Donuts - J Dilla aka Jay Dee
8.9

Review this album

1. Nov 3, 2010
    This is simply amazing. I don't usually listen to this kind of music but I've learned to appreciate greatness no matter in what form it comes in and this is certainly a great album I've listened to over and over countless times.
  2. Jan 3, 2012
    One of my favorite and best Hip-Hop producers of all time. I love them instrumental album. It's so moving, fun, raw, funky, and jazzy. He's a unique producer (among with Madlib, MF Doom, and RZA). One of my favorite album of all time.

R.I.P J Dilla
  3. Apr 30, 2014
    J Dilla's final album is important to any fan of Hip Hop. The album flows incredibly smoothly from start to finish and never has a dull moment. Jay most of these tracks were made while he was in the hospital, He more than likely knew that ''Donuts'' would be the last album he would ever release, with that in Mind he created one of the most important hip hop albums of the decade.

1. Free from the constraints of perfunctory pop structure, Dee funnels seemingly dissonant patterns into pulsing tides of harmonious congruence.
  2. It’s entirely too richly tragic and fitting that the man’s last release is the apotheosis of his work, the finest and most representative example of what he contributed to music and, in turn, how music inspired him.
  3. A schizophrenic palate of honeyed soul, downbeat electrix, timeless hip hop and bare-knuckle beats, these 31 tracks (spread over 44 minutes) are packed with triple the hooks – and suffer from attention deficit disorder (to the listener’s benefit).