J. Lo

7.9

Review this album

1. Nov 8, 2010
    Even though I truly love Jennifer, this album was not a 10. The opening track "Love Don't Cost a Thing" had me dancing, but some of the other tracks did not have that same intensity...Overall good album
  2. May 12, 2014
    One of the best albums in pop music. This one made Jennifer what she is today. J.Lo, the well known brand in entertainment history. Diverse sound of the album proves that JLo shines equaly as a pop, latin and urban artist.
  3. ashleys
    Jan 10, 2005
    ill give her a one to be nice!! i dont think this album is very good she souds the same in every song and every song has the same beat all i have to say stick to acting at least shes ok at that
  4. frankv
    Jun 15, 2005
    I luv JLO and her album was the best!!!!!!!!!
  5. May 23, 2011
    Though some of the tracks do work, they cannot elevate the album enough. Fillers outnumber the hits and while she goes on working with different genres here, it's mostly forgettable.
  6. Mike
    Apr 1, 2007
    I turned it off after two tracks. I put it on because I had a memory of my seventh grade dance and I wanted to relive that then I realized this song and seventh were horrible.
  7. Feb 1, 2016
    Superstar Jennifer Lopez's sophomore album titled "JLO" is one of her best albums to date. Released in 2001 this album contains many of the most iconic tracks of the last 15 years. Lead single "Love Don't Cost a Thing" is a fun uptempo pop song, great for a club environment. This globally successful single as well as second single "Play" were influential in certifying Lopez as a top notchSuperstar Jennifer Lopez's sophomore album titled "JLO" is one of her best albums to date. Released in 2001 this album contains many of the most iconic tracks of the last 15 years. Lead single "Love Don't Cost a Thing" is a fun uptempo pop song, great for a club environment. This globally successful single as well as second single "Play" were influential in certifying Lopez as a top notch dance artist to rival the likes of Madonna and Janet Jackson. "Ain't it Funny", "Dame" a duet with Pueto Rican pop verteran Chayanne , "Carino" and "Si Ya se Acobo" all remind listeners of Lopez's latin roots and the upbeat tempos and passion in these songs is reminiscent of a siesta. Other standouts from the album include "I'm Real" and "Walking on Sunshine". Overall this album causes listeners to feel like dancing and makes it difficult not to smile. After over 15 years I'd still be pleased to hear any of "JLO's" songs on the radio. Expand

1. J.Lo has a feisty, damn-I-know-I'm-all-that attitude, combined with pulsating, insistent beats that leap out of the speakers and make you wanna move.
  2. Most of the songs on J.Lo, for all their craftsmanship, are easy to trace to last year's hits. And while dance pop doesn't necessarily demand great singers, Lopez is just scraping by.
  3. Lopez mostly sticks to a successful formula - R&B lite with a Latin touch.