Bionic - Christina Aguilera

Review this album

1. Mar 23, 2012
    flooooooooooooooooooooooooooop
  2. Sep 12, 2011
    Altought this album doesn't reach the great sounds of Stripped, Christina did her best as ever. The up-tempo songs like Not Myself Tonight are really energic. The best song of the album is a ballad, Lift Me Up sang beautifully.
  3. Jul 12, 2011
    It's ridiculous how she could dedicate the whole thing to her baby. It's all sexed-up and, well, completely ridiculous! But when I said ridiculous, I mean it's crazy in the Gaga-est sense. It could pass on as a great dance album. Dance tunes plus bonus tracks make-up her greatest collection ever. But really, with those yawners in one side of the ship, the audiences are drowning in her sap. Bionic should've been a fabulous album, with experimental tracks "Elastic Love", "Bobblehead" and "Birds of Prey" among her most finest achievements. They almost sound like M.I.A. songs. Well, maybe next time she'll learn to balance things up and just make one hellufa pop album. Expand
  4. Sep 13, 2011
    Not at the level of her previous two albums - but still a great record. Her vocals are not really shown off on "Bionic", and she probably tried to copy Gaga too much, that's why it flopped. I think she's been herself.
  5. Feb 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Christina Aguilera is back again telling all the others who has "the voice of the generation", the album is a mix of genres but it's still perfect! The best album of 2010!
    For me the best tracks are: Bionic, WooHoo, Not Myself Tonight, Elastic Love, Prima Donna, Glam, All I Need, I Am, Sex for Breakfast, You Lost Me, I Hate Boys, Stronger than Ever (deluxe) and Little Dreamer (deluxe)!
    I only disliked Bobblehead (deluxe), not that it counts...
  6. Apr 16, 2011
    Christina Aguilera goes from retro Baby Jane to futuristic Madame X in her fourth full-length studio album. The album's inspiration resonates from her pregnancy and life and feeling like a full-accomplished superhuman character, much like a Bionic woman.

The album is filled with different types of electronic songs and eventually transitions into songs of full-emotion and vulnerability.
    The album ranges from different types of songs and clearly proves that Christina Aguilera can do pretty much anything.

My favourite songs are Desnudate, Prima Donna, Sex For Breakfast, Lift Me Up, I Am (Stripped), Vanity, Birds of Prey, and Stronger Than Ever. The only song that I don't favor so much would be Elastic Love, as it strikes rather boring to me, but I do like it's electronic elements. All the ballads are wonderful and it's nice to see all this wonderful dance music from Christina.

