• Record Label: Warp
  • Release Date: Feb 19, 2002
9.1

Review this album

1. Sep 12, 2014
    Superb oeuvre... an oasis for the seeker..............................................................................................................
  2. Apr 20, 2014
    One of the most immersive, creepy, and downright head-tripping albums I've ever experienced. Nostalgically beautiful, yet subtly sinister, this is only surpassed by "Music Has the Right..." as their greatest work.
  3. Apr 28, 2013
    The music itself is great but I can't give this album more then 6,66 because of blatant use of satanistic imagery,symbols and messages all over the place.I don't care if they did it for a joke,artistic reasons or whatever-it's just way over the line for me.
  4. DasR
    Jan 12, 2010
    I give this one star for the effort of actually publishing this noise. I've listened to the whole album in its entirety and let me tell you, it was a battle! The only purpose I see for this album would be to put you to sleep, but I have a fan that does that well enough. If you found this album thought provoking, creative, or a masterpiece of any sort, do me a favor and lay off the drugs.
  5. ChrisP
    Dec 10, 2008
    As with any BoC album, Geogaddi is perfect.
  6. GCB
    Dec 27, 2007
    When will I listen to this album and not discover something that I've previously missed? A truely mesmerizing experience every time its heard.
  7. SophieM
    Oct 18, 2007
    This album is fantastic. I agree with what some other people have said, it sounds like old childhood memories and dreams. There are lots of tracks here, and when I first started listening I wasn't sure, but soon they just become stuck in your mind. Not for everyone, but honestly try it out, I hope you'll find it as great as I did.
  8. SeanP.
    Oct 5, 2007
    Hey, [Anonymous}, did you mean the song "Dawn Chorus", which is right AFTER "Over The Horizon Radar"? "Horizon Radar" is only a minute-long fragment, while "Dawn Chorus" is my favorite track on the album. Of course, the album is great from beginning to end.
  9. Maxwell
    Mar 21, 2007
    Just like KID A two years before it, GEOGADDI is an electronica masterpiece, not because you can instantly pluck a handful of classics out of its tracklisting, but instead because it is an album in its truest form; it reveals its many layers with each listen. You will be pulled into a unique world; unique because it will be different for every single listener who interprets it in their Just like KID A two years before it, GEOGADDI is an electronica masterpiece, not because you can instantly pluck a handful of classics out of its tracklisting, but instead because it is an album in its truest form; it reveals its many layers with each listen. You will be pulled into a unique world; unique because it will be different for every single listener who interprets it in their own way-- and this is the beauty of art: Boards of Canada have created an album so personal, so real, no two people will have the same experience deciphering its endless intricacies. This is music in its highest form; full marks. Expand
    Sep 9, 2006
    A great follow-up to 1998's "Music Has The Right To Children", this one has some truly outstanding songs. "Over The Horizon Radar" might just be the best Boards of Canada song ever written.
  11. ikramc
    Oct 20, 2004
    dark and brooding music, the type you would play to freak your friends out. the impact of boards of canada's music can not be understated, i feel they are the one of the few electronic music producers around who can actually create either playful or haunting melodies running around in your head for a long long time. if only all musicians put more of their thought and feelings into dark and brooding music, the type you would play to freak your friends out. the impact of boards of canada's music can not be understated, i feel they are the one of the few electronic music producers around who can actually create either playful or haunting melodies running around in your head for a long long time. if only all musicians put more of their thought and feelings into their work. sigh Expand
  12. BenjaminBunny
    Apr 1, 2004
    Like listening in on a series of disturbing childhood dreams--or reliving your own.
  13. mnky
    Jan 5, 2004
    sonically evolved from the "Music Has the Right....cd" Geogaddi is less produced (less butter......more trips)......BOC is one of the few bands that either cares too much or don't give a damn.........either way......revolutionary.
  14. MacM
    Sep 28, 2003
    Music as daring, scopic and inventive as this just doesn't seem to be made any more.
