Fever To Tell - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
8.3

Review this album

1. j30
    Aug 15, 2011
    Karen O and Co. created one of the most important albums of the decade with Fever To Tell. It wasn't until It's Blitz that they won me over. I love the energy of Fever To Tell, it has this raw, punk vibe. "Maps" is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard and "Y Control" was the template of where they'd go next.
  2. Dec 16, 2010
    The Yeah Yeah Yeah's debut album is nothing short of astonishing. It mixes punk-rock with Karen O's beautiful vocals. The guitar riffs are catchy and the drum beats are amazing. The first three songs are great songs. And "Maps" is just a beautiful song. All In All, Fever To Tell is a great debut album. A-
  3. Mar 24, 2012
    This might be the most complete rock 'n' roll album ever recorded. It's an overused cliche but there actually are no bad songs on this record. It goes from strength to strength. Anyone who listens to 'Black Tongue' while driving and doesn't crash from overexcitement probably isn't human. 'Maps' might be the best song ever recorded, no fooling. If you don't own this then your life isn't complete.
  4. Jul 5, 2012
    Good overall. It's got a handful of really cracking tunes on it, a couple of dreary numbers we could have done without and then it's got some tracks that have a lot of noise and a some screechy vocals that do nothing for me. Worth listening through for the highlights though which for me are Rich, Maps and Y Control
  5. Apr 25, 2012
    "Maps" is a great love song, but the rest of this album is just a noise rock album striving to fit into the hipster sense of cool. Do not buy this record.

1. Capable punk rock with a slightly skuzzy, yet unmistakably pop edge.
  2. While not quite the epochal showing demanded by its creation, the album holds out an impressive range with a few different directions to follow.
    The songs on Fever to Tell swerve like they're being followed by the police, constantly changing and transforming. [May 2003, p.124]