Good Girl Gone Bad

• Release Date: Jun 5, 2007
7.9

Review this album

1. Aug 15, 2013
    "Good Girl Gone Bad" is the best Rihanna CD yet. It has the perfect mix of ballads and uptempo songs. My favorites are "Breakin' Dishes", "Good Girl Gone Bad", "Disturbia", and "Hard".
  2. Nov 21, 2016
    Its classic now! A pop party album! Umbrella is her best song until 2013 and noone of her other hits make this noise, way better that her previous records!!. "Don't Stop The Music" and "Sell Me Candy" are outstanding!!.
  3. Sep 1, 2017
    This was literally the album that got everyone talking Rihanna. The album is full of hits. Umbrella, Disturbia, Don't Stop the Music to name a few. Absolute classic
  4. Nov 28, 2013
    A 45 year-old, white gay man, passionate about music, just becoming even more passionate with Rhapsody and discovering so many recent cd's, for free, with subscription, and I have to say, I am sorry i did not buy this cd when it came out so amazing dance, fun, rock on shut up and drive, etc. I love Rihanna's originality and her courage to be herself, such a wonderful, passionate cd and artist!
  5. Jan 29, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. HINARIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pisou na Beyoncé. Expand
  6. May 25, 2016
    13. Cry 90/100
    14. Haunted 60/100

Metascore: 82
  7. Feb 5, 2013
    Rihanna at her best. She has now released 7 albums and this would have to be the highlight for me with a number of smash hits on there followed by some great album tracks as well. She put no foot wrong here.
  8. May 22, 2015
    Super-star Rihanna stuns me crazily with this album full of great sound. "Take A Bow", "Shut Up and Drive", "Don't Stop the Music", "Disturbia", "Hate That I Love You", and "Te Amo" are well-produced.
  9. Aug 8, 2017
    The best Pop-R&B album of 2000s and one of the best this century. I'm not talking about quality, song-writing or her voice...it all really doesn't matter when album have this amount of hits. This album is just legendary.
  10. May 26, 2011
    A great pop album, her best along with Rated R. Her vocals are nothing special (she isn't that talented anyway) but the production of most tracks is very good.
  11. Aug 30, 2013
    The turning point, where Rihanna went from a pop tart to a pop star. Good Girl Gone Bad is harpooned by the signature classic, Umbrella. However it stands at the pinnacle of an album, that while crafted in a manner of perfect sequencing, works at best as a solid project lacking the punch of Umbrella. Tracks like Don't Stop the Music are essential to the prelude of electronic dance musicThe turning point, where Rihanna went from a pop tart to a pop star. Good Girl Gone Bad is harpooned by the signature classic, Umbrella. However it stands at the pinnacle of an album, that while crafted in a manner of perfect sequencing, works at best as a solid project lacking the punch of Umbrella. Tracks like Don't Stop the Music are essential to the prelude of electronic dance music that would follow in the years. But late night snoozes such as Say It or Question Existing work solely as the bones to Good Girl Gone Bad (and not as memorable classics.) Expand
  12. Nov 19, 2010
    Easily her best album to date, this album has secured Rihanna in Pop's A-List. This album is pop nirvana. With collaborations to the minimum, it gives Rihanna more time to show off what she's learned since her mediocre first two releases.
  13. Jun 15, 2016
    Rihanna has transitioned from an innocent girl persona to a more sexual figure. With the EDM beats and a solid production, Rihanna has completely revamped her style, and it works. While a few songs can get a bit tiresome, as a whole this album has elevated Rihanna to make her one of the most well-known stars of the world and is a successful effort. Who doesn't love "Umbrella"!?
  14. May 15, 2016
    Se você está a procura de um álbum alegre,espotâneo e divertido, certamente ¨Good Girl Gone Bad¨ pode satisfazer todas as suas necessidades.(A-)
  15. Jul 7, 2013
    Although the title says "Good Girl Gone Bad" I think that "Good Girl Gone Mainstream" would be a better one, because nothing about this album is certainly bad or even naughty. Of course there are some pseudo-sexual songs like "Push Up On Me" or "Sell Me Candy", but the CD's only bad-ass moment is the highlight of Rihanna's career "Umbrella". But besides that, "GGGB" is still a good album.Although the title says "Good Girl Gone Bad" I think that "Good Girl Gone Mainstream" would be a better one, because nothing about this album is certainly bad or even naughty. Of course there are some pseudo-sexual songs like "Push Up On Me" or "Sell Me Candy", but the CD's only bad-ass moment is the highlight of Rihanna's career "Umbrella". But besides that, "GGGB" is still a good album. Cute ballads like "Hate That I Love You", "Question Existing", "Good Girl Gone Bad", "Take A Bow" and club bangers like "Don't Stop The Music" or "Disturbia" are the reason to give this album a 2nd chance,cause it's worth it!

