6.4

Review this album

1. Nov 8, 2013
    This album is my childhood!! One of the best albums ive ever heard. Doesnt deserve any negative reviews. Itll be okay, the one, my generation, full nelson, my way, boiler, and take a look around are my favorite songs on the album!!!
  2. Jul 10, 2011
    Amazing sound, limp bizkits best album. Why the critics dont like it is a total mystery. ive come to the conclusion they're either jealous or deaf.
  3. Jan 5, 2011
    I personally like nu metal alot. It is the only genre (as for as I'm concerned...) that combines rock with rap while not containing overly-distorted guitars (have you listened to Hollywood Undead?). But I speak for all my metalhead friends when I say this is an amazing album. DJ Lethal wants to make me shake my ass every time I listen to "My Generation." I also find it utterly impossible [for anyone that likes rap over metal] to listen to Fred's voice and label it "crap." You wanna hear crap? Listen to the chorus of "Thrown Away" by Papa Roach from "Infest." Crap. I love this album, I love Limp Bizkit, and I love nu metal.

And FWI- I love Hollywood Undead, and I love the song "Thrown Away." Papa Roach's album "Infest" is amazing, Jacoby just didn't have a great voice at the time (but boy could he rap!).
  4. Aug 18, 2010
    Limp Bizkit is better than ever!! All of their songs are catchy and awesome!! Anyone who thinks that this album sucks, they are mistaken! This is the best nu-metal album from Limp Bizkit. Yes Fred Durst can be a douche, but aside from his personality, this album is awesome

1. Fred Durst may grab the headlines, but Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water really shows that all the power Limp Bizkit are known for comes from their bandmembers who, you know, actually play instruments. Durst's lyrics are wack when he raps and bad high school poetry when he sings.... Of course, there aren't many people looking for deep thoughts from Durst and Co. -- just lots of big, dumb, angry fun. And on that count, Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water delivers.
    The sound is now clearer than on either predecessor; the rapping likewise. And here come Jane's Addiction and the Smashing Pumpkins--this is a slicker, grander record than Significant Other. [Jan 2001, p.112]
    The very concept of Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water might be brilliant if it was a work of absurdist art. But this album is just absurd.