I give this album a 10 - don't listen to the mainstream critics, it is a great record. I honestly enjoyed it much more than Back to Basics.
  7. Feb 2, 2012
    The album is actually very good. If it were by any other artist than Christina Aguilera, then people would be praising it, I think. It doesn't really show off her [amazing] voice's true potential (although ballad You Lost Me gives glimmers). Highlights are Desnudate and Prima Donna. Lowest point is WooHoo featuring Miss Features, AKA Nicki Minaj.
  8. Mar 26, 2013
    álbum muito criticado, porem poucos enxergaram a beleza contida nesse cd ele inspirado, renovador e traz ao pop um lado totalmente diferente, não acho que The Fame da cantora Lady GaGa fique muito em cima de Bionic, embora muito dos críticos descordam!
  9. Sep 24, 2010
    At first I only liked Bionic, Not Myself Tonight, and Woohoo. Then it grew to I Hate Boys, Vanity, and I Am. Then that list grew to Prima Donna, Glam, and I Am Stripped. Then it grew to Desnudate, All I Need, My Girls, and Bobblehead, Some are original Christina, some are the new Xtina. An album that's got good songs, and Aguilera's strong voice outshines herself.
  10. Nov 17, 2010
    There is no doubt that Christina Aguilera is an incredible singer, but listening to this album you would never know, her voice is cluttered with autotune and electronics that don't suit her vocal style. While her ballads show off her incredible pipes, her uptempo efforts end up drowning her in stuffed, rushed messes. Leave the autotune to Britney.
  11. Nov 26, 2010
    Xtina's 4th album is satisfying. "Bionic" is a futuristic song deserves to be the title-track and a standout track together with "Not Myself Tonight" which is compared to Lady Gaga's. For me, Xtina's new music is similar to that of M.I.A. and is very different from a pure pop record which is "The Fame". My favorite track which is "Elastic Love" brings a new sexual sound of her. Most ballads of the album are dull and boring. "Vanity" shows her voice. Overall, "Bionic" is a good sexy electropop album. Expand
  12. May 26, 2011
    I think how many people perceived this album as a mess is because Christina Aguilera doesn't seem to get that less is more. On the deluxe album there are 23 songs. 13 or 14 which are great. She should'v'e kept it at that. It would've been great then.
  13. May 29, 2011
    This album is great! I would say that Christina tried something new for herself, something that really sounds true, and she haven't changed in many ways herself, she found that balance... Along the way, while many others who are now tried in electro-pop. Album multifaceted, each listener will find something that will be liked.
  14. May 30, 2011
    The album is not that good, however its commercial underperformance is definitely not because of the music, seeing what is doing well right now. "Not Myself Tonight" and "Woohoo" are great tracks.
  15. Jul 18, 2011
    With no doubt, the worst of Aguilera's 4 albums. There are good songs indeed, like "Bionic", but the way she distinguishes herself as this unbelievably inappropriate slut in the album is not favorable at all. She tried a new genre, that's good, but she did it the wrong way. Christina seems to think that showing off her vocal ability is always good for her. But if you really think about it, really really not. Yes, her ballads are all popular around the world and are what she's most famous for. Her vocal ability is simply amazing, that is a known fact. Yet she always fails to attract the new generations. All I'm saying is, try singing normally, try to sing something that is more pop and try to make improvements in those songs by using the god-given voice wisely. That ought to make her a music sensation again. Expand
  16. Feb 8, 2012
    I can't understand how can someone rate this album 10 out of 10. I dare to say this is her worst album. Xtina's magnificent voice and talent have been ruined thanks to a desperate attempt of her label to compete with Lady Gaga. The only things that save this album from being a mess are her voice and some songs such as 'Not Myself Tonight' or 'You Lost Me' -in my opinion, the best song on the album-. This record is filled with lyrics about sex and doesn't bring anything new or innovative. Expand
  17. Mar 22, 2012
    First album (I hope its the latter) Christina Aguilera not give full marks. The reason is obvious: Tracks futile comprise 70% of the album. However, contrary to what many say, the album does not shy away from the Bionic concept (which is a mixture of feeling with something robotic), it is clear from the moment you hear the middle of the track, showing that mean the ballads heart of the album, in other words, part sentimental. A great album, yes, but not pro level, Ms. Xtina. Expand
  18. Mar 23, 2012
    A horrible album for someone talented like Christina Aguilera. I loved her and her music but Bionic is no where near her standards.
  19. Apr 26, 2012
    Despite having a poor song to name the album over, this album has some very catchy and fun songs, Aguilara has really shown the best of herself. Not Myself Tonight is truly amazing, Woohoo, and You Lost Me are also very good. Though the initial song "Bionic" is a major let down. Overall, the album is a rounded 8/10, Definitely worth it's $9.99 price tag.
  20. May 25, 2012
    I must score this based on the WHOLE album. Just 1/4 of the album is great and 3/4 of the album went downhill. Although she is one of the best singers of her generation, this album of hers doesn't work for me.....
  21. Nov 13, 2012
    This is an amazing album, one of the best pop albums of the last years. Beautiful songs like You Lost Me, Lift Me Up, I am, All i Need, some other club anthems like Not Myself Tonight and Woohoo. We found probably the best moment of the album on the deluxe edition, with brilliant songs like Monday Morning, Birds of Prey, Little Dreamer and Stronger than Ever. Bionic is an underrated album, Bionic is a masterpiece. Expand
  22. Nov 15, 2012
    Maybe Xtina just wasn't herself tonight. The good news is that her movie, Burlesque, was a box office hit. The bad news: Bionic was a bigger failure than her awful Star-Spangled Banner Anthem at the Super Bowl last year. I really love Christina since the TRL days, but her success began to fade even more. The "Bionic" album I'm feeling right now is it's missing some of the components that she forgot and that's why the album failed not only in the U.S., but in international territories. For me, I want the old Christina Aguilera back, the one that she sang her heart out in a Mariah Carey-like voice and performed the crowd something to cheer about. But this album just hurt her music career so badly. Oh well, really getting a bit younger and still got her 1999 album. "Bionic" is one of the worst albums of 2010. Expand
  23. Mar 31, 2013
    Bionic, in my opinion, you REALLY must listen it it. Personally i never listened to it before because it was labelled 'flop' 'worst album ever' etc, but after i gave it a listen, some songs are good and some not so good. Not Myself Tonight being the lead and only sucsessful single is not even the best so by not listening you are missing out on SOME catchy songs. Im only going to tell you what songs to listen to because the rest of the albums is awful. First let me start by saying Bionic should've been a single because it is for sure the best song on the album. The first verse might turn you off at first(as i was like what is this?) but if you listen its actually good, and that bridge WOW! The bridge is really good and defiantly the best but of the whole song, the chorus is good to. So now as i've gave a review of one song ill just tell you what else to listen to. So after listening to the whole album i understand this whole 'Futuristic' take on pop and i can say the album will be appriciated in a while, just not right now. I defiantly think the best songs from the album are of course Bionic and the others would be Woo Hoo (Feat. Nicki Minaj), Desnudate, Not Myself Tonight and You Lost Me. There the only acceptable songs but i guess if you like them you could give Elastic Love and Prima Donna a listen there ok. The rest of the album i dislike personally but thats my opinion. So just give those a listen and see what you think Expand
  24. Jul 11, 2013
    Poor "Bionic", poor, underrated "Bionic". Even though it was critically panned and commercially unsuccessful it's actually quite good album. Christina predicted that electronic music will become more popular in 2010s and that's why she released some dubstep inspired cool songs like M.I.A. written "Elastic Love", sexy "Desnudate", powerful "Prima Donna", crazy "Vanity" and lead single "Not Myself Tonight". The second part of the album is ballad oriented and contains of heartfelt productions like "Lift Me Up", "I Am" and "You Lost Me". I also like songs from the deluxe version of the CD ("Monday Morning", "Birds Of Prey", "Stronger Than Ever", "Little Dreamer"). Even if there are some misfires (boring "Sex For Breakfast", lifeless "My Girls" and irritating "Bobblehead") I think that "Bionic" should be more successful worldwide and deserves much more than being synonym of "flop".

