7.7

Review this album

1. dales.
    Sep 19, 2009
    I think this is a great album. Mostly because it brings back good memories when it came out 9 years ago. Im surprised the album never got the good reviews it deserved. There are some great songs on here.
  2. Jasper
    Aug 13, 2004
    I think all of u suck. This is by far the best CD I've heard after LP's Hybrid Theory. It may not be the masterpiece u all want, but it definetevely it's a kickass CD.
  3. BernieG
    Feb 25, 2009
    Their best work! High points: My Generation, My Way, Full Nelson, Rollin'(Rock and Rap versions), The One, MI2 Theme, It'll Be OK, Hold On. Low points: "Hot Dog" because Fred Durst went overboard on the cursing. 3 minutes of Ben Stiller laughing at the end was annoying too.
  4. Jan 5, 2011
    I personally like nu metal alot. It is the only genre (as for as I'm concerned...) that combines rock with rap while not containing overly-distorted guitars (have you listened to Hollywood Undead?). But I speak for all my metalhead friends when I say this is an amazing album. DJ Lethal wants to make me shake my ass every time I listen to "My Generation." I also find it utterly impossibleI personally like nu metal alot. It is the only genre (as for as I'm concerned...) that combines rock with rap while not containing overly-distorted guitars (have you listened to Hollywood Undead?). But I speak for all my metalhead friends when I say this is an amazing album. DJ Lethal wants to make me shake my ass every time I listen to "My Generation." I also find it utterly impossible [for anyone that likes rap over metal] to listen to Fred's voice and label it "crap." You wanna hear crap? Listen to the chorus of "Thrown Away" by Papa Roach from "Infest." Crap. I love this album, I love Limp Bizkit, and I love nu metal.

