Cannibal - Ke$ha
  • Release Date: Nov 22, 2010
6.6

Review this album

1. Dec 16, 2014
    One of the best EPs I've ever heard, was worth an entire album, all his songs can be good and you do not get tired of hearing it
    Highlights: Sleazy and The Harold Song
    Lows: CU Next Tuesday and Crazy Beautiful Life
  2. Aug 10, 2014
    The Cannibal EP acts as a refinement rather than a successor to Ke-dollar sign-ha's 2010 debut Animal. Disappointingly, her overuse of Auto-Tune and vocoders are one of the common criticisms as well as its Animal-mimicking top 40 tunes -- "We R Who We R" could surpass as a gay pride remix of "TiK ToK". But producer Dr. Luke and accompanying producers such as Ammo, Benny Blanco, and MaxThe Cannibal EP acts as a refinement rather than a successor to Ke-dollar sign-ha's 2010 debut Animal. Disappointingly, her overuse of Auto-Tune and vocoders are one of the common criticisms as well as its Animal-mimicking top 40 tunes -- "We R Who We R" could surpass as a gay pride remix of "TiK ToK". But producer Dr. Luke and accompanying producers such as Ammo, Benny Blanco, and Max Martin help the '10s' most polarizing pop star serve her "animals" even more of her sassy rhymes ("I don't mean to critique on your seduction technique/But your money's not impressing me, it's kinda weak") and electronic whirlwind of backstabbing boyfriends via catchy earworm hooks ("When you grow a pear, you can call me back").

The highlights of the EP are actually her most exploratory: "The Harold Song" has a heartwrenching that could make metalheads wave their lighters and "C U Next Tuesday" turns the concept of falling in love with a friend-with-benefits into a catchy '80s vintage synthpop tune. Kesha has grown up a lot since her 'drink-until-you-love-yourself' days, attending rehab in early 2014 for an eating disorder, so maybe she'll dump Dr. Luke for a producer that has an interest in who Kesha Sebert truly is beneath all the electronic gloss. If you haven't checked out her cover of Dolly Parton's "Old Flames Can't Hold a Candle to You", which her mother co-wrote, she's actually a very, very beautiful singer. Let's take her out of guilty pleasure territory and show more of that raw talent.
  3. Jun 20, 2014
    Muuuuuuuito bom em relação a Animal,evolução grandiosa,esquecemos até do auto tune que aparece a todo momento.
    Mas Ke$ha só se sobressai a cada album.
  4. Aug 15, 2013
    It is a shame that "Cannibal" was an EP, because it had lots of potential. The best songs are "Cannibal", "The Harold Song", and "C U Next Tuesday".
  5. Mar 31, 2013
    This EP is great, full of energy and really good overall tracks. As part of Ke$has debut album Animals re-release know as Animal/Cannibal, Cannibal can also be bought as an EP. The 2 singles from the EP We R Who We R and Blow are great, definatly highlights. Personally i think the highlights of Cannibal are We R Who We R, Crazy Beautiful Life and The Harold Song. Lyrically We R Who We R isThis EP is great, full of energy and really good overall tracks. As part of Ke$has debut album Animals re-release know as Animal/Cannibal, Cannibal can also be bought as an EP. The 2 singles from the EP We R Who We R and Blow are great, definatly highlights. Personally i think the highlights of Cannibal are We R Who We R, Crazy Beautiful Life and The Harold Song. Lyrically We R Who We R is an insperational anthem telling people to be who they are and overall an amazing song! Crazy Beautiful Life a really great song and should've been a single in my opinion! The Harold Song is a love/breakup song which is amazing! Lyrically this is the best written song on the whole album i love it! If you haven't bought/listened to this yet i advise you to! Expand
  6. Mar 28, 2013
    Unlike her previous album, even autotune can't save Ke$ha this time. "Blow," "The Harold Song" and "We R Who We R" were good songs, but the rest of the album was not the best.
  7. Mar 24, 2013
    Cannibal Is Somewhat A Better Album That Animal... In A Way....
    A Amazing Album By Ke$ha!