16. Nov 1, 2013
    "Umbrella", the song, after which I started being totally obsessed with the girl from Barbados island.
    This album is pretty much fine, excluding the most irritating song by Rihanna so far "Push Up On Me". I just hate this track .The reason why I think so is that however it is not bad production, Rihanna's interpretation and vocal are childish. "Say It", the case is repeating in some measure. Actually, her voice during the whole album is sugary xD
  17. Jul 22, 2011
    This album is mostly flawless from start to finish. Songs like "Question Existing", "Good Girl Gone Bad", "Sell Me Candy", "Lemme Get Dat", and a few others despratly need taken off this album. Highlights include "Hate Myself For Loving You", "Umbrella", "Push Up On Me", "Breakin' Dishes", "Shut Up And Drive", "Rehab", "If I Never See Your Face Again", "Disturbia", "Take A Bow"!
  18. Apr 5, 2015
    I remember dancing Breakin' Dishes in all good parties, I think is her best single, constant good rhythm, and incredibly catchy, don't know well what are the rests of the songs of this album so note is just for that amazing single.
  19. Jun 16, 2017
    El primer corre del disco así como el primer single del mismo es una colaboración con el rapero Jay Z. Una canción pop dance que es uno de los mayores éxitos de Rihanna. El fuerte de la pista son los estribillo, son muy pegadizos y comerciales, cada vez que la escucho no me puedo sacar de la cabeza los ella ella... La canción me encanta y creo que es de mis favoritas de Rihanna, su voz tanEl primer corre del disco así como el primer single del mismo es una colaboración con el rapero Jay Z. Una canción pop dance que es uno de los mayores éxitos de Rihanna. El fuerte de la pista son los estribillo, son muy pegadizos y comerciales, cada vez que la escucho no me puedo sacar de la cabeza los ella ella... La canción me encanta y creo que es de mis favoritas de Rihanna, su voz tan profunda y oscura pero a la vez llena de fuerza en un estribillo fantástico. De las mejores canciones de Rihanna y yo diría que una canción muy representativa de la década. Además fue la que llevo a Rihanna al gran éxito.. Expand
  20. Apr 27, 2016
    Good Girl Gone Bad is full of hits. She took a risc with this album, and it works out really well. Lots of catchy (Don't Stop The Music), badass (Breakin' Dishes, Shut Up and Drive) and iconic (Umbrella) songs
  21. Apr 5, 2016
    “Good girl gone bad” claramente pode ser considerado o primeiro grande marco de Rihanna, que em seu terceiro disco ultrapassa todas as expectativas possíveis para uma artista com pouca experiência na indústria musical. Variando entre os gêneros do R&B e do Hip-Hop, o álbum em si é recheado“Good girl gone bad” claramente pode ser considerado o primeiro grande marco de Rihanna, que em seu terceiro disco ultrapassa todas as expectativas possíveis para uma artista com pouca experiência na indústria musical. Variando entre os gêneros do R&B e do Hip-Hop, o álbum em si é recheado de pontos fortes. Em cada uma das 15 faixas, Rihanna apresenta composições simples, porém bem trabalhadas, além de ritmos espontâneos e pegajosos. Sendo o hit “Umbrella” o abre alas do CD, a tendência de gerarmos grandes expectativas é inevitável, e felizmente Rihanna as corresponde magnificamente. “Breakin’ dishes”, “Don’t stop the music”, e as faixas do pós relançamento, “Disturbia” e “Take a bow”, são alguns dos vários motivos que fazem o disco realmente valer a pena. Somente em “Questing existing” e em “If i never see your face again” a barbadiana deixa um pouquinho a desejar, porém nada alarmante o suficiente a ponto de tirar a integridade do álbum. Contudo, “Good girl gone bad” possui um charme esplendorosamente atraente o suficiente para convencer jovens e adultos com temas variando entre carros, guarda-chuvas e alguns conflitos amorosos. (B+) Expand
  22. Dec 18, 2014
    Rehab 100/100
    Question Existing 100/100
    Good Girl Gone Bad 100/100
  23. Sep 14, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Rihanna brings us again Caribbean roots and its urban style and experimental in "Good Girl Gone Bad". Songs like "Say It", "Good Girl Gone Bad", "Question Existing" and "Lemme Get That" show us your beautiful vocal and conceptual power to show and demonstrate their talent for musical interpretation and lyrical maturity. Bringing the hits "Umbrella", "Disturbia", "Don't Stop the Music" and "Breakin' Dishes" that shook the dancefloors around the world. Rihanna still presents us with beautiful ballads like "Take a Bow" and "Rehab", showing his ease with different styles. Basically, Rihanna leaves shows his talent still under development, but with a power never seen before. Expand
  24. Aug 18, 2010
    The best album of 2007 and 2008! Awesome songs, "Umbrella", "Don't Stop the Music", "Take a Bow" and "Disturbia". Rihanna bet strong in this production, and the result was a very powerful disk, her best so far. I'm sure that the successor of Rated R will be like this, or even better!
  25. Nov 18, 2011
    I like Rihanna, but with the exception of 5 songs, I don't really like this album. It's a decent pop record, but the sings have no substance. After a few listens I feel bored. However I will say that this album made me become a fan when it was first released.
  26. FatimaI
    Jun 10, 2007
    I think people are afraid to give Rihanna the credit she deserves. This is surprisingly a great album, made even more impressive when you realize how far she has come in 2 years. Umbrella, Breakin' Dishes, and Sell Me Candy are my songs for the summer. Whatever critics may think.
  27. AlfredoM
    Jun 20, 2007
    Way better that her previous records!!. "Don't Stop The Music" and "Sell Me Candy" are outstanding!!.SO MUCH FUN!!
  28. BlakeD
    Jul 9, 2007
    By far the coolest album I've heard this summer. It's just so goddamn catchy, energetic, wild, edgy and addictive, just the way I like it. Rihanna has truly progressed tremendously both as a singer and song-writer, and she looks good doing it. Beyonce move over...the real star of R&B is right here. The best R&B album of this year, no contest.
  29. ChristopherM
    Jun 11, 2007
    This album definitely outdid all of my expectations. Rihanna has finally started to sound like a mature woman with a strong voice and quite a great career in front of her. Keep it up!

1. This CD sounds as if it were scientifically engineered to deliver hits.
  2. Billboard
    Focusing more on catchy hooks and Fergie-style chants than lyrics helps disguise her vocal limitations. [9 Jun 2007]
  3. Rihanna works with edgier and wittier verse than on her two previous albums.