Holy Fire - Foals
8.1

Review this album

1. Feb 12, 2013
    Highlights: "Milk Black Spiders", "Late Night", "Everytime" "Inhaler"
    An incredible album by an incredible band, Antidotes is amazing, it has amazing songs and sounds that get stuck in your head for a while and you can listen to most of the songs any time, but it was missing something, Soul. Total life Forever answered that with an incredible amount of soul and epicness (if that
    exists) in the album. But Holy Fire is a combination of both, an album with songs that get stuck in your head, but also have soul and they all mean something, they all are good, it had been a while since I had heard an album with 11 perfect songs. Collapse
  2. Feb 12, 2013
    I think Foals' best album to date. It just feels... complete. I'll admit I didn't found it as inspired as Antidotes (still my favourite album), but they finally managed to gave form and style to their kind of music. The result is a rough, hard sound with echoing melodies, and it's gorgeous.
    Sure someone will hate this. I think it's a matter of tastes, since technically speaking, Total
    Life Forever is probably better than this "tripping experience", and there are no really incisive hits (Inhaler is the only exception).
    Anyway, I highly recommend to listen to it if you liked their previous albums.
  3. Apr 4, 2013
    Foals have definitely changed their sound from their previous two albums. However, I think it has been a benefit for them. This album flows so well, with each song fading smoothly into the next, and it just feels right. This is one of the best albums of 2013 so far. The highlights are: "Inhaler", "My Number", and "Milk and Black Spiders".

1. These songs demand attention like they demand volume; they require the space of repeat listens and the privilege of high fidelity audio presentation.
  2. Mar 7, 2013
    Through their first two releases, Foals were able to showcase their evolving sound, but with Holy Fire, their evolution stops dead in its tracks.
  3. Mar 7, 2013
    Holy Fire isn’t a straight home run for the Oxford-based quintet.