Below Is A List Of Song Off Cannibal And A Score Out Of 10

Crazy Beautiful Life 10/10
    Grow A Pear 10/10
    C U Next Tuesday 10/10
  8. Jan 19, 2013
    Not as many good songs on Cannibal as compared to Animal, but when put with Animal it makes for an OK album. The two songs picked for singles were probably the best ones. It's a fun album though with catchy Pop songs.
  9. Dec 7, 2012
    I liked the generic pop-vibe shown in Ke$has music. In her album "Cannibal" she doesn't show any more originally than her previous album "Animal". The auto-tuning she uses in her music does let me down a little therefore this contributes towards a deduction of serious points in my final score for this review. I recommend this for people that like uptempo dirty pop music.
  10. Dec 4, 2012
    This album is too amazing. Cannibal is the masterpiece that pressed people can't get over. Sadly, their faves don't make masterpieces like this and they are jealous.The 9 bops on this album are enough to get the party wild.
  11. May 29, 2012
    Once More Ke$ha Does It Again!
    A Great Pop Dance Album! We R Who We R Is A Amazing Track!
  12. Apr 26, 2012
    Fun album yes. Great lyrics, no no no. There is absolutely no depth here with Ms. Ke$ha. I found it very superficial at times. It's a fun album to get wasted to, but nothing extremely amazing that Britney or even Christina couldn't do.
  13. Apr 2, 2012
    I'm going to guess that the majority of people giving this EP zeros have never actually listened to the it save for its two singles. The fact of the matter is that Ke$ha's Cannibal is far superior to her debut, Animal. It's much more well-written and songs like "The Harold Song" and even "We R Who We R" delve past her ditzy partygirl faux persona. We R Who We R was written as a response toI'm going to guess that the majority of people giving this EP zeros have never actually listened to the it save for its two singles. The fact of the matter is that Ke$ha's Cannibal is far superior to her debut, Animal. It's much more well-written and songs like "The Harold Song" and even "We R Who We R" delve past her ditzy partygirl faux persona. We R Who We R was written as a response to the gay teen suicides and, unlike Lady Gaga's "Born This Way", it doesn't seem like a forced gay anthem. Ke$ha does absolutely have vocal talent, it's just not frequently showcased, but hints of her abilities can be heard on The Harold Song. Many criticize her use of AutoTune, but let's face it, this is a party record and heavily processed vocals just sound better on the dancefloor. Expand
  14. Mar 25, 2012
    Better than "Animal", sure, but not good. "We Are Who We R" is good but in this EP, like in the album, all the tracks have the same horrible and annoying sound. The biggest part of the tracks talks about glitter or parties, so there isn't a lot of substance. Better than Animal, but not good.
  15. Dec 11, 2011
    After her awful debut she decided to record an EP that was equally as bad. Exactly the same story - the two singles are good but the other 8 tracks are filler and all sound the same. C U next Tuseday borders on been good but that's about it. If you like ke$ha then just buy the singles and be done with - don't waste time and money buying this crap.
  16. Oct 21, 2011
    She is who she is, and I love her for it! She knows what she wants, and she can adequately portray it to her fanbase. All in all, she knows how to make a great pop record, and I look forward to her future matierla.
  17. Oct 7, 2011
    I Thought I Liked Animal...I LOVE Cannibal Ever More!
    Some Of The Best Tracks Are We R We R, Cannibal, Blow & Grow A Pear The Worst Song By Far Is Slezy.. Its Not Bad... Its Just Not The Best Son.. I Still LOVE K$!
  18. Jul 29, 2011
    Track By Track- Cannibal- so fresh and stuff, so electronically cool, album highlight, We R Who We R- Cool. absolutely amazing, i really like it, Sleazy- she shows off her rapping skills in this weirdo electro-hop track, Blow- repetitive and cool, super nice and i'm officially in love with it, The Harold Song- her best ballad ever, it is very sentimental and nice, Crazy Beautiful Life-Track By Track- Cannibal- so fresh and stuff, so electronically cool, album highlight, We R Who We R- Cool. absolutely amazing, i really like it, Sleazy- she shows off her rapping skills in this weirdo electro-hop track, Blow- repetitive and cool, super nice and i'm officially in love with it, The Harold Song- her best ballad ever, it is very sentimental and nice, Crazy Beautiful Life- nice and short quality pop music, i like it, Grow a Pear- naughty but nice dance-pop track that is pretty amazing, C U Next Tuesday- i absolutely love it! Album Highlight, Animal- this remix maybe unnecessary but it is awesome, cute ballad, dancey sort of song. Best Tracks- Cannibal, C U Next Tuesday, We R Who We R, Crazy Beautiful Life Expand
  19. Jul 27, 2011
    A definite step up from "Animal". "Cannibal" at least offers something worth listening to. It is, however, by no means the best piece of work you can imagine. While only a few tracks truly shine, the entire EP is still dull. The motives of this EP are fully commercial. And that is to sell a dying hype. Where Ke$ha shows more vocal capability, it still lacks the ability to be intelligent.
  20. Jun 16, 2011
