Bows & Arrows - The Walkmen
9.3

Review this album

1. Oct 9, 2013
    Still the greatest article from the best rock 'n' roll band of my time. There's not a lackluster moment among these 11 songs, and I couldn't recommend it more for all of the fellow sad-bastard, recovering Smiths fans out there. Hamilton Leithauser is a saint.
  2. Jun 20, 2012
    These guys are a proper indie rock band. Their music just oozes attitude, rebellion and class. They've got a unique style about them that means you know straight away when your listening to a Walkmen record. This record for me is a bit below their strongest work but has some magnificient moments on it all the same. Of course you have "The Rat", as good an indie rock belter as you'll ever hear. It's got plenty of other nice moments but for me it lacks the consistency of their later records. Expand

1. Overwhelmingly, it all adds up to an album that will never make a fuss in your collection, but every now and then you'll remember how much you love it.
  2. Though sonically similar to its predecessor, the new album sets aside whimsical wandering to make room for more straight-for-the-heart (by way of the throat) conviction; simply put, it rocks harder.
  3. Each of these songs displays a mastery of craft rarely heard.