brand new eyes - Paramore
7.3

Review this album

1. Nov 23, 2013
    Fantastic. This album ticks all the right boxes, and very few of the wrong ones, if any. A fantastic mix of soft music, loud music and fast music, but it was still Paramore, and not once did I doubt that *looks over at the self titled album and grimaces* not mentioning any names.... Still, this album is perfect except from one song, and that's just personal opinion. By far Paramore's best album, and I hope for more like this in the future. Expand
  2. Oct 13, 2013
    Brand New Eyes might not have ventured very far from the pop-punk sound established on the band's 2007 predecessor Riot! But that's not at all an excuse to critique a generally honest and uplifting album that manages to explore dark subjects in a positive way. From its headbanging yet thoughtful opener "Careful" to the highlight of the album and one of the band's most memorable hits, "Ignorance", to the top 40 tailored yet honest "The Only Exception" to its dramatic ending ballad "All I Wanted" which is strangely similar to that of Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway era, Brand New Eyes is a charming third studio effort that's charming and although it doesn't reach new ground, it's overall a success. Expand
  3. Jul 11, 2013
    My favorite album at the moment! Great tracks! Some songs I found to be really emotional (The Only Exception, Misguided Ghosts) You can find a really great classic album in this someday I hope! Best tracks in my opinion: Careful, Ignorance, Brick By Boring Brick, The Only Exception
  4. Jun 7, 2013
    With Paramore's most energized album yet, it is easy to say that every song on this album has incredible vocals, all songs totally represent life itself and the beautiful heart and soul put into the album gives it a ten it most definitely deserves.
  5. Apr 6, 2013
    con canciones espectaculares debido a ritmos excelentes y contagiosos paramore avanza un a un nuevo nivel de excelencia.
    este álbum le encantara a los fans y los que los escuchan por primera vez sera una gran oportunidad para que escuchen una de las mejores bandas de rock alternativo
  6. Apr 26, 2012
    Paramore is definitely my favorite band, but this album was my least favorite of theirs, and here is why. This album was a lot more pop sounding than their other stuff, and "The Only Exception" was a beautiful ballad. They lost some energy on this cd, and I'm not sure why. Most of the songs will make you think and feel emotions that are beyond anything else out there right now.
  7. Mar 19, 2012
    I could sit and listen to this album for days without moving. Hayley's voice is so powerful and emotional and full of stories. I can't even pick a favorite song on this album!
  8. Mar 8, 2012
    My favorite album of Paramore, is better than Riot!, and the songs are amazing, this is a great CD, is fantastic have much beautiful songs and the voice of Hailey is amazing. brand new eyes is a classic.
  9. Feb 20, 2012
    This is what Alternative should be like. Paramore has really matured since the days of Riot! with Hayley Williams showing off her stunning song writing and vocal skills. The band also puts up a more mature ballad (The Only Exception), reminiscent of 'When it Rains'. They also show off their more powerful rock chops on 'Careful' and 'Ignorance'. By far, the standout track has to be 'Brick By Boring Brick', a masterpiece on many different levels. All and all, Paramore has showed incredible maturity and poise since their last two albums, and quite frankly, this is what all Alternative bands should stride to be like. Expand
  10. Nov 11, 2011
    Brand New Eyes is a decent album, but it isn't as good as Riot!
  11. Oct 16, 2011
    Paramore is one of the best bands currently, and this CD completely proves it, they have a mix of songs, powerful and good ones, so it deserves respect.
  12. Oct 8, 2011
    This is by far Paramore's best album! It takes many steps forward towards maturity for this group and several steps away from the high school commercialism of Riot! Riot and All We Know were both good, but this is Paramore's greatest achievement to date. The lyrics are mature in how they talk about fame and its costs, and Hayley William's voice is as always, amazing beyond words. Haters of the group's image should be converted once they hear masterpiece of an album, as it is so amazing! Expand
  13. Sep 13, 2011
    Awesome Album, all songs won't disappoint! The song everyone has heard "The only exception" is one of the most toned-down songs which was a nice change from their usual. However, all of the other songs have raw emotion and you can hear the passion in Haley's voice.
  14. Jun 6, 2011
    It's not groundbreaking at all, but for Paramore, it definitely puts them in the spotlight. Brand New Eyes retains the pop rock sound that inhabited Riot, but more maturely. The lyrical content is stronger and deeper than ever, and Williams' powerful vocal chords continue to dazzling. Its standout tracks are "Ignorance", another Lavigne-esque driven track, "The Only Exception", a cheesy, but soothing and tasteful power ballad, and "All I Wanted", the album's darkest track that sounds just like a B-side from Kelly Clarkson's My December. Expand
  15. Jun 2, 2011
    Doesn't exactly elevate as brand new (except for a few slower sounds) but like the band's previous efforts, it rocks particularly because of the strength in the vocals of Ms. Williams.
  16. Apr 13, 2011
    Awsome!Paramore is the best pop rock band of all time.Hailey Williams is one of the best singers of all time.All of there songs must be heard.Youll fall in love with their music.
  17. Mar 6, 2011
    Brand New Eyes isn't much more than Riot! -- in fact, there aren't many notable differences at all. And yet the maturity of Williams' vocals and songwriting is highly noticeable, as well as the band's performance overall. "Careful" is a rocking, yet emotional jumpstart into what the rest of the songs are going to sound like, whilst "Ignorance" shows a bit more of a dark side of Williams. "The Only Exception" is a cheesy, but enlightened power ballad that will certainly pleases fans of Avril Lavigne, while "All I Wanted" is a darker, more Kelly Clarkson-influenced ballad that perfectly defines "an emo day".

Brand New Eyes may not be the greatest pop punk album, but it is certainly the band's greatest. Paramore are, in fact, a fun rock band.
  18. Nov 27, 2010
    Brand New Eyes is Paramore's brand new direction. It's brilliant and gives off the best of the band. I love the song and the band's growth lyrically and musically.
  19. Nov 25, 2010
    Brand New Eyes is a breakthrought album. Riot! wasn't good in comparison with this album. I can't wait to see Paramore in the tour but they won't came to my country.
  20. Sep 23, 2010
    Paramore hit the scene five years ago. Two years later, they became the new darlings of punk. This year, they've risen to new heights. Brand New Eyes is exactly what a punk album should be: uncompromising, powerful, soulful, and inspired.
  21. Aug 25, 2010
    The greatest Paramore album so far. It puts all of the great things from Riot! together and make them a lot better. The Only Exception and All I Wanted are the two beautiful slow pieces that have been well written. Ignore the immature reviews below that give the score 0 because this is an album anyone should truly be proud of when owning it. It has made a drastic improvement from Riot! and the songs make a lot more sense. A few may dislike their new style of music but for others it is pure perfection. Expand

1. The anthemic, celebratory songs that made Riot! so appealing were largely absent, but the band found a new way to rock during those sessions, prizing catharsis and nuanced arrangements above the hooks of albums past.
  2. Although the new set may lack the wide-eyed naivete that made the group's past efforts so endearing, the newfound maturity makes for a compelling set of songs.
  3. Paramore is certainly a sharp enough unit that doesn’t lack for energy, and Brand New Eyes features enough interesting ideas to take notice. All it needs is to double the ones it has, and it’ll be a band that’s foolish to ignore.