    Sorry if I offend anybody, but if you enjoy Kesha and volentarily listen to her, then you don't know what music is. Because this woman sings like she's dying and auto-tune can't even save her. Remember back when pop wasn't all bad, when we had Madonna and Britney Spears' old songs? I'm not saying Madonna and Britney Spears are great singers, but not all of their songs are bad songs. Kesha?Sorry if I offend anybody, but if you enjoy Kesha and volentarily listen to her, then you don't know what music is. Because this woman sings like she's dying and auto-tune can't even save her. Remember back when pop wasn't all bad, when we had Madonna and Britney Spears' old songs? I'm not saying Madonna and Britney Spears are great singers, but not all of their songs are bad songs. Kesha? everything she puts out on the radio is horrid. So avoid her if you enjoy music at all. P.S., I didnt put a dollar sign in her name because she's worth less than a dollar. Expand
  21. Jun 2, 2011
    Listening to dollar-sign-girl is pure dance pop addiction. In her latest EP and major release, the drunk gal proved to be a rising dance artist with creatively nasty lyrics and poppy production excess that make sense. Though her heart is in the clubs, her music is all the more enjoyable and (rare in the pop music landscape, believe it or not) in focus.
  22. May 31, 2011
    Though you'll feel your IQ drop with every song you hear (from its poor grammar to its poorly named tracks like "C U Next Tuesday"), Cannibal is a handsomely produced and fun-filled album, packed with unapologetically blunt lyrics and glossy dance beats. Though its still heavily flooded with Auto Tune, there is actually some significant proof here that Ke$ha, is in fact, artist material.Though you'll feel your IQ drop with every song you hear (from its poor grammar to its poorly named tracks like "C U Next Tuesday"), Cannibal is a handsomely produced and fun-filled album, packed with unapologetically blunt lyrics and glossy dance beats. Though its still heavily flooded with Auto Tune, there is actually some significant proof here that Ke$ha, is in fact, artist material. Its standout track is "The Harold Song", a power ballad that is shockingly deep and proves that Ke$ha can settle down from her feisty persona here and there. However, its weakest tracks are "Crazy Beautiful Life", a decent, but disappointingly dull dance track, and "Grow A Pear", which could feel at home on Katy Perry's debut album. Expand
  23. May 30, 2011
    This is no masterpiece but it is way better than her debut. Most songs are pretty catchy and, while Autotune is heavily relied upon, it is not as annoying as on Animal. Standout; Blow.
  24. May 29, 2011
    After a slew of bad singles from her first album (with the exception of "Your Love Is My Drug"), Ke$ha's second album is surprisingly well-done. Other than "Blow", which has an annoying refrain, the album is full of energetic dance-pop, with highlights being "Sleazy" and "Crazy Beautiful Life".
  25. May 26, 2011
    Tripe. Complete and utter tripe.
  26. May 25, 2011
    It's so weird but true, she has her very own style of Pop using very unique electrobeats each song has it's very own style and is not repetitive, even when sometimes the lyrics are a alittle bit goofy but well it's Ke$ha's style.
  27. Apr 4, 2011
    When budding Kesha Sebert first arrived on the scene back in late 2009, she was perceived as an autotuned drunk who brushes her teeth with a whiskey bottle. Continuing on to early 2010, when she released her debut album, Animal, Kesha continued to discuss the likes of drinking, partying, and even associating everyday things with drinking (ex: Hungover). Now continuing on the footsteps ofWhen budding Kesha Sebert first arrived on the scene back in late 2009, she was perceived as an autotuned drunk who brushes her teeth with a whiskey bottle. Continuing on to early 2010, when she released her debut album, Animal, Kesha continued to discuss the likes of drinking, partying, and even associating everyday things with drinking (ex: Hungover). Now continuing on the footsteps of Animal, Cannibal, keeps the electropop going with more variety and flavor. With "Grow A Pear" (which sounds like something out of an old Nintendo game), is filled with vulgarity and infatuation with a boy who has a more feminine side than most boys. Likeable, yet laughable lyrics (...and no, I don't want to see your mangina). "Grow A Pear" is for the ones who like a couple of laughs. Continuing with the trend of self-empowerment songs, "We R Who We R" continues in the footsteps of Katy Perry and Lady Gaga with lyrics discussing being who you want to be. Though catchy towards the younger crowd, the older crowd would not be pleased with this song, considering the repetitious syllables (DJ turn it up up up up...) which even for teens can get annoying for a while (was that really necessary Kesha?) Though the songs are catchy, Cannibal is not worthy of becoming a Grammy winning album. This album is more humorous than serious and at times the autotune and synths get a little annoying after a while. But for the most part, Kesha continues to be a front runner in nightclubs and is popular among the dance crowd as well as teenage America. Expand
  28. Apr 4, 2011
    IIIIII LLLLOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE KKKKKKEEEEEE$$$$$$$$$HHHHHHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CCCAAANNNIIIBBBAAALLL FTW!!! This EP is amazing. Non stop dancing :P
  29. Mar 31, 2011
    Thanks to Dr. Luke, any talentless white trash skank can now become a "singer." These are sad days for pop music and music in general. For this to be called "music" and "singing" is blasphemy!
  30. Mar 8, 2011
    Ke$ha's debut studio album may have been simple and obnoxious, but anyone can admit that it was catchy and shown off her spicy, "I.D.G.A.F." personality. In stead of vanishing for another year in order to focus on a whole studio album, Ke$ha's latest Cannibal is an extended play with eight tracks that -- once again -- show off her rowdy side.