25. Aug 7, 2013
    One of my favorite albums ever! Christina amazes with her uptempo beats and ballads. What's not to like? Bionic is definitely one of my top five albums that I have bought.
  26. Aug 24, 2013
    The album feels outdated even at first listen back during its release. In its ambitious attempts to tap on the then-new and rising synthpop-raver mainstream audio, her giant eighteen-wheeler truck loaded with bionic mannequins made a sharp right turn into pop culture and tumbled its way across the VMA stage, two meters short of the table where the cool popstars sit.

Christina tries very
    hard to be experimentally, both vocally and in production; assuming she plays any part in the latter. Every once in a while comes a few moments of the album where her Christina capitalizes her vocal prowess to its full potential; but every other time it sounds like a bloated; reheated EDM-wannabe record. It has yet to prove itself worthy to sit on either extreme end of the danceable-ballad spectrum; and yet when it sits in the middle; it would have been in the most ungraceful manner possible. Tracks like Elastic Love and Bionic remain as highlights of the album; but two potential hits couldn't really balance out the sixteen fillers.

Whether or not Christina can regain the 5 seconds of fame she had during the promotions of Genie in a Bottle. Maybe in a 2014 album she can take a backseat in the songwriting process because; it seems to be the only factor bringing her down; aside from her attitude over a self-proclaimed pop artist reputation.
  27. Aug 24, 2013
    This is the probably the most underrated album of 2010, it seems like some people do not have objectivity and based their opinion on its sales not for its content, it is known that the album didn't go gold or platinum like others of Christina but the album is not bad, is great instead. In my opinion, Christina and Sia's work was perfect, simple and magic, songs like You lost me and I am show the well known Christina's abilty to sing, I guess it was a mistake to release 2 versions of the album because the deluxe edition contains 2 of the best songs of the album that are Monday Morning (a very cool synthpop song that would have been a good single) and Birds of prey (this song fits perfectly with the real futuristic theme she was trying to achieve) unfortunately comparisons with Lady Gaga didn't let this album to sell a little more and Christina to go on tour (the bionic tour would have been amazing)
    What is interesting is that this album was the most second album downloaded illegally, people call it "a flop" but they are too hard on Christina's work.
  28. Nov 4, 2013
    Christina has an amazing voice. I wil never understand why she made this record. It's so souless and robotic. Apart from Not myself tonight, you lost me and desnudate all the other songs are plain and interludes are so unessecary. Woohoo is one of the worst songs on the album.
  29. Dec 4, 2013
    Bionic as an electropop album sounds extremely fantastic, the combination of powerful vocals with electronic music is obviously great on songs like ''Not Myself Tonight'' and ''Glam'' as always Christina leaves her mark with their powerful ballads, ''You Lost Me'' would be a great success if it were sung by Adele, Christina does not have all the recognition it needs, another highlight of the album is the bonus track, ''Birds Of Prey'' is one of the best songs that Aguilera has done in his career, ''Vanity'' is dirty and fun, Aguilera shows a determined singer unafraid to explore musically. Expand
  30. Dec 8, 2013
    Sadly this album struggled through production troubles and demands from her label. There are some extremely good songs here but they get lost with the more 'radio friendly' productions. Download: Bionic, You Lost Me, Birds of Prey.
  31. Aug 27, 2014
    Um dos melhores álbuns dessa geração, soa bem futurista, não importa se você escutar ele daqui 30 anos, ele ainda vai soar futurista. A originalidade transborda pelas faixas, a era bionic teve um grande impacto na industria.
  32. Sep 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bionic é um álbum que não merceu o fracasso. As músicas são muito bem produzidas. O único erro foi a quantidade de faixas (24 na versão Deluxe), o que torna o álbum cansativo em algumas partes. As melhores faixas são Not Myself Tonight, Bionic, Woohoo e Lift Me Up. Expand

1. As convincing as she attempts to sound, Bionic does nothing to persuade authenticity.
  2. Because she's bold enough to do it her way, Aguilera maintains her reign.
  3. Sure, her voice remains full, brash, and loud. But ultimately, so much of what passes for hedonism on Bionic feels synthetic and compulsory.