Distant Relatives - Nas And Damian Marley
9.3

Review this album

1. Nov 27, 2010
    It's better than I expected, and I had high hopes for Nas and Damian Marley. Great production and lyrics from both seemed to complement each other very well.
  2. Dec 17, 2010
    This is defintely one of the best albums of the year. Nas and Damian Marley are one of the two greatest living artists I know. The lyrics are mind blowing and the production is great but not excellent.
  3. Oct 3, 2012
    I had to register and write a review for this CD because anyone who heard this and understood what they were trying to do on this one wouldn't have gave this CD lower then a 9 out of 10. No filler tracks, the songs go well together, they keep the CD going. Bad Meets Evil,Jay-Z and Kanye West etc. No one is going to make this good of a mainstream Collabo CD.

[This album] finds a glorious similitude between the two disciplines. [Jul 2010, p.92]
  2. Reggae-rap soundclash fails to catch fire. [July 2010, p. 136]
  3. The result is an exceptionally melodic reggae album that's intensified by rapping devoid of dancehall patois and a hard edge unknown to roots revivalism. The result is also an exceptionally political hip-hop album that's most convincing when it doesn't multiply Afrocentric distortion by Rastafarian reasoning.