Circus - Britney Spears
8.0

Review this album

1. Sep 6, 2014
    Esse é o álbum da "volta por cima" de Britney. Depois de raspar a cabeça, beber, fumar, e ir para a clínica de reabilitação, e todos acharem que sua carreira estava acabada, voltou com tudo com o single Womanizer e o álbum Circus, um album pop muito bom e divertido. Acertou em cheio! As melhores faixas são "Circus" "Blur" e "Unusual You".
  2. May 14, 2014
    This album is FANTASTIC. It's funny like no other she has ever released and every track stands out in it's own way. Unusual you was, for me, the best track on the album and one of the best of her entire carreer(too bad it wasn't released as a single :( ), and the others follow up to this.
  3. Dec 13, 2013
    melhor album pop melhor album pop melhor album pop melhor album pop melhor album pop melhor album pop melhor album pop amoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  4. Nov 27, 2013
    Amazing Album! It deserves a 10! A lot of hits and good music. Womanizer, Circus, If U Seek Amy, Lace and Leather, Kill The Lights. Definitely one of her best!
  5. Oct 21, 2013
    Definitely one of Britney's most underrated albums. People compare it too much to Blackout (her most overrated album), I personally enjoy it a lot more than Blackout, we actually get to listen to her real voice and there is more musical variety (electronic songs, dance songs, ballads, etc.). I'd say it's my second favorite Britney album, after In The Zone.
  6. Aug 6, 2013
    "If U Seek Amy" will always be one of my favorite Britney songs. Other good songs include "Mmm Papi" and "Womanizer". A great CD if you like happy pop music.
  7. Mar 24, 2013
    Womiazer, Circus, Kill The Lights, If U Seek Amy, Unusual You, Papi, Lace And Leather!
    Damn Perfect!
  8. Mar 4, 2013
    if not her best then one of her best albums ever.!!! Songs like ''Circus'' Womanizer'' ''If U Seek Amy'' ''Mannequin'' ''Shattered Glass'' make you wanna dance..but on the other hand, ballads like ''Out from under'' ''My Baby'' or Unusual You'' are so so beautiful...
  9. Nov 7, 2012
    Britney at her best returns and has made a helluva comeback with Womaniser and Circus... A must listen Although tracks like Blur and My Baby are slightly away from the direction of the album, it glues together perfectly with peppy tracks like If U Seek Amy and Mmm Papi :-P
  10. Sep 23, 2012
    Although the album is the first step of a re-invention period for the singer, "Britney" is, still, a childish-like album. Despite from some of the songs (such as "I'm a Slave 4 U" and "Boys"), the rest of the album is too girly even for Britney's style. The tentative to achieve a more feminine and adult sound transforms into a sensation of "how would that be like if the Neptune hadAlthough the album is the first step of a re-invention period for the singer, "Britney" is, still, a childish-like album. Despite from some of the songs (such as "I'm a Slave 4 U" and "Boys"), the rest of the album is too girly even for Britney's style. The tentative to achieve a more feminine and adult sound transforms into a sensation of "how would that be like if the Neptune had produced the whole thing?", since they were responsible for the two mentioned songs. From what it should have been, the album is just a wannabe. Expand
  11. Aug 8, 2012
    This is Britney Spears best album in my honest opinion. This is like Blackout 2.0. It contains instantly catcy songs like Womanizer, which I think is a message delivered to Kevin Federline, Circus which is basically her saying this is her comeback and she can still put on a show. I was impressed that she also added some personal and honest ballads about her failed marriage like Out FromThis is Britney Spears best album in my honest opinion. This is like Blackout 2.0. It contains instantly catcy songs like Womanizer, which I think is a message delivered to Kevin Federline, Circus which is basically her saying this is her comeback and she can still put on a show. I was impressed that she also added some personal and honest ballads about her failed marriage like Out From Under, Shattered Glass, Ununsual You a special dedication to her kids My Baby. A sexy side is also seen in Lace & Leather and If You Seek Amy. Very impressed that she maintained some of her Blackout sound in this one. Expand
  12. Jun 29, 2012
    Britney's second best cd released thus far. Good production and well put together. The album transitions very well as each song flow right into the next. It also contains her best ballad (Out From Under) since "Everytime". Though "Circus" and "Mannequin" are the best tracks on the cd.
  13. May 29, 2012
    Simply 100% Perfect Album And Singles
    This Is The 1st Britney Album That Should Get A Perfect 10/10!
    Great Album!
  14. May 25, 2012
    The album as a whole is not terrible. Britney gets it right on the singles "Womanizer", "Circus", and even "If U Seek Amy" manages to be likable, despite it's awful lyrics. However, the songs that are bad are really, really bad. "Mmm Papi" is inexcusably awful, with Britney obnoxiously singing lines like "Now see I'm Mami, and that make you Papi, and that makes us Luvi!". Her ballad "MyThe album as a whole is not terrible. Britney gets it right on the singles "Womanizer", "Circus", and even "If U Seek Amy" manages to be likable, despite it's awful lyrics. However, the songs that are bad are really, really bad. "Mmm Papi" is inexcusably awful, with Britney obnoxiously singing lines like "Now see I'm Mami, and that make you Papi, and that makes us Luvi!". Her ballad "My Baby" is among the other offenders on the album, a sickeningly sappy track about her children that she apparently wrote herself. I would recommend downloading a few of the songs, but buying the entire album would be a mistake in my opinion. Expand
  15. Apr 7, 2012
