Confield - Autechre
9.0

Review this album

1. Jan 28, 2013
    I listened to this while i was having a vacation in Manzanillo, Mexico. It was 2:00 a.m...one of the most beautiful moments of my life, inspiring, complex, I was astonished, hypnotized. Confield is one of the best albums in the history of humankind. No exaggeration.
  2. May 4, 2013
    The IDM duo's breakthrough release is absolutely hooking, with layers of ambiance and carefully detailed beats, Autechre is able to create a sonic landscape of electronica that will remain the baron of their discography for years to come.
  3. Mar 24, 2014
    It's hard to describe this album and give a review. All I can say is that it gets better with time and you never fully appreciate this album at his best because each listen there is something new. Though, I would say this has to be the most elitist music in the world, meaning that only a few could listen and enjoy it.

1. Confield not only documents the future of IDM; it also cements Autechre's name in the pantheon of sonic visionaries. [Jul 2001, p.63]
    Autechre are mulching electronic music, letting their code sweat and rot in the heat. In doing so, they set off a complex ecological process that is interesting to watch, if not always pretty to listen to. [#84, p.105]
    They've all but abandoned 4/4 grooves, discarded bass as an inefficient distraction and fractured their beats into splintery beatlets that detonate in flurries. [Jun/Jul 2001, p.105]