to examine--from the release strategy to the visual aspect and more--the strongest ideas are still found solely in the music. She addresses topics like beauty, body image, miscarriages, jealousy, sexuality, marriage, motherhood and self-worth.