While the tracks are still autotune-heavy, and

While the tracks are still autotune-heavy, and maybe even sound like B-sides from her predecessor, there's a bit more ingenuity in Cannibal. The lead single, "We R Who We R", is hardly different from her previous singles, but it's catchy enough to be a success. However, tracks such as "Cannibal", "Sleazy", and "Blow" are the album's standout club tracks, with rude, but involving lyrics.

Another highlight of Cannibal are its ballads, specifically "The Harold Song", which features her unlayered vocals during the verses. The lyrics are surprisingly profound, whilst her vocals are quite relaxing as well. "C U Next Tuesday" is auto-tune heavy, but classy as well, inspired by 80's bubblegum pop.

If you're not a fan of Ke$ha's auto-tune heavy soundtrack, Animal, then there's nothing here to redeem your opinion. However, if you are a fan, then Cannibal will be a gentle step forward.

1. Dec 20, 2010
    This adjunct to "Animal" is unapologetically escapist and highly programmed fun.
  2. Dec 8, 2010
    Sure, Max Martin's hooks, and especially Dr. Luke's neon-colored throb push these tunes into your head--they're in top form, aided by the tight focus of an eight-track EP, Cannibal's brevity trumping the scattershot Animal--but what makes them stick is Kesha, a pop star lacking pop star looks and a pop star voice.
    Ke$ha didn't really set the bar for intellectual heft too high on her debut, Animal, so it seems like hair-splitting to mention that even with guilty pleasures like "Cannibal" and, uh, "C U Next Tuesday," Cannibal seems to be skimping on the cleverness.