Circus

8.0

Review this album

1. Greta
    Dec 3, 2008
    Mediocre, no standout tracks. Disappointing follow-up to Blackout, which I consider to be her best album by far.
  2. MeredithS
    Dec 3, 2008
    Although Britney allegedly was not very engaged in the project, "Blackout" was so much better than "Circus". With all of her previous albums, there was at least one or two really, really catchy tunes. I was so dissapointed that there was not one tune on here that I liked. I won't be listening to it over and over again like I did with Blackout.
  3. GabrielJ.
    Dec 4, 2008
    the song are repetitive and there isnt any really new, but there are some songs that really are an improvement, in conclusion circus is a better album that I expected to be but still she has a long journey to remember us why she was called de Pop Princess
  4. Nov 26, 2010
    Circus is disappointing although it contains some standout tracks but most tracks are mediocre. I love how catchy and danceable "Womanizer", "Circus", "If U Seek Amy" and etc. But there is less singing and some tracks are boring like "Blur" and "Kill the Lights."
  5. May 25, 2012
    The album as a whole is not terrible. Britney gets it right on the singles "Womanizer", "Circus", and even "If U Seek Amy" manages to be likable, despite it's awful lyrics. However, the songs that are bad are really, really bad. "Mmm Papi" is inexcusably awful, with Britney obnoxiously singing lines like "Now see I'm Mami, and that make you Papi, and that makes us Luvi!". Her ballad "MyThe album as a whole is not terrible. Britney gets it right on the singles "Womanizer", "Circus", and even "If U Seek Amy" manages to be likable, despite it's awful lyrics. However, the songs that are bad are really, really bad. "Mmm Papi" is inexcusably awful, with Britney obnoxiously singing lines like "Now see I'm Mami, and that make you Papi, and that makes us Luvi!". Her ballad "My Baby" is among the other offenders on the album, a sickeningly sappy track about her children that she apparently wrote herself. I would recommend downloading a few of the songs, but buying the entire album would be a mistake in my opinion. Collapse
  6. Sep 23, 2012
    Although the album is the first step of a re-invention period for the singer, "Britney" is, still, a childish-like album. Despite from some of the songs (such as "I'm a Slave 4 U" and "Boys"), the rest of the album is too girly even for Britney's style. The tentative to achieve a more feminine and adult sound transforms into a sensation of "how would that be like if the Neptune hadAlthough the album is the first step of a re-invention period for the singer, "Britney" is, still, a childish-like album. Despite from some of the songs (such as "I'm a Slave 4 U" and "Boys"), the rest of the album is too girly even for Britney's style. The tentative to achieve a more feminine and adult sound transforms into a sensation of "how would that be like if the Neptune had produced the whole thing?", since they were responsible for the two mentioned songs. From what it should have been, the album is just a wannabe. Expand
  7. Aug 6, 2013
    "If U Seek Amy" will always be one of my favorite Britney songs. Other good songs include "Mmm Papi" and "Womanizer". A great CD if you like happy pop music.

1. Halfway through, Circus shifts from defiant booty calls to subtler material; suddenly, it's a first-rate electro-pop album.
  2. Obviously all is still not perfect in Britney's world, but Circus still does more than enough to remind us of why she's one of the world's most iconic pop stars.
  3. Her voice--treated and autotuned to within an inch of its life throughout--still sounds like that of the Mouseketeer who brought us '...Baby One More Time’, with every breathy “Mmmm… yeah!” and all the oh-so-naughty lyrics, such as the ones above, sounding forced and unconvincing. Of course, on a large number of the tracks here she has the solidly cool-sounding (no doubt expensive) backdrop of futur’n’b pop.