Bionic - Christina Aguilera

Review this album

1. Mar 23, 2012
    flooooooooooooooooooooooooooop
  2. Mar 23, 2012
    A horrible album for someone talented like Christina Aguilera. I loved her and her music but Bionic is no where near her standards.
  3. May 25, 2012
    I must score this based on the WHOLE album. Just 1/4 of the album is great and 3/4 of the album went downhill. Although she is one of the best singers of her generation, this album of hers doesn't work for me.....
  4. Aug 24, 2013
    The album feels outdated even at first listen back during its release. In its ambitious attempts to tap on the then-new and rising synthpop-raver mainstream audio, her giant eighteen-wheeler truck loaded with bionic mannequins made a sharp right turn into pop culture and tumbled its way across the VMA stage, two meters short of the table where the cool popstars sit.

Christina tries very

Christina tries very hard to be experimentally, both vocally and in production; assuming she plays any part in the latter. Every once in a while comes a few moments of the album where her Christina capitalizes her vocal prowess to its full potential; but every other time it sounds like a bloated; reheated EDM-wannabe record. It has yet to prove itself worthy to sit on either extreme end of the danceable-ballad spectrum; and yet when it sits in the middle; it would have been in the most ungraceful manner possible. Tracks like Elastic Love and Bionic remain as highlights of the album; but two potential hits couldn't really balance out the sixteen fillers.

Whether or not Christina can regain the 5 seconds of fame she had during the promotions of Genie in a Bottle. Maybe in a 2014 album she can take a backseat in the songwriting process because; it seems to be the only factor bringing her down; aside from her attitude over a self-proclaimed pop artist reputation.
  5. Nov 17, 2010
    There is no doubt that Christina Aguilera is an incredible singer, but listening to this album you would never know, her voice is cluttered with autotune and electronics that don't suit her vocal style. While her ballads show off her incredible pipes, her uptempo efforts end up drowning her in stuffed, rushed messes. Leave the autotune to Britney.
  6. Feb 8, 2012
    I can't understand how can someone rate this album 10 out of 10. I dare to say this is her worst album. Xtina's magnificent voice and talent have been ruined thanks to a desperate attempt of her label to compete with Lady Gaga. The only things that save this album from being a mess are her voice and some songs such as 'Not Myself Tonight' or 'You Lost Me' -in my opinion, the best song onI can't understand how can someone rate this album 10 out of 10. I dare to say this is her worst album. Xtina's magnificent voice and talent have been ruined thanks to a desperate attempt of her label to compete with Lady Gaga. The only things that save this album from being a mess are her voice and some songs such as 'Not Myself Tonight' or 'You Lost Me' -in my opinion, the best song on the album-. This record is filled with lyrics about sex and doesn't bring anything new or innovative. Expand
  7. Nov 15, 2012
    Maybe Xtina just wasn't herself tonight. The good news is that her movie, Burlesque, was a box office hit. The bad news: Bionic was a bigger failure than her awful Star-Spangled Banner Anthem at the Super Bowl last year. I really love Christina since the TRL days, but her success began to fade even more. The "Bionic" album I'm feeling right now is it's missing some of the components thatMaybe Xtina just wasn't herself tonight. The good news is that her movie, Burlesque, was a box office hit. The bad news: Bionic was a bigger failure than her awful Star-Spangled Banner Anthem at the Super Bowl last year. I really love Christina since the TRL days, but her success began to fade even more. The "Bionic" album I'm feeling right now is it's missing some of the components that she forgot and that's why the album failed not only in the U.S., but in international territories. For me, I want the old Christina Aguilera back, the one that she sang her heart out in a Mariah Carey-like voice and performed the crowd something to cheer about. But this album just hurt her music career so badly. Oh well, really getting a bit younger and still got her 1999 album. "Bionic" is one of the worst albums of 2010. Expand
  8. Nov 4, 2013
    Christina has an amazing voice. I wil never understand why she made this record. It's so souless and robotic. Apart from Not myself tonight, you lost me and desnudate all the other songs are plain and interludes are so unessecary. Woohoo is one of the worst songs on the album.

1. As convincing as she attempts to sound, Bionic does nothing to persuade authenticity.
  2. Because she's bold enough to do it her way, Aguilera maintains her reign.
  3. Sure, her voice remains full, brash, and loud. But ultimately, so much of what passes for hedonism on Bionic feels synthetic and compulsory.