And FWI- I love Hollywood Undead, and I love the song "Thrown Away." Papa Roach's album "Infest" is amazing, Jacoby just didn't have a great voice at the time (but boy could he rap!).
  5. Jul 10, 2011
    Amazing sound, limp bizkits best album. Why the critics dont like it is a total mystery. ive come to the conclusion they're either jealous or deaf.
  6. Aug 18, 2010
    Limp Bizkit is better than ever!! All of their songs are catchy and awesome!! Anyone who thinks that this album sucks, they are mistaken! This is the best nu-metal album from Limp Bizkit. Yes Fred Durst can be a douche, but aside from his personality, this album is awesome
  7. Jul 22, 2011
    The only good thing I can say about this is that it's a little better than Results May Very. So go claim your freakin' door prize, guys. You're still an utterly awful band.
  8. Nov 23, 2012
    This album is stupid to such an extend! Limp Bizkit have been so far away from intelligent lyrics as the earth from planet Neptun. The fact that Fred Durst said the f-word about 60 times (no exaggeration here!) in one single song (=Hot Dog) proves that. I don't absolutely deny that you can't make party to these music, I actually enjoyed 3 songs on here, but musically this album is suchThis album is stupid to such an extend! Limp Bizkit have been so far away from intelligent lyrics as the earth from planet Neptun. The fact that Fred Durst said the f-word about 60 times (no exaggeration here!) in one single song (=Hot Dog) proves that. I don't absolutely deny that you can't make party to these music, I actually enjoyed 3 songs on here, but musically this album is such rubbish, I really can't understand how professional critics could give this CD such good average ratings. Whatever, it's not the worst album ever and they've got some nice guitar and drum parts on here, which makes this release a 3, which is quite good for Limp Bizkit standards. Expand
  9. ChrisH
    Jan 12, 2007
    I was actually wrote a music column at a paper when this record came out. I can't remember what I wrote then, but I'm sure it was something along the lines of "mindless" and "juvenile." I still have this album somehere; it may be the worst album I own.
  10. MichaelE.
    Aug 3, 2002
    You know, Fred Durst makes me want to get a sniper rifle and... Oh! That's illegal...
  11. MikeH
    Jun 27, 2005
    It's bad enough to consider making a chocolate starfish right on the disc. But that would be utterly disgusting, so I prefer to let my dogs do it instead.
  12. DylanP
    Jan 3, 2006
    total garbage!!! But what do you expect from Limp Bizkit.
  13. JeremyA.
    Dec 10, 2001
    One of the worst albums I have EVER heard. If I could give it a negative rating, I would.
    Jan 18, 2002
    This is a bad band with a bad singer.
  15. HandsomeB.Wonderful
    Jul 31, 2002
    Just awful! Rip offs with big mouths
  16. mikes
    Aug 2, 2005
    Complete garbage. If you listen to this cd you must have no sense of how music should be composed, the music and lyrics are cringe inducing. ugh!
  17. C.R.
    Nov 12, 2006
    Holy fuck, this album sucks. To be honest, I only "like" (in the loosest possible sense) Limp Bizkit's first two albums. They're trashy, mindless fun. Their riffs are huge, and the lyrics are unintentionally hilarious. This is where they started sucking. Still, the "Boiler" video made me laugh.
  18. drewB
    Mar 8, 2006
    ahr, she fucking blows, i don't have any idea how music could get worse
  19. Joe
    Aug 1, 2006
    I can't believe I liked this band when I was in middle school. Okay, musically I suppose they're tolerable, and the guest appearances from the likes of Xzibit, Method Man, DMX, Redman, STP's Scott Weiland, and even Ben Stiller provide bright spots. The cameos save this album from the dreaded goose egg, which is VERY bad news for the band. Especially Fred Durst, whose lyrics I can't believe I liked this band when I was in middle school. Okay, musically I suppose they're tolerable, and the guest appearances from the likes of Xzibit, Method Man, DMX, Redman, STP's Scott Weiland, and even Ben Stiller provide bright spots. The cameos save this album from the dreaded goose egg, which is VERY bad news for the band. Especially Fred Durst, whose lyrics reach an all-time low here (and they were never that good to begin with). He doesn't like when people talk shit about him (several songs are centered around this concept), he really wants to live the rock-star lifestyle ("Livin' It Up"), women just don't seem to understand him ("It'll Be OK," "Boiler," possibly "The One"), and then there are some songs that don't seem to be about anything at all (both versions of "Rollin'," "My Generation"). I have this feeling that if Fred Durst were kicked out of the band and they just did a Santana-esque album of collaborations with actual competent MCs, they'd be much better. I'm so glad my copy of this record is a burned CD. Expand
  20. CharlesH.
    May 24, 2002
    Fred Durst layers his music with the same macho WASP misogyny and homophobia as Eminem. But unlike Eminem, he doesn't have the talent, wit, sincerity, self-deprecation or respect for his band to back it up.
  21. MichaelR.
    Aug 23, 2002
    It's not the worst thing I've ever heard, but considering that one of the worst things I've ever heard was a small dog being ran over by a large automobile, that's not saying much. The musicians themselves are talented, but Fred screws things up with his shoddy songwriting skills, and the horrid "rapping" he does. If I were Limp Bizkit, I'd kick Fred out, get Wes It's not the worst thing I've ever heard, but considering that one of the worst things I've ever heard was a small dog being ran over by a large automobile, that's not saying much. The musicians themselves are talented, but Fred screws things up with his shoddy songwriting skills, and the horrid "rapping" he does. If I were Limp Bizkit, I'd kick Fred out, get Wes back, and get a new frontman, and name. Expand
  22. Nov 6, 2012
    I could just use this review to trash Fred Durst calling him immature names, but I'm not going to be biased. However I will say that Fred Durst is the problem with this band. The musicians, particularly Wes Borland, are truly working hard to deliver good music. But Fred Durst whining saying he wants a girlfriend (on "The One") and with proud bombast how he wants to keep driving in fancyI could just use this review to trash Fred Durst calling him immature names, but I'm not going to be biased. However I will say that Fred Durst is the problem with this band. The musicians, particularly Wes Borland, are truly working hard to deliver good music. But Fred Durst whining saying he wants a girlfriend (on "The One") and with proud bombast how he wants to keep driving in fancy cars (on "Rollin'"). And the biggest shame of all is that Durst has the audacity to take the lyrics from Closer by Nine Inch Nails on the opening track. Truly one of the worst albums of 2000 along with Kid A by Radiohead! Expand
  23. JakeH
    Jan 30, 2005
    Dude i fucking love Limp bizkit. Ever snice i heard it at my friends house i thought it kickedass. What makes me mad is that everybody hates them and that they got booed off stage at the Chicago show. And what happened to them i want them to make a new cd. Soon i will have enough money to buy all of there cd,s. So peace out everbody tell me if u like this stuff!
  24. JackP
    Oct 4, 2008
    It's really sad that the reviews do not focus on the quality of the music, but other issues. Frankly this is one of the best if not the best nu metal album I have ever heard. It's hard to describe, but I think it's a very refreshing and dynamic record which does not lack innovation. Simply the best from Limp Bizkit.
  25. ChrisB.
    Jan 13, 2002
    good if u like rock music but there is better out there
  26. Si
    Jul 27, 2007
    Better than Significant Other. Now that nu-metal is no longer mainstream there seems to be a lot of Limp appearing out of the cracks. Shows how many people jumped on the 'I Hate Fred Durst' bandwagon rather than the music.
  27. MattM
    Sep 6, 2008
    It's the heretic, because people judge it by two or three songs. It will only be wanted when it's gone.
  28. JonathanF.
    Aug 11, 2001
    Those critics just don't understand the purpose of Rap-Metal... This album is pure fun Catchy Lyrics, good guitar riffs, curses all over the place... I find this album great for a party...
  29. KimberlyF.
    Aug 15, 2001
    This CD is the best. The critics are so wrong. They just dont have any appreciation for this music. I listen to this CD a lot and I love it
  30. KimberlyF.
    Aug 15, 2001

1. Fred Durst may grab the headlines, but Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water really shows that all the power Limp Bizkit are known for comes from their bandmembers who, you know, actually play instruments. Durst's lyrics are wack when he raps and bad high school poetry when he sings.... Of course, there aren't many people looking for deep thoughts from Durst and Co. -- just lots of big, dumb, angry fun. And on that count, Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water delivers.
  2. Spin
    The sound is now clearer than on either predecessor; the rapping likewise. And here come Jane's Addiction and the Smashing Pumpkins--this is a slicker, grander record than Significant Other. [Jan 2001, p.112]
    The very concept of Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water might be brilliant if it was a work of absurdist art. But this album is just absurd.