  15. NickP
    Jul 29, 2003
    There is so much to explore on this dark journey into occultism, childhood, drug use, nature, paranoia and eventual releif. What sets Geogaddi that mark above Music Has The Right... is simply that it is more polished, more cohesive and thought out. Astonishing attention to detail.
  16. DavidP
    Nov 19, 2002
    Reminiscent and playful, Geogaddi is like a shiny toy you had forgotten about, but then recovered thirty years later. Someimes surreal, and often opaque, with Geogaddi, our Boards of Canada reminds us that childhood is crucial to life, and that memories are as important as aspirations: ("The past inside the present"). An album for those who like to see modern music grow and change with Reminiscent and playful, Geogaddi is like a shiny toy you had forgotten about, but then recovered thirty years later. Someimes surreal, and often opaque, with Geogaddi, our Boards of Canada reminds us that childhood is crucial to life, and that memories are as important as aspirations: ("The past inside the present"). An album for those who like to see modern music grow and change with the times, but hold on to whatever roots they can. Geogaddi does just that. Expand
  17. jpegger
    Jul 25, 2002
    All i can say is MATH! Geogaddi is so complicated yet simplystic and beutiful(and sometimes very scary). When i listen to it i can't help but wonder if they(BOC) have figured out some way to cram messages into your brain using some "math-code" in the form of music. I think with a first listen, this album seems to not measure up to the last, but the more you listen, you quickly All i can say is MATH! Geogaddi is so complicated yet simplystic and beutiful(and sometimes very scary). When i listen to it i can't help but wonder if they(BOC) have figured out some way to cram messages into your brain using some "math-code" in the form of music. I think with a first listen, this album seems to not measure up to the last, but the more you listen, you quickly realize its so much better. Geogaddi is brilliant! BOC is the second best band ever! (Sonic Youth being the best of course):) Expand
  18. RyanL.
    Apr 9, 2002
    Beauty, innocence beset by bad things and creepiness. The way I felt listening to this was very similar to the way I felt reading Dark Spring by Unica Zurn. Was that book published in 1969? For sure, if someone were to make an animated version of Justine BOC songs would be on the soundtrack. I think one of the secrets of BOC is Sade. Energy Warning- how hilarious. In the song right after Beauty, innocence beset by bad things and creepiness. The way I felt listening to this was very similar to the way I felt reading Dark Spring by Unica Zurn. Was that book published in 1969? For sure, if someone were to make an animated version of Justine BOC songs would be on the soundtrack. I think one of the secrets of BOC is Sade. Energy Warning- how hilarious. In the song right after that water is running, wind is blowing and it sounds as if people are having sex. Does that sound like conservation of energy? Boards Of Canada are so mysteriously great geniuses! Expand
  19. CrocO'Dile
    Apr 8, 2002
    Mood music in the best possible sense of the term; fascinatingly evocative and mysterious.
  20. greebsand
    Mar 28, 2002
    I like this band , but parts of this album just creep me out. If I wanted a bad acid trip I'd fork over half the money the disc cost me for --b-a-d -a-c-i-d.
  21. sillymofo
    Mar 22, 2002
    lovin it
  22. KonstantinosA.
    Mar 18, 2002
    Amazing. It's music for 2002. The shorter tracks are like music you hear on documanteries about sea-bed wildlife... :-)
  23. Christoff
    Feb 27, 2002
    The Boards put Scotland on the map AGAIN.... and it's STILL in the same place!
  24. MatL.
    Feb 26, 2002
    The Scottish duo has took ''music has the right to the children'' and got it to a new level.
  25. JohnM.
    Feb 25, 2002
    Brilliant. But darker than its predecessor. They make the most natural sounding music around. It's like nature singing to you.

For the most part, Geogaddi only hints at new directions. But then, if it ain't broke, why fix it? [Apr 2002, p.78]
  2. Geogaddi is successful as few other albums are. Whereas many artists and groups tend to released records composed of series of unrelated songs, songs based on single concepts, or songs written and recorded during single studio sessions, Boards of Canada's latest has done something exponentially spectacular and commendable.
    It's a thoroughly satisfying album, but surprises are in short supply. [May 2002, p.120]