Intimacy - Bloc Party
8.3

Review this album

1. Nov 7, 2011
    The third album by the band. Their least commercially successful but I think its a really good album. Marginally better than A Weekend in the City and not quite as strong as Silent Alarm but the band showed consistent progression with their sound from album to album. All facets of the records are strong and it's very hard for me to pick out faults except there is a lack of killer singles that were present on their debut. It's such a pity that they have seemed to stop at this record with Kele going solo (bad move in my opinion). They've been one of the few "promising indie hopefuls" from the mid 00's that actually followed through on their potential and grew their sound. Collapse
  2. Jan 3, 2011
    Intimacy is Bloc Party's weakest entry, but that's not saying anything considering this was still a good album. I found it, for the most part, pretty enjoyable. It had a different sound to it and it sounded kinda strange at first but then you start to get into the groove and and start realizing that Bloc Party went crazy on this album. "Halo", "Biko", and "One Month Off" are great tracks. All In All, Intimacy is a good album by Bloc Party and I recommend it. B Expand

1. Intimacy is not quite the radical statement its makers might think it is (I’m not sure what could be given the group’s evident ambitions), but it’s definitely a little bit of invigorating redemption at a time when doubts were beginning to cloud what was, initially, a flawless reputation.
  2. This vicious playfulness extends to the music as well, which trims off the magisterial excesses of "Weekend" while keeping the band's recent noisy electronica crush intact.
  3. At its best Intimacy is taut and claustrophobic or movingly sentimental, but for the main part it is repetitious and bafflingly poorly realised, especially given that they could have had an extra six months to work on it.