    How to make a great album?? Ask to Britney Spears! After her dark period Britney gets back with a simply fantastic album, "Circus". Funny and engaging, when you listen this album you feel like in another world, like in a "Circus", because you feel a lot of feelings in the same moment and so you are confused but also charmed. Best Songs? "Womanizer", "If U Seek Amy", "Kill the Lights" andHow to make a great album?? Ask to Britney Spears! After her dark period Britney gets back with a simply fantastic album, "Circus". Funny and engaging, when you listen this album you feel like in another world, like in a "Circus", because you feel a lot of feelings in the same moment and so you are confused but also charmed. Best Songs? "Womanizer", "If U Seek Amy", "Kill the Lights" and "Out From Under".... Great Job, Princess! ( sorry for my English ) Expand
  16. Mar 23, 2012
    Circus is great album, not her best but still good enough for 10!
  17. Feb 24, 2012
    I have only two words - oh yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. Dec 23, 2011
    Overall Circus In My Opinion Is Fine!
    The Best Tracks Are: Circus, Womanizer, Out from Under, If U Seek Amy, Unusual You, And Lace And Leather... I Hate KILL THE LIGHTS!
  19. Dec 13, 2011
    not her best, but certainly not a bad album. clearly put together just as she was recovering from the downward spiral her life was on in 2007. even so, this album is too 'clean' and lacks the gritty feeling that 'Blackout' had. some forgettable songs, but still a solid pop album. 'Shattered Glass', 'Mannequin', and "Kill The Lights" are stand-out tracks.
  20. Sep 12, 2011
    Maybe not the right follow up to Blackout and to be honest Circus went too easy about the sounds (Blackout is darker) but at least this is a great album. Womanizer is the best single on the album! Circus, Kill The Lights, If U Seek Amy, Unusual You and Blur are great tracks too! Out from Under and My Baby are sweet ballads.
  21. Sep 10, 2011
    A collection of soft, circus-themed songs that after a while may sound dull but will always be anthems ("Womanizer", "If U Seek Amy"). Loving "Mmm Papi" and "Lace and Leather" aswell.
  22. Aug 7, 2011
    The ultimate comeback album? For the most part yes. This record offers far more than any of her previous records, track after track you can almost smell the production and care that's been undertaken, it's almost a powerful album in parts that see's Britney return to pop form, leaving her so called "urban" past behind her. The only parts of the album that lack come from Britney herself, orThe ultimate comeback album? For the most part yes. This record offers far more than any of her previous records, track after track you can almost smell the production and care that's been undertaken, it's almost a powerful album in parts that see's Britney return to pop form, leaving her so called "urban" past behind her. The only parts of the album that lack come from Britney herself, or rather lack of Britney. A face can fit and a legacy can go on, but by studio album number six there's only so little the actual artist can be involved in the writing and production and voice for that matter without staring to offend her fans and critics. Expand
  23. Jun 22, 2011
    POSITIVE - The album is actually very good. I wasn't sure what to expect as initially the album appeared rushed, it just sort of appeared. But the album as a whole i personally think is her best to date. Starting with 'Womanizer' as the open track i crossed my fingers that the following tracks would match the success in production and sound, and i must say they did. It's sounds veryPOSITIVE - The album is actually very good. I wasn't sure what to expect as initially the album appeared rushed, it just sort of appeared. But the album as a whole i personally think is her best to date. Starting with 'Womanizer' as the open track i crossed my fingers that the following tracks would match the success in production and sound, and i must say they did. It's sounds very clean, very polished. Certain tracks such as 'Unusual You' were unexpected and a breathe of fresh air. 70% of this album is pretty much as good as pop music can get.
    NEGATIVE - Certain tracks are obviously filler tracks 'Mmm Papi', 'My Baby' and 'Mannequin' fall flat compared to rest of the album. I was slighty confused how these tracks were on the full version and better and even more exciting tracks such as 'Phoneography' and 'Amnesia' were bonus tracks. The album at times also has a typical it will do feel about it, 'Lace and Leather' for example, although one of my favourite tracks, it just could have been so much more. OVERALL - A very good album that is certainly worth purchasing, if your a Britney fan or not. Not quite 100%, but by far an achievment in the Britney catalogue.
  24. May 24, 2011
    Womanizer, If You Seek Amy , Unusual You and Kill The Lights almost block out the vile My Baby and Mmm Papi which would have been better replaced with the bonus tracks. Radar is a great song. But by the time it was released as a single (June 2009) Britney lovers had already got the message when we heard it a year and a half earlier.
  25. Mar 25, 2011
    Is a good album, but much less Blackout.Le best songs are: Womanizer, Circus, Out From Under, My Baby, Mmm Papi and Shattered Glass. We expected more from this album, after the excellent Blackout.
  26. Nov 26, 2010
    Circus is disappointing although it contains some standout tracks but most tracks are mediocre. I love how catchy and danceable "Womanizer", "Circus", "If U Seek Amy" and etc. But there is less singing and some tracks are boring like "Blur" and "Kill the Lights."
  27. Sep 4, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Britney is back, his album deserves note 10,
    The two ballads, "Out From Under" and "My Baby" are perfect! The album is mature and the songs are the best!

1. Halfway through, Circus shifts from defiant booty calls to subtler material; suddenly, it's a first-rate electro-pop album.
  2. Obviously all is still not perfect in Britney's world, but Circus still does more than enough to remind us of why she's one of the world's most iconic pop stars.
  3. Her voice--treated and autotuned to within an inch of its life throughout--still sounds like that of the Mouseketeer who brought us '...Baby One More Time’, with every breathy “Mmmm… yeah!” and all the oh-so-naughty lyrics, such as the ones above, sounding forced and unconvincing. Of course, on a large number of the tracks here she has the solidly cool-sounding (no doubt expensive) backdrop of futur’n’b pop.